Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10751822 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11594) (11595) (11596) (11597) (11598) (11599) (11600) ... (19432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Baba Donstan18, when Havertz eventually comes good...

U must come out to accept your L with your full chest oh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:
So they are actual people that will buy a 34yr old finished Messi with over 1million weekly wages over a 20yr old Haaland and 21yrs old mbappe in 2021. It can only be ment na
Choosing Messi over Halland is okay, only few will do otherwise.

Messi is tested. If he doesn’t score goals, he’s creating and assisting. He’s intelligent and good with free kicks.

Mbappe is tested, did well in Monaco, did well them in UCl against top teams and took them to semi finals, did and still doing well with France.

Still doing well with PSG. A big game player, he dey tidy both big and small teams. He dey create, run defenders down, gives good passes.

No dey compare am with Halland abeg!

Halland isn’t tested yet. He’s not proven shiit against big teams with tough defenders. No be Chelsea he suppose use prove am, we are not good in developing strikers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
abimic:

I am not even going to divulge confidential information to him. Let him be enjoying mtn made money from recharge cards, in this 21st century. He clearly doesn't even know how much MTN is worth.....

What do u mean by confidential?

Looks like u'll need to reconfirm as these companies are PLC
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
DumaEmpire:
Your hatred for Havertz is disgusting aswell.

A dude that got a winning goal @ Ucl but you claim his goal is worthless.

That's a disgusting statement.
When it comes to returning shiits with shiit, you can count on me. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
User09:

To buttress your point. See Note 9 of their FS. I also checked to understand his perspective
he said mtn makes money from undisclosed sources cheesy

Airmark claims to be aware cheesy

Nairaland

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:

This Messi you people are calling finished...okay o.

Shey they said he was finished last season?

His 2021 performance neva shock una reach abi grin
What spectacular thing did he do in the champions league last season or against la Liga big teams ? You think stat padding against Eibar and Huscea will hide the fact that he is finished. So you will join those that will spend 120million plus 1million weekly wage on Messi?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:
AC + Emerson for Hakimi?

AC deserves to stay abeg...let it be Emerson + cash.
the board will have to be completely mad to let AC go.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
donstan18:

Choosing Messi over Halland is okay, only few will do otherwise.

Messi is tested. If he doesn’t score goals, he’s creating and assisting. He’s intelligent and good with free kicks.

Mbappe is tested, did well in Monaco, did well them in UCl against top teams and took them to semi finals, did and still doing well with France.

Still doing well with PSG. A big game player, he dey tidy both big and small teams. He dey create, run defenders down, gives good passes.

No dey compare am with Halland abeg!

Halland isn’t tested yet. He’s not proven shiit against big teams with tough defenders. No be Chelsea he suppose use prove am, we are not good in developing strikers.
Yes because 20ucl goals in 14matches is easy. Choosing Messi over Haaland in 2021 is madness. Hell am picking Harry kane over Messi as at today. Messi that's finished
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

Choosing Messi over Haaland in 2021 is madness. Hell am picking Harry kane over Messi as at today. Messi that's finished
Harry Kane over Messi is understandable because he’s tested and trusted.

Hålland over Messi in Chelsea is a big risk, unless we’ll give Dortmund Harvertz with 20m.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:
Baba Donstan18, when Havertz eventually comes good...

U must come out to accept your L with your full chest oh
I accepted my L when Rudiger became good and influential.

I accepted my L when Tuchel won Ucl and took Chelsea from 9th to top4.

I’m ready to accept any L so long as it’s worth it, so long as it’s benefiting Chelsea and giving fans joy. Until then, let’s call a fraud a fraud.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2021
donstan18:

Harry Kane over Messi is understandable because he’s tested and trusted.

Hålland over Messi in Chelsea is a big risk, unless we’ll give Dortmund Harvertz with 20m.
Baba no body is picking Messi over Haaland in 2021 leave all this story. One is finished and old while the other is on the path to greatness if he can maintain his current progress.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2021
airmark:

Many people actually dont know including me, until i ventured into the VOIP biz over 10yrs ago.

Don't waste your time on that dude.

venturer

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
donstan18:

When it comes to returning shiits with shiit, you can count on me. cheesy
Yea me2 grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
DumaEmpire:
Yea me2 grin
that guy behaves like a woman

I get androgynous vibes from him

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

Baba no body is picking Messi over Haaland in 2021 leave all this story. One is finished and old while the other is on the path to greatness if he can maintain his current progress.
Dembele, Harvertz, Morata, Martial, Jovic, Asensio and some few use to be on this table until reality hit them.

I’m not saying Halland isn’t good, I’m saying the price tag and the fact that he’s coming to Chelsea a club known for messing up promising strikers will be a big risk. The expectations will be high, he might not give it.

If he was going to ManCity, PSG or Liverpool, e for dey sure say he fit do well, but Chelsea?? Guy Na Chelsea we dey talk about oo!!

Close to 20 years, Na only Drogba and Costa you go count wey do well for Chelsea. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
Havertz10:
that guy behaves like a woman

I get androgynous vibes from him
His view point atimes is quite ridiculous. Sometimes j ignore but how can someone say Havertz's goal against Man city was useless. A winning goal for that matter.
But doesn't hesitate to call Mount's assist worldclass. When the fact is Havertz really worked for that goal and infact apart from Kante he was the best player in the match. Nd if not for wasteful Pulisic he probably would've have an assist too.

That's unfair

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

What spectacular thing did he do in the champions league last season or against la Liga big teams ? You think stat padding against Eibar and Huscea will hide the fact that he is finished. So you will join those that will spend 120million plus 1million weekly wage on Messi?

There's little more he can do with the squad and players he plays with, and the manager at the helm of affairs.

Messi not doing a lot against the big teams should not be of any surprise if you actually follow Barcelona. Rather, you should ask yourself: how did the manager plan for those aforementioned big games?

Barca's tactics against them big boys was mostly pass to Messi and Inshallah. So once you lock Messi, the whole team becomes predictable and stale. Did you see the game against Real Madrid, when they lost 2-1? Did you see the tactics employed by Koeman? Busquets at DM, and an extremely high line featuring Pique against a Real Madrid side that were more than happy to sit back and hit on the counter, which is probably their biggest strengths. The moment the lineups were released and the formations predicted, even Barca fans knew they were in for some trouble. The only reason the scoreline was respectable was because of profligacy.

That has been the theme for Barca in most of the big games. And you expect Messi to do it all by himself? Which of the supporting cast raised their game? Griezmann? Dembele? Or is it youngsters like Dest, De Jong, Pedri, Ilaix Moriba abi Puig wey Koeman no even gree play? Abi na Braitwaithe? Sergi Roberto?? cheesy Lenglet? cheesy cheesy

And even against PSG, he got both their goals. Against Atletico nko, when his best chance came when he dribbled like four or five players before drawing a fantastic save from Oblak? And when Dembele had a clear chance, he nodded over.

That has been the theme of Barca's season, especially in big games.

My point is, you cannot conveniently say Messi is finished just because he "failed to turn up in the big games". That would be conveniently ignoring Barca's problems.

And I dare say if you remove Messi and put Mbappe, Ronaldo, Haaland, Neymar etc in that Barca team, they would not fare much better.

PS. This doesn't mean I feel 120m for Messi would be a smarter deal that 150m for Haaland.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2021
Haaland's wages is just my problem.

If not, it makes no economic sense to pay 100 million for Messi who is 34 years

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
See epistle God
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
izzou:

True. Except for commercial reasons. Like Juve who splashed 100M for Ronaldo just to get more social media followers and sell more jerseys grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2021
izzou:

True word
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
Greatihex:
You mean, like the Kepa business?

I don tell una make una rest with all these things. You have no say in the signing. Just rest. Na all these things una dey do dey cause all these unnecessary arguments for here.
When Chelsea sign this Haaland now and em begin flop instead of you to accept say em don flop, you go begin write long Epistles on why he will come good and everything.

All club to sign player come. If em flop, you bash. If e do well, you hail. Simple. I stopped following transfer news and discussing incoming players since 2-3 years now.
Anything wey club like make dem sign, e no concern me. My own na to watch match, support players wey dey do well or try their best to do well. Flop and don't look like coming good, I bash you. Na my own be that.

I stopped following transfer news about 10years ago when the news of Edwin Dzeko to Chelsea was flying around. Man grin grin grin grin I did some mumu mumu thing and was ready to fight anybody that tells me I was only dreaming. I had Edwin dzeko transferred to Chelsea on my console grin just because I was following his news passionately grin only for him to end up at man city . Since then I don't follow transfer news again. No be una go kill with hbp.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
donstan18:

Dembele, Harvertz, Morata, Martial, Jovic, Asensio and some few use to be on this table until reality hit them.

I’m not saying Halland isn’t good, I’m saying the price tag and the fact that he’s coming to Chelsea a club known for messing up promising strikers will be a big risk. The expectations will be high, he might not give it.

If he was going to ManCity, PSG or Liverpool, e for dey sure say he fit do well, but Chelsea?? Guy Na Chelsea we dey talk about oo!!

Close to 20 years, Na only Drogba and Costa you go count wey do well for Chelsea. cheesy

Hasselbaink, Drogba and Costa. Since like 2000.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:

There's little more he can do with the squad and players he plays with, and the manager at the helm of affairs.

Messi not doing a lot against the big teams should not be of any surprise if you actually follow Barcelona. Rather, you should ask yourself: how did the manager plan for those aforementioned big games?

Barca's tactics against them big boys was mostly pass to Messi and Inshallah. So once you lock Messi, the whole team becomes predictable and stale. Did you see the game against Real Madrid, when they lost 2-1? Did you see the tactics employed by Koeman? Busquets at DM, and an extremely high line featuring Pique against a Real Madrid side that were more than happy to sit back and hit on the counter, which is probably their biggest strengths. The moment the lineups were released and the formations predicted, even Barca fans knew they were in for some trouble. The only reason the scoreline was respectable was because of profligacy.

That has been the theme for Barca in most of the big games. And you expect Messi to do it all by himself? Which of the supporting cast raised their game? Griezmann? Dembele? Or is it youngsters like Dest, De Jong, Pedri, Ilaix Moriba abi Puig wey Koeman no even gree play? Abi na Braitwaithe? Sergi Roberto?? cheesy Lenglet? cheesy cheesy

And even against PSG, he got both their goals. Against Atletico nko, when his best chance came when he dribbled like four or five players before drawing a fantastic save from Oblak? And when Dembele had a clear chance, he nodded over.

That has been the theme of Barca's season, especially in big games.

My point is, you cannot conveniently say Messi is finished just because he "failed to turn up in the big games". That would be conveniently ignoring Barca's problems.

And I dare say if you remove Messi and put Mbappe, Ronaldo, Haaland, Neymar etc in that Barca team, they would not fare much better.

PS. This doesn't mean I feel 120m for Messi would be a smarter deal that 150m for Haaland.
Yes playing with 100Million Griezmann,120million Dembele, 130million coutinho, 60million De jong must be difficult for poor old Messi having to carry average players. Leave story bros. He never turned up against any of the big teams he faced last season rather he focused on stat padding against Eibar and their likes. He is finished.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

Yes playing with 100Million Griezmann,120million Dembele, 130million coutinho, 60million De jong must be difficult for poor old Messi having to carry average players. Leave story bros. He never turned up against any of the big teams he faced last season rather he focused on stat padding against Eibar and their likes. He is finished.

SMH

No problem bossman.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
Unlimited22:

Hasselbaink, Drogba and Costa. Since like 2000.

There was a reason I said almost 20 year, that’s starting from Mou2004, when Chelsea became more competitive.

It’s almost 20 years, Na only Drogba and Costa, do you know what that means? If you calm down check, we fit don sign more than 10 strikers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
DumaEmpire:
True. Except for commercial reasons. Like Juve who splashed 100M for Ronaldo just to get more social media followers and sell more jerseys grin

It's always business for the club owners.

It's more than just goals for them. If Havertz and Haaland excel here, they would be money spinners for Roman in the next five years. Hazard is an example.

Business wise, it's preferable to buy Haaland, than Kane or Messi

But then, the wages....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

He didn't play any match against eibar last season, Hardly any businessman won't carry a 20yr old over a 34yr old, That's just it, If not I don't see anything haaland can do better than him as he's still growing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
popizaino:

I stopped following transfer news about 10years ago when the news of Edwin Dzeko to Chelsea was flying around. Man grin grin grin grin I did some mumu mumu thing and was ready to fight anybody that tells me I was only dreaming. I had Edwin dzeko transferred to Chelsea on my console grin just because I was following his news passionately grin only for him to end up at man city . Since then I don't follow transfer news again. No be una go kill with hbp.
What about Aguero of atletico to Chelsea grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hmmmm

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
izzou:

It's always business for the club owners.

It's more than just goals for them. If Havertz and Haaland excel here, they would be money spinners for Roman in the next five years. Hazard is an example.

Business wise, it's preferable to buy Haaland, than Kane or Messi

But then, the wages....
Yea you're right.
Hope they resolve the wage issue. Haaland should be wise to take opportunities like this nd put his wage bill on check. Cos in football anything could happen. He could lose form and Raiola won't hesitate to dump his ass
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
airmark:

Your bag of beans missed awoof PK and fired blanks in 2 games only for Giroud to come and replace him and he showed him where the goal post was. grin

Giroud - 1 World cup

Benzema - No World cup

Giroud that was carried to a world cup, how can a striker go to a tournament scored 0 goals barely had a shot on target

Your ability to stan failures is unrivaled

(1) (2) (3) ... (11594) (11595) (11596) (11597) (11598) (11599) (11600) ... (19432) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.