Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,189 members, 7,853,058 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:40 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10703833 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11595) (11596) (11597) (11598) (11599) (11600) (11601) ... (19360) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

So you will open eye and buy a 34yr old and finished Messi for 120miliion? Check your self

grin grin grin
He is finished till he reunites with pep Guardiola and this "finish" fly out of the window .
Messi is finished but some people are already scared of pep Guardiola getting him to city .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
Kilishihunter:

He didn't play any match against eibar last season, Hardly any businessman won't carry a 20yr old over a 34yr old, That's just it, If not I don't see anything haaland can do better than him as he's still growing
K
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
How is Messi finished? I no even understand.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Haaland is a good striker but he struggles against low-block teams (which Dortmund don't get to face often).

German teams generally put more emphasis on attractive attacking play because TV money differentials means most lower teams don't have to "Orubebe" and adopt a "we die here" attitude to staying in the top division. In other words, you'll get better returns by playing attacking football and swelling your fan base with neutrals compared to doing a Burnley just to stay up.

The way people type nonsense with confidence sha

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
popizaino:

grin grin grin
He is finished till he reunites with pep Guardiola and this "finish" fly out of the window .
Messi is finished but some people are already scared of pep Guardiola getting him to city .
I don't care about Guardiola or city or going into pointless debate. The question was "So you will open eye and buy a 35yrs old and finished Messi for 120miliion and 1million per weekly wage ? Yes or no
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:
Hmmmm

Lol.

I wonder what advise Ziyech would give him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2021
Kilishihunter:

What about Aguero of atletico to Chelsea grin

grin grin grin

Man my ear don hear enough .

Kaka
Ronaldinho
Robinho
Pirlo
Tevez
Daniel Alves
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

I don't care about Guardiola or city or going into pointless debate. The question was "So you will open eye and buy a 35yrs old and finished Messi for 120miliion and 1million per weekly wage ? Yes or no

Yes I will rather Chelsea sign 35years old messi for 150m self than to sign halland for 120m .

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2021
Havertz10:
he said mtn makes money from undisclosed sources cheesy

Airmark claims to be aware cheesy

Nairaland

Undisclosed sources like money rituals

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2021
popizaino:

Yes I will rather Chelsea sign 35years old messi for 150m self than to sign halland for 120m .
Thank God you are not the owner of Chelsea or make transfer decisions for them.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Unlimited22:

Patson Daka. Zambian attacker. Also young. He is good but I would give him one more year before I get him.

The boy is hot. I last saw him when Haaland moved.

But why give a Zambian one more year. You know that nigga is already 30

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
Havertz10:
England's best starting 11 grin

Chelsea player of the year isn't considered good enough, oh lawd cheesy cheesy

I don't think Havertz will make team over Grealish or Foden anyway of the week, not to talk of when we bring in Sterling, Sancho, Rashford etc

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:
Hmmmm

No need. Poor allocation of resources
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DeadPresidents: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
raumdeuter:

The way people type nonsense with confidence sha

The defender of the German league is here.

Here's a Forbes piece detailing the specifics of Bundesliga TV money distribution

https://www.forbes.com/sites/manuelveth/2019/05/13/tv-distribution-bundesliga-needs-to-learn-from-english-premier-league/?sh=6e6f80a43c63

In 2019, the Bundesliga received €1.25 Billion in TV money (to be split with Bundesliga 2). Last placed Fortuna Dusseldorf received €25.412 million.

€25.412 million. That's nearly Nigerian league level payout grin

To quote Ibime, "Stop acting cool, we know how to count, we went to school"!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:

I mean if they indeed decide to go for Hakimi.

Of course I like James. And I would want Livramento to break in as well.

And I like Chilwell too.
Chilwell is good but his style of play dey irritate sometime, one step forward 3 steps backward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:

There's little more he can do with the squad and players he plays with, and the manager at the helm of affairs.

Messi not doing a lot against the big teams should not be of any surprise if you actually follow Barcelona. Rather, you should ask yourself: how did the manager plan for those aforementioned big games?

Barca's tactics against them big boys was mostly pass to Messi and Inshallah. So once you lock Messi, the whole team becomes predictable and stale. Did you see the game against Real Madrid, when they lost 2-1? Did you see the tactics employed by Koeman? Busquets at DM, and an extremely high line featuring Pique against a Real Madrid side that were more than happy to sit back and hit on the counter, which is probably their biggest strengths. The moment the lineups were released and the formations predicted, even Barca fans knew they were in for some trouble. The only reason the scoreline was respectable was because of profligacy.

That has been the theme for Barca in most of the big games. And you expect Messi to do it all by himself? Which of the supporting cast raised their game? Griezmann? Dembele? Or is it youngsters like Dest, De Jong, Pedri, Ilaix Moriba abi Puig wey Koeman no even gree play? Abi na Braitwaithe? Sergi Roberto?? cheesy Lenglet? cheesy cheesy

And even against PSG, he got both their goals. Against Atletico nko, when his best chance came when he dribbled like four or five players before drawing a fantastic save from Oblak? And when Dembele had a clear chance, he nodded over.

That has been the theme of Barca's season, especially in big games.

My point is, you cannot conveniently say Messi is finished just because he "failed to turn up in the big games". That would be conveniently ignoring Barca's problems.

And I dare say if you remove Messi and put Mbappe, Ronaldo, Haaland, Neymar etc in that Barca team, they would not fare much better.

You are not even a Barca fan, yet you 've been able to explain the current state of Barcelona more than 95% of those parading themselves as Barca fans on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
BikeMan:
Raumdeuter, whatever you do today, please make sure you watch the end of this clip grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP3KA7PlLur/?utm_medium=copy_link
Chai, some ppl are wicked sha grin

I just don't know why, I just dey pity the Guy (Pep)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
BlueMann:

There's little more he can do with the squad and players he plays with, and the manager at the helm of affairs.

Messi not doing a lot against the big teams should not be of any surprise if you actually follow Barcelona. Rather, you should ask yourself: how did the manager plan for those aforementioned big games?

Barca's tactics against them big boys was mostly pass to Messi and Inshallah. So once you lock Messi, the whole team becomes predictable and stale. Did you see the game against Real Madrid, when they lost 2-1? Did you see the tactics employed by Koeman? Busquets at DM, and an extremely high line featuring Pique against a Real Madrid side that were more than happy to sit back and hit on the counter, which is probably their biggest strengths. The moment the lineups were released and the formations predicted, even Barca fans knew they were in for some trouble. The only reason the scoreline was respectable was because of profligacy.

That has been the theme for Barca in most of the big games. And you expect Messi to do it all by himself? Which of the supporting cast raised their game? Griezmann? Dembele? Or is it youngsters like Dest, De Jong, Pedri, Ilaix Moriba abi Puig wey Koeman no even gree play? Abi na Braitwaithe? Sergi Roberto?? cheesy Lenglet? cheesy cheesy

And even against PSG, he got both their goals. Against Atletico nko, when his best chance came when he dribbled like four or five players before drawing a fantastic save from Oblak? And when Dembele had a clear chance, he nodded over.

That has been the theme of Barca's season, especially in big games.

My point is, you cannot conveniently say Messi is finished just because he "failed to turn up in the big games". That would be conveniently ignoring Barca's problems.

And I dare say if you remove Messi and put Mbappe, Ronaldo, Haaland, Neymar etc in that Barca team, they would not fare much better.

PS. This doesn't mean I feel 120m for Messi would be a smarter deal that 150m for Haaland.

Shalaye FC

Argentina has played 6 World Cup qualifying games in which Messi played all of them, but he only has 1 goal(penalty) and zero assists.

If Argentina get dumped out of the copa America, you guys will find a way blame his teammates as usual

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

So you will open eye and buy a 34yr old and finished Messi for 120miliion? Check your self
what?
If Messi is put for sale right now @ 150m many clubs will bid fight for him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2021
MorataFC:
what?
If Messi is put for sale right now @ 150m many clubs will bid fight for him.
Zero
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Havertz10:
England's best starting 11 grin
Chelsea player of the year isn't considered good enough, oh lawd cheesy cheesy
so if Havertz were English,, will he make that line up??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2021
popizaino:

I stopped following transfer news about 10years ago when the news of Edwin Dzeko to Chelsea was flying around. Man grin grin grin grin I did some mumu mumu thing and was ready to fight anybody that tells me I was only dreaming. I had Edwin dzeko transferred to Chelsea on my console grin just because I was following his news passionately grin only for him to end up at man city . Since then I don't follow transfer news again. No be una go kill with hbp.
grin
Na Morata Bleep me up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
devvy44:

Shalaye FC

Argentina has played 6 World Cup qualifying games in which Messi played all of them, but he only has 1 goal(penalty) and zero assists.

If Argentina get dumped out of the copa America, you guys will find a way blame his teammates as usual
With the way that guy was typing you will think Messi was playing with Norwich city level type of players and not 100million Griezmann,120Milli Dembele,130milli coutinho , 60milli De Jong etc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
donstan18:

Choosing Messi over Halland is okay, only few will do otherwise.

Messi is tested. If he doesn’t score goals, he’s creating and assisting. He’s intelligent and good with free kicks.

Mbappe is tested, did well in Monaco, did well them in UCl against top teams and took them to semi finals, did and still doing well with France.

Still doing well with PSG. A big game player, he dey tidy both big and small teams. He dey create, run defenders down, gives good passes.

No dey compare am with Halland abeg!

Halland isn’t tested yet. He’s not proven shiit against big teams with tough defenders. No be Chelsea he suppose use prove am, we are not good in developing strikers.
(You said) Haaland is not good for Chelsea Kane is beyond our reach (if we consider Levi factor) pls can you suggest any good striker out there that is available.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
devvy44:

Shalaye FC

Messi last 16 competitive match for Argentina only one goal from open play spanning from 2018 world cup,2019 Copa America and 2022 world cup qualifiers. They should replace the word fraud from the English dictionary with Messi.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2021
donstan18:

I accepted my L when Rudiger became good and influential.

I accepted my L when Tuchel won Ucl and took Chelsea from 9th to top4.

I’m ready to accept any L some long as it’s worth it, so long as it’s benefiting Chelsea and giving fans joy. Until then, let’s call a fraud a fraud.
OK,
Bookmarked

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
DeadPresidents:

The defender of the German league is here.

Here's a Forbes piece detailing the specifics of Bundesliga TV money distribution

https://www.forbes.com/sites/manuelveth/2019/05/13/tv-distribution-bundesliga-needs-to-learn-from-english-premier-league/?sh=6e6f80a43c63

In 2019, the Bundesliga received €1.25 Billion in TV money (to be split with Bundesliga 2). Last placed Fortuna Dusseldorf received €25.412 million.

€25.412 million. That's nearly Nigerian league level payout grin

To quote Ibime, "Stop acting cool, we know how to count, we went to school"!

How does what you typed correlate to
DeadPresidents:

Haaland is a good striker but he struggles against low-block teams (which Dortmund don't get to face often).

German teams generally put more emphasis on attractive attacking play because TV money differentials means most lower teams don't have to "Orubebe" and adopt a "we die here" attitude to staying in the top division. In other words, you'll get better returns by playing attacking football and swelling your fan base with neutrals compared to doing a Burnley just to stay up.

Obviously you dont watch enough to see that different teams in every league play the same. Does Burnley play like Leeds, Does Brighton play like Crystal Palace? Does Werber Bremen play like Augsburg or does Frankfurt play like Union Berlin

Its important to keep quiet about things you dont know about

You quoting ibimee out of context does not give any legitimacy to your poor argument

Haaland has scored against Liverpool, Napoli, Lazio Sevilla in the Chamions league. Are these teams that play attractive football?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ibime:

I don't think Havertz will make team over Grealish or Foden anyway of the week, not to talk of when we bring in Sterling, Sancho, Rashford etc
We are now discussing what if? cheesy the ridiculous lengths some people will go to make a point

YES havertz will start for england, none of the above is more talented than him

macjireh:

so if Havertz were English,, will he make that line up??
just accept that mount is mediocre and rest, euros will soon start, we will see what will happen cause the expectations on england are very high, I doubt mount will start most games

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2021
Greatihex:
grin
Na Morata Bleep me up.
Na only Morata u fit mention? What of Lukaku, what of Salah?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2021
Capaldi:

Thank God you are not the owner of Chelsea or make transfer decisions for them.

None of us actually grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
MorataFC:
(You said) Haaland is not good for Chelsea Kane is beyond our reach (if we consider Levi factor) pls can you suggest any good striker out there that is available.
Kane and Lukaku, aside them, I’ll choose Halland.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
Whoever Chelsea fc decides to sign will get my maximum support and if the news flying Halland big money move to Chelsea comes to pass, I will support him as well and will only relish my chance of finally seeing a left footed marksman lead the line for Chelsea. I use to like Louis saha and van Persie, this two really terrorized our defence so I cant love haaland less. We should just make sure we get a fast skillfull creative midfielder along .

(1) (2) (3) ... (11595) (11596) (11597) (11598) (11599) (11600) (11601) ... (19360) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibime(m), obainojazz(m), Itsrm(m), forgiveness, a4turitoroman, Sportsweb, Chasicolis(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.