Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10627656 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11615) (11616) (11617) (11618) (11619) (11620) (11621) ... (19272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
Feels like he is going to make it out.. Definitely has the look of a heart related issue..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nateevs2: 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
afrodoc2:

Definite cardiac arrest. They shocked his heart on the pitch and they were doing CPR.

Doc, what does it look like at the time it happens? He was lifeless from the exact time he dropped to the floor.

I saw them trying to shock his heart.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
Amoto94:

His assists won us league titles twice, if we had rebuild properly instead of buying them Djilobodi, Baba Rahman, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, and Morata his defencies would've been masked. At Monaco that team is a shadow of their former self and you don't expect an ageing Fabregas without legs and bones to help them out. He is one of the best when it comes to finding players in space it is now left for a coach to build around his strength

He was a substitute in Contes title winning season. Keep your propaganda. He was brought on in final few minutes for most matches. In Mourinhos final season, he was a starter and part of the most porous midfield Chelsea has ever seen, as we finished 10th and were raped in midfield every game, conceding goals like water. Spurs exposed him in January 2015 of our title winning season after which Mourinho had to play Zouma in midfield for the tough games and see out the season with 1-0 victories as Fabregas became a targeted man for opposition to run through his side of midfield and score. No propaganda can change that.

Monaco tried to build on his strengths and were fighting relegation. They benched him for some Malian niggas and qualified for UCL. Go and celebrate his assists on Monaco bench, e no consign me.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
Cesc Fabregas a 33yrs old central midfielder and a father of five beautiful children should be running around the pitch and be throwing senseless tackles here and there before calling him a proper midfielder. Well if those midfielders who you have been clamouring for as proper midfielders have Fabregas's achievements both individually and collectively then maybe we might actually believe you on your matter concerning Fabregas.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
afrodoc2:

Definite cardiac arrest. They shocked his heart on the pitch and they were doing CPR.

Would the onset of cardiac arrest be that sudden?

I thought the victim would expect to feel unwell prior to a heart attack
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bombblacks: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
Roland17:
Football/ Sports in general no easy at all. Everyday these guys enter their respective grounds, they are putting their lives at risk..
Please stop it. Construction workers, Military personals etc are people who put their lives on the line not footballers earnings millions weekly for kicking a ball around.

16 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nateevs2:

I think it's worse than both.

I hope not.

His poor wife.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
Amoto94:

His assists won us league titles twice, if we had rebuild properly instead of buying them Djilobodi, Baba Rahman, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, and Morata his defencies would've been masked. At Monaco that team is a shadow of their former self and you don't expect an ageing Fabregas without legs and bones to help them out. He is one of the best when it comes to finding players in space it is now left for a coach to build around his strength

Simple .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bombblacks: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2021
heart attack you'd have incredible chest pain before, you'd know about it; its like a rhino sitting on you.

Cardiac arrest is just sudden, youd drop to the ground out of nowhere. They are very different
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nateevs2:

Doc, what does it look like at the time it happens? He was lifeless from the exact time he dropped to the floor.

I saw them trying to shock his heart.

Yeah, it is a situation i have witnessed hundreds of times unfortunately. I saw his legs convulse once meaning they did actually shock his body. And one of the guys was doing CPR. I pray he makes it. He is an athlete meaning his reserves are good and he got the required assistance in minutes so hopefully he pulls through.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2021
It is only one who is foolish that will not pity footballers/coaches whenever they are not performing citing the wages they're being paid without thinking about their psychological wellbeing because money isn't the end all be all for them.
Even the area football that I participated in for several years as a coach I nearly died when one certain time when my team loses on qualification in the final group game despite topping the group up till that day with 6points, for weeks I was moody and avoided training because I couldn't believe my eyes.
Football is not easy and the players/coaches are human beings first and foremost.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nateevs2: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
nihilistjnr:

The exact question I was just asking Doc. It seemed too sudden from the outset.

I had to rewind a couple minutes back to see if he showed any signs before that moment. He looked perfectly fine.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
Bombblacks:

Please stop it. Construction workers, Military personals etc are people who put their lives on the like not footballers earnings millions weekly for kicking a ball around.

Baba No be fight na..
Earning millions to kick the ball around does not reduce your tendency to suffer a heart attack, if anything, it increases the chances because you are engaging your heart at a higher rate. No one is diminishing the relevance of those professions listed above.. Everything na risk..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Usually sudden but one might feel ill for a few seconds or minutes prior. Eriksen was on the screen after the run and just before he fell down, and he looked a bit worried. You can rewind it and check. Most likely at that point his heartbeat was all over the place. I pray for him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nateevs2:

I had to rewind a couple minutes back to see if he showed any signs before that moment. He looked perfectly fine.

After that run they showed his face briefly. He looked a bit concerned. But the warning signs for arrhythmia or arrest are usually a few seconds or a few minutes if you are lucky.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nateevs2:

No.. look closer, he looked distressed before he collapsed.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2021
chic2pimp:
Oh good gawd not Erikssen.
Not even, not Eriksen. Nobody deserves to pass through that. Imagine how the family will be feeling.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2021
The real MVP should be the number 8 for Finland (Lod), he recognized something unusual and immediately signaled, also, the referee for being close to the action and his team mates and whoever started the chest compressions immediately! He would have been dead if interventions were not immediate..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
Amoto94:

You have too much sense.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nateevs2: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
Roland17:

No.. look closer, he looked distressed before he collapsed.

Oh yes he did undoubtedly. I was talking about 1-2 mins before that moment. My limited awareness of these things was making me expect some kind of visible distress, at least about a min before it happens. I wasn't expecting it in seconds.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Hear attack. You heart's tissues are starved of blood (and hence oxygen) usually because of progressively worsening blockage of the arteries carrying blood to them. Most people would have had subtle and not so subtle warning signs for weeks, months, and in some cases years.

Cardiac arrest/cardiac arrhythmia you heart suddenly starts beating haywire or it stops because of default in the electrical wiring controlling the heart's activity.

They are different and yes in most cases arrhythmia/arrest is the more deadly one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bombblacks: 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2021
Amoto94:
It is only one who is foolish that will not pity footballers/coaches whenever they are not performing citing the wages they're being paid without thinking about their psychological wellbeing because money isn't the end all be all for them.
Even the area football that I participated in for several years as a coach I nearly died when one certain time when my team loses on qualification in the final group game despite topping the group up till that day with 6points, for weeks I was moody and avoided training because I couldn't believe my eyes.
Football is not easy and the players/coaches are human beings first and foremost.
Baba Football is one of the easiest and simplest Job in the world. Stop being emotional because Erikson collapsed. They get paid millions for kicking a ball around while others just stand in Goalpost and get paid millions. Stop capping

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2021
Roland17:
The real MVP should be his team mates and whoever started the chest compressions immediately! He would have been dead if interventions were not immediate..

Loved the way their skipper sprinted there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2021
Roland17:
The real MVP should be his team mates and whoever started the chest compressions immediately! He would have been dead if interventions were not immediate..
One of the things to do when somebody collapses is to bite his toe hard repeatedly, the person will regain consciousness if he hasn't passed out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
I think he's stable
Alhamdulillah

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2021
Almajirihunter:

Loved the way their skipper sprinted there

The Finnish number 8 (Lod) was the first to see it and reacted by raising alarm.. The referee was also around the action and God whoever started the chest compressions…
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2021
Bombblacks:

Baba Football is one of the easiest and simplest Job in the world. Stop being emotional because Erikson collapsed. They get paid millions for kicking a ball around while others just stand in Goalpost and get paid millions. Stop capping
It is not the easiest because it involves straining your physical and mental body through repeated drills, and the expectation from spectators, coaches, teammates, media, and family add to the pressure.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2021
Bombblacks:

It’s not the easiest, but have to agree the pay outweighs the required stress

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
Roland17:
The real MVP should be the number 8 for Finland (Lod), he recognized something unusual and immediately signaled, also, the referee for being close to the action and his team mates and whoever started the chest compressions immediately! He would have been dead if interventions were not immediate..

That Finnish dude was indeed the real mvp. Debt of gratitude owed to Him. Thank Goodness it's more Fabrice Muamba and not Marc Vivian Foe.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nateevs2:

Oh yes he did undoubtedly. I was talking about 1-2 mins before that moment. My limited awareness of these things was making me expect some kind of visible distress, at least about a min before it happens. I wasn't expecting it in seconds.

The signs had to be there minutes before. He looked flushed, more than usual. He was probably thinking it’s almost half time, I can push it and talk about it during half time. Remember it was the 43rd minute of the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bombblacks: 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
Amoto94:

It is not the easiest because it involves straining your physical and mental body through repeated drills, and the expectation from spectators, coaches, teammates, media, and family add to the pressure.
It's a job everyone will gladly take. Nobody will refuse being a professional football when given the opportunity. People you should pity and care about that puts their lives on the line everyday.

1) Widelife Experts
2) Marine biologist
3 )Construction workers
4) Astronauts etc

Not Messi or Ronaldo who earns those people yearly wages on weekly bases for kicking a ball around for 90mins. Hell they could even be injured for 6months and still get paid weekly.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2021
Roland17:

The Finnish number 8 (Lod) was the first to see it and reacted by raising alarm.. The referee was also around the action and God whoever started the chest compressions…

Past experiences have raised awareness with everybody. Players, officials, organizers, and medical personnel are now more prepared and crucially, quicker to see the signs and respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11615) (11616) (11617) (11618) (11619) (11620) (11621) ... (19272) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordfalcao(m), Santos07, jpmoriarti(m), izzou(m), hensben(m), BlueRayDick, lateefGRDT(m), hatakekakashi and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.