Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,532 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10560643 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13207) (13208) (13209) (13210) (13211) (13212) (13213) ... (19192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2022
hensben:
We really miss Osimhen. We would have won by 3 goals if he was playing.

Raumdeuter and airmark how you guys see this naija team, I think they will win the cup.

Only injuries to key players may hinder the team.

I hope Omeruo's injury is not serious. He impressed me.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2022
donstan18:
Worst player on the pitch today.

When I said man is useless without Klopp, his fanatic followers rushed me with tears. cheesy

Raumdeuter ngbo? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2022
popizaino:

You are always looking for the most useless stuffs to always support your stupid takes. Now pls show me human development index of Egypt under their last president and under Al-sisi.Let check something.
You must be a deranged fool to call the suppression of basic human rights and killing of any opposition useless. You sound like a Lunatic. Make your case to support your nonsense or shut it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/01/the-observer-view-on-danger-posed-by-re-election-of-abdel-fattah-el-sisi-egypt

This is an extract from the 3rd link in my previous post.

Egypt has a lot of problems and Sisi is making them worse. Stability is his watchword. But his record
of economic mismanagement, unchecked, high-level corruption, IMF-mandated austerity, cuts in
food and fuel state subsidies, high youth unemployment and inadequate educational provision is a
virtual guarantee of future upheavals. When Sisi’s penchant for mass executions and jailings and his
sweeping assaults on civil liberties are added to the mix, little wonder that analysts predict Egypt is

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Taye is a legend in my eyes sha. Na Echiejile and Udeze no try

Taye wey dey abandon defence, and go dey shoot inshiAllah shot from halfway line
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
airmark:

Omeruo did well. That guy can't be less than 34

He played Under 17 in Nigeria 2009, over 12 years ago, he was at least 22 then

His centreback partner Fortune Chukwudi was exposed as a 28 year old by Adokiye Amaesimaka

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ibime:
It's been so long since we had reliable fullbacks. I thank God for Aina and Sanusi. Taiwo, Echiejile and co done show us pepper for this life.

Taiwo and Echiejile were actually decent fullbacks. Especially Taiwo. C'mon bro, taiwo did real good for the Eagles and the club's he played in except Milan. Aside Yisa Shofoluwe, Ben Iroha and Babayaro. No other LBs did better than Taiwo and Uwa Echiejile...

As for the RBs, we have had Chidi Odiah and Efe Ambrose.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2022
Airmark, that your Ejuke guy looked lively but always chose to shoot rather than cut the ball back.

It's rare to see an outside dribbler in the game these days.

My own is that Ndidi, Aribo, Seniorman and the two fullbacks should just stay fit throughout the tournament

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2022
Joezinho:

Taiwo and Echiejile were actually decent fullbacks. Especially Taiwo. C'mon bro, taiwo did real good for the Eagles and the club's he played in except Milan. Aside Yisa Shofoluwe, Ben Iroha and Babayaro. No other LBs did better than Taiwo and Uwa Echiejile...

As for the RBs, we have had Chidi Odiah and Efe Ambrose.

Chidi Odiah was good before injury/old age caught him. Same with that Yusuf guy who got injured at AFCON and never played again. Never liked Efe in the role, too slow.

I will never accept Taiwo, who made zero recovery runs after bombing forward and leaving his wing vacant. I even prefer Echiejile.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
airmark:

Yeah Omeruo, Ndidi, kelechi, Aina and Simon are key players in this team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2022
donstan18:
Worst player on the pitch today.

When I said man is useless without Klopp, his fanatic followers rushed me with tears. cheesy
I said it here before that Salah is a system player. People comparing him to prime Hazard because of goals are funny.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ibime:

Chidi Odiah was good before injury/old age caught him. Same with that Yusuf guy who got injured at AFCON and never played again. Never liked Efe in the role, too slow.

I will never accept Taiwo, who made zero recovery runs after bombing forward and leaving his wing vacant. I even prefer Echiejile.

Yeah. Yusuf Ayila Mohammed. Decent RB but injury messed him up.

I watched Taiwo's games at Marseille.. And what he does mostly is to go forward while the rest defenders cover for him. It became easier when Heinze joined Marseille.. Heinze sits back to defend while Taiye surges forward.

What the Super Eagles coaches back then should have done was to shift Taiwo to the position of LW or LFB. Dude is good going forward but a disaster coming back after losing the ball to the opponent.

Echiejile is good when it comes to defending but other than that, he's not as creative as Taiwo and not as useful as Taiwo going forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ibime:

You mean Yusuf Mohammed ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2022
Joezinho:

Yeah. Yusuf Ayila. Decent RB but injury messed him up.

I watched Taiwo's games at Marseille.. And what he does mostly is to go forward while the rest defenders cover for him. It became easier when Heinze joined Marseille.. Heinze sits back to defend will Taiye surges forward.

What the Super Eagles coaches back then should have done was to shift Taiwo to the position of LW or LFB. Dude is good going forward but a disaster coming back after losing the ball to the opponent.

Echiejile is good when it comes to defending but other than thay, he's not as creative as Taiwo and not as useful as Taiwo going forward.

Echiejile is good when it comes to just defending, but other than that, he's not as creative as Taiwo and not as useful as Taiwo going forward.

Yusuf ayila was never a RB

It was Yusuf Mohammed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Yusuf ayila was never a RB

It was Yusuf Mohammed

Yeah. Mistake. He got injured at the 2010 nations cup.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2022
Joezinho:

Yeah. Mistake. He got injured at the 2010 nations cup.

Yeah

Didn’t hear any new from him since then
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
Trevor012:

You must be a deranged fool to call the suppression of basic human rights and killing of any opposition useless. You sound like a Lunatic. Make your case to support your nonsense or shut it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/01/the-observer-view-on-danger-posed-by-re-election-of-abdel-fattah-el-sisi-egypt

This is an extract from the 3rd link in my previous post.

Egypt has a lot of problems and Sisi is making them worse. Stability is his watchword. But his record
of economic mismanagement, unchecked, high-level corruption, IMF-mandated austerity, cuts in
food and fuel state subsidies, high youth unemployment and inadequate educational provision is a
virtual guarantee of future upheavals. When Sisi’s penchant for mass executions and jailings and his
sweeping assaults on civil liberties are added to the mix, little wonder that analysts predict Egypt is

You better don't die,Nobody is calling killing opposition a useless stuff,I am only pointing it that you seems to always have a penchant of always looking for what's not to always take an opposite side. Bringing up killing of any opposition and suppression of basic human rights as a reason to fault the Al sisi government is a no-starter because this things are norm even under a democratic rule. Don't relegate all the positives impact he is doing to better the everyday lives of Egyptians to this two negatives,when we have others who after killing and suppressing the basic human rights still put their citizen in more hardship.

Despite your faulty stories about SiSi, Egypt under his Government has one of the highest HDI in the continent https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/hdi-by-country....I wonder how this your theories of economic mismanagement, high level corruption translate to an impressive human development index. You can make this things up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arabnews.com/node/1758066/amp

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development has cited Egypt as the top investment market for 2021-2025.......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2022
Joezinho:

Yeah. Yusuf Ayila. Decent RB but injury messed him up.

Not Yusuf Ayila. He was a DM. Yusuf Mohammed.

All those players were too old, both Chidi Odiah and Taye Taiwo, you see from their recovery runs they done gas. That's why I'm appreciating Ola and Sanusi. They got legs to recover.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Yeah

I think the Achilles tendon injury ended his career. Sad though because he was poised to move to Europe from Al-Hilal. We also lost that semis to Ghana.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ibime:

Not Yusuf Ayila. He was a DM. Yusuf Mohammed.

All those players were too old, both Chidi Odiah and Taye Taiwo, you see from their recovery runs they done gas. That's why I'm appreciating Ola and Sanusi. They got legs to recover.

Aina. Yes. But sanusi is a suspect. Simon did most of the job venturing forward today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Yeah

Man never played again. That injury was the end of his career. He literally sacrificed himself for Nigeria
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Joezinho:

Aina. Yes. But sanusi is a suspect. Simon did most of the job venturing forward today.

Sanusi obviously has VAT on his age, so he chooses when to come forward and never left his wing exposed

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ibime:

Man never played again. That injury was the end of his career. He literally sacrificed himself for Nigeria

Na wa ooo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2022
MorataFC:
[s]e be like say make I flog u comot from this thread, so u think that man will get Nigerians votes?[/s]

You must be living in dreamland
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 9:51pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ibime:

Sanusi obviously has VAT on his age, so he chooses when to come forward and never left his wing exposed

True though. The team did good. This is probably my best super eagles game in a long while. I saw confidence in the team...

Aribo is a good player. I hope he moves to the EPL next season...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ibime:

We are balling

I honestly was impressed, played like a team. Good passes, nice transitions and interplay. The only thing is the attacking subs were so poor hopefully we don’t loose any first team player to injury
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2022
Joezinho:

True though. The team did good. This is probably my best super eagles game in a long while. I saw confidence in the team...

Aribo is a good player. I hope he comes to the EPL next season...

An EPL team can benefit from him. Man reminds me slightly of Moussa Dembele

Super Eagles should also go after this Fulham player, Josh Onomah to bolster that midfield. He is also a tenacious dribbler like Aribo and likely to accept call-up. I think Lookman wants to switch as well. Give Michael Olise a few years to jettison his England dream and he can replace Chukwueze in the future too.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
That Broja should become third striker next season, the guy is good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:57pm On Jan 11, 2022
Armando Broja is better than Lakaka
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
grin grin cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
nihilistjnr:
What a surprise another 1-0
Reminds me of Nigerian professional league. Under 3.5 almost sure. I saw a post somewhere, I think Twitter asking punters to carry all afcon games under 3.5 except for Cameroon and burkina faso. Still right so far.
Things are better, 2013 edition started with a lot of goal-less draws.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13207) (13208) (13209) (13210) (13211) (13212) (13213) ... (19192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bellamy01, stulp16 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.