Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10582410 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12419) (12420) (12421) (12422) (12423) (12424) (12425) ... (19229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:20am On Sep 13, 2021
thorrvik55:

Everyone knows Lukaku is left footed, them playing together at Manure has absolutely nothing to do with it
I'm referring to the situation that made Lukaku to say that. Btw, he was asked and had to answer. How is that an issue.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:21am On Sep 13, 2021
hensben:
He is 21 and this is epl. But I think he doesn’t have foot work with the ball, no speed and he is predictable.
He was 21, abeg make una no dey use the same narratives
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
He was 21, abeg make una no dey use the same narratives
Yeah he was 21 now 22.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:24am On Sep 13, 2021
amodu:
Reece James assisted Lukaku's first goal against Arsenal, James scored in that same match.

Mateo Kovacic assisted Lukaku's second goal against Aston Villa, Kovacic scored in that match.

The rush to assist Romelu Lukaku is on. Assist him and you're assured of a goal.

The Big Rom!
maybe Havertz would have scored if he assisted Lukaku cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2021
macjireh:

funny enof there has not been any goal contribution by havertz dat lukaku scored,,rather d reverse is d case.. especially d havertz goal against Liverpool came bkos lukaku drew defenders to himself
you watched that where? Lukaku had no involvement in havertz's goal, it was james, rudigar and azpi that aided his goal, lukaku that was even shocked that it was a goal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:33am On Sep 13, 2021
Catfishing:

What happened to Sachet water? I thought he is the best thing after Beckham undecided
flesh did not reveal this to you cheesy, united went from Sanchez to Sancho, from Sachet to Sachet

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:36am On Sep 13, 2021
Catfishing:
The scummy above this post deserves zero response.....starve him of the attention he so much seeks wink
you mean like how everyone ignores his nonsense on "4 lions" amd jealousy, I mean how can someone be dating Beyonce and be jealous of one that has Rachel Oniga
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
when we get set of people way go criticize mount because he is not flashy enough but praise Havertz because of a simple flick. or Jorginho because he cost us a match or made few mistakes but will support a player whose first season as DM cost his teams far more points and lost them far more games that he has been banned in both club, country and UEFA XI from DM position.

I won't be surprised if Tuchel plays a 3-5-2 with mount in midfield and Werner and Lukaku up front against Zenit
Honourable grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
you mean like how everyone ignores his nonsense on "4 lions" amd jealousy, I mean how can someone be dating Beyonce and be jealous of one that has Rachel Oniga
Lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2021
tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:39am On Sep 13, 2021
hensben:
I think Akpororo is better than Hudson Odoi. I love his forceful play on the wing.
they don't play the same position, you no go compare player way back done dey play left wing and even with his struggles we managed him to who barely plays as a RWB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:41am On Sep 13, 2021
Bartosz Frankowski from Poland will referee Chelsea vs Zenit tomorrow

- 1 UCL Game in his career- 6 Yellow Cards.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:41am On Sep 13, 2021
erusen:
the hatred for havertzbin this forum is really something else,look at the upvotes for this comment ���.Any way Sha I don't think any body reasonable should expect havertz to be better than Bruno NOW,one dey e prime the other na 21 years old,so if you want to diss havertz compare him with someone is "class".bruno is not half the player havertz is at 21
Ibime was trolling "niggas" not hating on havertz

Hate is what u guys do on Mount, if him pull shirt wahala, if he kisses his GF problem, if he jugs without his shirt oh my God... If he doesn't play mention, if he plays mention.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 13, 2021
MorataFC:
Bartosz Frankowski from Poland will referee Chelsea vs Zenit tomorrow

- 1 UCL Game in his career- 6 Yellow Cards.

Bloody shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:46am On Sep 13, 2021
Catfishing:

Bloody shocked
That ref na animasahun, the cheerful giver grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:46am On Sep 13, 2021
erusen:
the hatred for havertzbin this forum is really something else,look at the upvotes for this comment ���.Any way Sha I don't think any body reasonable should expect havertz to be better than Bruno NOW,one dey e prime the other na 21 years old,so if you want to diss havertz compare him with someone is "class".bruno is not half the player havertz is at 21
its the reality of the situation, their opinions pulsate and are mostly fueled by agenda

The slander havertz got on this thread, was unbearable at one point, i had to plaster gifs everyday to explain the guy to the few that were willing to be open minded, most only assume based on his body language but they forget that its that behaviour that makes him special, he lost the ball 7 times, ziyech lost it 23 times but havertz gets dragged, guy moves like a ghost and is very deadly if you play to his tune, havertz is a player that you can only like if you understand, he is smooth, fast and very clever, anybody that watched the euros particularly games vs Portugal, England and still has doubts about his abilities is mad, havertz also dominated city in that final but they want him to trap the ball and dribble like hazard, players aren't all the same, I have no doubts about havertz and personally I want them to drag him, so they can all look even more stupid eventually

Havertz himself said he can do so many skills but he doesn't like doing it unless its necessary, uses his skill set efficiently to accomplish something

His own words

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2021
Havertz10:
you watched that where? Lukaku had no involvement in havertz's goal, it was james, rudigar and azpi that aided his goal, lukaku that was even shocked that it was a goal

BlueAngel444:
maybe Havertz would have scored if he assisted Lukaku cheesy

wat I meant is,,lukaku's presence in d box made it easy for havertz to move unmarked..lukaku was marked by about 4defenders making it easy for havertz.... it was an indirect or passive involvement from lukaku
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2021
macjireh:

wat I meant is,,lukaku's presence in d box made it easy for havertz to move unmarked..lukaku was marked by about 4defenders making it easy for havertz.... it was an indirect or passive involvement from lukaku
you don't know what you are talking about, Liverpool use zonal marking, lukaku wasn't pulling anyone, it's how Liverpool defends, there is a reason that sequence was used that day
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 8:57am On Sep 13, 2021
Havertz10:
you don't know what you are talking about, Liverpool use zonal marking, lukaku wasn't pulling anyone, it's how Liverpool defends, there is a reason that sequence was used that day
and they chose to "zonal mark" lukaku abi....so wats d difference BTW wat I said and urs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2021
Actman05:

He has good movements, he creates space for others, he makes himself available for passes but .......

zeusis:

Timo miss compilation suppose don reach 5 hours
Timo may not score but he is a great assets to any team

Lukaku on his second goal against Villa:

"I think I have to give a lot of credit for Timo because Timo created a lot of space for me. As soon as he created the space to run in behind the two defenders I had a lot of time, the touch was good and the finish was just clinical."
Catfishing:

Timo creates space but people seem to activate their lens on his mistakes and hide it whenever his movement profits the team.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2021
MorataFC:

Timo may not score but he is a great assets to any team

Lukaku on his second goal against Villa:

"I think I have to give a lot of credit for Timo because Timo created a lot of space for me. As soon as he created the space to run in behind the two defenders I had a lot of time, the touch was good and the finish was just clinical."
grin grin which great asset mtcheeew. Its normal for top 9's to make runs

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2021
zeusis:

grin grin which great asset mtcheeew. Its normal for top 9's to make runs

Werner is a disgrace. I don't buy any bullshit excuse guys here makes for him.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2021
swiz123:

Werner is a disgrace. I don't buy any bullshit excuse guys here makes for him.

Funny how the bars are set so low for Werner grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2021
erusen:

We didn't pay £75m for when he is 28 and probably left on a free transfer to Bayern. We paid £75m for now.

Claiming Bruno wasn't at this level at 21 is neither here nor there. Drogba was a scrub till 24 while Anelka was a star at 19. Fernandes has been in top-flight reckoning for the same 4 years as Havertz has. Havertz fanboys did not remember age difference when they were trolling Fernandes during Euros, now they are crying when the tyres hit the road. Nobody will sign Mbappe for megamillions and claim he is still 21 so should be excused. Put your goals on the table niggas. This is not a development project. I repeat, this is not a development project!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:49am On Sep 13, 2021
Ibime:

We didn't pay £75m for when he is 28 and probably left on a free transfer to Bayern. We paid £75m for now.

Claiming Bruno wasn't at this level at 21 is neither here nor there. Drogba was a scrub till 24 while Anelka was a star at 19. Fernandes has been in top-flight reckoning for the same 4 years as Havertz has. Nobody will sign Mbappe for megamillions and claim he is still 21 so should be excused. Put your goals on the table niggas. This is not a development project. I repeat, this is not a development project!
Baba you paid for his potential in 3 to 4yrs time not for now. Nobody pay big bucks for a teenager or those in Early twenties (20/21) for their current ability alone. It's always for the long term. Nor dey cap sir cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shukusheka(m): 11:01am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
they don't play the same position, you no go compare player way back done dey play left wing and even with his struggles we managed him to who barely plays as a RWB
They play the same position, RWB isn't Odoi's natural position. To be honest, aside for crossing, I don't see what Odoi does better than Vinicius.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2021
Havertz10:
its the reality of the situation, their opinions pulsate and are mostly fueled by agenda

The slander havertz got on this thread, was unbearable at one point, i had to plaster gifs everyday to explain the guy to the few that were willing to be open minded, most only assume based on his body language but they forget that its that behaviour that makes him special, he lost the ball 7 times, ziyech lost it 23 times but havertz gets dragged, guy moves like a ghost and is very deadly if you play to his tune, havertz is a player that you can only like if you understand, he is smooth, fast and very clever, anybody that watched the euros particularly games vs Portugal, England and still has doubts about his abilities is mad, havertz also dominated city in that final but they want him to trap the ball and dribble like hazard, players aren't all the same, I have no doubts about havertz and personally I want them to drag him, so they can all look even more stupid eventually

Havertz himself said he can do so many skills but he doesn't like doing it unless its necessary, uses his skill set efficiently to accomplish something

His own words

Given how you talked about being specific with Havertz flaws the last time,one would have at least expected you to be specific about what i said about him before throwing your empty shots.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
I didn't want to say this on Saturday because I wanted to really enjoy our victory. But it has to be said that it didn't sit right with me seeing that 100ft banner of mason mount in the stands which the club unfurled.
Such banners are unfurled for players who have reached a certain status with the club (legendary), but it seems that a section or certain individuals within the club are desperate to make mason mount the face of Chelsea football club and that is my grouse.
Does he really deserve such an honor YET? What has he done separately from the rest of the players?? On what ground is he being singled out as special?? Why elevate him above the rest.

Is it because he is an academy player?? Then what about Reece James, Hudson odoi, Andreas Christensen. Some of who were arguably more instrumental to the club than him. Why does it always have to be the local white boy that is singled out and not the rest? Why didn't they make it like "a class of 2015" or something??

Is it his performance?? Lol cheesy cheesy let's not even go there. His stats for the club so far are very mediocre for an attacker of a big club. I don't actually fault him here. I believe he is developing and as such still has time to improve and start giving us at least a 30 Goals\assists season. But that's the thing, he isn't there yet. So why single him out.

You guys should get this, it's okay for our players to be acknowledged and appreciated but unfurling a 100ft banner goes beyond this. It's a whole different level. It's usually done as a cementing of legendary status. It's something that is done for a very few players and I do not believe that Mason mount deserves that honor yet.

If our captain of this modern era, Cesar Azpilicueta who got to be who he is and where he is by virtue of hardwork, consistency, durability and versatility hasn't got his own banner, then why mason mount?
If our own vice captain, jorginho who has just become the European best player (the first for us) and a top 4 balond'or nominee didn't have a banner, then why mason mount?
Please note that this is not a complaint of Mason mount or a direct comparison with any other player. I recognize that mount has no control over who plans or unveils his banner. I'm calling out the powers that be who made this move. I believe it's a terrible agenda being peddled by a group who is desperate to sell this player as the face of our club. The ones who award him the player of the year when he is obviously not. The influencers who want to overhype his abilities most especially when he hasn't started living up to it.

Again, I do hope and pray he eventually becomes one of the best in the world in his position. One we can all proudly call our own but he isn't yet which is why these moves are premature. All these could even end up having adverse effects on the player vis a vis an overinflated ego or an overwhelming feeling of self importance and being untouchable, not to talk of potential squad disharmony. Of course, these are purely assumptions but we've seen where these kind of things are only catalysts for problems.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DeadPresidents: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
What’s wrong with showing a lil appreciation? For that assist alone in the CL final, Mount should get a fackin statue just outside the bridge.

And not just Stamford, the one straddling the Thames grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
DeadPresidents:
What’s wrong with showing a lil appreciation? For that assist alone in the CL final, Mount should get a fackin statue just outside the bridge.

And not just Stamford, the one straddling the Thames grin

Unfurling a 100 feet banner is not a "lil" appreciation. Mounts efforts in our champion's league was not unique to what others did, so why the excess "appreciation".

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:
I didn't want to say this on Saturday because I wanted to really enjoy our victory. But it has to be said that it didn't sit right with me seeing that 100ft banner of mason mount in the stands which the club unfurled.
Such banners are unfurled for players who have reached a certain status with the club (legendary), but it seems that a section or certain individuals within the club are desperate to make mason mount the face of Chelsea football club and that is my grouse.
Does he really deserve such an honor YET? What has he done separately from the rest of the players?? On what ground is he being singled out as special??

Is it because he is an academy player?? Then what about Reece James, Hudson odoi, Andreas Christensen. Some of who were arguably more instrumental to the club than him. Why does it have to be the local white boy that is singled out and not the rest? Why didn't they make it like "a class of 2015" or something??

Is it his performance?? Lol cheesy cheesy let's not even go there. His stats for the club so far are very mediocre for an attacker of a big club. I don't actually fault him here. I believe he is developing and as such still has time to improve and start giving us at least a 30 Goals\assists season. But that's the thing, he isn't there yet. So why single him out.

You guys should get this, it's okay for our players too be acknowledged and appreciated but unfurling a 100ft banner goes beyond this. It's whole different level. It's usually done as a cementing of legendary status. It's something that is done for a very few players and I do not believe that Mason mount deserves that honor yet.

If our captain of this modern era, Cesar Azpilicueta who got to be who he is and where he is by virtue of hardwork, consistency, durability and versatility hasn't got his own banner, then why mason mount?
If our own vice captain, jorginho who has just become the European best player (the first for us) and a top 4 balond'or nominee didn't have a banner, then why mason mount?
Please note that this is not a complaint of Mason mount or a direct comparison with any other player. I recognize that mount has no control over who plans or unveils his banner. I'm calling out the powers that be who made this move. I believe it's a terrible agenda being peddled by a group who is desperate to sell this player as the face of our club. The ones who award him the player of the year when he is obviously not. The influencers who want to overhype his abilities most especially when he hasn't started living up to it.

Again, I do hope and pray he eventually becomes one of the best in the world in his position. One we can all proudly call our own but he isn't yet which is why these moves are premature. All these could even end up having adverse effects on the player vis a vis an overinflated ego or an overwhelming feeling of self importance and being untouchable, not to talk of potential squad disharmony. Of course, these are purely assumptions but we've seen where these kind of things are only catalysts for problems.
Who told you the bold and have you been to Stamford bridge before?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
Capaldi:

Who told you the bold and have you been to Stamford bridge before?
Don't just ask silly questions. Show me similar banners of other players.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12419) (12420) (12421) (12422) (12423) (12424) (12425) ... (19229) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueAngel444, hatakekakashi and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.