Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11216187 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12315) (12316) (12317) (12318) (12319) (12320) (12321) ... (19963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2021
Ibime:

You are looking at award and bragging rights, I am looking at the future of the club. An award for an undeserving player who is not top 5 in Chelsea players in any season he has played only comes with future traps - him getting a long term contract at a salary befitting of a UEFA Men's POTY etc, carrying a liability forward that you have to live with for the next few years and cannot shift easily to another club, just because he had a lucky summer.
Boss, you're really, really intelligent, and I value your opinions, and I won't presume to tell you what to do, but I just think you should pick Another hill to die on.
You tend to do this thing where you totally write off some players no matter how good they can be in spades. No matter whether there's improvement from when you first formed your opinion. No matter the strengths they have that make coaches select them. See for example your constant denigration of Ramires and Mikel.
Anyways it's a win for Chelsea if he wins. You should see it as such.

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 10:54am On Aug 26, 2021
timbros:
Player no good, player no good but every coach dey feature am for starting XI.

Is it that Jorginho is more important that the team tactics that coaches will set up the team "to protect him"? Why not just bench him and play your tactics freely?

Kante, Kovacic, Verratti, Locatelli, etc is helping the liability called Jorginho. Why will the coaches bother to play the liabilti every game, and from time to time, sub off those players who help him? It makes zero sense.

Sarri, Pep, Tuchel, Mancini must be fools to value a player being exposed in Nairaland week in week out.

Can't score goal. Can't assist. Can't play forward pass. Slow as snail. Runs an Escourt service..... But yet tactical geniuses like Tuchel and Mancini plays him regularly, even ditching their preferred formations to accommodate him.

Juju must be real las las....
It can only be juju grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 10:56am On Aug 26, 2021
Trevor012:

Joseph the dreamer. I just dey wait for Liverpool to flog una on Saturday cheesy cheesy cheesy
This man. L no dey taya you?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:31am On Aug 26, 2021
timbros:
Player no good, player no good but every coach dey feature am for starting XI.

Is it that Jorginho is more important that the team tactics that coaches will set up the team "to protect him"? Why not just bench him and play your tactics freely?

Kante, Kovacic, Verratti, Locatelli, etc is helping the liability called Jorginho. Why will the coaches bother to play the liabilti every game, and from time to time, sub off those players who help him? It makes zero sense.

Sarri, Pep, Tuchel, Mancini must be fools to value a player being exposed in Nairaland week in week out.

Can't score goal. Can't assist. Can't play forward pass. Slow as snail. Runs an Escourt service..... But yet tactical geniuses like Tuchel and Mancini plays him regularly, even ditching their preferred formations to accommodate him.

Juju must be real las las....

Walahi juju is real,let's assume in a school of about 160 students in jss2 with 40 students in each arm of jss2 A, jss2 B, Jss3 C, jss 2 D. [/b]Take jorginho to be in [b]jss2 D. He came 6th position among the 40 students in his own class and when it was time to compute the overall result the 6th position from jss2 D became the 1st overall among the 160 students. Tell me no be juju be that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2021
Unlimited22:

Boss, you're really, really intelligent, and I value your opinions, and I won't presume to tell you what to do, but I just think you should pick Another hill to die on.
You tend to do this thing where you totally write off some players no matter how good they can be in spades. No matter whether there's improvement from when you first formed your opinion. No matter the strengths they have that make coaches select them. See for example your constant denigration of Ramires and Mikel.

Don't forget Drogba. Ibime constantly derogated and hated Drogba. Drogba kept serving ibime LLL's back to back until he eventually saw the light.
Again, nobody is perfect but you have to acknowledge when you've goofed. At this point, it's just ridiculous seeing ibimes hate on jorginho.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2021
BlueAngel444:
probably the performance in the competition, Chelsea ran through Europa like a bulldozer, wins, goals, accommulates points
I understand. What I am trying to pass across is that they should earn the same points. If a win in the cl is 3 then a win in europa should be 1.5 or at most 2
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2021
donjazet:

Don't forget Drogba. Ibime constantly derogated and hated Drogba. Drogba kept serving ibime LLL's back to back until he eventually saw the light.
Again, nobody is perfect but you have to acknowledge when you've goofed. At this point, it's just ridiculous seeing ibimes hate on jorginho.
grin
Honestly as a fan I'll so love to be swallowingthis type of L. An L that's beneficial to my club? I go swallow am like hot eba.

Meanwhile that your previous post ehn grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2021
Unlimited22:

grin
Honestly as a fan I'll so love to be swallowingthis type of L. An L that's beneficial to my club? I go swallow am like hot eba.

Meanwhile that your previous post ehn grin

Nna, me sef shock with the massive popularity of the post. I wake up dey see 32 likes and 13 shares. shocked
I think that alone is enough to even validate my point further that a very vast majority of Chelsea fans are happy to see our player win such an important award.
We may have differences of opinions about our players but when they are being recognized at the pinnacle of football. All true Chelsea fans can only band and unite behind our players. Being wise and mature demands this.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:58am On Aug 26, 2021
Unlimited22:

What happened to Mikel and Ramires? Did they go on to build the future of Chelsea or lead us into disasters and had to be replaced.

I don't like snail DMs. You will never get me to like snail DMs. That's like asking Mourinho to play without a big target man at no9. Everyone has their tactical preference, it's not matter of intelligence.

Jogginghoe will come back to haunt and I will be here to dig him out like I did with Mikel and Ramires. Mind you I only started digging.Mikel in 2012 AFTER the UCL final so it's not like I was digging Mikel and he proved me wrong. He proved me right infact. I was OK with Mikel when Chelsea played low block but not after we bought MaZaCar to play high block. This is not matter of accepting L. A weakness is a weakness and a tactical preference is a tactical preference. If you like parking bus to protect a snail that's up to you. I don't.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2021
Roland17:
One game I will like to see make a come back is the Football All Star Game. Remember when we used to have African All Stars vs European All Stars, World All Stars vs Europe All Stars?

While the above version may be difficult to coordinate, I think an All Star competition between the big 5, EPL/ La Liga/ Bundesliga/ Serie A/ Ligue 1 will be wonderful for TV.

What do you guys think?

Think it will be a good idea. I remember the 1997 version where Africa beat Europe 2-1
but who will organize it?
Uefa?
Club owners will kick against any additional games for their players that increase their chances of injuries

Imagine Haaland signed for 200m and gets injured at an exhibition match

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Give credit to whom it is due. I don't hate Jog-in-hoe.
Ngolo Kante won 3 man of the man awards in the run in of our triumph. Who else better deserve it , if not him?
How would you feel; as a first class graduate, a potential overall BGS but robbed of that award cos you don't belong to a religious sect or your second runner-up up with 0.02 CGPA lesser than yours was awarded cos she's sleeping with the VC?

Are you trying to say awards by votes are polling booth awards? Sorosoke
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
macjireh:

oga 38x3=114,,where will d 16 additional points come from?? cool

Bonus for going without a draw and scoring bucket full
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2021
popizaino:

Walahi juju is real,let's assume in a school of about 120 students in jss2 with 40 students in each arm of jss2 A, jss2 B, Jss3 C, jss 2 D. [/b]Take jorginho to be in [b]jss2 D. He came 6th position among the 40 students in his own class and when it was time to compute the overall result the 6th position from jss2 D became the 1st overall among the 120 students. Tell me no be juju be that?

which kind of mathematics be dis?
40 students in each of 4 classes equls to 120?
cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2021
If Super League Campaigners can take up the Challenge, I believe UEFA and Co won't go against it. At least its gonna be a Win Win for all.

A mini (Super) League for best Players in top 6 Leagues in Europe won't be bad. UEFA gonna cash out, top 6 Leagues gonna cash out as well.

Cc Roland17
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2021
swarley75:
We will top Barcelona if we are drawn in the same group
hopefully chelsea avoid PSG all through
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
Never knew Lukaku was signed to Rocnation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2021
Oasis007:
If Super League Campaigners can take up the Challenge, I believe UEFA and Co won't go against it. At least its gonna be a Win Win for all.

A mini (Super) League for best Players in top 6 Leagues in Europe won't be bad. UEFA gonna cash out, top 6 Leagues gonna cash out as well.

Cc Roland17
It's called the Champions league already.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
We should follow Psg and sign a contract with Jordan brand. Those guys produce top notch merchandise and jerseys for Psg unlike the once we have.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
Capaldi:

It's called the Champions league already.

Best League Players not best League Clubs...... eg

PL XI vs Ligue 1 XI
La Liga XI vs Serie A XI
Bayern Liga XI vs Primera Liga XI

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
Oasis007:

Best League Players not best League Clubs...... eg

PL XI vs Ligue 1 XI
La Liga XI vs Serie A XI
Bayern Liga XI vs Primera Liga XI
That's just waste of time, resources and even extra useless matches for the players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

He has my support because he plays for my club.
He put in his best in all his performances even though he lacks grit & he's slow, but his leadership & goodwill for the club is unrivalled.
He rejected a move to Man city, who at that time were playing the best football to join Chelsea.
He's passionate about the club & i love that about him but Ngolo Kante would have been more deserving.

Kante will win the UCL midfielder of the season, while J5 will win the Men's Player of the Year. I think it's fairer that way.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2021
popizaino:

Walahi juju is real,let's assume in a school of about 120 students in jss2 with 40 students in each arm of jss2 A, jss2 B, Jss3 C, jss 2 D. [/b]Take jorginho to be in [b]jss2 D. He came 6th position among the 40 students in his own class and when it was time to compute the overall result the 6th position from jss2 D became the 1st overall among the 120 students. Tell me no be juju be that?

If I tell you say I get a single idea how this your analogy take relate wetin I post, I be dishonest liar.

Who be the 40 students? Wetin be the classes A to D? How Jorginho take be 6th? How 40 students for each class equal 120 students for 4 classes? Too many question marks for this your analogy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MercylessMercy: 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
Capaldi:

That's just waste of time, resources and even extra useless matches for the players.

Seconded
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2021
Ebukacute:

It can only be juju grin

My brother....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2021
timbros:

If I tell you say I get a single idea how this your analogy take relate wetin I post, I be dishonest liar.

Who be the 40 students? Wetin be the classes A to D? How Jorginho take be 6th? How 40 students for each class equal 120 students for 4 classes? Too many question marks for this your analogy.
I think he simply means Jorginho is not a top5 player for Chelsea or Italy so how come he is winning best player in Europe if not juju. I might be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2021
Rooting for Jorgs and Kante.

If both wins, awesome!

If one win, awesome!

Life no too hard like that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2021
Coming up next

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2021
Ibime:

What happened to Mikel and Ramires? Did they go on to build the future of Chelsea or lead us into disasters and had to be replaced.

I don't like snail DMs. You will never get me to like snail DMs. That's like asking Mourinho to play without a big target man at no9. Everyone has their tactical preference, it's not matter of intelligence.

Jogginghoe will come back to haunt and I will be here to dig him out like I did with Mikel and Ramires. Mind you I only started digging.Mikel in 2012 AFTER the UCL final so it's not like I was digging Mikel and he proved me wrong. He proved me right infact. I was OK with Mikel when Chelsea played low block but not after we bought MaZaCar to play high block. This is not matter of accepting L. A weakness is a weakness and a tactical preference is a tactical preference. If you like parking bus to protect a snail that's up to you. I don't.

This is you hoping for a "I told you so" moment at the detriment of the club you support.

What is now different from you and Havertz10?

I don't know whether your tactical preference when it comes to Jorginho is better than seasoned coaches who saw it fit "to protect him" just to make sure he is in the pitch. Multiple coaches at that.

Ibime you fall hand here big time.

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
Trevor012:

I think he simply means Jorginho is not a top5 player for Chelsea or Italy so how come he is winning best player in Europe if not juju. I might be wrong.

So who made Jorginho 6th in the class? Which award placed him 6th?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
timbros:

So who made Jorginho 6th in the class?
Which award placed him 6th?
That will be popizaino.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
timbros:

I don't know whether your tactical preference when it comes to Jorginho is better than seasoned coaches who saw it fit "to protect him" just to make sure he is in the pitch. Multiple coaches at that.

Ibime you fall hand here big time.

Consistency in the league will prove whether protecting him by parking bus works consistently. Anyone can park bus to win a tournament with specific preparation and tactical instructions, but parking bus to win 30 out of 38 games is a different kettle of fish.

So far as I see, no Chelsea manager has had a different profile of DM to work with so of course they will do what they have to do with what's available.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
Trevor012:

That will be popizaino.
Answer am na

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12315) (12316) (12317) (12318) (12319) (12320) (12321) ... (19963) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amethyst101(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.