Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,892 members, 7,863,050 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10741999 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12314) (12315) (12316) (12317) (12318) (12319) (12320) ... (19412) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 8:52am On Aug 26, 2021
BlueMann:
Na wa o...our own is about to win the UEFA Men's Player of the Season - the first time, too - yet we can't even be supportive. It's his own fans that are nitpicking errors and flaws in his game, not even rival fans again.

It be your own people sometimes.

Well Jorginho will win the award, and it will choke cheesy

He has my support because he plays for my club.
He put in his best in all his performances even though he lacks grit & he's slow, but his leadership & goodwill for the club is unrivalled.
He rejected a move to Man city, who at that time were playing the best football to join Chelsea.
He's passionate about the club & i love that about him but Ngolo Kante would have been more deserving.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:53am On Aug 26, 2021
BlueMann:
Na wa o...our own is about to win the UEFA Men's Player of the Season - the first time, too - yet we can't even be supportive. It's his own fans that are nitpicking errors and flaws in his game, not even rival fans again.

The icing on the cake will be Chelsea winning the double or EPL this season and Jorginho starring in majority of the games played. Honestly Uncle Ibime has been chopping L this year but as a stubborn elder he will always find a way to wriggle himself out of the L-soup.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:59am On Aug 26, 2021
BlueMann:

noticed that people here pride themselves at being right particularly as records are kept to be used to point out flaws in your judgment in the future cheesy

They will find any angle to maintain an agenda against a player they deem unfit, I don't think jorginho winning it makes ibime's argument wrong

If you ask me, I will say jorginho is in the top 5 list for our best defensive midfielders, particularly as he mostly uses intellect not brute force like most

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2021
Like I do say football is 70% mental and 30% physical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stkWJHGwhzs

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:13am On Aug 26, 2021
Unlimited22:
This UEFA seeding and pot system dey amuse me at times.
Lille, inter, Villarreal and Sporting dey pot 1, but PSG, Manyoo, Madrid, Barcelona dey pot 2?
very amusing. I saw the club rankings yesterday and I was amused to see that we had more points for our europa win than Liverpool had for their UCL win. How can Europa and Champion league have the same points ranking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:13am On Aug 26, 2021
Trevor012:

Lille ..... league winners
Inter..... league winners
Villarreal.....Europa league winners
Sporting...... league winners.

Psg......2nd
Man u.....2nd
Madrid.....2nd etc

League winners and Cup winners are always in Pot1.
I know how the system works. Im just saying it amuses me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:15am On Aug 26, 2021
swarley75:
League Champion of their respective Countries, if you want to be in pot 1 win the league of your country or the champions league
I know how the system works. It's just at times not really representative of team quality. Like Now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2021
Unlimited22:

I know how the system works. Im just saying it amuses me.

How would it amuse you when these small clubs beat the big ones to their respective league titles last season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swarley75(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2021
Unlimited22:

I know how the system works. It's just at times not really representative of team quality. Like Now.
You are right, I have a feeling we may get PSG or Juventus
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:28am On Aug 26, 2021
Roland17:
One game I will like to see make a come back is the Football All Star Game. Remember when we used to have African All Stars vs European All Stars, World All Stars vs Europe All Stars?

While the above version may be difficult to coordinate, I think an All Star competition between the big 5, EPL/ La Liga/ Bundesliga/ Serie A/ Ligue 1 will be wonderful for TV.

What do you guys think?

It is long overdue, that is what the football governing body should look at to kill off the idea of super league by perez.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2021
Amoto94:
Like I do say football is 70% mental and 30% physical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stkWJHGwhzs
when I said that running aimlessly up and down is pointless they called it passion and effort, said that I don't know anything cheesy

I saw this video when it first came out, hopefully after watching it, your appreciation for havertz goes to another level

The best players think so far ahead of players around them, they make the game look so easy, havertz's assist for Hudson Odoi against city comes to mind, out of nothing, he made that

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 9:32am On Aug 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Give credit to whom it is due. I don't hate Jog-in-hoe.
Ngolo Kante won 3 man of the man awards in the run in of our triumph. Who else better deserve it , if not him?
How would you feel; as a first class graduate, a potential overall BGS but robbed of that award cos you don't belong to a religious sect or your second runner-up up with 0.02 CGPA lesser than yours was awarded cos she's sleeping with the VC?
The two highlighted scenarios you pointed out here does not really portray the situation that actually happened. Was there any critarium did uefa use to pick Joginho that Kante lacks? (both played ucl and euro) Everyone knows Kante was phenomenon to the quest of our ucl triumph, (likewise every other players) but it is only Joginho that won both ucl and euro which gives him better CGPA cheesy ahead of Kante.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:34am On Aug 26, 2021
pamcode:
very amusing. I saw the club rankings yesterday and I was amused to see that we had more points for our europa win than Liverpool had for their UCL win. How can Europa and Champion league have the same points ranking?
probably the performance in the competition, Chelsea ran through Europa like a bulldozer, wins, goals, accommulates points
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2021
swarley75:
You are right, I have a feeling we may get PSG or Juventus
how about Barcelona
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:37am On Aug 26, 2021
popizaino:

It is long overdue, that is what the football governing body should look at to kill off the idea of super league by perez.
Ya if they do it at the end of every season

EPL XI vs La liga XI, or UEFA XI vs FIFA XI

cc Ronald17
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2021
Roland17:
One game I will like to see make a come back is the Football All Star Game. Remember when we used to have African All Stars vs European All Stars, World All Stars vs Europe All Stars?

While the above version may be difficult to coordinate, I think an All Star competition between the big 5, EPL/ La Liga/ Bundesliga/ Serie A/ Ligue 1 will be wonderful for TV.

What do you guys think?
I think they stopped it in Pes/efootball too
I remember that time my friends and I will select world class players to play against each other.
Them say if 2 elephants fight na grass they suffer cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 9:44am On Aug 26, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Ya if they do it at the end of every season

EPL XI vs La liga XI, or UEFA XI vs FIFA XI

cc Ronald17
I think d last time UEFA XI vs FIFA XI played was in 2006 and the game ended 6:3. (FIFA Won)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2021
macjireh:

oga 38x3=114,,where will d 16 additional points come from?? cool

grin grin
Raumdeuter no get sense.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:52am On Aug 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Banter aside, don't put this lad alongside Raphael Varane in the same sentence . Head edge pass nose.
Raphael is a legend of the game with so many laurels to his name.
Just say we hope to get a good deal & the player turn out to be a decent player for Chelsea.

Does "legend" have another meaning in football that I don't know of?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2021
Varane the fraud��
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2021
Amoto94:

The icing on the cake will be Chelsea winning the double or EPL this season and Jorginho starring in majority of the games played. Honestly Uncle Ibime has been chopping L this year but as a stubborn elder he will always find a way to wriggle himself out of the L-soup.

grin grin grin

You no get respect for elder.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2021
MorataFC:
I think d last time UEFA XI vs FIFA XI played was in 2006 and the game ended 6:3. (FIFA Won)
then they merged the awards into Fifa balon d'or and we never got to see Messi and Ronaldo in the same team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2021
I can only imagine the "I told you so" that will flood this street if, by mistake, KDB win this player of the year.

I never wan talk. Make them confirm winner first, and make e be J5.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2021
Player no good, player no good but every coach dey feature am for starting XI.

Is it that Jorginho is more important that the team tactics that coaches will set up the team "to protect him"? Why not just bench him and play your tactics freely?

Kante, Kovacic, Verratti, Locatelli, etc is helping the liability called Jorginho. Why will the coaches bother to play the liabilti every game, and from time to time, sub off those players who help him? It makes zero sense.

Sarri, Pep, Tuchel, Mancini must be fools to value a player being exposed in Nairaland week in week out.

Can't score goal. Can't assist. Can't play forward pass. Slow as snail. Runs an Escourt service..... But yet tactical geniuses like Tuchel and Mancini plays him regularly, even ditching their preferred formations to accommodate him.

Juju must be real las las....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nilon: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2021
MorataFC:
I remember that match, I was in mama's womb then. Zidane mesmerized dida tire
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swarley75(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2021
BlueAngel444:
how about Barcelona
We will top Barcelona if we are drawn in the same group

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:27am On Aug 26, 2021
Roland17:

What do you guys think?
It will be nothing more than a glorified friendly and the players and team won't take it seriously so it's useless. The football schedule worldwide is already filled and hectic as it is with too much matches and your brilliant idea is to even add more games to it Bravo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2021
swarley75:
We will top Barcelona if we are drawn in the same group
Joseph the dreamer. I just dey wait for Liverpool to flog una on Saturday cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nilon: 10:28am On Aug 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I think they stopped it in Pes/efootball too
I remember that time my friends and I will select world class players to play against each other.
Them say if 2 elephants fight na grass they suffer cheesy
It was PES 2 what we called winning eleven. World XI vs UEFA XI
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2021
Trevor012:

Joseph the dreamer. I just dey wait for Liverpool to flog una on Saturday cheesy cheesy cheesy

As a Man Utd fan, who will you support on Saturday?

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TheLequte: 10:40am On Aug 26, 2021
I heard Mason Mount had an open play assist last weekend.

If Havertz wasn't on the bench he'd have scored an hatrick. Like he did in the opening weekend.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:44am On Aug 26, 2021
BlueMann:

You are looking at award and bragging rights, I am looking at the future of the club. An award for an undeserving player who is not top 5 in Chelsea players in any season he has played only comes with future traps - him getting a long term contract at a salary befitting of a UEFA Men's POTY etc, carrying a liability forward that you have to live with for the next few years and cannot shift easily to another club, just because he had a lucky summer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12314) (12315) (12316) (12317) (12318) (12319) (12320) ... (19412) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: YoungB1a(m), lordfalcao(m), afrodoc2, BlueAngel444, Segedinho(m), monerozi5590, akwesenana and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.