Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,531 members, 7,865,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10753729 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12279) (12280) (12281) (12282) (12283) (12284) (12285) ... (19432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 6:06am On Aug 20, 2021
Summary of the last page: 'If you come for the king then you better not miss and be prepared for a long day.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Franckly62(m): 6:13am On Aug 20, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6710730/uefa-player-year-nominees-all
Jorginho and Kanté on UEFA POTY nominee list.
Who would you vote for?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 6:18am On Aug 20, 2021
nihilistjnr:

After doing an unbiased research and finding nothing but weakness?

When Isaac Newton did his unbiased research and discovered gravity, can anything change the law of gravity again? Oya walk upside down let us see grin grin grin

Swiz is doing what the English call 'talking from both sides of the mouth' cheesy. TGIF the weekend would be good there is no doubt about it. We have started well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:24am On Aug 20, 2021
pamcode:
Summary of the last page: 'If you come for the king then you better not miss and be prepared for a long day.

The renowned philosopher and writer Chinagorom Onuoha once said:

"Anything you do your fellow man today,
be ready for your own tomorrow,
My brother, wickedness e no dey pay,
Destiny dey delay but e no dey change"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:33am On Aug 20, 2021
raumdeuter:

Individual performance bring titles that type of performance was missing from the career of Silva and Terry
No you are wrong. Collective effort bring tittles. Individual performance bring individual awards in football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 6:48am On Aug 20, 2021
Ibime:

Nothing to go down on. Jogginghoe is still a liability until proven different. Kovacic and Mount POTY says so while Jorginho was nowhere. I don't care if he is lucky enough to be carried along to two trophies this year, he is still useless, Lin and weak and an all-around disaster like Swiz would say. grin

Jorginho, carry along? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 7:15am On Aug 20, 2021
raumdeuter:

When you win so much early in your career you don't need to be 40 and still struggling to win a major trophy on the field
Tell that to Boateng who is still searching for a club...

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:15am On Aug 20, 2021
Ibime:

Whose foolishness caused Bournemouth and Man City to be flogging us 4-0 and 6-0 in Sarris tenure as our midfield turned to highway?

Nobody on this thread that was around in Sarris time.did not criticize Jorginho. We only started seeing Jorginho fans this season

Every player can be criticized; even more after a painful defeat of which he failed to do his job. Jorginho had had two bad seasons prior to the last one. That's enough for any reasonable analyst to criticize him. However, I am not a sentimental human being who cling on to my opinion about someone even if they had become absurd. You are still of the opinion that Jorginho is useless and we can't compete with him even during his best moments as a footballer. You are afraid of what people would say if you had a change of opinion... Don't be a coward

Situations vary from time to time and so should one's opinion. Jorginho stood above criticism he was subjected to, showed character and proved everyone including myself wrong. For that, he has earned my praise. If that is what L means, then I wholely accept it. If all Chelsea players I have criticized can prove me wrong overtime, that would make me happy. Because at the end of the day, I am a Chelsea fan who wants the best for the club

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 7:22am On Aug 20, 2021
Exonerate1:

What’s difficult to understand there?

If Tuchel trust Jorginho, he should switch to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1...At the moment Chelsea plays 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders plus Mount who is renowned for his hardwork...If you don't think 3 CBs, 2 wingers and another DM/B2B midfielder beside Jorginho helps covers his weakness then it's obvious you just started watching Chelsea...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2021
patrickmuf:

If Tuchel trust Jorginho, he should switch to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1...At the moment Chelsea plays 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders plus Mount who is renowned for his hardwork...If you don't think 3 CBs, 2 wingers and another DM/B2B midfielder beside Jorginho helps covers his weakness then it's obvious you just started watching Chelsea...

Did Italy also play with 5 defenders

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:25am On Aug 20, 2021
bisqit:
I noticed Jorginho caused the goal versus Villareal. When he released a misplaced pass that gave the rampaging yellow submarines time and space to exploit chelsea's weakness at the back in order to score.

But you didn't see Kovacic sitting with his legs crossed watching as Moreno slotted home
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 7:25am On Aug 20, 2021
swiz123:

Every player can be criticized; even more after a painful defeat of which he failed to do his job. Jorginho had had two bad seasons prior to the last one. That's enough for any reasonable analyst to criticize him. However, I am not a sentimental human being who cling on to my opinion about someone even if they had become absurd. You are still of the opinion that Jorginho is useless and we can't compete with him even during his best moments as a footballer. You are afraid of what people would say if you had a change of opinion... Don't be a coward

Situations vary from time to time and so should one's opinion. Jorginho stood above criticism he was subjected to, showed character and proved everyone including myself wrong. For that, he has earned my praise. If that is what L means, then I wholely accept it. If all Chelsea players I have criticized can prove me wrong overtime, that would make me happy. Because at the end of the day, I am a Chelsea fan who wants the best for the club
He has always maintained that the current Chelsea system mask the flaws of Jorginho, the old Jorginho is still there just that with the numbers you guys have behind the ball, it's hardly noticeable...

By the way, after your unbiased analysis, has Jorginho improved or the system is to thank for his supposed marked improvement?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2021
Exonerate1:

Did Italy also play with 5 defenders
Italy played Jorginho beside Veratti, a proper midfield controller who is one of the best press resistant midfielders in the world and a very combative Barella...

Italy were taken to extra time by Austria, scrapped past an injury ravaged Belgium, outplayed by Spain and needed penalties and against England also relied on penalties...

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:29am On Aug 20, 2021
Singapore1:
what is wrong in criticizing a player in the past then coming out to praise him based on improvement ?
kante was criticized

Is it not stupidity to continue criticizing someone who has obviously improved. I criticize Odoi, if Odoi starts dropping world class performances, of course, I will immediately start praising him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TheLequte: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2021
popizaino:

That one too na individual award?

It must be with the way Dayo has been harping on it.

Breasted final. Breasted final. Blablabla

The semi final and other matches nko? He didn’t even smell player of tournament but his whole career should be exalted because of one fluke performance in a very good team.

APSports is a fraud!

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
He has always maintained that the current Chelsea system mask the flaws of Jorginho, the old Jorginho is still there just that with the numbers you guys have behind the ball, it's hardly noticeable...

By the way, after your unbiased analysis, has Jorginho improved or the system is to thank for his supposed marked improvement?

Of course he has. Make no mistake, he is still slow and can't keep up with faster players. But the improvement came in areas of his positional awareness, discipline and passing.

Ibime is a confused human being. All his theories are too flawed.If Chelsea system helped him, why wasn't he exposed at Italy. He is clinging desparately at Italy vs Spain match as a lifeline. My unbiased self told him for free why that game was that way but his biased self chose to believe that only Jorginho was at fault. When Italy does well, it is Varrati, Barella, Chiesa or even Donarumma. When they play badly, it's only Jorginho. To even think he was lecturing me about scattergun criticism.

If TT's approach is the reason for his improvement, couldn't Lampard's approach be the reason for the worst days of his life. Remember, Lampard paired him at times with Mount and Havertz as double 8 when Kante was injured. Sometimes Mount and Kovacic. Mount hardly maintains his position and I remember Peter Drury saying that Mount plays so high up the pitch leaving his position exposed for runners during counters. Let's not talk about Kovacic lack of positional awareness or low response. TT brought the right approach and everyone is breathing fresh air. After all, a coach's responsibility is to maximum his player's strength and hide their weaknesses

So my brother, Jorginho as a player has improved. His performance tells the tale.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TheLequte: 8:01am On Aug 20, 2021
Swiz I feel like say you will regret these words soon
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 8:08am On Aug 20, 2021
swiz123:

But guy you’ve had this “I told you so” attitude when Jorginho is been discussed like you’ve backed him from day one and he finally came good just like the way Nihilist backed Lukaku.

Well for now, in the spirit of agenda, the bolded is more important kiss

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:09am On Aug 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
Italy played Jorginho beside Veratti, a proper midfield controller who is one of the best press resistant midfielders in the world and a very combative Barella...

Italy were taken to extra time by Austria, scrapped past an injury ravaged Belgium, outplayed by Spain and needed penalties and against England also relied on penalties...
Jorginho is the weak link in our midfield. Sign a proper CDM with strength and ball retention and see us win the league easily. Tournament is different from 38 games. We missed out on another league win when we sold Matic and replace him with bakayoko and Jorginho, Kante started over laboring after Matic’s departure which resulted to his often injury. Chelsea board are aware of this fact, the reason they are going for either Tchouameni or Rice. You can’t win epl comprising of 38 games with a player like Jorginho. He can’t hold his ground, easily subdued, easily predictable and can’t drive occasionally. He can only do quick pass which is basic. He only intercept when an opponent has being crowded and slowed down by his team mate, he can’t chase to make tackles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2021
raumdeuter:

We both agree that airmark doesn't know many things. So will you deactivate now

airmark do you agree ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 8:10am On Aug 20, 2021
TheLequte:
Swiz I feel like say you will regret these words soon

I feel dayo might bail him out, let’s see grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:14am On Aug 20, 2021
patrickmuf:

Italy also sat very deep, and played with 3 defensive midfielders.

Jorginho is still a weak link.

Quote me anyday.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2021
raumdeuter:

When you win so much early in your career you don't need to be 40 and still struggling to win a major trophy on the field
shocked are you talking about Messi like this. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:21am On Aug 20, 2021
patrickmuf:

italy play 6 2 1 abi angry or Sarri does? undecided if Ibime spits you self will swallow, why can't Tuchel bench Jorginho and play Kante and Kovacic in the midfield role?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:24am On Aug 20, 2021
swiz123:

If TT's approach is the reason for his improvement, couldn't Lampard's approach be the reason for the worst days of his life.

Nihilist has already pulled your post from Sarri days and we saw you do an unbiased research since the day Jorginho signed before coming to your conclusion.

swiz123:

Remember, Lampard paired him at times with Mount and Havertz as double 8 when Kante was injured. Sometimes Mount and Kovacic. Mount hardly maintains his position and I remember Peter Drury saying that Mount plays so high up the pitch leaving his position exposed for runners during counters. Let's not talk about Kovacic lack of positional awareness or low response. TT brought the right approach and everyone is breathing fresh air. After all, a coach's responsibility is to maximum his player's strength and hide their weaknesses

Yet you will be the first to call for Havertz to play no10 in a 4-2-3-1, turning Jorginho into a weak link again.

TT parked bus around Jorginho. He is still the same useless Jorginho.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2021
BlueAngel444:
italy play 6 2 1 abi angry or Sarri does? undecided if Ibime spits you self will swallow, why can't Tuchel bench Jorginho and play Kante and Kovacic in the midfield role?
For tactical reason. Kante and Kovacic are roamers(if there is any word like that) so he had no option than to go with the only CDM in the team, not that he is too good. Why do you think we are going for either Tchouameni or rice. We need a sitting CDM that’s strong and technical along side Kante if we want to win the league.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2021
Ibime:

Italy also sat very deep, and played with 3 defensive midfielders.

Jorginho is still a weak link.

Quote me anyday.
story for the frogs, you repeat this stuff like a broken unsold record. Italy say deep not because of their OLD men in CB, Jorginho can't play half way line because of some crap even if Jorginho plays deep he won't still out run his muscle capacity. That's why ever time Jorginho plays forward up the pitch you immediately close your eyes and imagine the game with the sounds you hear. Well done. Stop singing like a canary and congratulate the boss, Jorginho
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:27am On Aug 20, 2021
patrickmuf:

You've said it all.

Jorginho, the only playmaker in the world that forces his team to play defensive football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:29am On Aug 20, 2021
hensben:
For tactical reason. Kante and Kovacic are roamers(if there is any word like that) so he had no option than to go with the only CDM in the team, not that he is too good. Why do you think we are going for either Tchouameni or rice.
WTF is roamers, when what is called a box to box would do.

Kante is a CDM, he played it for Leicester, played it for Chelsea and for France.

You think Tchoumane or Rice don't push and progress the ball up the pitch, the difference is none can actually function as a deep laying playmaker. There are pirlos and there are Yorkish pirlos. That doesn't change that they are defensive midfielders
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:30am On Aug 20, 2021
Ibime:

You've said it all.

Jorginho, the only playmaker in the world that forces his team to play defensive football.
like the one Napoli, Italy and Chelsea play right?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:34am On Aug 20, 2021
Exonerate1:

don't mind the extent Ibime would go, now more minions call him weak link yet no manager benches him even though there are so called better options. Heck they threw his favorite Hojberger into CM role to place Jorginho in DM in Euros XI

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 8:34am On Aug 20, 2021
TheLequte:

I swear down. Everyone was dishing it to APSports. Dayo na strongman in defeat

Dayo's tenacity is legendary

(1) (2) (3) ... (12279) (12280) (12281) (12282) (12283) (12284) (12285) ... (19432) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.