Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10512429 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12242) (12243) (12244) (12245) (12246) (12247) (12248) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
airmark:

For what? For being nominated for an award?

Even calamitous Boathand didn't only get nominated but clinched German player of the year one time. The idiott is clubless as we speak as no ambitious club want to waste funds on liability.
Boss use style collect this L now.... E no go choke you if you do...ahhh!!!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
airmark:

For what? For being nominated for an award?

Even calamitous Boathand didn't only get nominated but clinched German player of the year one time. The idiott is clubless as we speak as no ambitious club want to waste funds on liability.
are you comparing Rudiger to Boateng shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
popizaino:

Even salah was once overlooked for Willian so nothing surprising there. So miss with this RLC talks whose best could only relegate Fulham

Stupid comments don't count. You dare not say this when RLC was balling under Sarri, when he was having his best season at 23.

What happened to RLC? For those of you that don't know, when RLC injured his Achilles, his left calf halved in size. He was reported at the time to have torn his Achilles so badly, it was like a horse tail. Even The Athletic carried this story at the time.

Talking about calves halving its size, I know exactly what RLC is going through as on the 10th Aug, 2014, I broke my Fibular in 3 places and ruptured my Posterior and Anterior Talofibular ligaments during a 5-aside game. After coming off a cast post 6 months, I lost 70% of the size of my left calf muscle. 7 years later, it's still only about 60% of its full size pre-injury and I cannot run for more than 60m at full speed without serious pain.

I bet you RLC has still not grown the calf back to normal size, as it's about the most difficult muscle to grow at will. Also consider that the calf is about the most important muscle for top performances for an athlete, and you start to understand what he is going through. I have lived this experience.

So you can sit behind your keyboard, make dill comments, not apply logic and call people crap without having a clue of what these guys have to go through physically and mentally to overcome an injury, and then get back to form.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

What on God's green earth are you on about? Messi didn't win Barça best player when he's been the best in the La Liga as a whole and in the world?

Are you trolling now? Even if you are a LiveScore soccer pundit, the stats are there to show. Don't embarrass yourself in public.
Mehn, you're being emotional right now. Let's be logical (I know you as someone who is one).
Now note, I'm not a Jorginho fan here, but I'm just putting forward a valid argument if he wins UCL midfielder of the year.

La liga don't give best player award recently unlike EPL, so the only metric we'll use is Barca's best player of the season which was won by De Jong, not messi.

I know of Messi's stats as an attacker, but even Jorginho have incredible stats In euros, coupled with his accomplishments. Like I said earlier, the copa messi won will tilt it to his favor.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
I have removed some of his mentions, I would have quoted something for you to see. He pathetically deludes himself and will attack anyone that suggests to challenge his myopia.
Lol... Seems both of you have a history grin
I understand now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jodera:
Mehn, you're being emotional right now. Let's be logical (I know you as someone who is one).
Now note, I'm not a Jorginho fan here, but I'm just putting forward a valid argument if he wins UCL midfielder of the year.

I don't do emotions. Emotions are an anathema to rationality. What I do indulge and revel in, however, are facts - evidentially-proven facts. [/quote]

La liga don't give best player award recently unlike EPL, so the only metric we'll use is Barca's best player of the season which was won by De Jong, not messi.

I know of Messi's stats as an attacker, but even Jorginho have incredible stats In euros, coupled with his accomplishments. Like I said earlier, the copa messi won will tilt it to his favor.

What are rewriting history as we know it and spewing alternate facts?

Messi, even in the just-concluded season, was the best player in Spain (not even Barcelona) - goals, assists, goal contributions,

Highest goalscorer and assist-maker in La Liga in 2020/2021 season:
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/8321/Spain-LaLiga

Highest Barcelona scorer and assist-maker in the 2020/2021 season:

In fact, Griezmann comes next before De Jong.
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/14/Spain-Copa-del-Rey

Highest dribbles and passes. What are you on about?
I don't do emotions or presumptuous claims based on hearsay. I do facts and facts only. smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
Thomas Tuchel -

“We will hunt our rivals from Saturday onwards. We see ourselves as hunters - that’s the mentality of this team.”

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
Tuchel on Lukaku -

“He has the speed, the power, the physique and the experience. He has Chelsea in his heart, so I think he will be an excellent addition.”
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
I have removed some of his mentions, I would have quoted something for you to see. He pathetically deludes himself and will attack anyone that suggests to challenge his myopia.

You would come third best in any I.Q. test against a stone and rusty doorknob. You come on the Barcelona thread to troll and I beat you back to civility with scathing facts.

You'd rebuild your confidence for a week then think you can square up to me. None has been able to best me and none would. I'd never partake in an argument I have no evidence for.

You are the resident troll in this section, treated even less than a skinny leper reclining by an overflowing drainage.

Keep your inanities and simpleton-esque exchanges to you and your ilk. I only debate intelligent people who know how to shelve their emotionality and gaslighting for evidence-based debates and arguments. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

I don't do emotions. Emotions are an anathema to rationality. What I do indulge and revel in, however, are facts - evidentially-proven facts.

What are rewriting history as we know it and spewing alternate facts?

Messi, even in the just-concluded season, was the best player in Spain (not even Barcelona) - goals, assists, goal contributions,

Highest goalscorer and assist-maker in La Liga in 2020/2021 season:
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/8321/Spain-LaLiga

Highest Barcelona scorer and assist-maker in the 2020/2021 season:

In fact, Griezmann comes next before De Jong.
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/14/Spain-Copa-del-Rey

Highest dribbles and passes. What are you on about?
I don't do emotions or presumptuous claims based on hearsay. I do facts and facts only. smiley
Okayy, Simple Question:
Who won Barca's player of the year last season??

Like I said, I am aware of all messi's stat (I'm a messi fan), but let's be logical. All his highest goal, highest assist and so on led his team(A whole barca) to 3rd place in la liga, while he won only copa del rey.

It's unheard of for barca to be 3rd and that would have been a big dent on messi extraordinary year. His copa win and exploits really tilt the balon dor back to his favor, else... grin

Also, we don't know weda la liga would have given Suarez best player. I'm sure nobody would have protested if la liga had given Suarez best player of the season ahead of Messi cos he was really instrumental to athletico unexpected league win
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
are you comparing Rudiger to Boateng shocked

Let's ask Raumdeuter.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
nateevs:

Stupid comments don't count. You dare not say this when RLC was balling under Sarri, when he was having his best season at 23.

What happened to RLC? For those of you that don't know, when RLC injured his Achilles, his left calf halved in size. He was reported at the time to have torn his Achilles so badly, it was like a horse tail. Even The Athletic carried this story at the time.

Talking about calves halving its size, I know exactly what RLC is going through as on the 10th Aug, 2014, I broke my Fibular in 3 places and ruptured my Posterior and Anterior Talofibular ligaments during a 5-aside game. After coming off a cast post 6 months, I lost 70% of the size of my left calf muscle. 7 years later, it's still only about 60% of its full size pre-injury and I cannot run for more than 60m at full speed without serious pain.

I bet you RLC has still not grown the calf back to normal size, as it's about the most difficult muscle to grow at will. Also consider that the calf is about the most important muscle for top performances for an athlete, and you start to understand what he is going through. I have lived this experience.

So you can sit behind your keyboard, make dill comments, not apply logic and call people crap without having a clue of what these guys have to go through physically and mentally to overcome an injury, and then get back to form.

Omo.

Some people here think once you return to the pitch you must hit that peak immediately. Anything short, you will be tagged a talentless player and called Pussylic, Ziyansh etc.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
Donstan18, I expect you to be amongst the top 100.

cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jodera:
Okayy, Simple Question:
Who won Barca's player of the year last season??

Like I said, I am aware of all messi's stat (I'm a messi fan), but let's be logical. All his highest goal, highest assist and so on led his team(A whole barca) to 3rd place in la liga, while he won only copa del rey.

It's unheard of for barca to be 3rd and that would have been a big dent on messi extraordinary year. His copa win and exploits really tilt the balon dor back to his favor, else... grin

If you have to declare "I am a Messi fan", you are trying to cover up for something obvious - veiled antagonism, but want to be accepted as stating the truth. Simple reverse psychology. I didn't need to state I am a Messi fan - my choice of words made that obvious.

In the 2011/2012 season when Messi won the Balon d'Or, Barcelona didn't the the La Liga and UCL but won the Copa del Rey.
Spain also won the Euros with many outstanding Barcelona players in the squad.

It wasn't a Copa America year and he had lost the one in the previous year.

But Balon d'Or is an individual award for the most outstanding player, not team, so he won it based on his statistics.

This year he has more: Copa del Rey and Copa America.
Chart-topping goals for both competitions and already won awards to this fact.

In anything, winning the Copa America for Argentina, Copa del Rey for Barcelona and his winning statistics made the year a more rewarding one than 2011/2012.

Get with the programme, Jodera.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
popizaino:

At least Ross Barkley didn't relegate Aston villa .

Villa and Fulham are not the same thing. You didn't answer the question.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

If you have to declare "I am a Messi fan", you are trying to cover up for something obvious - veiled antagonism, but want to be accepted as stating the truth. Simple reverse psychology. I didn't need to state I am a Messi fan - my choice of words made that obvious.

In the 2011/2012 season when Messi won the Balon d'Or, Barcelona didn't the the La Liga and UCL but won the Copa del Rey.

But Balon d'Or is an individual award for the most outstanding player, not team, so he won it based on his statistics.

In anything, winning the Copa America for Argentina, Copa del Rey for Barcelona and his winning statistics made the year a more rewarding one than 2011/2012.

Quick one... If Messi is judged by goals and assists as an attacker, what will Jorginho be judged by? Also what criteria will the body use in awarding Balon d'or when it comes to attacker vs midfielder?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DissTroy(m): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
timbros:

Quick one... If Messi is judged by goals and assists as an attacker, what will Jorginho be judged by? Also what criteria will the body use in awarding Balon d'or when it comes to attacker vs midfielder?

Good thing you brought this up.

Messi has always been more than just goals and assists. Always. That's why his supporters get irate when Ronaldo, who's just a goalscorer, is compared to him.

Goals, assists, chances created, playmaking, dribbling... Several indices. We are talking superhuman mode here. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

Lol... I had to say I'm a messi fan cos I felt your thinking was that I'm a Chelsea fan who is pushing Jorginho agenda. I just wanted to clear that air, so that you'll just say things fairly and not looking at me like a Jorginho agendist grin

The 2012 year was a world class beast year for messi. Barca was 2nd, cl semi final while winning copa del rey. The previous year copa america doesn't count so it's invalid.

In 2018, messi was top goalscorer in la liga as well as highest assist(same as this past season) as well as highest goalscorer in copa del rey. The reason why he won 2012 but lost out on 2018 was because barca eliminated in Q/f, while someone like modric had a good influential performance in both Madrid and WC. This year, messi was knocked out in round of 16

Now I'm not saying jorg was their best player in EPL, but if he wins UCL best midfielder, it automatically means he was very very influential in their run to cl win, very influential to their euro win and like I said, he midfielder's stat as a deep lying playmaker is impressive in euros and Cl.

2012, messi was highest goalscorer in cl, league, calendar year by a whole mile, while barca reached the semifinals in cl.

To be sincere, if messi hadn't had this copa America effort, it would have been difficult to lay a claim on that balon dor

I know it might be difficult to take, but your club progress is also a factor too not just solely individual stats

So I ask... What's the difference between 2020/2021 messi exploit and 2017/2018 messi exploit assuming messi didn't win the copa America nor had such an exploit in it?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Azurevermillion: 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... I had to say I'm a messi fan cos I felt your thinking was that I'm a Chelsea fan who is pushing Jorginho agenda. I just wanted to clear that air, so that you'll just say things fairly and not looking at me like a Jorginho agendist grin

The 2012 year was a world class beast year for messi. Barca was 2nd, cl semi final while winning copa. The previous year copa doesn't count so it's invalid.

In 2018, messi was top goalscorer in la liga as well as highest assist(same as this past season). The reason why he won 2012 but lost out on 2018 was because barca eliminated in Q/f, while someone like modric had a good influential performance in both Madrid and WC. This year, messi was knocked out in round of 16

Now I'm not saying jorg was their best player in EPL, but if he wins UCL best midfielder, it automatically means he was very very influential in their run to cl win, very influential to their euro win and like I said, he midfielder's stat as a deep lying playmaker is impressive in euros and Cl.

2012, messi was highest goalscorer in cl, league, calendar year by a whole mile, while barca reached the semifinals in cl.

To be sincere, if messi hadn't had this copa America effort, it would have been difficult to lay a claim on that balon dor

I know it might be difficult to take, but your club progress is also a factor too not just solely individual stats
Nothing gets to you. Wow
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

Messi has always been more than just goals and assists. Always. That's why his supporters get irate when Ronaldo, who's just a goalscorer, is compared to him.

Goals, assists, chances created, playmaking, dribbling... Several indices. We are talking superhuman mode here. smiley
Lol... Nobody is saying weda Messi is the best player since 2009 or not na? grin
Or his 2009-2020 stats count wen considering this year's balon dor? grin

Also I noticed you didn't answer his question
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2021
Azurevermillion:
Nothing gets to you. Wow
Well, I just brought up valid argument/points cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
donjazet:
Lastly,
For the nairaland Chelsea fans, we have our own FPL closed league. This is the link to join.
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/2wbcop

Our code is 2wbcop
The last day of entry is tomorrow.

Entrants should try to attach recognizable names in their FPL team names so that we could better identify ourselves, to enhance the competitive and entertainment value. There are 3 spots left.

UPDATE:
5 rival invaders have been suspended from the league. grin grin sorry, the FPL league is particularly for the Chelsea fans here. Patrickmuf, larride , cityfc etc. I think oasis007 has opened a nairaland manunited fan league for you guys.
The entry to league has been closed.

Some of the Recognizable teams are; jazet blues, ninjametahuman, skimpledawg, almajiri hunter, griffon, mrphilia, jigsawkillah, thorvik, timbros, izzu, etc..
Good luck to us all and may the luckiest team win. cheesy HERE WE GO!!

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
donjazet:

UPDATE:
5 rival invaders have been suspended from the league. grin grin sorry, the FPL league is particularly for the Chelsea fans here.
Patrickmuf, larride , cityfc etc. I think oasis007 has opened a nairaland manunited fan league for you guys.

Recognizable teams are; jazet blues, ninjametahuman, skimpledawg, almajiri hunter, griffon, mrphilia, jigsawkillah, thorvik, timbros, izzu, etc..

It is meant to be for all those active on the Chelsea Fan Thread na, not necessarily just Chelsea fans.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Seems both of you have a history grin
I understand now
history is for people that actually exist. Once I see a mention, I remove it grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
thorrvik55:

It is meant to be for all those active on the Chelsea Fan Thread na, not necessarily just Chelsea fans.
Then it loses its core substance.
For instance, imagine where patrickmuf, a manunited fan wins a CHELSEA fan league. It wouldn't make sense na. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
donjazet:

UPDATE:
5 rival invaders have been suspended from the league. grin grin sorry, the FPL league is particularly for the Chelsea fans here. Patrickmuf, larride , cityfc etc. I think oasis007 has opened a nairaland manunited fan league for you guys.

Recognizable teams are; jazet blues, ninjametahuman, skimpledawg, almajiri hunter, griffon, mrphilia, jigsawkillah, thorvik, timbros, izzu, etc..
I feel you didn't need to call their names here. They've been suspended, so they'll definitely know they're the one, no need coming here to start exposing their names again

I feel a simple "5 rival invaders have been suspended, sorry it's meant for Chelsea fan here" is enough to pass the information.

But just my opinion tho
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jodera:
I feel you didn't need to call their names here. They've been suspended, so they'll definitely know they're the one, no need coming here to start exposing their names again

I feel a simple "5 rival invaders have been suspended" is enough to pass the information.

But just my opinion tho
Relax, it's just in jest. Hence the emoji's. I don't think anyone will take it personally.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
Romelu Lukaku, who joined the Blues from Inter Milan yesterday, will have his squad number announced in due course.

Chelsea squad numbers 2021/22
1 Kepa Arrizabalaga
2 Antonio Rudiger
3 Marcos Alonso
4 Andreas Christensen
5 Jorginho
6 Thiago Silva
7 N’Golo Kante
8 Mateo Kovacic
9 Tammy Abraham
10 Christian Pulisic
11 Timo Werner
12 Ruben Loftus-Cheek
13 Marcus Bettinelli
14 Trevoh Chalobah
15 Kurt Zouma
16 Edouard Mendy
19 Mason Mount
20 Callum Hudson-Odoi
21 Ben Chilwell
22 Hakim Ziyech
24 Reece James
27 Tino Anjorin
28 Cesar Azpilicueta
29 Kai Havertz
33 Emerson Palmieri
36 Lucas Bergstrom
44 Ethan Ampadu
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

Which one be since 2009

Did they start playing football in 2009?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
donjazet:

Relax, it's just in jest. Hence the emoji's. I don't think anyone will take it personally.
Okay bro..
Got it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ross Barkley is gone or going, Abraham is definitely leaving, that's why Lukaku doesn't have a number yet

But can't sight a 17 or 18, well it may also mean Lukaku is indeed taking the number 18 shirt

RLC number 12
Chalobah number 14
Is this a sign they will be staying?

Guess Chelsea might make more signings or not
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2021
donjazet:

Then it loses its core substance.
For instance, imagine where patrickmuf, a manunited fan wins a CHELSEA fan league. It wouldn't make sense na. cheesy cheesy
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (12242) (12243) (12244) (12245) (12246) (12247) (12248) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.