Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,449 members, 7,836,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10625819 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12420) (12421) (12422) (12423) (12424) (12425) (12426) ... (19271) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
Some fans use their own money to do a banner for a player they like and you are crying and pissing your pant ?? Wtf

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:

Don't just ask silly questions. Show me similar banners of other players.
It's a simple question. Who told you that?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:

Unfurling a 100 feet banner is not a "lil" appreciation. Mounts efforts in our champion's league was not unique to what others did, so why the excess "appreciation".
so u want someone to tell u d king has farted abi....Mount is English daz d explanation.... oda club fans are idolizing their players,,Chelsea fans want to idolize sometin and Mount is available

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2021
DeadPresidents:
What’s wrong with showing a lil appreciation? For that assist alone in the CL final, Mount should get a fackin statue just outside the bridge.

And not just Stamford, the one straddling the Thames grin

That banner is actually no big deal. It’s actually reasonable for a club like Chelshit with no history and hardly any legends to erect an Okorocha-like statue for a club legend like Mason Mount.

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
macjireh:

so u want someone to tell u d king has farted abi....Mount is English daz d explanation.... oda club fans are idolizing their players,,Chelsea fans want to idolize sometin and Mount is available

Then why go overboard?? He doesn't deserve such a rare honor, at least not now. What they did further validates his critics suspicion that the club is desperate to promote him. My issue is that it's not yet certain if he lives up to the hype or not. If willians stay with us has taught us anything, it's that "hardwork" as a forward can only carry you so far, you need the talent and technique to be a world beater. How many games has mount been a game changer for us out of more than 75 games played?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
afrodoc2:

That banner is actually no big deal. It’s actually reasonable for a club like Chelshit with no history and hardly any legends to erect an Okorocha-like statue for a club legend like Mason Mount.

You can mock us all you want. Mount is still better than greenwood. Rashford can only be jealous of mounts medals. tongue tongue tongue

20 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:
I didn't want to say this on Saturday because I wanted to really enjoy our victory. But it has to be said that it didn't sit right with me seeing that 100ft banner of mason mount in the stands which the club unfurled.
Such banners are unfurled for players who have reached a certain status with the club (legendary), but it seems that a section or certain individuals within the club are desperate to make mason mount the face of Chelsea football club and that is my grouse.
Does he really deserve such an honor YET? What has he done separately from the rest of the players?? On what ground is he being singled out as special?? Why elevate him above the rest.

Is it because he is an academy player?? Then what about Reece James, Hudson odoi, Andreas Christensen. Some of who were arguably more instrumental to the club than him. Why does it have to be the local white boy that is singled out and not the rest? Why didn't they make it like "a class of 2015" or something??

Is it his performance?? Lol cheesy cheesy let's not even go there. His stats for the club so far are very mediocre for an attacker of a big club. I don't actually fault him here. I believe he is developing and as such still has time to improve and start giving us at least a 30 Goals\assists season. But that's the thing, he isn't there yet. So why single him out.

You guys should get this, it's okay for our players to be acknowledged and appreciated but unfurling a 100ft banner goes beyond this. It's a whole different level. It's usually done as a cementing of legendary status. It's something that is done for a very few players and I do not believe that Mason mount deserves that honor yet.

If our captain of this modern era, Cesar Azpilicueta who got to be who he is and where he is by virtue of hardwork, consistency, durability and versatility hasn't got his own banner, then why mason mount?
If our own vice captain, jorginho who has just become the European best player (the first for us) and a top 4 balond'or nominee didn't have a banner, then why mason mount?
Please note that this is not a complaint of Mason mount or a direct comparison with any other player. I recognize that mount has no control over who plans or unveils his banner. I'm calling out the powers that be who made this move. I believe it's a terrible agenda being peddled by a group who is desperate to sell this player as the face of our club. The ones who award him the player of the year when he is obviously not. The influencers who want to overhype his abilities most especially when he hasn't started living up to it.

Again, I do hope and pray he eventually becomes one of the best in the world in his position. One we can all proudly call our own but he isn't yet which is why these moves are premature. All these could even end up having adverse effects on the player vis a vis an overinflated ego or an overwhelming feeling of self importance and being untouchable, not to talk of potential squad disharmony. Of course, these are purely assumptions but we've seen where these kind of things are only catalysts for problems.
I donno about this...Alexander Arnold has a mural outside anfield without being the best player in liverpool...both he and Robertson have huge banners unfurled in the kop during games at anfield...Fans are romantics and he as a local kid embody all the values of Liverpool..I don't see anything wrong with mount having his own banner tbh...

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:

Then why go overboard?? He doesn't deserve such a rare honor, at least not now. What they did further validates his critics suspicion that the club is desperate to promote him. My issue is that it's not yet certain if he lives up to the hype or not. If willians stay with us has taught us anything, it's that "hardwork" as a forward can only carry you so far, you need the talent and technique to be a world beater. How many games has mount been a game changer for us out of more than 75 games played?
like I said,, fans want something they can idolize....on d oda hand,,we don't even have any game changer in d attack since hazard left,,,,although we have at d back.... if not for TTs ingenuity,, we would have amounted to nothing last season... if anyone should be idolized at D's stage it should be Tuchel

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
CAPdan21:

I donno about this...Alexander Arnold has a mural outside anfield without being the best player in liverpool...both he and Robertson have huge banners unfurled in the kop during games at anfield...Fans are romantics and he as a local kid embody all the values of Liverpool..I don't see anything wrong with mount having his own banner tbh...

That's even understandable if true. Arnold and Robertson are arguably the best full backs in the game currently. They have undoubtedly proven that. It is logical to honor players who are the best in the world in their positions.
Can you honestly beat your chest and say mount is the best in the world in his position?? grin grin that's the entire point of my argument.
Moreso, a mural is even understandable and as you pointed out, usually both of them are pointed out, not one without the other

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
CAPdan21:

It is only here that random couch sitting fans would be angry that match going fans spent their time and money to make a banner to celebrate a player they like and an academy graduate too. People are weird
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisooblog: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
and Oliver Ballack sef

Obere4u:

From that rule.... Havertz is greater than lots of players.... Even KDB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
macjireh:

like I said,, fans want something they can idolize....on d oda hand,,we don't even have any game changer in d attack since hazard left,,,,although we have at d back.... if not for TTs ingenuity,, we would have amounted to nothing last season... if anyone should be idolized at D's stage it should be Tuchel
I agree with you, which is why I think the banner gesture is an excessive gesture.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
macjireh:

like I said,, fans want something they can idolize....on d oda hand, we don't even have any game changer in d attack since hazard left,,,,although we have at d back.... if not for TTs ingenuity,, we would have amounted to nothing last season... if anyone should be idolized at D's stage it should be Tuchel
see hot fried plantain kiss

Excuse me, you again, where are you getting these informations from?

Havertz was extremely influential in our games against the following teams

Man city, Real Madrid 2nd leg, crystal palace, Everton, not just by goals but his performances, would have added Fulham but I didnt particularly enjoy that performance despite his goals

Nobody can deny that anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
afrodoc2:

You are a Doc but you don't know that you need some psychologist urgently!!!

Mount be living rent free in all you scummies brain....rent free Doc grin

My recommendation doesn't come cheap, but I am just being my brother's keeper wink

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Havertz10:

Man city, Real Madrid 2nd leg, crystal palace, Everton, not just by goals but his performances, would have added Fulham but I didnt particularly enjoy that performance despite his goals

Shut up!!! Kante and Pulisic were the beast against Man shitty and Real Madrid.....Your Havest was just lucky, he was fucking lucky to be in the right place at the fûcking right time....

You are hater of truth and the lover of mediocrity, I would have leave you to your delusional state but you might be a kid just catching cruise with his mama Andriod device....who knows angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
Havertz10:

You kwanu rest with this your havertz agenda. Right now, both of them are on exactly the same level. Of course, except for the fact that one cost us a bucket load of money and the other was nutured naturally by us.
But at the end of the day, both are wildly inconsistent but also showing flashes of brilliance here and there. We just need to stop mounting pressure (pun intended) on them and hope they fully establish their potential.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:

On point. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:

That's even understandable if true. Arnold and Robertson are arguably the best full backs in the game currently. They have undoubtedly proven that. It is logical to honor players who are the best in the world in their positions.
Can you honestly beat your chest and say mount is the best in the world in his position?? grin grin
Moreso, a mural is even understandable and as you pointed out, usually both of them are pointed out, not one without the other
Arnold mural was unveiled after Liverpool won the 2019 CL like mount...the bone of contention is if at that point he had done anything to earn it...why do Van dijk, mane, and Salah not have their own..even origi has a banner to commemorate that famous goal against Barcelona...why should mount as a young talented academy product be begrudged a banner??

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
Catfishing:

Shut up!!! Kante and Pulisic were the beast against Man shitty and Real Madrid.....Your Havest was just lucky, he was fucking lucky to be in the right place at the fûcking right time....

You are hater of truth and the lover of mediocrity, I would have leave you to your delusional state but you might be a kid just catching cruise with his mama Andriod device....who knows angry

Did Pulisic start against madrid 2nd leg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
CAPdan21:

Arnold mural was unveiled after Liverpool won the 2019 CL like mount...the bone of contention is if at that point he had done anything to earn it...why do Van dijk, mane, and Salah not have their own..even origi has a banner to commemorate that famous goal against Barcelona...why should mount as a young talented academy product be begrudged a banner??
why is the illegitimacy of the bolded
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
So Real Madrid scored 5 goals and Chelshit all time great Hidden Hazard had 0 goal, 0 assists, 0 key pass, 0 accurate cross, 0 through ball shocked

You guys should be keeping people updated na.

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
has anyone else noticed that Lukaku never get offside?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
Exonerate1:

Did Pulisic start against madrid 2nd leg
Did Kante start 2nd leg?

Read to understand or quit quoting me angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
CAPdan21:

Arnold mural was unveiled after Liverpool won the 2019 CL like mount...the bone of contention is if at that point he had done anything to earn it...why do Van dijk, mane, and Salah not have their own.. even origi has a banner to commemorate that famous goal against Barcelona ...why should mount as a young talented academy product be begrudged a banner??
You mean this one cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
CAPdan21:

Again, Arnold had shown himself to be one of the best right backs in the world. Can you say the same for mount??

Is mount one of the best forwards in the world??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
Havertz10:
why is the illegitimacy of the bolded
Talent like some things are subjective....lemme put it like this...mount has more talent in his left toe than you have sense Uncle Jude

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
afrodoc2:

So Real Madrid scored 5 goals and Chelshit all time great Hidden Hazard had 0 goal, 0 assists, 0 key pass, 0 accurate cross, 0 through ball shocked

You guys should be keeping people updated na.

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin
So Manure paid $100m to get Sachet water but he dropped 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 key pass, 0 accurate pass against Newcastle shocked

Waste of investment if you ask any sane person grin

24 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:

Again, Arnold had shown himself to be one of the best right backs in the world. Can you say the same for mount??

Mount >>>>>>>>>> Martial.

Argue with your keyboard tongue

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
Catfishing:

Mount >>>>>>>>>> Martial.

Argue with your keyboard tongue
I do agree with you. I don't know if you think I'm a Manu fan. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:

that's not for me to say...the people who put the banner probably put it to appreciate a young academy graduate...if you have a problem with it, you can take your thesis to them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:

You kwanu rest with this your havertz agenda. Right now, both of them are on exactly the same level. Of course, except for the fact that one cost us a bucket load of money and the other was nutured naturally by us.
But at the end of the day, both are wildly inconsistent but also showing flashes of brilliance here and there. We just need to stop mounting pressure (pun intended) on them and hope they fully establish their potential.
I was grinning reading that write up

The truth that I have been shouting since, thankfully you have also seen it

When I saw the banner, it was reece james that came to my mind, when I talk about institutional racism as the main driver of modern racism they will say that i'm mad but perfect example, i'm not surprised that there is backslash against that banner

Havertz will flourish, his mentality is top, I have invested alot of time and effort investigating that guy, more than any player ever, I knew that I will push his agenda to make the club succeed but I made sure that I was certain about him both psychologically and physically, his talents everything

That's why when it dawned on me that mount was the hindrance, I couldn't help myself but to investigate him throughly, I didnt even spend a day before I arrived at the conclusion that his talents and abilities are a joke compared to his age range at elite club level, appointing Lampard was a sentimental decision, when you make foolish decisions there will always be consequences, mount is going to divide our club greatly, people are discussing retiring his number, they are so far gone sentimentally

https://twitter.com/ChelseaonBroad1/status/1437329716416032769?s=20

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shukusheka(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
donjazet:
I didn't want to say this on Saturday because I wanted to really enjoy our victory. But it has to be said that it didn't sit right with me seeing that 100ft banner of mason mount in the stands which the club unfurled.
Such banners are unfurled for players who have reached a certain status with the club (legendary), but it seems that a section or certain individuals within the club are desperate to make mason mount the face of Chelsea football club and that is my grouse.
Does he really deserve such an honor YET? What has he done separately from the rest of the players?? On what ground is he being singled out as special?? Why elevate him above the rest.

Is it because he is an academy player?? Then what about Reece James, Hudson odoi, Andreas Christensen. Some of who were arguably more instrumental to the club than him. Why does it always have to be the local white boy that is singled out and not the rest? Why didn't they make it like "a class of 2015" or something??

Is it his performance?? Lol cheesy cheesy let's not even go there. His stats for the club so far are very mediocre for an attacker of a big club. I don't actually fault him here. I believe he is developing and as such still has time to improve and start giving us at least a 30 Goals\assists season. But that's the thing, he isn't there yet. So why single him out.

You guys should get this, it's okay for our players to be acknowledged and appreciated but unfurling a 100ft banner goes beyond this. It's a whole different level. It's usually done as a cementing of legendary status. It's something that is done for a very few players and I do not believe that Mason mount deserves that honor yet.

If our captain of this modern era, Cesar Azpilicueta who got to be who he is and where he is by virtue of hardwork, consistency, durability and versatility hasn't got his own banner, then why mason mount?
If our own vice captain, jorginho who has just become the European best player (the first for us) and a top 4 balond'or nominee didn't have a banner, then why mason mount?
Please note that this is not a complaint of Mason mount or a direct comparison with any other player. I recognize that mount has no control over who plans or unveils his banner. I'm calling out the powers that be who made this move. I believe it's a terrible agenda being peddled by a group who is desperate to sell this player as the face of our club. The ones who award him the player of the year when he is obviously not. The influencers who want to overhype his abilities most especially when he hasn't started living up to it.

Again, I do hope and pray he eventually becomes one of the best in the world in his position. One we can all proudly call our own but he isn't yet which is why these moves are premature. All these could even end up having adverse effects on the player vis a vis an overinflated ego or an overwhelming feeling of self importance and being untouchable, not to talk of potential squad disharmony. Of course, these are purely assumptions but we've seen where these kind of things are only catalysts for problems.
What are you on about bro? The so called mediocre local white boy is currently Chelsea's Best Player of the Year as voted for by fans like you and I.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12420) (12421) (12422) (12423) (12424) (12425) (12426) ... (19271) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala, kingBolton, Caicedobets(m), afrodoc2, Geld(m), Vischy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.