Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,375 members, 7,850,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10688647 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12196) (12197) (12198) (12199) (12200) (12201) (12202) ... (19350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by gustav25: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
timbros:
Seriously I don't buy this Messi 'crying'. Is this not the same Messi that wanted out just last season?

The tears na for the camera jare. How many tears drop from his eyes when he granted that interview last season when he wanted out?

No one gives a hoot what you buy or not , little one

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

This is because you cannot use the standard of the society 1000yrs ago to judge the society today, Same way in 1000yrs time, most of what we did today will be viewed as barbaric and insane to the generation then

What happened in the bible, Koran was simply a reflection of life in those times and you cannot live that way anymore

Most of our great grandfather probably married a woman under 18yrs today he would be a paedophile (In 200yrs time age of consent might even be 25yrs so everyone who slept with girls under 25 qualify to be paedophiles)

Most of our ancestors had slaves because slavery was acceptable in those times,

In some cultures you have to fight ill someone and bring his head to be the main man, In some places in Nigeria to qualify for a wife you have to be flogged. Imagine how that would be viewed in the future

We are not better people than those who lived that times, we only came later just like those who will come in 200yrs time will criticize almost everything we did and thought was normal today
I understand you perfectly. As time progresses, as one age ends and a new one begins, what humans see as right and wrong changes and continues to change.

In spite of this, there were still some people that criticized things like colonialism, looting of colonies' resources, slavery, slave-trading, child marriage in the olden days.

Whether it's modern or primitive times, some things would always be wrong on this planet, while others may be seen as wrong hundreds of years ago but may now be considered right.

It would always be wrong to invade a land, colonize the owners and take over their land, loot their resources, and kill the aborigines.

Do you think the aborigines in the land now called the US or those in Australia saw their British colonial masters as good people?

You know the native Indians of America and the Maori people of Australia (New Zealand specifically) were blacks. Till today, the descendants of these people still suffer from the heinous crimes their colonial masters committed against their ancestors.

I read their magazines and books occasionally, and you can see they've still not forgiven the colonial masters.

Colonialism, slave-trade, pedophilia and the likes were considered evil by the victims of these vices in olden days, just as they're in modern times.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
izzou:

They are both old, and in their retirement phases...

Any club that signs both, stands to gain more than even what they will spend.

I won't be shocked if PSG signs him for a year after his contract at Juve

Sheikh money no dey finish oh.. Ask Pep

grin grin

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
timbros:
Seriously I don't buy this Messi 'crying'. Is this not the same Messi that wanted out just last season?

The tears na for the camera jare. How many tears drop from his eyes when he granted that interview last season when he wanted out?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
gustav25:

No one gives a hoot what you buy or not , little one

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
izzou:

I seriously am not bothered about Manchester United.

Ole go still bottle as usual.

I've never considered those ones as a threat. OGS would keep doing the needful, insha'Allah

grin

United are low-key strong o, they’re definitely title contenders
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
timbros:

That was under a different President who was a douchebag

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
Almajirihunter:

United are low-key strong o, they’re definitely title contenders

Not with McTominay and Fred in midfield!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
timbros:

I think say na only me, can't he play for them for free if he really love them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
swiz123:

Conte brought it on them. No reasonable team should sign that retardd. I called him out for what he did to Chelsea, his asslickerss here came for my head, saying that most of his signings at Chelsea weren't his option. He goes to Inter, same thing happens. I know better. Look at the kind of fringe players he brought to to Inter to steal a living. He has stretched Inter's wage bill to its limit and they most now let go off their best players as no one would want to sign Conte's boys.

I just wonder why his useless Seria A triumph didn't save Inter from this embarrassment

Stop talking rubbish. Na Coronavirus pandemic dey give you mouth. You don't see other clubs in Spain and Italy dashing out players to stay afloat? Inters whole wage bill for the year was £71m. For comparison, Roma's wage bill is £102m. Forget about Juventus who are competing with Madrid, Barca and City for wages.

Their owners had to shut down their Chinese team for lack of funds and Pirelli pulled their shirt sponsorship, plus Covid na wetin cause this wahala.

All these players above are sold at good profit so what are you complaining?

Below is Inters wage bill, no player earned more than £150k per week and most earned a pittance comparatively.

We have useless and youth players in Chelsea earning much more than their established stars like Brozovic, Skrnar, Barella, Martinez and co.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ibime:

Stop talking rubbish. Na Coronavirus pandemic dey give you mouth. You don't see other clubs in Spain and Italy dashing out players to stay afloat? Inters whole wage bill for the year was £71m. For comparison, Roma's wage bill is £102m. Forget about Juventus who are competing with Madrid, Barca and City for wages.

Their owners had to shut down their Chinese team for lack of funds and Pirelli pulled their shirt sponsorship, plus Covid na wetin cause this wahala.

Below is Inters wage bill, no player earned more than £150k per week and most earned a pittance comparatively.

We have useless and youth players in Chelsea earning much more than their established stars like Brozovic, Skrnar, Barella, Martinez and co.

Omo see low wages shocked

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
A001:

I understand you perfectly. As time progresses, as one age ends and a new one begins, what humans see as right and wrong changes and continues to change.

In spite of this, there were still some people that criticized things like colonialism, looting of colonies' resources, slavery, slave-trading, child marriage in the olden days.

Whether it's modern or primitive times, some things would always be wrong on this planet, while others may be seen as wrong hundreds of years ago but may now be considered right.

It would always be wrong to invade a land, colonize the owners and take over their land, loot their resources, and kill the aborigines.

Do you think the aborigines in the land now called the US or those in Australia saw their British colonial masters as good people?

You know the native Indians of America and the Maori people of Australia (New Zealand specifically) were blacks. Till today, the descendants of these people still suffer from the heinous crimes their colonial masters committed against their ancestors.

I read their magazines and books occasionally, and you can see they've still not forgiven the colonial masters.

Colonialism, slave-trade, pedophilia and the likes were considered evil by the victims of these vices in olden days, just as they're in modern times.

Just like there are some people who criticized those acts in those days, but never got their voice heard, There are people today who are criticizing eating meat, Paying of dowry, women as pageant etc In the next 300yrs these things might become law. In the future these acts might be seen as universally wrong
Should A001 who ate meat, paid dowry, watched or organized pageants in 2021 be held against or demonized by a law enacted in 2221 when you have already turned into bones and your children tagged as Animal hater, misogynist or women enslaver (or whatever term is used then) ?

Invading land, colonizing and killing original owners was how many civilizatons came to. If you trace your towns history you won't be surprised to find out that they probably migrated from somewhere far, fought and killed people on their way. Those days it was a survival of the fittest

Even in the Bible, the Israelites were ordered to conquer lands, kill people, rapee their women, Do you recall one King that did not kill everyone as commanded? What happened to him?

There are people who have paid house helps in Nigeria imported to Lagos from Togo, Calabar Benue etc in the next 200yrs they will be shamed to say my grandparents ever did it but today it's acceptable

Regarding slavery pedophilia and Colonialism, who made it bad? Is it not the law? Most victims of colonialism have also colonized some places in the past until a superior power colonized them. E.g Probably Benin colonized Auchi, 20yrs later England colonized Benin. You think Benin people who rejoiced at colonizing a smaller town will feel bad, even if they did will that feeling be valid?

Most girls who were married off before age 18 were happy, in those days if you are 20 and cannot get a husband you probably feel terrible and cry yourself to sleep. You will jump at the first 50yr old to ask you for marriage

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ibime:

Always quick to quote figures from your blog.

Inter's wage bill before Conte came was €82m. Their current wage bill stands at €149m. This shouldn't surprise you since Conte in his usual fit of madness added over 30 players to their squad.

Now, why aren't they selling Conte's boys except maybe Lukaku? Bottom line is, Conte led Inter into recession with his fringe players

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

Just like there are some people who criticized those acts in those days, but never got their voice heard, There are people today who are criticizing eating meat, Paying of dowry, women as pageant etc In the next 300yrs these things might become law. Should A001 who ate meat, paid dowry, watched or organized pageants in 2021 be held against or demonized by a law enacted in 2221 when you have already turned into bones and your children tagged as Animal hater, misogynist or women enslaver (or whatever term is used then) ?

Invading land, colonizing and killing original owners was how many civilizatons came to. If you trace your towns history you won't be surprised to find out that they probably migrated from somewhere far, fought and killed people on their way. Those days it was a survival of the fittest

Even in the Bible, the Israelites were ordered to conquer lands, kill people, rapee their women, Do you recall one King that did not kill everyone as commanded? What happened to him?

There are people who have paid house helps in Nigeria imported to Lagos from Togo, Calabar Benue etc in the next 200yrs they will be shamed to say my grandparents ever did it but today it's acceptable

Regarding slavery pedophilia and Colonialism, who made it bad? Is it not the law? Most victims of colonialism have also colonized some places in the past until a superior power colonized them. E.g Probably Benin colonized Auchi, 20yrs later England colonized Benin. You think Benin people who rejoiced at colonizing a smaller town will feel bad, even if they did will that feeling be valid?

Most girls who were married off before age 18 were happy, in those days if you are 20 and cannot get a husband you probably feel terrible and cry yourself to sleep. You will jump at the first 50yr old to ask you for marriage
Even in modern times, many people still see nothing wrong in those things you said were considered good before, which enlightenment has now made many people see them as barbaric.

A typical Muslim sees Muhammad as the "best of mankind", according to the Qur'an.

To such a person — and there are millions of them all over the world — Muhammad never did anything wrong by practicing child marriage, whether in the standards of modern or old times.

As regards colonialism, if the Old Benin kingdom had colonized other places in old times, does that make it right for the British to colonize them later on?

If GB looted the resources of their colonies in Nigeria in old times, does that make it right for perpetrators of cyber crimes ("yahoo-yahoo" ) to steal from hard-working Britons, who weren't alive when their ancestors invaded and looted various areas in pre-independent Nigeria?

Does that make colonialism, looting, "yahoo-yahoo" right, whether in old or modern times?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

Chelsea is the favourite for this seasons league title
nope

Fraudiola still favourite.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tottenham opened talks days ago for Lautaro Martinez offering €70m, also Atletico asked for Lautaro. He’s a real target for Spurs - Inter now say they’ve no intention to sell him this summer. #THFC

After selling Lukaku to Chelsea, Inter plan is to keep Lautaro Martinez.

— Fabrizio Romano
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

Just like there are some people who criticized those acts in those days, but never got their voice heard, There are people today who are criticizing eating meat, Paying of dowry, women as pageant etc In the next 300yrs these things might become law. In the future these acts might be seen as universally wrong
Should A001 who ate meat, paid dowry, watched or organized pageants in 2021 be held against or demonized by a law enacted in 2221 when you have already turned into bones and your children tagged as Animal hater, misogynist or women enslaver (or whatever term is used then) ?
If my children call me an animal eater in the future, they'd be right. In the future, humans may have devised better means for synthesizing meat and fish without the need to kill animals and fishes.

Even now, there are many people that sometimes take pity on a ram or cow about to be slaughtered and wish there was a better way.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
swiz123:

Always quick to quote figures from your blog.

Inter's wage bill before Conte came was €82m. Their current wage bill stands at €149m. This shouldn't surprise you since Conte in his usual fit of madness added over 30 players to their squad.

Now, why aren't they selling Conte's boys except maybe Lukaku? Bottom line is, Conte led Inter into recession with his fringe players

I have data that tells me different, and even if I was to accept your data over Tuttosport, one can see that Juventus wage bill is 67% higher than Inters. Below is another piece of data which even puts Napoli and AC Milan higher.

The fact is he came in, and with much less salaries than Juventus, and salaries comparative to other teams like Napoli and Roma, broke Juventus 10 year reign.

Before Conte, Intermilan were nobody that's why you can gladly quote their salary level then but won't be able to name 7 players from the team offhead. For much less salary than Juve, he took them to the top. The Hakimi, Lukaku they sold for combined £160m are his signings and the Lautaro Martinez they are about to sell for £80m is a player he made into that level to command that fee. That's a combined £240m gift from Conte to InterMilan on his way out to help the club balance the books while other Serie A clubs are ready to dash out players for free and cancel contracts just to stay afloat during the pandemic.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

Pep is still the favourite.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lukaku on board. If you do anyhow, you go see anyhow. I look forward to bullying some teams again.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ibime:

That was under a different President who was a douchebag

Is he crying because he is about to leave this present president?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I think say na only me, can't he play for them for free if he really love them

Or ask them to sign him afresh as a free agent. New wage bill that will suit La Liga rules.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2021
A001:

Even in modern times, many people still see nothing wrong in those things you said were considered good before, which enlightenment has now made many people see them as barbaric.

A typical Muslim sees Muhammad as the "best of mankind", according to the Qur'an.

To such a person — and there are millions of them all over the world — Muhammad never did anything wrong by practicing child marriage, whether in the standards of modern or old times.

If the Old Benin kingdom had colonized other places in old times, does that make it right for the British to colonize them later on?

If GB looted the resources of their colonies in Nigeria in old times, does that make it right for perpetrators of cyber crimes ("yahoo-yahoo" ) to steal from hard-working Britons, who weren't alive when their ancestors invaded and looted various areas in pre-independent Nigeria?

Does that make colonialism, looting, "yahoo-yahoo" right whether in old or modern times?

There will still be people who think slavery is good till date but they are in the minority vs 300yrs ago and that is how the world evolves, There are people today who still think there is nothing wrong in marrying a 15yr old but they are fewer than 100yrs ago. That is progress

Why does it make the British wrong for serving Benin with what they did? GB looted Benin, Benin looted AUchi, Auchi looted a smaller town they colonized, That was the way of the world then

Just a segue here, you know there are people who think competitive sports where there are winners and losers is bad for the society and there are people pushing for Everyone wins. E.g Chelsea play Everton no one loses we all win because making someone lose and feel bad is evil
In the future you might peek from your grave and see Chelsea and Everton play a sport called football where goalposts have been removed so that no one scores, no one concedes, no one loses and everyone is happy unlike the evil days of ancestors like Drogba, Maradona, Messi Ronaldo where some people lose and they feel bad

There are many people who think boxing or combat sports is terrible and should be abolished. Soon Tyson, Mayweather and Anthony Joshua would be tagged as beasts on whatever tag they develop then

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
A001:

If my children call me an animal eater in the future, they'd be right. In the future, humans may have devised better means for synthesizing meat and fish without the need to kill animals and fishes.

Even now, there are many people that sometimes take pity on a ram or cow about to be slaughtered and wish there was a better way.

When animal killing becomes a crime and they are called Savages, Your children will be called descendants of savages and probably be ostracized in the society like descendants of slave owners, war criminals, pedophiles who were acting within the laws of their time

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
BlueAngel444:

You and drisham will play three left footed footballers in the front three undecided, while benching the most creative active and good player chelsea have had over the past two season shocked

It's either Havertz or Ziyech on the right as an invented winger, I wonder who has been better or who will be better this coming season

Lol I'm just seeing this grin

So who would you pick as our front three
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ibime:
Lukaku on board. If you do anyhow, you go see anyhow. I look forward to bullying some teams again.

Na Ben White kind of defenders I dey pity sha, Rom go just drag that one dey run grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
timbros:

Is he crying because he is about to leave this present president?

Who is to say he wouldn't cry if he had left last season.

People who fled Nigeria under Abacha or Cuba under Castro still weep for their motherland.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
drisham:

Lol I'm just seeing this grin

So who would you pick as our front three
For our next game, most likely front three

Werner Havertz Ziyech

For out first league game, hoping everyone is fit and in form

Pulisic Lukaku Ziyech
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

When animal killing becomes a crime and they are called Savages, Your children will be called descendants of savages and probably be ostracized in the society like descendants of slave owners, war criminals, pedophiles who were acting within the laws of their time
I'm not aware of anytime in the modern age that the descendants of slave-owners like Tinubu or of some pedophile that created a religion have ever been ostracized in the society.

But they've been called descendants of savages, pedophile, etc. mainly due to the fact the so-called descendants see/saw nothing wrong in modern times in what their ancestors did in the olden days, even though their (ancestors') act wasn't unlawful then.

And those descendants/advocates still toe the same path as their ancestors, even in modern times.

Most people won't criticize someone like Muhammad today because he also had his good attributes, and even some of his bad acts weren't unlawful globally in his time, but they'd berate him for one reason.

And that's, terrorists like BH, Al-Qaeda and their ilks are following the footsteps of the "noble" prophet, even in this day and age when such acts are now condemned.

Thus, the person that laid the foundation for Islamist terrorism, extremism plaguing different parts of the world today has to take a substantial part of the blame for his invention.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ibime:

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

is this you losing faith in Pep shocked after signing £100m shakushaku player and losing two trophies cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
BlueAngel444:
is this you losing faith in Pep shocked after signing £100m shakushaku player and losing two trophies cheesy

Its time for Chelsea to win one league too and stop sniffing Man citys butt every league table season after season

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12196) (12197) (12198) (12199) (12200) (12201) (12202) ... (19350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueAngel444, NerdSciBot, bestmutiu2019(m), Ibunkun1(m), andrewbaba44 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.