Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10625066 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12069) (12070) (12071) (12072) (12073) (12074) (12075) ... (19270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
I have never seen any atheist bring up anything related to Islam to discuss here. It's always the peaceful religion Christianity they want to attack.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
Black people are pathetic.

Tomorrow you will start crying of racism.

I'm beginning to believe that the black people are cursed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2021
Capaldi:
I have never seen any atheist bring up anything related to Islam to discuss here. It's always the peaceful religion Christianity they want to attack.

You clearly have not seen my arguments. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
Please let us all remain civil in our conversations.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
donjazet:

You clearly have not seen my arguments. cheesy cheesy
You have never brought anything here concerning Islam to be discussed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
Capaldi:
This ain't true I've argued with Donjazet on this thread severally and Tjay too that we exchanged harsh words. The reason why some of the atheists criticise Christianity is due to their Christian background and if you pay close attention to their arguments you will find it to be true albeit exaggerated.
Some of the things they are complaining about is what brought about the Reformation by Martin Luther King and Thomas Aquinas.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
raumdeuter:

So Igbohos jazz is only for Nigerian soil when he crosses Nigerian border, they have to get visa for his jazz

But Shouldnt the jazz be covered under ECOWAS no visa policy?
E. B. THINGS
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
User09:

Shouda been done before. No trickster leaves his stuff behind

They didn't enter my house na... I wrote it inside not outside
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
Capaldi:

In recent years, the most visible critics of Christianity are Christians themselves. I'm a Christian but I criticize many Christian doctrines and beliefs. Like the talking snake and the existence of a physical Garden of Eden. The most vocal critics of the Church have always identified as Christians. It's always been so throughout history. Galileo, Martin Luther and the likes. Check social media.

The most vocal critic of church doctrines in Nigeria in recent years is Daddy Freeze and he identifies as Christian.

Atheists attack religious beliefs in general but focus on Christianity because most of them were from that background and those who engage atheists on negation of religious beliefs are mostly Christians.

Nobody is after you.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
Trevor012:

No man forces anyone to join his campaign for anything. If you believe what he is fighting or agitating for is just and correct then nothing should stop you from joining unless you are a coward. Only cowards make up excuses
Me Coward? Who is Coward between me and him, my pastor used to say " consider your landing before you jump"
You should tell me which agitator in this nation that FG did not go against by arresting them, Sowore did not run he stayed to protect his stand and belief, that is an example who is not a coward, if he isn't a coward why is he running away from the land he promises to possess for his ppl?

I'm not a coward and I always consider my landing before I jump.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. Thomas Aquinas

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amoto94:
To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. Thomas Aquinas
Hmmm, Quotes of the day

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Stanley22omeke: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
Great
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amoto94:

This ain't true I've argued with Donjazet on this thread severally and Tjay too that we exchanged harsh words. The reason why some of the atheists criticise Christianity is due to their Christian background and if you pay close attention to their arguments you will find it to be true albeit exaggerated.
Some of the things they are complaining about is what brought about the Reformation by Martin Luther King and Thomas Aquinas.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
Ladies and gentlemen I welcome you the greatest player for the biggest occasions in the person of Didier Drogba.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
raumdeuter:

Boateng was marking Drogba before Lampard set up a defensive pick for him. It's a tactic common where another player blocks the path of the marker and allows one player to get free

It was the same thing Muller did for Alba to allow Robben to score vs Barcelona in 2013 semis

That thing Muller did was a clear foul. The most stupid decision a ref has ever taken in decades

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amoto94:
that one is fond of using riddles to answer arguments

Wasnt he the one that said if I can think of the most perfect human being, with powers, that is all good and it's possible for that human being to exist then god is real cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Daddy freeze is a scam, I always knew, he is very selective with his woke christianity, that apostle sulieman's issue and hushpuppi in particular has ruined his brand, he is a few scandals away from speeddarlinton level of fame, he had a good thing, he could have helped so many people arrive at self realization, there is a growing level of resentment towards pastors and religion in Nigeria

Check any social media page, I don't know if that is enough indication but people are speaking out, Nigerian form of christianity will either fade in juju level of acceptability in the future or someone autocratic will use it as a reason to enforce beliefs in religions again, more religious schools, scholarships but religion is going to eventually die a natural death, there is no possible escape route, they are fighting a battle that they have already lost with time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
swiz123:

That thing Muller did was a clear foul. The most stupid decision a ref has ever taken in decades
Its subtle some refs will blow it I think the ref should have blown it also. But many people get away with it especially at corners

If you noticed, in 2012 whle Boateng was chasing Drogba, Lampard set the pick for him and gave Drogba a free header same thing with Muller doing the pick on Alba giving Robben a free shot
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
DissTroy:

All of things in the bible are transliterated, not translated.

Even the same bible says a day before God is like a thousand years with man yet many Christians still parrot the 7-day creation theory as literally 7 days when the original language for day they transliterated from meant "long period of time".

If you call them out, they label you an atheist or heretic or agent of darkness or something vile.
I don't really know where you get this from sha.

If really all the words are transliterated like you opined, then we really don't need to believe in the bible then cos what we'll be reading won't be the actual meaning of what it's being written.

Okay, I want to learn from you if you don't mind, what does the serpent represent? Also who does Adam and Eve represent too?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
hensben:
Ive seen someone ate razor blade in my present when I visited Nigeria. He chow like 3 or 2 blades that day and downloaded it them with water. Bro jazz exist. If you believe good and bad exist why doubt jazz existence.
The way some doubted the existence of God but they believe devil exist, isn't that foolishness?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amoto94:

Can you show me anywhere they brought Islam here to be discussed? I am not talking about discussing religion in general then deviate to Islam.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
Some Bible scholars argued that there are some philosophical sayings that find their way into the Bible due to the influence of Greek Philosophers in Byzantine Empire.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
Capaldi:

Can you show me anywhere they brought Islam here to be discussed? I am not talking about discussing religion in general then deviate to Islam.
Donjazet and Tjay abeg come and dig some posts because I don't know how to dig.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
MorataFC:
Me Coward? Who is Coward between me and him, my pastor used to say " consider your landing before you jump"
You should tell me which agitator in this nation that FG did not go against by arresting them, Sowore did not run he stayed to protect his stand and belief, that is an example who is not a coward, if he isn't a coward why is he running away from the land he promises to possess for his ppl?

I'm not a coward and I always consider my landing before I jump.
I was not calling you a coward bro cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
popizaino:
Ladies and gentlemen I welcome you the greatest player for the biggest occasions in the person of Didier Drogba.
It's a shame Drogba suddenly forgot he was the greatest player for the biggest occasion when playing for Cote d'Ivoire cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
raumdeuter:

Its subtle some refs will blow it I think the ref should have blown it also. But many people get away with it especially at corners

If you noticed, in 2012 whle Boateng was chasing Drogba, Lampard set the pick for him and gave Drogba a free header same thing with Muller doing the pick on Alba giving Robben a free shot

Lampard's one was very subtle... Almost not noticable. But Muller looked at Alba before blocking him. His immediate action resulted to Robben running past to shoot the ball. Even some Barca players stopped thinking the ref would definitely blow the whistle....

The ref and linesman saw it clearly yet chose to ignore it. Big robbery!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
Capaldi:

https://www.nairaland.com/920248/official-chelsea-fan-thread-champions/9548#92620411

Check this page, the previous page before that and see some of the criticism about Islam including the idea of killing people for insulting mohammed and other matters discussed in the past.

Most of those discussions were during the lockdown around april/may 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
BlueRayDick:

https://www.nairaland.com/920248/official-chelsea-fan-thread-champions/9548#92620411

Check this page, the previous page before that and see some of the criticism about Islam including the idea of killing people for insulting mohammed and other matters discussed in the past.

Most of those discussions were during the lockdown around april/may 2020
I checked and the initial discussion was about freedom of speech and football banter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Havertz10:
I was looking at tuchel's tactics last season, he experimented alot, especially with that front 3, tuchel didn't try one combination last season

Werner
Pulisic havertz

He tried every other combo but those 3 like that, I think it will work, Werner pace will drag the defenders, pulisic will have space to operate and havertz can feed his runs and also make late runs to finish those type of passes that pulisic likes to make, havertz plays well with pulisic and also werner

i'm beginning to like tuchel's 3421 formation, I can see it's benefits, if we got hakimi, play James next to silva and that backline can blend into a 4 or 3 in perfect symphony, odoi can do it but I don't think he likes that wingback role
Those 3 will work against average teams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Jodera:
I don't really know where you get this from sha.

If really all the words are transliterated like you opined, then we really don't need to believe in the bible then cos what we'll be reading won't be the actual meaning of what it's being written.

Okay, I want to learn from you if you don't mind, what does the serpent represent? Also who does Adam and Eve represent too?

"Jesus moved to Bethlehem". If you transliterate this statement, it still means the same thing.
"He kicked the bucket." If you transliterate this statement, it means something else. If you translate it, it means "he died".

Transliteration is a literal meaning. Translation is context dependent.
The supposed translators of the Bible from Aramaic to Hebrew to Greek and Latin to German and/or English lost a lot of context.
In Hebrew, the word for day could also mean week or a long period of time.

I'm Ibibio. The Ibibio word for "market day' and "market" is "Udua". The Ibibio word for "week" is also "Udua".

If I say, I'd be back in one "udua", if you transliterate it, you'd tell someone, "Disstroy would be back in one day" while what I actually meant if you translate it is, 'I'd be back in one week".

That's the problem with the bible you read. Most pastors don't even know the difference.

The Hebrew word for "day" means many things. including "a long period of time".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amoto94:
Some Bible scholars argued that there are some philosophical sayings that find their way into the Bible due to the influence of Greek Philosophers in Byzantine Empire.

Byzantine empire is a majorly Christian dominated empire.

For argument sake tho, give examples of those philosophical sayings that find their way into the Bible due to the influence of Greek Philosophers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12069) (12070) (12071) (12072) (12073) (12074) (12075) ... (19270) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, Ihebu4chelsea(m), forgiveness and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.