Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,363 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10560215 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13208) (13209) (13210) (13211) (13212) (13213) (13214) ... (19192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ibime:

Omeruo did well. That guy can't be less than 34

He played Under 17 in Nigeria 2009, over 12 years ago, he was at least 22 then

His centreback partner Fortune Chukwudi was exposed as a 28 year old by Adokiye Amaesimaka

grin

My 'senior man' still played Ogun state FA cup final like 3/4yrs ago, at 50+. Omeruo uses his body well and just unlucky not to play for a top club.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:02am On Jan 12, 2022
Ibime:
Airmark, that your Ejuke guy looked lively but always chose to shoot rather than cut the ball back.

It's rare to see an outside dribbler in the game these days.

My own is that Ndidi, Aribo, Seniorman and the two fullbacks should just stay fit throughout the tournament

Disappointing.

He was probably shocked not to have started and too desperate to impress by registering a goal on his nation's cup debut. The competition is tough, even Chukwueze knew he didn't use the slot he had today well.

Ndidi and Aribo did well in that midfield.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:15am On Jan 12, 2022
hensben:
I said it here before that Salah is a system player. People comparing him to prime Hazard because of goals are funny.
An obvious system player.

All thanks to Mane and Klopp who has been carrying Liverpool.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:23am On Jan 12, 2022
hensben:
I said it here before that Salah is a system player. People comparing him to prime Hazard because of goals are funny.

How is Hazard doing in the Madrid system that Vicinius is disgracing him

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by postdigger(m): 12:25am On Jan 12, 2022
Trevor012:
Ruben Dias is playing for Man city and is regarded as one of the best defender in the world. The less said about Omeruo the better. Somethings make zero sense.

For now he's a fraud to them, but when it's time to bash fraudiola Dias will automatically turn into one of the cheque book world class singings he made.

cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:08am On Jan 12, 2022
Best Super Eagles game in a long long while. We went all out for a win and will happily take the 1-0, could have been more so not sure what everyone is complaining about.

Moses Simon - quite refreshing to see a classic winger play. Those touch line moves reminds me of them Finidi George days. Boy is probably just lacking the final ball.

And if I were Odoi and Mount, I would try to be friends with Senior man Kels. Hopefully he will oblige them with a bottle of football sense. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:10am On Jan 12, 2022
Ejuke though...
Pass the freaking ball, cut back man but nah, dude going for glory. Disappointing.

Just hoping for the boys to stay fit.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:15am On Jan 12, 2022
donstan18:

60mins+

No single shot registered by Sarah and you’re blaming Al-Ahli players. cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:18am On Jan 12, 2022
Ibime:
It's been so long since we had reliable fullbacks. I thank God for Aina and Sanusi. Taiwo, Echiejile and co done show us pepper for this life.
Please leave Taiye Taiwo alone. tongue cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:14am On Jan 12, 2022
raumdeuter:

How is Hazard doing in the Madrid system that Vicinius is disgracing him
Hazard’s career at real was affected by injury.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 7:44am On Jan 12, 2022
FBS:
Best Super Eagles game in a long long while. We went all out for a win and will happily take the 1-0, could have been more so not sure what everyone is complaining about.

Moses Simon - quite refreshing to see a classic winger play. Those touch line moves reminds me of them Finidi George days. Boy is probably just lacking the final ball.

And if I were Odoi and Mount, I would try to be friends with Senior man Kels. Hopefully he will oblige them with a bottle of football sense. cheesy

Moses Simon is more of a Tijani Babangida sort of player not Finidi. Finidi is more composed with a better end product
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:15am On Jan 12, 2022
CapitalCee:

Moses Simon is more of a Tijani Babangida sort of player not Finidi. Finidi is more composed with a better end product
That's why I said he was missing the final ball, the composure, end product is bad, needs work but can't deny his touch line take-ons and skills.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:18am On Jan 12, 2022
Fantastic game yesterday, though it would've been nice if we had scored more goals based on the chances we had. Fantastic goal from Kelz, but he should've added to his tally in the second period.

Moses Simon was an absolute menace down the left yesterday, just that he kept doing the sane thing in the first half and his end product left much to be desired. But he was immense yesterday.

Chukwueze wasn't as lively but I felt he was ok, I especially liked how he and Aina - who was fantastic by the way - combined down the right, especially in the early parts of the second half.

Kudos to Maduka Okoye for that one save. Very important.

And Ejuke needs to keep his head up more. He was too selfish.

We should be topping this group easy.

Lastly, kudos the the gaffer. Best Super Eagles game I've seen in a while.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:23am On Jan 12, 2022
• Meanwhile, we play Spurs today. Holding a 2-0 lead from the first leg.

• No fresh injury worries; in fact there's some good news - N'golo Bandit and El Monstro are out of isolation, and are back in training. Spurs game may be too soon for them, but they should be in shape for the blockbuster at the Etihad this Saturday.

• Trevoh Chalobah may be set to miss 2-3 weeks.

• Meanwhile I hear Son may miss today's game. Added bonus for us.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:25am On Jan 12, 2022
hensben:
Hazard’s career at real was affected by injury.

Remember what you said about Neymar some time ago?

I love Hazard but what is good for Greece is good for Uganda.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 8:47am On Jan 12, 2022
BlueMann:

Remember what you said about Neymar some time ago?

I love Hazard but what is good for Greece is good for Uganda.

Hensben always speaks from both sides of his mouth

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:49am On Jan 12, 2022
This one that everybody dey praise the boys for yesterday's match, which means I'll try to watch the next one vs Sudan.

I didn't bother to watch the match yesterday. I've not even watched any AFCON match. Not moved yet.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2022
Chris Wood to Newcastle. £20m. shocked shocked

Burnley don hammer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2022
donstan18:

Sarah dey drag worst player for Egypt and Lewandowski na your problem. cheesy

Know this

Mo salah For Liverpool, Ofe nsalah for Egypt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 9:44am On Jan 12, 2022
Meanwhile as Nigeria mourns Ernest Shonekan,,,Babangida should be getting ready...d latter used d former to subtly prolong military rule in Nigeria...Nigeria is in God's hands sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 10:01am On Jan 12, 2022
FBS:

That's why I said he was missing the final ball, the composure, end product is bad, needs work but can't deny his touch line take-ons and skills.

You are correct. But He is more aggressive than Finidi, Finidi is more of a sleeky kind of player. Tijani is more aggressive more like Simon. Although Simon is not yet on Tijani level
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:03am On Jan 12, 2022
timbros:
This one that everybody dey praise the boys for yesterday's match, which means I'll try to watch the next one vs Sudan.

I didn't bother to watch the match yesterday. I've not even watched any AFCON match. Not moved yet.
Trust me they played well. Started out of the blocks even before match start sef. cheesy
So not your typical Super Eagles performance, building tempo after them score us or deep into the first half.
They meant business from the get go.
So many positives and hoping the boys stay fit and maintain the standard against a physical side.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:06am On Jan 12, 2022
CapitalCee:

You are correct. But He is more aggressive than Finidi, Finidi is more of a sleeky kind of player. Tijani is more aggressive more like Simon. Although Simon is not yet on Tijani level
You got it boss.
Just happy to see a winger play like a winger (breaking ankles, knees with his take-ons) though interesting to see his performance from the right wing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:10am On Jan 12, 2022
hensben:
Lol... So because of one match, he's now a system player. Someone who scored 45 goals in 74 games (that's approx 1goal in less than 2 matches) is called a system player while hazard who scored 33 goals in 116 games for a star studded Belgian side is not shebi. Even with all the Armenia and kontagora to stat pad against, na just 33 goals him score.

Tell me the the system wey dey Egypt for him to be that influential esp with that scrap players dey had ystdy.

Una and sentiments na 5&6

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... So because of one match, he's now a system player. Someone who scored 45 goals in 74 games (that's approx 1goal in less than 2 matches) is called a system player while hazard who scored 33 goals in 116 games for a star studded Belgian side is not shebi. Even with all the Armenia and kontagora to stat pad against, na just 33 goals him score.

Tell me the the system wey dey Egypt for him to be that influential esp with that scrap players dey had ystdy.

Una and sentiments na 5&6
The shameful thing about you Sarah fanatics is that you can’t even defend the mugu without dragging other players. cheesy

From Drogba, to Hazard, y’all just to shameless mehn.

He was the worst player of the match yesterday, why?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:18am On Jan 12, 2022
donstan18:

The shameful thing about you Sarah fanatics is that you can’t even defend the mugu without dragging other players. cheesy

Even Messi has shit games.. Egypt as a team were poor yesterday, that does not make Salah a system player.

Salah was banging goals for Roma/Fiorentina b4 he even moved to Liverpool.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:21am On Jan 12, 2022
thorrvik55:

Even Messi has shit games.. Egypt as a team were poor yesterday, that does not make Salah a system player.

Salah was banging goals for Roma/Fiorentina b4 he even moved to Liverpool.

Sarah was a nobody before Liverpool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2022
thorrvik55:

Hensben always speaks from both sides of his mouth
I've noticed that from him too much.
He first said Chelsea buying lukaku was a very good signing and even went as far as trolling man u fans for losing lukaku claiming they don't know how to use him.
Now he's condemning lukaku saying he never wanted him from day 1 at Chelsea.

Double-mouthedness at its peak grin

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:27am On Jan 12, 2022
donstan18:

Sarah was a nobody before Liverpool

More like Liverpool was a nobody for like 10 years or so till Salah's arrival
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:30am On Jan 12, 2022
donstan18:

I defended him.
Scoring 45 goals in 74 games is nothing short of spectacular and it's visible to everybody except if you're donstan18 or hens.ben.

As for ystdy, I don't know if it's only ystdy match that have eliminated Egypt from the competition. Chill, Egypt still get more matches to play. Na only sentimental and agenda-driven minds will use only one subpar performance to judge a player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:35am On Jan 12, 2022
thorrvik55:

More like Liverpool was a nobody for like 10 years or so till Salah's arrival
More like Egypt has become a nobody for 10 years now after Sarah made his debut.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13208) (13209) (13210) (13211) (13212) (13213) (13214) ... (19192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.