Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10511972 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12243) (12244) (12245) (12246) (12247) (12248) (12249) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
donjazet:

UPDATE:
5 rival invaders have been suspended from the league. grin grin sorry, the FPL league is particularly for the Chelsea fans here. Patrickmuf, larride , cityfc etc. I think oasis007 has opened a nairaland manunited fan league for you guys.
The entry to league has been closed.

Some of the Recognizable teams are; jazet blues, ninjametahuman, skimpledawg, almajiri hunter, griffon, mrphilia, jigsawkillah, thorvik, timbros, izzu, etc..
Good luck to us all and may the luckiest team win. cheesy HERE WE GO!!

grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ihebu4chelsea:
is that your business Cavani and martial are still your strikers this season... I'm certain. Both won't score more than Lukaku this season..
Bro i have Lukaku in my FPL, he must score plenty goal ooh...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Bro i have Lukaku in my FPL, he must score plenty goal ooh...
at 11.5 he is pretty expensive. Werner was 9.5 his first season, now 9.0, but 11.5 for Lukaku that's high for a new player?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
izzou:

grin grin grin

To win FPL na mostly luck.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ebukacute:

Boss use style collect this L now.... E no go choke you if you do...ahhh!!!

Because of nomination? grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Amen
That's the spirit cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
at 11.5 he is pretty expensive. Werner was 9.5 his first season, now 9.0, but 11.5 for Lukaku that's high for a new player?
Yea but i looked at his goal threat, even replaced Kane for him cos i feel Kane may no be himself this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Yea but i looked at his goal threat, even replaced Kane for him cos i feel Kane may no be himself this season.
shuooo

hope say you buy Sancho grin plenty goals and assists
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:

shuooo

hope say you buy Sancho grin plenty goals and assists
Yes oo, Sancho, Son, Grealish dey there. Unfortunately no enough money to buy Bruno cry
Modified:
I don squeeze King Bruno in grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

Good thing you brought this up.

Messi has always been more than just goals and assists. Always. That's why his supporters get irate when Ronaldo, who's just a goalscorer, is compared to him.

Goals, assists, chances created, playmaking, dribbling... Several indices. We are talking superhuman mode here. smiley

Na wao.... This is not the answer to my question nah.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jodera:

Now I'm not saying jorg was their best player in EPL, but if he wins UCL best midfielder, it automatically means he was very very influential in their run to cl win, very influential to their euro win and like I said, he midfielder's stat as a deep lying playmaker is impressive in euros and Cl.

If we are actually being honest, Jorginho isn't even the best midfielder at Chelsea - Kante is. Arguably Chelsea's best player. Why nobody is making a case for him or did so in 2018 beats me. Any top team would be glad to have him.

To be sincere, if messi hadn't had this copa America effort, it would have been difficult to lay a claim on that balon dor
But he won it so the whataboutism and whatifs are just wishful thinking.

I know it might be difficult to take, but your club progress is also a factor too not just solely individual stats
Club progress: Copa Del Rey. UCL Quarterfinals. Tight League race and in top three.

Individual statistics: Astronomical. And Balon is an individual award so go figure.

So I ask... What's the difference between 2020/2021 messi exploit and 2017/2018 messi exploit assuming messi didn't win the copa America nor had such an exploit in it?
What's the difference copper and Cu? Semantics but the same element.

Again, he won the Copa America and not just win it but boss it in every statistics. And you can't take it away from him. There's no assumption to be had - he won it.

Singular most outstanding player in any tournament this season (Euros and Copa).

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
The moment Lampard handed his No. 8 shirt to Kovacic grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
Skimpledawg you sef don join FPL grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2021
timbros:

Na wao.... This is not the answer to my question nah.

You are going around in circles and deliberately ignoring the fact but I'd break it down.

Your question was, if Messi as an attacker is being judged with goals and assists, what would a midfielder like Jorginho be judged with?

I replied by staying Messi has always been judged with more than his goal contributions.

A midfielder is supposed to be judged by indices such as pass completion date, dirbbles completed, take-ons, playmaking and even assists (but I'd deliberately ignore assists).

I'd we judge Balon d'Or for midfield roles, Kante is even above Jorginho.

Messi has bossed the very roles expected of a midfielder. Screw it! If you watch football games Messi features in closely in the last few years, you wouldn't even have asked me that question - Messi has been dropping deep to play as a midfielder too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

You are going around in circles and deliberately ignoring the fact but I'd break it down.

Your question was, if Messi as an attacker is being judged with goals and assists, what would a midfielder like Jorginho be judged with?

I replied by staying Messi has always been judged with more than his goal contributions.

A midfielder is supposed to be judged by indices such as pass completion date, dirbbles completed, take-ons, playmaking and even assists (but I'd deliberately ignore assists).

I'd we judge Balon d'Or for midfield roles, Kante is even above Jorginho.

Messi has bossed the very roles expected of a midfielder. Screw it! If you football games Messi features in closely in the last few years, you wouldn't even have asked me that question - Messi has been dropping deep to play as a midfielder too.

You sha sabi shalaye grin

Who is going round in circles (not even one circle, you say circles grin )? Was I the one debating with you since? Just one question and you say I dey go around in circles.... Your shalaye get levels o.

I stopped reading the epistle up there when I see dribbles completed as one of your criteria of judging a midfielder. grin grin

I go just withdraw here. I no get this kind of strength.

Jodera over to you. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
Amoto94:
• Mendy nominated for UCL Goalkeeper of the Year.

• Azpilicueta and Rüdiger nominated for UCL Defender of the Year.

• Kanté and Jorginho nominated for UCL midfielder of the Year.

Mendy- GK
Dias - DF ( compensation)
Kante - MF
Mbappe - STR in that order with Ngolo Kante nicking the Best player .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
izzou:

grin grin grin
literally me last night building the team.

I had to make transfers like 10 times grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
timbros:

Who is going round in circles (not even one circle, you say circles grin )? Was I the one debating with you since? Just one question and you say I dey go around in circles.... Your shalaye get levels o.

I stopped reading the epistle up there when I see dribbles completed as one of your criteria of judging a midfielder. grin grin

Jodera over to you. grin
When you have facts to state, the words come easy.

You are not tired - you lost. You have made more posts on this thread today than I have - that's not the sign of a tired person.

You should learn to debate. I provided indices for judging midfielders which anyone can google; broke down how Messi surpassed Jorginho even in midfield roles, and stating Kante is the better midfielder in Chelsea.

Like Sia said, another one bites the dust. Next jorginhoist?!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
timbros:
The moment Lampard handed his No. 8 shirt to Kovacic grin

That shirt is too big for Kovacic.
He doesn't score. He doesn't create . He cannot shoot. All he does is make short passes with no fruitful outcome.
Bayern should come & take him and gift us Tolisso.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

You are not tired - you lost. You have made more posts on this thread today than I have - that's not the sign of a tired person.

You should learn to debate. I provided indices for judging midfielders which anyone can google; broke down how Messi surpassed Jorginho even in midfield roles, and stating Kante is the better midfielder in Chelsea.

OK. You win.

Move over to the podium. Collect your medal.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Yes oo, Sancho, Son, Grealish dey there. Unfortunately no enough money to buy Bruno cry
Modified:
I don squeeze King Bruno in grin
shocked how??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
timbros:

OK. You win.

Move over to the podium. Collect your medal.

On the Messi side of life, mounting podiums and adorning medals are the norm.

You all are making this too easy. Something like a tractor-drawn harvester in a maize farm. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

If we are actually being honest, Jorginho isn't even the best midfielder at Chelsea - Kante is. Arguably Chelsea's best player. Why nobody is making a case for him or did so in 2018 beats me. Any top team would be glad to have him.

But he won it so the whataboutism and whatifs are just wishful thinking.

Club progress: Copa Del Rey. UCL Quarterfinals. Tight League race and in top three.

Individual statistics: Astronomical. And Balon is an individual award so go figure.

What's the difference copper and Cu? Semantics but the same element.

Again, he won the Copa America and not just win it but boss it in every statistics. And you can't take it away from him. There's no assumption to be had - he won it.

Singular most outstanding player in any tournament this season (Euros and Copa).

1... Kante and Jorg are nominated for UCL best midfielder. If Jorginho wins it, it automatically means he was the best midfielder at Chelsea, not kante.
This indeed was the premise of my Argument.

2... I didn't bring the whataboutism, you did. I said it was the copa America that makes Messi favorite for the balon dor but at least Jorginho fans will have a great point to hold on to if he wins best midfielder award. You said it Is false. I gave you reason why without his copa America exploits he wouldn't have been favorite, you disagreed by bringing in his 2012 win.
When I debunked it with his 2018 loss to modric, which is exactly similar to 2021, you're now bringing Whataboutism..
Come on na... Haba grin

I've always said that messi is the strongest favorite just cos his copa America (assuming jorg wins best midfielder). You disagreed saying without his copa America, he's still strong favorite by bringing out stats.

4... Club progress round of 16?? For a club like barca??
Don't make me laugh

If you bring stats for messi, jorg has stats too for his midfield position(deep lying playmaker). And that stats will prove that he was very very influential in their cl win and Italy's euro win..

Anyways, kante has won it, so Jorginho balon dor shout in the mud grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
timbros:

Jodera over to you. grin
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Ross Barkley is gone or going, Abraham is definitely leaving, that's why Lukaku doesn't have a number yet

But can't sight a 17 or 18, well it may also mean Lukaku is indeed taking the number 18 shirt

RLC number 12
Chalobah number 14
Is this a sign they will be staying?

Guess Chelsea might make more signings or not

So they actually gave kovacic the iconic lampards no 8 jersey .. why didn't they give havertz or someone else.. but kovacic no 8 really
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

You see what I'm saying?? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
timbros:
Skimpledawg you sef don join FPL grin
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
Skimpledawg:

grin

I'm interested to see your lineup grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
My guy went from being compared with Horjbugger to Messi in just one month grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nani667: 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
#OleOUT

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jodera:

Anyways, kante has won it, so Jorginho balon dor shout in the mud grin

My earlier posts gave Kante credit. Kante is the most important midfielder for club and country, and in a quiet way, the most important player.

There's no way anyone who compares the influence and season Messi has had to Jourginho's can convince me he or she didn't drink and bath salt water during the Ebola scare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12243) (12244) (12245) (12246) (12247) (12248) (12249) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SirAce and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.