Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,521 members, 7,847,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:52 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10672303 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11601) (11602) (11603) (11604) (11605) (11606) (11607) ... (19318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2021
But come to think of it, Manchester as a city is useless o grin

Their two biggest teams played the two biggest European finals in the space of 3 days........... And lost both. shocked

This kind thing no fit happen for London. cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ibime:

Park the bus strikers do even better in attacking football. Drogbas best season was his 37 goal season in 2010 playing ultra attacking football under Ancelotti.

Those who can produce with little service will definitely produce in abundance with plentiful service. Just like the parable of the talents.

You are woefully bereft of knowledge of this great club.

Don't make a fluke season make you start comparing our players of the last 10 years to that era.

During that era we compete for league every season and made UCL semis at a minimum in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2009 - 5 years out of 6, unlike these days when we wonder if we will make top 4.
Premier league wasn't as competitive back then as it is today

Top 4 was guaranteed for most clubs, you could name the top 4 every season, the emergence of city and spurs coupled with the new rules for sharing broadcast revenue changed everything, smaller teams are getting better players and coaches

What makes the premier league special is the match day uncertainty and they will continue sharing broadcast revenue evenly to maintain that uncertainty, you know that it's possible for any team to beat any team, makes the viewing experience enjoyable

it's arguable that we wouldn't dominate with those players if they were playing for us today

You call last season a fluke because you want to undermine havertz, if I said something like this that wild bat will say that it's covid that brought people here

The way you look at issues is disappointing, I expected better from you honestly, you have allowed sentiments to cloud your judgment.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:
Premier league wasn't as competitive back then as it is today

Top 4 was guaranteed for most clubs, you could name the top 4 every season, the emergence of city and spurs coupled with the new rules for sharing broadcast revenue changed everything, smaller teams are getting better players and coaches

What makes the premier league special is the match day uncertainty and they will continue sharing broadcast revenue evenly to maintain that uncertainty, you know that it's possible for any team to beat any team, makes the viewing experience enjoyable

it's arguable that we wouldn't dominate with those players if they were playing for us today

You call last season a fluke because you want to undermine havertz, if I said something like this that wild bat will say that it's covid that brought people here

The way you look at issues is disappointing, I expected better from you honestly, you have allowed sentiments to cloud your judgment.

Absolute rubbish. The only reason that team did not win more league titles was one reason only and that's Ronaldo at Man Utd. Soon as Ronaldo left in 2009, they won the next season.

If TV money explains their consistency in EPL, what explains their consistency in Europe?

The only players in this era that will near that team are Kante and the wingers (wings was their only weakness after the sale of Robben and Duff). Also Azpi or James would replace Ferreira easily.

It's obvious you are a born yesterday Chelsea fan from the rubbish above.

You know nothing about the feeling of going into a match 100% confident that Chelsea would win.

This current Chelsea era had not made UCL semi for 7 years before this season.

And what makes you think this has anything to do with Havertz? You are nuts. I'm not fake fan like you that will pray for Chelsea to lose UCL because you don't want Mount to win. I've been complaining about this iteration of Chelsea since 2013 season.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ibime:

Absolute rubbish. The only reason that team did not win more league titles was one reason only and that's Ronaldo at Man Utd. Soon as Ronaldo left in 2009, they won the next season.

If TV money explains their consistency in EPL, what explains their consistency in Europe?

The only players in this era that will near that team are Kante and the wingers (wings was their only weakness after the sale of Robben and Duff). Also Azpi or James would replace Ferreira easily.

You know nothing about the feeling of going into a match 100% confident that Chelsea would win.

And what makes you think this has anything to do with Havertz? You are nuts. I'm not fake fan like you that will pray for Chelsea to lose UCL because you don't want Mount to win. I've been complaining about this iteration of Chelsea since 2013 season.
Why does this sound like you are almost angry for something you should be pissed at him for.
undecided

grin havert10 can annoy atimes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
I'm sure we sat among the top four PL sides for chances created, big chances created and shots on goal last season, so creativity was never our problem rather finishing.

I am a very big fan of Kane but I'll board the Haaland's train this time around.

I don't care if the lad is an unproven commodity, all I care about is the number of chances we created last season that went begging and how Haaland's shot and big chance conversion rates suggests he would have buried those chances if he was here. Of his 40 Bundesliga goals, 39 have come from inside the box while 37 of them have been from open play, and this was where we fell so short, we were ranked ninth for open-play goals in 2020/21.

We better deal with the fear of the unknown, and smash the bank for this prodigy. We have a young squad that are Champions of Europe, there's no other ideal way to build on that than adding a 20-year-old beast of a No9 to lead the line next season.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ibime:

is it just Chelsea? you aren't taking into account the emergence of psg, the reemergence of Juventus or Atletico Madrid's growth or Barcelona dominance that period, or Bayern becoming the force that it is today

Football at the top has gotten more competitive than ever before, you can't go into a game and expect to win, teams have better players and managers, they will battle it out with you

Bolded dey make me laugh, after we won it 2010, United were victorious twice without Ronaldo. I no even understand your bearings self, Chelsea didn't win the title because of 1 man and you call that team legendary

City came and blew everybody out of the way and the league has become more competitive, top 4 more difficult and things are exciting, you are campaigning because you want chelsea to dominate and get to semifinals regularly and mount is the man to do it cheesy

That Chelsea team back then will get smoked today, I no hide mouth talk am

Chelsea were dominant then but whenever they met top teams they got eliminated cheesy dominance indeed, they had to park bus to shamelessly win champions league

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:

Bolded dey make me laugh, after we won it 2010, United were victorious twice without Ronaldo. I no even understand your bearings self, Chelsea didn't win the title because of 1 man and you call that team legendary

Shows you know nothing about Chelsea. That era ended in 2010 with the exit of Ballack, Makelele and Essien injury problems

That was when the ninnies started taking over to what we have today. 2012 UCL was last dying embers of the last ones left.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2021
BlueAngel444:

Why does this sound like you are almost angry for something you should be pissed at him for.
undecided

grin havert10 can annoy atimes
he doesn't have a case, ignoring externalities, hyping the past as if they were great back then cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ibime:

Shows you know nothing about Chelsea. That era ended in 2010 with the exit of Ballack, Makelele and Essien injury problems

That was when the ninnies started taking over to what we have today. 2012 UCL was last dying embers of the last ones left.
they always got smoked when they met top oppositions

They could only win by playing negative football

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ibime:

You are right. I didnt even remember kante but Azpilicueta came to my mind together with Thiago Silva . This new Rudiger will actually sit on the bench sha. Only those who started watching us today will have something different to say .

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:
is it just Chelsea? you aren't taking into account the emergence of psg, the reemergence of Juventus or Atletico Madrid's growth or Barcelona dominance that period, or Bayern becoming the force that it is today

Football at the top has gotten more competitive than ever before, you can't go into a game and expect to win, teams have better players and managers, they will battle it out with you

City came and blew everybody out of the way and the league has become more competitive, top 4 more difficult and things are exciting, you are campaigning because you want chelsea to dominate and get to semifinals regularly and mount is the man to do it cheesy

Chelsea were dominant then but whenever they met top teams they got eliminated cheesy dominance indeed, they had to park bus to shameless win champions league

WTF !!!
Tell me you are joking? grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:

Chelsea were dominant then but whenever they met top teams they got eliminated cheesy dominance indeed, they had to park bus to shameless win champions league

Aside the Barcelona game at the nou camp were we had to play most part of the game with a man down,tell me any other game in which we parked the bus ?pls dont make the mistake of calling the finals .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2021
popizaino:

Aside the Barcelona game at the nou camp were we had to play most part of the game with a man down,tell me any other game in which we parked the bus ?pls dont make the mistake of calling the finals .
Aside Barcelona and Bayern, which other top teams did Chelsea meet?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2021
popizaino:

WTF !!!
Tell me you are joking? grin grin grin

most teams back then were mediocre, you could easily breeze through the round of 16 and quarter finals

Now there are many top teams and most teams provide more competition

Look at the teams that removed Chelsea prior to 2012

Look at the teams that removed Chelsea post 2012

Top teams but the difference is you will meet them in R16 compared to before that they were few or only appeared in semi finals or finals, the competition has gotten more competitive

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dilwaly: 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hello Buddy!!!!
I am new here, and I love to play video games, Especially sometimes I saw a Gameplays Videos on YouTube as well. I found a website recently who sell Games' Characters Outwears but I don't know what will the quality I receive if I buy from it. So if anybody already purchased from it let me know about the website's link is https://www.leatherjacketblack.com/product/lydia-berman-thunder-force-green-cotton-jacket/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
popizaino:

first leg, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TcPaZC_Rs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2021
popizaino:

You are right. I didnt even remember kante but Azpilicueta came to my mind together with Thiago Silva . This new Rudiger will actually sit on the bench sha. Only those who started watching us today will have something different to say .

Kante will actually be swapping with Essien
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:
they always got smoked when they met top oppositions

They could only win by playing negative football

When did they get smoked? JJC

That team never played Europa League or failed to qualify for Europe like this era has done three times
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:
first leg, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TcPaZC_Rs

You only started watching Chelsea in 2012. JJC.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10
Do u know him?
grin grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:
most teams back then were mediocre, you could easily breeze through the round of 16 and quarter finals

Top teams but the difference is you will meet them in R16 compared to before that they were few or only appeared in semi finals or finals, the competition has gotten more competitive

You know Sabi anything. That era team used to dump out Bayern and Barca on the way to the semi . This era get disgraced when they meet any big team, and 3 times they could not even make UCL. That weak Barca team that disgraced us in 2018 UCL would have collected a big stonking from 2000 era Chelsea, likewise PSG of 2014/15 era

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hakimi has agreed personal arrangements with Chelsea. This is what person supposed they talk about
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2021
donstan18:

Aside Barcelona and Bayern, which other top teams did Chelsea meet?

For me, we didnt meet any other big team aside the ones you mentioned but others might argue and include Napoli,Benefica, Valencia but for me they are not .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Hakimi has agreed personal arrangements with Chelsea. This is what person supposed they talk about
some people are mad at tuchel on Twitter, they said that he is betraying james cheesy

Appointing Lampard was a bad decision, sentimental
people will force any academy player on the team

That dream that Lampard gave them cheesy that Barca dream

Youth players and former player as manager has affected the reasoning of some people, after james is relegated to the bench by hakimi, mount will be the next casualty grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
popizaino:

For me, we didnt meet any other big team aside the ones you mentioned but others might argue and include Napoli,Benefica, Valencia but for me they are not .
Reason we had to play negative football against Bayern and Barcelona.

I was just trying to agree with Harvertz100 that we played negative football against top teams in Ucl12 to win it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:
some people are mad at tuchel on Twitter, they said that he is betraying james cheesy

Appointing Lampard was a bad decision, sentimental
people will force any academy player on the team

That dream that Lampard gave them cheesy that Barca dream

Youth players and former player as manager has affected the reasoning of some people, after james is relegated to the bench by hakimi, mount will be the next casualty grin
Hakimi can’t relegated James. He might even come and end up not doing well, you people are too quick to hope on new players forgetting that we were victims of fraudulent transfer last season, Harvertz as an example.

James has played RCB this season, Azip is getting older, there are possibilities that he’ll replace Azip there. Reece is a good player, has been influential than Harvertz and Hakim Ziyech since their arrival to the club.

Same way ManU signed Telles and everyone thought it was over for Shaw because he’s a British player, wetin happen??

Come bench James make I see.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ibime:

You know Sabi anything. That era team used to dump out Bayern and Barca on the way to the semi . This era get disgraced when they meet any big team, and 3 times they could not even make UCL. That weak Barca team that disgraced us in 2018 UCL would have collected a big stonking from 2000 era Chelsea, likewise PSG of 2014/15 era
asides porto, how many small teams made it to the final or semi final back then?

2000 era Chelsea were mediocre, they mostly won by single goals and depended on the defense to see out games, that isn't exactly dominance

Everytime they met quality opposition, they parked the bus and played like a small team

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
donstan18:

Hakimi can’t relegated James. He might even come and end up not doing well, you people are too quick to hope on new players forgetting that we were victims of fraudulent transfer last season, Harvertz as an example.

James has played RCB this season, Azip is getting older, there are possibilities that he’ll replace Azip there. Reece is a good player, has been influential than Harvertz and Hakim Ziyech since their arrival to the club.

Same way ManU signed Telles and everyone thought it was over for Shaw because he’s a British player, wetin happen??

Come bench James make I see.
based on your logic only academy players are good, all transfers bring flops, maybe they should even cancel transfer windows entirely cheesy

I wonder why Chelsea didn't follow your guidance and maintain the same team that got smoked 7-1 by Bayern

Hakimi is the best rwb in the world, james is an irrelevant dunce compared to him, they aren't comparable on any level, stats and otherwise

If he is acquired, James should pack his bags
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:

If you really watched football back then,you wouldn't need me to tell you those teams that knocked us out prior to 2012 will actually have decimated the teams that removed us post 2012 even in a more convincing manner and that none of those teams that removed us post 2012 would have removed us prior to 2012.

I can't argue if there were more mediocre teams back then but what I know is that the football then was more quality and none of this present UCL finalist would have stood a chance back then and it's the reason I once argued with raumdeuter that just because france are current world champions doesn't mean they could stand the same france who didn't win in 2006 .

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
Havertz10:
based on your logic only academy players are good, all transfers bring flops, maybe they should even cancel transfer windows entirely cheesy

I wonder why Chelsea didn't follow your guidance and maintain the same team that got smoked 7-1 by Bayern

Hakimi is the best rwb in the world, james is an irrelevant dunce compared to him, there aren't comparable on any level, stats and otherwise

If he is acquired, James should pack his bags
Logic?

How about giving your academy the same time you give these frauds in Chelsea? cheesy

Hakimi can never be the rwb in the world.Never!!

Person never perform for Chelsea, una don dey hype am, if he flops now, you’ll start ranting for time that you don’t rant for British players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
popizaino:

If you really watched football back then,you wouldn't need me to tell you those teams that knocked us out prior to 2012 will actually have decimated the teams that removed us post 2012 even in a more convincing manner and that none of those teams that removed us post 2012 would have removed us prior to 2012.

I can't argue if there were more mediocre teams back then but what I know is that the football then was more quality and none of this present UCL finalist would have stood a chance back then and it's the reason I once argued with raumdeuter that just because france are current world champions doesn't mean they could stand the same france who didn't win in 2006 .

which metric did you use to arrive at that conclusion?

Ac Milan will beat last season Bayern cheesy

liverpool that will beat prime Barca

Footballers had mystic then and were mostly overrated, pele for instance is so overrated, it's irritating, I will go and find a reasonable way to measure the competitive nature of the champions league over the years and share, cause these arguments are absurd.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Top' 10 players in big chances missed (per SofaScore)

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) - 33
2. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) - 26
3. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) - 24
4. Timo Werner (Chelsea) - 23
5. Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan) - 22
5. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) - 22
5. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) - 22
8. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) - 19
9. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) - 17
10. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) - 16

We want to replace Werner with Lukaku, Kane or Haaland shocked grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11601) (11602) (11603) (11604) (11605) (11606) (11607) ... (19318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, Sulele04(m), Vischy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.