Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10588963 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11532) (11533) (11534) (11535) (11536) (11537) (11538) ... (19240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2021
BlueMann:

grin

Baba no wan receive backlash I guess.

But I'm sure Walker will be playing as a Right Centre back.
And Trent can even slot into midfield, though I doubt that happening except maybe injury to a bonafide one
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
But how Southgate wan do really?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
If you're still not happy that Chelsea won the champions league, place your right hand on your chest and say, "I am a witch, lord deliver me"

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2021
Kilishihunter:

And Trent can even slot into midfield, though I doubt that happening except maybe injury to a bonafide one

Since Tuchel's James/RCB experiment worked, I suspect Southgate will shuffle between James and Walker at RCB.

Or las las na TAA go get the least playing time cos Southgate seems to favor the others.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
So Havertz didn't make England squad unlike Mount

You can't argue with greatness. cool

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
BlueMann:

Since Tuchel's James/RCB experiment worked, I suspect Southgate will shuffle between James and Walker at RCB.

Or las las na TAA go get the least playing time cos Southgate seems to favor the others.
Yeah then trippier as the starting RWB. I kinda feel for Trent though, infact if I'm him I'll start talking to klopp on transitioning into a midfielder or maybe winger sef, his technique seems more useful there since his defensive side is weak, cause as long as Southgate or another coach seeking balance is there, he would still be below the other three, same as wan bissaka except he switches to Congo or ups his attacking side cause the options England have at right back even the upcoming ones (Aarons, lamptey, cash etc) are just too rich.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2021
BlueMann:
Mount and Dias were also nominated for the YPOTY
Mount has to win one, YPOTY is more likely
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2021
nihilistjnr:
So Havertz didn't make England squad unlike Mount

You can't argue with greatness. cool
Havertz?? He is in Germany's midfield listed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
The best most likely XI that southgate picked

Pickford
Walker Mings Stones
Trippier Rice Mount Chilwell
Sancho Kane Grealish
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
popizaino:

It should be ziyech and pulisic not ziyech or pulisic. Both of them should find their square root .

Pulisic is very unreliable. From injuries to loss of form. Winning the league is a marathon which requires consistency
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
BlueAngel444:

Havertz?? He is in Germany's midfield listed

How does this relate to my post?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2021
BlueMann:

Both of them are staying. I'm sure of it.

We are moving away from the covid era, which means restrictions should be completely lifted; training will go back to normal, fixtures will not be as congested so there'll be enough time for rest, more time on the training ground and adjusting/acclimatising should be faster.

In short, players - and managers - will no longer have any excuse not to perform. So as from next season, I expect all players to start hitting their peak or expected forms.

All I'm saying is, the circumstances surrounding the just concluded season made me relax my expectations on certain players, especially those in their first season or dealing with one issue or the other. As from next season, things will return to normal so players won't have any excuse.

I won't write off Pulisic and Ziyech yet. But next season should be make it break for them as far a their Chelsea careers are concerned.

Do not yet lose faith in Captain America and the Morrocan Wizard.

Believe. Just believe.

Pulisic has been rarely consistent even before covid. He is injury prone and extremely volatile. Not your man for a marathon race.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
nihilistjnr:

How does this relate to my post?

Your post is actually meaningless. Which one is England squad when Euros is by the corner

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
BlueMann:

Both of them are staying. I'm sure of it.

We are moving away from the covid era, which means restrictions should be completely lifted; training will go back to normal, fixtures will not be as congested so there'll be enough time for rest, more time on the training ground and adjusting/acclimatising should be faster.

In short, players - and managers - will no longer have any excuse not to perform. So as from next season, I expect all players to start hitting their peak or expected forms.

All I'm saying is, the circumstances surrounding the just concluded season made me relax my expectations on certain players, especially those in their first season or dealing with one issue or the other. As from next season, things will return to normal so players won't have any excuse.

I won't write off Pulisic and Ziyech yet. But next season should be make it break for them as far a their Chelsea careers are concerned.

Do not yet lose faith in Captain America and the Morrocan Wizard.

Believe. Just believe.

Pulisic and Ziyech are necessary in this coming season that is after the euros

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Honestly we lack consistent goal-scoring winger.
Pussylic and Ziyech are not it.

I heard we are interested in Adama, and Hakimi.
Honestly Adama at rwb -- fire shocked shocked shocked.

He did not have the best of seasons last season, partly due to Jimenez absence but stillI don't get the hate.
Adama of 2019/20 was a beast, *I remember how he raped Pep's Man city home, and away tongue* if Tuchel can get him back to those levels fine by me.

Hakimi also won't be bad his stats are amazing.
Any of those two at rwb would be a plus in my opinion.
Let Tuchel get Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic to their scoring form na cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Havertz10:
that guy is boasting as if we are prime Barca, we aren't there yet, just stating the obvious
Ate you saying Chelsea were not dominant in this UCL win undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2021
BlueAngel444:

Ate you saying Chelsea were not dominant in this UCL win undecided
a team that dominates doesn't panic at the last 10 mins of the game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
Almajirihunter:
Grealish was out for a long time wonder how he made it there, Gundogan should be there IMO

2city players are there already I guess that why

I'm rooting for Diaz
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
swiz123:

Your post is actually meaningless. Which one is England squad when Euros is by the corner

Nobody asked you to quote the post, if a simple joke flew over your head like a missile.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
hensben:
That's true, i saw it too. He is always fund of that. Instead of him to chase his opponent and make tackles he will be pointing to CB to rush out.

Is this VVD you are talking about or another player?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2021
popizaino:

Yes.....Thiago Silva won it as a choir singing hymns .

Tammy has the same picture

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
raumdeuter:

Tammy has the same picture

Yes...same as Lewandowski

Tammy = Lewandowski

Don't try to draw distinctions now, after years of dodgy arguments. We don't want to hear it.

Embrace us. We are the monsters you made.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
thorrvik55:
Gareth Southgate really took four Rightbacks to the Euros.. Like four?? grin grin

True definition of a Clueless manager

He doesn't have balls to drop one of them

But I think he just gave his tactics away. He will play 3-4-3 and use Walker and James as RCB and Trent and Trippier at RWB

I personally think Trippier should have been left home. He does nothing better than Trent.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ziyech can go. He is the signing I most looked forward to but Baba does not have the physical strength for EPL.

Pulisic can stay. Anytime he gets injured, more minutes for CHO on the left side.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
with messi and aguero in d barca team...I foresee barca winning d laliga and UCL next season... also heard dat xavi is tainted to become Barcelona manager next season... dat should boost their chances
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2021
Havertz10:
a team that dominates doesn't panic at the last 10 mins of the game

Sometimes I just feel like banning and deleting your account.. No disrespect, but you write lots of rubbish.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Yes...same as Lewandowski

Tammy = Lewandowski

Don't try to draw distinctions now, after years of dodgy arguments. We don't want to hear it.

Embrace us. We are the monsters you made.

Tammy like Silva spent a significant time on the bench cheering heroes like Harvetz and Akpola shoe Rudiger to do it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
macjireh:
with messi and aguero in d barca team...I foresee barca winning d laliga and UCL next season... also heard dat xavi is tainted to become Barcelona manager next season... dat should boost their chances
This one go just wake up and start foreseeing what will blind him
Nawa oo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
SodO9:

This one go just wake up and start foreseeing what will blind him
Nawa oo
same way I said d UCL is coming to England during d quarter finals and even said Chelsea will shock city at d finals.... wetin finally happen... or u think I don't have receipts?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
macjireh:
this is going to age like unrefrigerated kunu

Aguero isn't Suarez.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
chelseabmw:

Sometimes I just feel like banning and deleting your account.. No disrespect, but you write lots of rubbish.
I should lie that we dominated the champions league because being deluded is something only true Chelsea fans exhibit, una no just like the truth cheesy

We aren't there yet, we still need a few players before we can start boasting that we can beat anybody

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
Havertz10:
I should lie that we dominated the champions league because being deluded is something only true Chelsea fans exhibit, una no just like the truth cheesy

We aren't there yet, we still need a few players before we can start boasting that we can beat anybody

That's OK. You are right. . . . except that we suspect that you may want to pin our lack of domination on Mounts shoulders grin grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11532) (11533) (11534) (11535) (11536) (11537) (11538) ... (19240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, bestmutiu2019(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.