Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10542108 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11242) (11243) (11244) (11245) (11246) (11247) (11248) ... (19172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2021
I see JT, I don't see Boatank. But Raumdeuter knows best.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:28pm On Apr 26, 2021
BlueMann:
Napoli are now third in the Serie A. Juve are fourth, but are in real danger of finishing out of the top four. cheesy

I hope Juve finish out of top 4 to get the full benefit of Pirlo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2021
BikeMan:
I see JT, I don't see Boatank. But Rumdeuter knows best.

I dont see Nesta Maldini too but Okada man knows better

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
The kain news wen I dey read about naija ‘s insecurity don pass alarming.

Abeg, everyone living in Nigeria should stay safe and be security conscious.

This life na “otu mbia”!

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 12:00am On Apr 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Is Seniorman his nickname? I see many people calling him that

In Owerre (Owerre Nchi Nse”) “Senior man” is used to describe anyone who is respected not necessarily because of wealth but his experience in a particular field.

“Senior man” is not restricted to footballers in Owerre, it is a common household slang used mostly by youngies. Infact, a neighbor across the street who is older than you can be called “Senior man”, it’s a sign of respect.

Anyone who is from “Owerre Nchi Nse” would know this..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:05am On Apr 27, 2021
BikeMan:
I see JT, I don't see Boatank. But Ramdeuter knows best.

I see Victor Valdes but I dont see Manuel Neuer bikeman what can you tell us about that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:07am On Apr 27, 2021
Roland17:

In Owerre (Owerre Nchi Nse”) “Senior man” is used to describe anyone who is respected not necessarily because of wealth but his experience in a particular field.

“Senior man” is not restricted to footballers in Owerre, it is a common household slang used mostly by youngies. Infact, a neighbor across the street who is older than you can be called “Senior man”, it’s a sign of respect.

Nice explanation

Does it mean like Bros or Egbon?

When I saw Ndidi calling Kelechi seniorman, I been think say na sign of respect for someone older especially when both dey claim 1996 as Date of birth
Like how Osaze and Yakabu be passport agemates but shoes get size
Make he no be say we might be mates on passport but we know our mate
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:15am On Apr 27, 2021
Roland17:

Ọna wu naanị n'owerre nchi ise nga eji akpọ mmanụ Senior Man. Ị ga kwụ ga meta shí owu naanị ndi Owerre naanị ji ekwu ya. Ọ wu he zuru Imo State anyị ọnụ. Amaralam he nkwuo ji Igbo ka ha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:25am On Apr 27, 2021
Roland17:

This life na “otu mbia”!
I am afraid for this contraption. The way Nigeria is going now.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 12:28am On Apr 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Nice explanation

Does it mean like Bros or Egbon?

When I saw Ndidi calling Kelechi seniorman, I been think say na sign of respect for someone older especially when both dey claim 1996 as Date of birth

Make he no be say we might be mates on passport but we know our mate

Absolutely! It is likened to Egbon/ Bros with the only difference being it is not restricted or accorded primarily based off age. Someone who is your peer can still refer to you as “Seniorman”.

For instance, way back then in Owerre and it still happens now, when a talent left Township School or Uzii (2 renowned local pitches in Owerre that have raised numerous successful football talents, especially the former) to play outside Nigeria, Europe or Nigerian League, whenever they return, they are called “Senior man” by younger aspiring footballers who look up to them, sometimes their peer who don’t have a close relationship with them.

There is a video of Kelechi conversing with Leicester academy player who wanted his jersey while he was driving out of the stadium after a game and Kelechi referred to the academy player as a “Junior”, that is a normal slang and kind of opposite of “Senior man” in usage.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 12:33am On Apr 27, 2021
Greatihex:
Ọna wu naanị n'owerre nchi ise nga eji akpọ mmanụ Senior Man. Ị ga kwụ ga meta shí owu naanị ndi Owerre naanị ji ekwu ya. Ọ wu he zuru Imo State anyị ọnụ. Amaralam he nkwuo ji Igbo ka ha.

To avoid confusing anyone. A loose translation of what my brother @Greatihex is saying

“Senior man” is not a slang restricted to only “Owerre Nchi Ise”. He is saying it is a common slang across Imo State and he is absolutely correct.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 1:03am On Apr 27, 2021
Roland17:

This life na “otu mbia”!
brother, my owerri don dey turn to hot zone.

Nigeria government lacks the charisma to handle internal crisis, they think everything is by gun and war..
Las Las another guerilla warfare is brewing in the name of ipob.. those niggas ain't playing and they re ready to lay their lives for the cause(kanu,ipob).
I don't blame terrorists most times for been fanatics and loyalists.. recent developments in my state has thought me that government are the architects of these hydra headed monsters springing up.

Me dey vex because my owerri is about to turn to another borno..
But come what may,na our ground be this, we go fight for am.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:12am On Apr 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Is Seniorman his nickname? I see many people calling him that

grin grin grin

Those that played Amateur or pro football in Nigeria wouldn't be asking this question. No 'senior man' for monkey post football.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:44am On Apr 27, 2021
airmark:

grin grin grin

Those that played Amateur or pro football in Nigeria wouldn't be asking this question. No 'senior man' for monkey post football.

You know some people were busy in school studying tough courses and didn't have time to be playing football all over the country

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShadowCracker(m): 4:53am On Apr 27, 2021
airmark:

grin grin grin

Failed footballer sef wan famz grin.
Egbon Dayo is clearly Yoruba so don't blame him for not knowing an Igbo slang.

Guess what bro shocked.
Do you know what we refer to failed footballers like you in Yoruba, "Omo Ase", "Otu" cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy HAHAHAH.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:42am On Apr 27, 2021
BIG game today

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:13am On Apr 27, 2021
Haba grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 7:25am On Apr 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

You know some people were busy in school studying tough courses and didn't have time to be playing football all over the country
Even inside Ramadan shocked shocked
Awusubilahi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capitawap: 8:33am On Apr 27, 2021
Injuries or covid aside, I see no reason Chelsea should be afraid of this Chelsea side.

Courtois = Mendy
Marcelo= Chilwell
Carvajal=Azpilicueta
Ramos= Silva
Varane=Zouma
Modric=Jorginho
Kroos=Mount/kovacic
CASEMIRO=KANTE
Vinicious=Werner
Benzema=Giroud
Asensio=Ziyech

Player for player, Chelsea would on a norms match these guys.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:48am On Apr 27, 2021
Capitawap:
Injuries or covid aside, I see no reason Chelsea should be afraid of this Chelsea side.

Courtois = Mendy
Marcelo= Chilwell
Carvajal=Azpilicueta
Ramos= Silva
Varane=Zouma
Modric=Jorginho
Kroos=Mount/kovacic
CASEMIRO=KANTE
Vinicious=Werner
Benzema=Giroud
Asensio=Ziyech

In terms of productivity and output they edged our players. E.g
Casemiro and Modric can shoot from outside 18 yard box Kante or Jorginho can’t. Kroos can find his attackers with long passes that could be decisive Mount/Kovacic rarely do that. Benzema is prolific, Giroud rarely start for us and we don’t have a prolific striker. These are what decide a match. Tuchel's tactics is the reason we came this far.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:06am On Apr 27, 2021
Capitawap:

Courtois = Mendy
Marcelo= Chilwell
Carvajal=Azpilicueta
Ramos= Silva
Varane=Zouma
Modric=Jorginho
Kroos=Mount/kovacic
CASEMIRO=KANTE
Vinicious=Werner
Benzema=Giroud
Asensio=Ziyech

this guy kept giroud and benzema next to each other angry blasphemy, kept zouma next to Varene angry somebody is tired of breathing, kept chilwell next to Marcelo angry angry angry angry delete your account

Mount next to kroos, mount next to kroos angry angry angry angry angry angry angry wetin dey worry you, na witchcraft? Which kind intergalactic abomination be that, are you under a spell, many football legends will be rolling in their graves knowing that people like you still watch football, shame, disgrace, if I knew you, I would have you arrested and exported to Uranus

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:08am On Apr 27, 2021
hensben:
In terms of productivity and output they edged our players. E.g
Casemiro and Modric can shoot from outside 18 yard box Kante or Jorginho can’t. Kroos can find his attackers with long passes that could be decisive Mount/Kovacic rarely do that. Benzema is prolific, Giroud rarely start for us and we don’t have a prolific striker. These are what decide a match. Tuchel's tactics is the reason we came this far.
hen's ben knows the truth, he knows why the chicken crossed the road grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 9:13am On Apr 27, 2021
Havertz10:
this guy kept giroud and benzema next to each other angry blasphemy, kept zouma next to Varene angry somebody is tired of breathing, kept chilwell next to Marcelo angry angry angry angry delete your account

Mount next to kroos, mount next to kroos angry angry angry angry angry angry angry wetin dey worry you, na witchcraft? Which kind intergalactic abomination be that, are you under a spell, many football legends will be rolling in their graves knowing that people like you still watch football, shame, disgrace, if I knew you, I would have you arrested and exported to Uranus
hahaha this guy hate Mount deeply. Why now? He is still a Chelsea player now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 9:14am On Apr 27, 2021
Real Madrid 3 vs 0 Chelsea

As seen in my dream last night....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:15am On Apr 27, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Real Madrid 3 vs 0 Chelsea

As seen in my dream last night....
dreams do come true that's why you are married to Genevieve cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capitawap: 9:18am On Apr 27, 2021
Havertz10:

Oga no dey use sentiments analyze football. Why can't giroud be compared to benzema currently? Weytin Marcelo dey do currently wey Chilwell no fit do? The only questionable one is mount and kroos.

Weytin varane dey do wey Zouma no fit do?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 9:19am On Apr 27, 2021
ShadowCracker:
Immediately spurs sacked Poch, I already knew it was finished for that club.
That season after he took them to the Cl final, if they were a serious club they would have backed him, and sign his type of players in that light.

They don't know not every club can't afford to be sacking their manager anyhow like Chelsea.

It gon' cost ya.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:19am On Apr 27, 2021
arukwe123:
hahaha this guy hate Mount deeply. Why now? He is still a Chelsea player now.
the guy is always faking activities, always acting like he is doing something exceptional, I hate those type of people, too much activities, if he was good, I would swallow the humble pie but he doesnt have talent and people are hooked using sentimental affinity to like him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:21am On Apr 27, 2021
Capitawap:

Oga no dey use sentiments analyze football. Why can't giroud be compared to benzema currently? Weytin Marcelo dey do currently wey Chilwell no fit do? The only questionable one is mount and kroos.
if you compare yourself to messi self, I no get problem

But don't compare mount with kroos or any naturally gifted player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:26am On Apr 27, 2021
Bville02:

They don't know not every club can't afford to be sacking their manager anyhow like Chelsea.

It gon' cost ya.
that team was already on a downturn, poch isn't special, he will get found out by city, all the guys that made spurs great were either misfiring or have been sold, their transfers over the last 3 seasons have been terrible, poch had to go so the team can restructure, Mourinho wasn't the right man especially with their limited resources, they didn't take full advantage of their prime and didn't invest in the team well, poch no be anything biko, una dey forget how the fool bottled many important matches with prime spurs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 9:31am On Apr 27, 2021
Havertz10:
All these havertz ridicule, keeping the receipts, all these two faced people with no integrity, they will mock and hype the same player no shame, if havertz was 27, this banter for make sense, 21 and una dey act like say him career done finish

Tueh

The jokes write themselves.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by purplekayc(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2021
What's today's game predict?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11242) (11243) (11244) (11245) (11246) (11247) (11248) ... (19172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elrony(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.