Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10685399 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11612) (11613) (11614) (11615) (11616) (11617) (11618) ... (19347) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

If I had done research, I wouldn’t have made mistake, i typed that based on all I could remember watching.

You don use Wikipedia now, come dey form ancient of days. cheesy

You came here and made statements that you knew nothing about. I watched the 2003 match so i know what am talking about. Any good football fan of the 2000s knows that Milan won Juve in 2003 nd who doesn't know about the 2005 nd 2007 finals against Liverpool.
So in your head you couldn't remember any team winning the Ucl twice. Even Barca who won 2006 nd also beat your darling Chelsea in one of the most controversial matches of Ucl in the Semis.2009

You even sound more foolish now

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
DumaEmpire:
You came here and made statements that you knew nothing about. I watched the 2003 match so i know what am talking about. Any good football fan of the 2000s knows that Milan won Juve in 2003 nd who doesn't know about the 2005 nd 2007 finals against Liverpool.
So in your head you couldn't remember any team winning the Ucl twice. Even Barca who won 2006 nd also beat your darling Chelsea in one of the most controversial matches of Ucl in the Semis.2009

You even sound more foolish now
So you mean you can list and comfortably detail all the semis you’ve watched? cheesy

Nawao! Your brain Na computer oo grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

Do you know that aside Madrid, no team won Ucl twice from 2000 to 2010? cheesy

Let’s talk about from 2011 Ucl winners till now.
Ac won it twice actually.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

So you mean you can list and comfortably detail all the semis you’ve watched? cheesy

Even a dullard knows Barca won Ucl twice during the 2000-2010
No dey deceive yourself. You don't know shit. Nd you didn't watch those matches

So next time no dey shook your mouth for talk wer you no know.

How person go wake up just type anything post.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
If Tuchel handle Jorginho in 3 years, he’ll be rated alongside with elite defensive ball playing midfielders.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
DumaEmpire:

I dey form cruise, you dey form savage, if I return the energy, here no go contain us. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:
isnt it obvious

Back then it was mainly Milan, Chelsea, united, liverpool, barca, and Madrid 6 teams

Now you have City, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Chelsea, liverpool, Madrid, barca, Atletico Madrid 9 teams

And I haven't added the underdogs
Juve, Porto, Inter, valencia. Are the above basketball teams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
pamcode:
Ac won it twice actually.
Leave that guy. He just posts anything he likes or follows the waves.
Someone who can make a blunder like this definitely knows little or nothing about that era of football. Its just like someone coming to talk about what happened during the 1967 civil war when he was born in 1980. But claiming to have witness the war.
No be foolishness be that??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

I dey form cruise, you dey form savage, if I return the energy, here no go contain us. grin
Next tme no type wetin u no know
e hear grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
DumaEmpire:

lol e never reach like this now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
DumaEmpire:
Leave that guy. He just posts anything he likes or follows the waves.
Someone who can make a blunder like this definitely knows little or nothing about that era of football. Its just like someone coming to talk about whay happened during the 1967 civil war when he was born in 1980. But claiming to have witness the war.
No be foolishness be that??
lol. Just leave my guy jare. He forgets this is the internet. Before you drop anything on this streets as fact better cross-check before you make a fool of yourdelf.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

I can do easily

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2021
DumaEmpire:
Did they reach the Semis in 2010?? Or did you mean 2018 Worldcup. Which is totally incorrect. France were a force in the 2018 and had talents all round. This Italy team is nowhere near that

Sorry, 2006 World cup.
They drew 2 and won against Togo.
The autocorrect for my phone dey misbehave.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
One thing about this Euros I watched the first 60mins and the refereeing was refreshingly different especially regarding penalty claims and VAR use

Hope they continue

Go Deutschland

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

I can do easily
If you’ve watched Ucl semis for over 20 years, you can list every details of the matches??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2021
Beautiful display from Mancini’s men, I must say.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

If you’ve watched Ucl semis for over 20 years, you can list every details of the matches??

Important details not the number of throwin and corners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
BikeMan:
Beautiful display from Mancini’s men, I must say.

Last Euros under Conte, if I can remember correctly. They started like this, even beating Belgium in the group, eliminating Spain and ended up badly after facing Germany, the worst country penalty shootout I’ve watched.

They’ve started again. I wish they’ll go far, thou I didn’t watch the game to know how well they performed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
Jorginho is a midfield boss, I know say na turkey but that's how you show you are above the average.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

Important details not the number of throwin and corners
I can’t. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Sorry, 2006 World cup.
They drew 2 and won against Togo.
The autocorrect for my phone dey misbehave.
They had standout individual talents. Zidane, Henry, Makelele etc. That squad tight die.
This Italy team are nowhere close. If they meet a strong team they go lose. But that's just my personal opinion. They fit prove me wrong
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
After losing out on Havertz to Chelsea, Bayern are looking to let Lewandoski join Chelsea so as to get Haaland next season or the season after. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Italy have conceded just 2 goals in Jorginho's last 10 games.

- 8 clean sheets
- 8 wins
- 27 goals scored
- 2 goals conceded

Jorginho vs Turkey:

92 touches
76 completed passes (93.8%)
3 key passes
2/2 successful dribbles
5/6 ground duels won
3 tackles
4 interceptions
6 recoveries

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
Can someone tell me why Belloti is being benched?

Raumdeuter??

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
swiz123:
Can someone tell me why Belloti is being benched?

He is still relapsing from the 30 day injury he had in 2017 when Diego Costa used to strike for Chelsea. Na so airmark tell lordfalcao

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:42pm On Jun 11, 2021
BlueAngel444:
After losing out on Havertz to Chelsea, Bayern are looking to let Lewandoski join Chelsea so as to get Haaland next season or the season after. cheesy

If it's 150m we should pay for Haaland and let Bayern enter bush with their Lewandowski.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:05am On Jun 12, 2021
donstan18:
If Tuchel handle Jorginho in 3 years, he’ll be rated alongside with elite defensive ball playing midfielders.

Is he a child? He is 29. Someone that has been in England 3 years and won't make PFA 5th team in any of those years

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:08am On Jun 12, 2021
donstan18:

Some of us can. We can even tell you formations in those matches. I can even tell you player transfer prices going back to 1998 off-head.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:15am On Jun 12, 2021
Ibime:

Is he a child? He is 29. Someone that has been in England 3 years and won't make PFA 5th team in any of those years
grin cheesy grin grin grin

When will you ever say something good about Jorg? Calm down grin

Jorginho is an intelligent ball playing Dm, might not be the kind of Epl in vogue combat dm we value, but he’s not a bad player.

Sarri, Tuchel and Pep are the kind of managers that can manage him well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:19am On Jun 12, 2021
Havertz10:
let's roll back this argument

He said that Chelsea team of the 2000s were a dominant force

My argument is

The league wasn't competitive back then, any team with good players will look like a force of nature, compared to today, it takes alot to get champions league qualification, can we really call that team dominant, liverpool back then played well in the chaimpons league because it only got competitive in the later stages, they were able to dominate it then but when European teams woke up to football money, they couldn't make headway anymore

Premier appeals to viewers because of the match day uncertainty, anybody can beat anybody, you would want to watch a game knowing that it's possible that an upset could occur compared to a game that the big team will win always, it's what makes the premier league special and they maintain that level of uncertainty by making sure that the tv rights money is shared equally, so all teams can get good players

prior to 2010s you would hear records like this club hasn't won here in 30years, that has changed

it's more competitive now compared to before, the better big teams get, the more smaller teams grow and become more competitive

Another way to look at it, teams have been breaking transfer records in England

English premier league teams spend more than all the other leagues on transfers, player wages, manager salaries

The value of teams is england grow faster than any other league, nearly every country in the world has a player in england, compared to other leagues the participation of foreigners in England is higher in comparison to anywhere else

Premier league brands itself as being the most competitive league in the world and the numbers don't lie, to win in England requires something special, you can't sleep your way to the title like the 2000s

You see that ibi.me's post,pls go back read it again. I believe he said everything in that particular post .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2021
Ibime:

Some of us can. We can even tell you formations in those matches. I can even tell you player transfer prices going back to 1998 off-head.
I can’t even tell you the exact amount of the last 5 signings Chelsea did, neither can I be able to remember our Ucl winning formation in 2012, a match that is suppose to be memorable.

Some of us just watch match, take note of the scoreline, scorers, dramas and move on. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:30am On Jun 12, 2021
donstan18:

grin cheesy grin grin grin

When will you ever say something good about Jorg? Calm down grin

Jorginho is an intelligent ball playing Dm, might not be the kind of Epl in vogue combat dm we value, but he’s not a bad player.

Sarri, Tuchel and Pep are the kind of managers that can manage him well.

Sarri has already managed him in England and I don't think he would make the top 10 PFA team of the season the year Sarri managed him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11612) (11613) (11614) (11615) (11616) (11617) (11618) ... (19347) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.