Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,282 members, 7,867,753 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:34 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10765213 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (19455) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nordsjaelland is beating juventus. Lets keep fingers crossed please
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sturridge on for the weakling.

It's official

#Torreswatch

3 good games in 13

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
Ibime: Nordsjaelland is beating juventus. Lets keep fingers crossed please
Juve have equalized so don't buss that nut just yet

Oscaaar!! 2-1
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
Bad day. 4pts from 3 games. Next game is a must win.
I hope we can rise from this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hazard the villan today. . . grin . .Shaktar was always going to be tricky. . . we would av still had a change if Mr hazrad didnt loose that ball. . .Overall not the best of performances.
We gats revenge this at SB oh. Cant let it slide . .

Bring on UTD
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
Thank God for his mercies. Juventus could only draw.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
A night to forget or maybe not. cheesy
Hazard messed up right there.
Petr Cech still is a beast of a keeper.

On to the next one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
And how is our shekpe keeper doing

6 goals in 14 games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
Funny/annoy thing is Torres is already inline to start next match.

Surely, he can't fail.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
tile tile tile make i knack the akpako eeeh i go knack d akpako..... oya knack an knack am knack am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=badR62A_3kA

joor oh. how market? bawo ni oja? yaya kasua?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
One of our worst matches in champions league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190theclown: 3:00am On Oct 24, 2012
4llerbuntu: tile tile tile make i knack the akpako eeeh i go knack d akpako..... oya knack an knack am knack am

joor oh. how market? bawo ni oja? yaya kasua?

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 24, 2012
FBS: @El Guapo, tippy tappy does not win you matches... - ask l'ar.se cheesy . and as you have mentioned - Finishing those moves does. Nice piece though.

FBS Bro, You'll agree with me that what u voiced up there is not a Fact.

Am Of the School of thought that tippy tappy win Games only if Blended with the Perfect Character, Arseanal for some years now haven't been able to parade players that exhume such characters, their Philosophy have strictly been centered on Youth Development and not the Big shots. In Stark Contrast, Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid and most notable successful clubs who play the tippy tappy footie achieved their Glories cos they had the Right players.

U Know something about this Tippy tappy thing? It makes U unpredictable, therefore LETHAL! -- Something we once enjoyed during the Mourinho's team of 2004/05.

Don't mistake this as my Very Predilection, its just what i know as the Fact!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 24, 2012
In a Nutshell. . .

''Shakhtar dominated the match, and should have won by more. The Dudes were well-equipped to take advantage of Our slow transitions from attack to defense. We weren’t compact enough, leaving too much space between the lines, and also failed to protect our full-backs, with the rotating band of three attackers ending up too high and central. undecided

The game was what Shakhtar are all about. High-tempo attacking and quick combinations from the front four, supported by relentless attacking from Srna and forward bursts from Fernandinho.

Chelsea were actually set up in a relatively similar way, with one full-back and one deep midfielder supporting a fluid front four. The major differences were about (a) the level of compactness: Shakhtar were tighter between the lines, and (b) about familiarity: Shakhtar had cohesive movement, while Chelsea’s system still seems based around improvisation. The return match, in a fortnight, will be very interesting.''
cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2012
El Guapo:

FBS Bro, You'll agree with me that what u voiced up there is not a Fact.

Am Of the School of thought that tippy tappy win Games only if Blended with the Perfect Character, Arseanal for some years now haven't been able to parade players that exhume such characters, their Philosophy have strictly been centered on Youth Development and not the Big shots. In Stark Contrast, Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid and most notable successful clubs who play the tippy tappy footie achieved their Glories cos they had the Right players.

U Know something about this Tippy tappy thing? It makes U unpredictable, therefore LETHAL! -- Something we once enjoyed during the Mourinho's team of 2004/05.

Don't mistake this as my Very Predilection, its just what i know as the Fact!
cheesy
El Guapo, I tell you, what, you can play all the tippy tappy all you want but if you don't score you ain't going no where. NOW THAT IS A FACT! cheesy
And I completely disagree that tippy-tappy = unpredictability. Partially but not necessarily.
Under JM we were, I dare say clinical and simply shut up shops as per when needed. Solid and brutal and LETHAL if you know what I mean. That's how I like my football.
Teams can exhibit some tippy-tappy once in a while to give the fans and viewers some things to cheer and awww about but overall, SCORING is what matters.
Give me that and I'm satisfied.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
Losing last night was not a tragedy well it coulda been had Juve won their match but since they could only manage a draw it puts qualification firmly in your grasp provided yall beat Shakhtar at the Bridge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
FBS:
El Guapo, I tell you, what, you can play all the tippy tappy all you want but if you don't score you ain't going no where. NOW THAT IS A FACT! cheesy
And I completely disagree that tippy-tappy = unpredictability. Partially but not necessarily.
Under JM we were, I dare say clinical and simply shut up shops as per when needed. [b]Solid and brutal and LETHAL if you know what I mean. [/b]That's how I like my football.
Teams can exhibit some tippy-tappy once in a while to give the fans and viewers some things to cheer and awww about but overall, SCORING is what matters.

The Words In Bold got u sounding Like Ibime Seriously grin

Lemma Go LOGICAL a Bit. . .

Scoring is what matters just as u rightly said but then are u gonna find the Scoring easy if u have ya team glued to a Solid and Brutal style of Play? Definitely NOPE! cheesy

A Team that Plays with Flair and Character Scores Easily and with Fun, just what u saw at the Weekend against Spurs.

Seriously, i cant imagine us whining down into retrospect to play the Makelele - Geremi - Essien - Lampard packed Midfield again, the philosophy costed us in the latter years of the Jose's era -- We found Scoring Hard, cos the flair has been Lost!

Although Gaffers like Phil and Carlo lost their Jobs trying to inculcate the Tippy tappy Footie, the real Point was that we never had the right players then to do it Perfect -- Deco was Only about Retiring, Quaresma came on Loan thoroughly a Pant!
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2012
Totally outplayed last night.

I was surprised when i saw we had 4 defenders (Cahill, Ceaser, Bertrand, Romeu) and 1 goalie out of 7 subs on the bench.
Just curious why we would travel with just defenders. What happened to the likes of Moses? You need to have options. I'm sure Moses would have added bite to our toothless attack.

Anyway, beat Shaktar and Nors- whatever their name is and get a draw with Juve.
Now, that should be do-able or we make history as the first defending champions to leave at the group stage.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
Torres' body language was really annoying yesterday. As someone who is still giving him the benefit of the doubt, my patience is wearing thin. Geez, how much more time does this dude need. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
El Guapo:

Fact!
cheesy

are you saying that under mourinho your club was playing tippy tappy lethal football? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

or just tippy tappy?

or just lethal?

pls clarify so i make up my mind on something i have always suspected cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think: Torres' body language was really annoying yesterday. As someone who is still giving him the benefit of the doubt, my patience is wearing thin. Geez, how much more time does this dude need. angry

Give him morrrreeeeeeee timeeeeeee

By next season he would come good
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
Tippy tappy wins games. Ask Barcelona. Tippy tappy wins games. Ask Borrusia Dortmund. It's unfair to keep asking proponents of tippy tappy football to ask Arsenal. The fact that Chelsea have won trophies over the last 10 years is a result of sh1t loads of mega spending - way over the billion mark - in assembling the best players in the world and not only because "we were finishing and Arsenal were not" or that we managed to find a method of playing football with meagre resources that supersedes tippy tappy.

The thing with Arsenal is that they are doing it the wrong way. You can teach tippy tappy in the academy up to first team. What you cannot teach is goal-scoring. It's an inherent ability in footballers and only a few have it. Therefore, like they had in Van Persie, they should always look for top strikers and try to spend big on them.

People should desist from labelling Arsenal's inconsistent finishing "a consequence of tippy tappy". It is not. [b]Arsenal are not going to score more goals or "finish well" than they do now if they stopped tippy tappy this very minute.[/b]That's where this point of view evaporates. If anything, they will score less.

Tippy tappy wins games - fact! Ask Barca. They just did what Arsenal did not do. They spent over 65m Euros in a deal involving Ibrahimovic and Eto'o. They've spent 40m Euros since then in the acquisition of Villa.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
El Guapo:

Scoring is what matters just as u rightly said but then are u gonna find the Scoring easy if u have ya team glued to a Solid and Brutal style of Play? Definitely NOPE! cheesy

A Team that Plays with Flair and Character Scores Easily and with Fun, just what u saw at the Weekend against Spurs.

Seriously, i cant imagine us whining down into retrospect to play the Makelele - Geremi - Essien - Lampard packed Midfield again, the philosophy costed us in the latter years of the Jose's era -- We found Scoring Hard, cos the flair has been Lost!

Although Gaffers like Phil and Carlo lost their Jobs trying to inculcate the Tippy tappy Footie, the real Point was that we never had the right players then to do it Perfect -- Deco was Only about Retiring, Quaresma came on Loan thoroughly a Pant!
grin

You are new Chelsea fan. Quaresma barely signed before Scolari was sacked.

Ibime does not subscribe to any style of footie. Don't forget Chelsea was the most flair team in England when ibime became a fan 16 years ago.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:43am On Oct 25, 2012
nateevs: Tippy tappy wins games. Ask Barcelona. Tippy tappy wins games. Ask Borrusia Dortmund. It's unfair to keep asking proponents of tippy tappy football to ask Arsenal. The fact that Chelsea have won trophies over the last 10 years is a result of sh1t loads of mega spending - way over the billion mark - in assembling the best players in the world and not only because "we were finishing and Arsenal were not" or that we managed to find a method of playing football with meagre resources that supersedes tippy tappy.

The thing with Arsenal is that they are doing it the wrong way. You can teach tippy tappy in the academy up to first team. What you cannot teach is goal-scoring. It's an inherent ability in footballers and only a few have it. Therefore, like they had in Van Persie, they should always look for top strikers and try to spend big on them.

People should desist from labelling Arsenal's inconsistent finishing "a consequence of tippy tappy". It is not. [b]Arsenal are not going to score more goals or "finish well" than they do now if they stopped tippy tappy this very minute.[/b]That's where this point of view evaporates. If anything, they will score less.

Tippy tappy wins games - fact! Ask Barca. They just did what Arsenal did not do. They spent over 65m Euros in a deal involving Ibrahimovic and Eto'o. They've spent 40m Euros since then in the acquisition of Villa.
I repeat that tippy tappy DOES NOT WIN GAMES! It is the GOALS! How you get them is a different question entirely.
My point is this, you approach each game differently. Playing tippy tappy takes some time and your ALL players needs NEAR PERFECT understanding and football chemistry and this is something we don't have yet. You approach each game as per needed.
In most cases, route one works BEST.
na tippy tappy win you EPL after 50 something odd years?
na tippy tappy win us the Double few seasons back?
se na tippy tappy we take win UCL and FA?
We are what we are today not because of tippy tappy or do you disagree with that? I will take substance over style. ANYDAY ANYTIME!
if you aint scoring goals amigo, you will end up like l'ars/e. FACT!

As a matter of fact, Ronaldo's goal against dortmund was route one. smash and grab. so what are you talking about?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2012
El Guapo:

grin
son, let me tell something to you cheesy ..
individual brilliance + team effort won us the game against spurs so don't go logical here -it was not tippy tappy. drop it. cheesy abi se cahill's goal was tippy tappy? cheesy
I've not nothing against tippy tappy but why do you want Chelsea to be like barca? the heck why?
People still refer to the JM team cos of the solidity, resilience and ability to get what we want irrespective of opposition. The approach was important.
To play tipsytappy cheesy footie, you just need crazy understanding among the players...our boys are just perfecting this but I still don't expect us to play tippytap all the time.
We need to win games and gradually everything will flow.
And for the record, those who know FBS know that there is only one FBS. won pe meji. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Give him morrrreeeeeeee timeeeeeee

By next season he would come good
did I hear u say 'gv im more tym' , well by dat tym he wuld find im self on d bench, wn falcao arrives
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
FBS:
Under JM we were, I dare say clinical and simply shut up shops as per when needed. Solid and brutal and LETHAL if you know what I mean. That's how I like my football.

uncle, God bless u. if i have my ways, i will let chelsea do what they know how to do best until fifa and uefa change the rules of the game. this arsenal/barca system of football doesn't make sense to me ooo. i am a result oriented fan. to me, chelsea have been playing with 10 men in most of their games this season. the clubs needs a no nonsense striker in the likes of falcao or demba ba. there is a missing link upfront and the idea of playing beautiful football without a drogba or etoo as it is now in chelsea is unacceptable and can let flexible fans like me to start sourcing for my next destination.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
1025:
chelsea have been playing with 10 men in most of their games this season. the clubs needs a no nonsense striker in the likes of falcao or demba ba. there is a missing link upfront and the idea of playing beautiful football without a drogba or etoo as it is now in chelsea is unacceptable and can let flexible fans like me to start sourcing for my next destination.

Funny guy!!

It doesnt matter which style of footie is employed. The only requirement is use your players to their maximum strengths (something AVB failed to grasp), score goals at the opponents end and keep the defence solid. As long as you dont play Wimbledon/Stoke football, every other form of footie is good as long as it wins matches.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
I repeat that tippy tappy DOES NOT WIN GAMES! It is the GOALS! How you get them is a different question entirely.

Again! Totally wrong. Tippy tappy wins games. Fact! Ask Barca. Ask Borrusia Dortmund.

My point is this, you approach each game differently. Playing tippy tappy takes some time and your ALL players needs NEAR PERFECT understanding and football chemistry and this is something we don't have yet. You approach each game as per needed.

Now this is a different point of argument entirely. "Tippy tappy takes time to master" is completely different from "tippy tappy does not win games". You argument lacks cohesion and constructive balance. You are trying to make two different things look like the same whilst arguing only on one side.

Stop mixing two things up. It's harder to master tippy tappy. I quite agree. However, it's folly to attempt to create an argument that suggests that because it is hard to master, it does not win games. In fact, that is the third point you've brought into the argument whilst arguing the same thing.

In most cases, route one works BEST.

Fa fa fa fowl!!!!. No one plays route one better than Stoke. What have they won? How has it worked out for them? I really love when you glue so much confidence to an empirically-flawed fact and attempt to make it look like a scientifically-backed evidence when in-fact it's all a load of codswallop.

"In most cases" grin grin. . What percentage? Give facts and figures. Some guys will not roll away and accept flawed logic all because of a hunch.

na tippy tappy win you EPL after 50 something odd years?

Nope! Hundreds of millions of pounds did. Never exclude that from any argument you make. Millions won the league after 50 years not a perceived "football style"

na tippy tappy win us the Double few seasons back?

You probably were not watching the league in this season. Go check the stats dude. Tippy tappy won the league. Scored the most goals ever in a single league. Go and review the season. Most especially the games against Aston Villa, Stoke and Wigan. (7-1, 7-0 and 8-1) I hope I got the scores right. We attempted to pass the ball out everytime. No route one dude.

se na tippy tappy we take win UCL and FA?

You are the one arguing against yourself. No one says other styles don't win games. We are just saying you are wrong saying tippy tappy does not win games. Shey you get the discussu=ion at all?

We are what we are today not because of tippy tappy or do you disagree with that? I will take substance over style. ANYDAY ANYTIME!
if you aint scoring goals amigo, you will end up like l'ars/e. FACT!

Dude! Get you argument right. Proponents of tippy tappy are not preachers of non-scoring teams. I have no idea where you got this idea that "tippy tappy" = "you won't score" . Who invented this crap?

Substance over style. Who says substance always wins over style. Where are the facts? Who's collated them? Arsenal is not the only club in the world playing "tippy tappy", so why are we conveniently excluding the others? Sebi you watched Spain on in 3 consecutive tournaments?

Why bring up Arsenal every time tippy tappy is mentioned. It's like saying tippy tappy ain't worth it because Wigan don't win jack. undecided undecided Heck West Ham play route-one, they ain't gon' win sh1t.

Tippy tappy wins games! Fact! Ask Barca - 13 trophies in just over 3 years. Beat that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 26, 2012
Another dimension to the argument...

Forget tippy tappy, the quality of players win trophies.
Tippy tappy with rookie players will win you some games but would'nt win you trophies.
Man City are champs today because of their quality of players, same with Chelsea, Madrid, Barca and United.

Assemble a good squad and a decent manager, choose any style of play and you will win trophies, just work on team chemistry.

Mediocre players can manage to do well for one season but can hardly repeat the feat consistently.
If it was all about tippy tappy then Barca will only use academy players and would'nt waste money buying players.

Bottom line is that money buys you success in the modern game not tippy tappy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2012
BlueDiva: Another dimension to the argument...

Forget tippy tappy, the quality of players win trophies.
Tippy tappy with rookie players will win you some games but would'nt win you trophies.
Man City are champs today because of their quality of players, same with Chelsea, Madrid, Barca and United.

Assemble a good squad and a decent manager, choose any style of play and you will win trophies, just work on team chemistry.

Mediocre players can manage to do well for one season but can hardly repeat the feat consistently.
If it was all about tippy tappy then Barca will only use academy players and would'nt waste money buying players.

Bottom line is that money buys you success in the modern game not tippy tappy.

I dealt with this issue in my first response to FBS citing how Barca goes on up on Arsenal by the quality of players (mainly strikers) that they chose to spend on.

The said, the point of view is open to debate.

There is no football team in history that has dominated an era without playing good football.
Manchester City have a prolific assembly of players, they have a decent manager and they chosen any style yet they can't even dominate in England let alone Europe.

Real Madrid pre-Mourinho and even in the JM era have spent an absolute fortune on players, they've had their fair share of decent managers, they chosen a style but they haven't dominated football either in Spain or in Europe for close to a decade.

PSG alike and there are several other teams I can point to.

My point is, there is only so much you can win/dominate without a clear, defined and sustained method of playing that permeates to the academies. However, this has become very tedious to explain over the years and much so by the advent of oilgarchs who buy clubs and assemble players without so much thought about continuity and sustenance of a football culture. The perennial spending somewhat renders the choice of and persistence with a football culture almost obsolete.

For that reason, there is a condescending attitude towards the advocation of fluid and passing attacking football. The ignominy can be smelled from a mile away and much so by the birth of the word "tippy tappy". It is almost as if proponents of "tippy tappy" are calling for an inferior and less effective method of football that such calls are met by stern and sometimes almost hateful responses.

Using some of your points to defend mine, route-one can only be sustained by constant fund injection. Only a clearly defined positive footballing culture and philosophy, that permeates to the academy can sustain a football club's image and brand for years to come. The era of throwing money at teams is coming to an end. Therefore only the foundation can sustain clubs henceforth. The strength of this foundation is heavily dependent on the method of play chosen now and adhered to.

I am thankful that the club has seen that this is the way forward as shown with the calibre, age and quality of players we now pursue. Instead of the likes of Hazard, Mata, Oscar, KDB, we would have been looking for the next Essiens, Drogbas, Maloudas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (19455) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto, popizaino(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.