Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10746683 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13282) (13283) (13284) (13285) (13286) (13287) (13288) ... (19422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 12:16am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
I told you and the other guy, don't do personals because they are not in your favour. For e.g Dayo said Muller was played behind the striker but you without comprehension issues said he said Muller NEVER played as a striker. I don't know if I should laugh or cry for you.

Dayo said Muller played behind the main striker or from the wings...
I correctly pointed out that he's actually been played as a striker most notably by Pep but wasn't successful...
The question was, yes or no and the answer is yes.....You yourself asked if I was sure he had been tried there and I proved it..
This is you asking if I'm sure Muller had ever been tried as a striker..

Point out how Jota scoring means Firmino failed which was the initial point of the debate and you keep on flailing hopelessly because you can't discern both play differently....

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 12:19am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
lol tried as a striker means he was not a striker for the team. Remember when John Terry was "tried" as a keeper? lol. Did that make him one?

My initial address to Dayo said "He's been tried"..
You went ahead to ask if I was sure(He had been tried there ) and I didn't only respond in the affirmative, I proved it was Pep that did..
Terry was goalie because no other goalie was available on the bench which isn't the same as Muller was deployed as a striker more than once..

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 12:25am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Dayo said Muller played behind the main striker or from the wings...
So he did not say Muller was NEVER tried as a striker, right?
I correctly pointed out that he's actually been played as a striker most notably by Pep but wasn't successful...
No, it said with mixed results. But I have comprehension issues, right?
The question was, yes or no and the answer is yes.....You yourself asked if I was sure he had been tried there and I proved it..
I asked if you were sure he was unsuccessful there.
This is you asking if I'm sure Muller had ever been tried as a striker..
Again, I asked if you were sure he was unsuccessful there.
Point out how Jota scoring means Firmino failed which was the initial point of the debate and you keep on flailing hopelessly because you can't discern both play differently....
Oh I will have a Jota/Firminho debate when I am sure you understand your own argument.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 12:30am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

My initial address to Dayo said "He's been tried"..
You went ahead to ask if I was sure(He had been tried there ) and I didn't only respond in the affirmative, I proved it was Pep that did..
Terry was goalie because no other goalie was available on the bench which isn't the same as Muller was deployed as a striker more than once..
Read exactly what I highlighted before responding. You accused me of having comprehension issues but that insult seems like it is coming back to haunt you. The article you cited said Muller had been tried there on occasion with mixed results. That contradicts the claim you were trying to support which is that he was a striker (Kloppo) or that he was largely unsuccessful there. Did you worry about "why" he was tried there - like you tried to for John Terry?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 12:32am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
So he did not say Muller was NEVER tried as a striker, right?
No, it said with mixed results. But I have comprehension issues, right?
I asked if you were sure he was unsuccessful there.
Again, I asked if you were sure he was unsuccessful there.
Oh I will have a Jota/Firminho debate when I am sure you understand your own argument.

He disagreed with a post that said Muller played as a striker by pointing out that Muller has always played either behind ba striker or from the wings..

I said he has been tried out there by Pep but didn't continue because it was unsuccessful..

Bring on the Bobby slander, none will be tolerated and all will be checked...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 12:34am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

He disagreed with a post that said Muller played as a striker by pointing out that Muller has always played either behind ba striker or from the wings..

I said he has been tried out there by Pep but didn't continue because it was unsuccessful..

Bring on the Bobby slander, none will be tolerated and all will be checked...
He disagreed with the argument that Muller was Bayern's striker. Kloppo said Muller failing there made Pep get Lewandowski and make Muller a defensive striker. Comprehension again.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 12:34am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
Read exactly what I highlighted before responding. You accused me of having comprehension issues but that insult seems like it is coming back to haunt you. The article you cited said Muller had been tried there on occasion with mixed results. That contradicts the claim you were trying to support which is that he was a striker (Kloppo) or that he was largely unsuccessful there. Did you worry about "why" he was tried there - like you tried to for John Terry?

He was unsuccessful as a striker...
Antonio hasn't always been a striker but he's playing that now because he's produced results...
You have comprehension issues because you're trying to nitpick something by drawing different analogies to hold up your initial position...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 12:36am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
He disagreed with the argument that Muller was Bayern's striker. Kloppo said Muller failing there made Pep get Lewandowski and make Muller a defensive striker. Comprehension again.

And I'm telling you that Kloppo's post isn't my business....I corrected Dayo by telling him that Muller actually played matches as a striker....Not one single match, matches, Plural...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 12:38am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

He was unsuccessful as a striker...
Antonio hasn't always been a striker but he's playing that now because he's produced results...
You have comprehension issues because you're trying to nitpick something by drawing different analogies to hold up your initial position...
Your own article said he had mixed results - some good and some bad games. So we now agree on 2 things, he was not a striker even though he was tried there and he was not unsuccessful there. The results were mixed. Is that clear?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 12:40am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

And I'm telling you that Kloppo's post isn't my business....I corrected Dayo by telling him that Muller actually played matches as a striker....Not one single match, matches, Plural...
Did Dayo say Muller was never used as a striker? Comprehension again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:41am On Jan 22, 2022
Naija boys are mocking Watford and Dennis. They have lost every game since AFCON started, nullifying their reason for not releasing him to Naija. The Babalawo that tied his leg no get joy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 12:46am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
Your own article said he had mixed results - some good and some bad games. So we now agree on 2 things, he was not a striker even though he was tried there and he was not unsuccessful there. The results were mixed. Is that clear?

Guy, I initially stated and have since maintained he was tried as a striker and wasn't successful...

Infact, what led Pep to try him out was because he wasn't particularly good at anything...

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 12:46am On Jan 22, 2022
Ibime:
Naija boys are mocking Watford and Dennis. They have lost every game since AFCON started, nullifying their reason for not releasing him to Naija. The Babalawo that tied his leg no get joy

Lmaooo. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 12:51am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
Did Dayo say Muller was never used as a striker? Comprehension again.

He said he played from the wings and behind the striker.. He was trying to be clever by half...
Pep tried him as the striker the same way he tried him on the left of a front three of Lewa and Ribbery and he didn't get the returns Pep wanted till Pep discovered putting him very close behind the main striker was the best solution...Pep tried him out as a nine and winger numerous times over two seasons not until his final season in which Muller became the SS..
By omitting that fact, he implied he wasn't played there and I corrected him....

Kloppo never said Lewa was bought for Muller because Muller played 9 occasionally and Lewa was in Bayern then...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 12:53am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Guy, I initially stated and have since maintained he was tried as a striker and wasn't successful...

Infact, what led Pep to try him out was because he wasn't particularly good at anything...
The highlighted is what I challenged and you are still proving me right. Muller was TRIED as a striker -therefore he was not one. In addition, Muller was not unsuccessful there, he had some good games and some bad games. Do you understand now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 12:59am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
The highlighted is what I challenged and you are still proving me right. Muller was TRIED as a striker -therefore he was not one. In addition, Muller was not unsuccessful there, he had some good games and some bad games. Do you understand now?

He played as a false 9 and center forward and also as a winger but none worked out...
Pep saw this and tried him out very close to the center forward and he clicked....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 1:01am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:

Him not being a striker is because he couldn't deliver the goods...

Bobby was originally on the wings for Liverpool under Rodgers and an AM in Germany, Klopp turned him to a false nine and it stuck because he delivered what Klopp wanted...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 1:04am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

He said he played from the wings and behind the striker.. He was trying to be clever by half...
Pep tried him as the striker the same way he tried him on the left of a front three of Robben and Ribbery and he didn't get the returns Pep wanted till Pep discovered putting him very close behind the main striker was the best solution...Pep tried him out as a nine and winger numerous times over two seasons not until his final season in which Muller became the SS..
By omitting that fact, he implied he wasn't played there and I corrected him....

Kloppo never said Lewa was bought for Muller because Muller played 9 occasionally and Lewa was in Bayern then...
Dayo said Muller was not Bayern's striker and that Bayern always hand Mandzukic, Gomez and Lewa playing ahead of Muller. Kloppo said Muller's failure as a striker made Bayern get Lewa and move Muller to other positions. You challenged Dayo (which means you supported Kloppo) by saying Muller was tried there and that he was unsuccessful. Does that not imply you are backing Kloppo's claims? Your own evidence instead says Muller was tried there ON OCCASION and that the results were mixed. Which proves that Kloppo was wrong (and you by proxy). Simple.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 1:06am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

He played as a false 9 and center forward and also as a winger but none worked out...
Pep saw this and tried him out very close to the center forward and he clicked....
That is still unsubstantiated. The evidence you brought said he had mixed results.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 1:13am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
Dayo said Muller was not Bayern's striker and that Bayern always hand Mandzukic, Gomez and Lewa playing ahead of Muller. Kloppo said Muller's failure as a striker made Bayern get Lewa and move Muller to other positions. You challenged Dayo (which means you supported Kloppo) by saying Muller was tried there and that he was unsuccessful. Does that not imply you are backing Kloppo's claims? Your own evidence instead says Muller was tried there ON OCCASION and that the results were mixed. Which proves that Kloppo was wrong (and you by proxy). Simple.

Dayo said Bobby's numbers as striker for Liverpool have been poor ..
Kloppo stated that Muller had bad numbers as a striker as well that made him get pushed to SS where he thrives..
Dayo countered by saying Muller has always played either behind a striker or from the wings which is wrong because Pep experimented Muller from both the wings and as a striker (Dayo knew Pep tried him from both the flank and as a striker but purposely omitted the striker part)..

At this Juncture, I point out that Pep actually tried him as a striker but he wasn't successful...
This made Pep try him out in the SS role where he thrives and has remained ever since...

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 1:14am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
That is still unsubstantiated. The evidence you brought said he had mixed results.

What, when did you start watching Bayern... Everybody knows this..

Muller said this himself..

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 1:15am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Him not being a striker is because he couldn't deliver the goods...

Bobby was originally on the wings for Liverpool under Rodgers and an AM in Germany, Klopp turned him to a false nine and it stuck because he delivered what Klopp wanted...
No your article said he was not physical enough however, that is irrelevant as he had some good games and some bad ones. Now, the argument that Bobby succeeded at what Klopp told him is the Jota/Bobby argument I said was Kloppaganda. Bobby was sterile as a scorer. False 9 does not mean false scorer. I will say more when you finally understand your own argument.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 1:18am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
No your article said he was not physical enough however, that is irrelevant as he had some good games and some bad ones. Now, the argument that Bobby succeeded at what Klopp told him is the Jota/Bobby argument I said was Kloppaganda. Bobby was sterile as a scorer. False 9 does not mean false scorer. I will say more when you finally understand your own argument.
Him not being physical enough, losing possession too many times, not being a good dribbler all contributed...

On to Bobby/Jota

Bobby in direct comparison to Jota will never be entertained by people with strong football knowledge as both do different things on the pitch...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 1:20am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

What, when did you start watching Bayern... Everybody knows this..

Muller said this himself..
Your article does not say he was unsuccessful for the millionth time. I don't want to have to start pointing out the discrepancy between what you are saying, to what Muller said.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 1:20am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:

My stance has been clear from the onset as I've stated them emphatically numerous times throughout the entirety of this convo...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 1:21am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
Your article does not say he was unsuccessful for the millionth time. I don't want to have to start pointing out the discrepancy between what you are saying, to what Muller said.

Semantics...Same thing in different wordings...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 1:23am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Him not being physical enough, losing possession too many times, not being a good dribbler all contributed...

On to Bobby/Jota

Bobby in direct comparison to Jota will never be entertained by people with strong football knowledge as both do different things on the pitch...
I agree they do different things on the pitch but the argument I said I shied away from was the one that people said playing in that false 9 role for Liverpool is what affected Bobby's numbers. I support the argument that "Jota still scoring goals playing in that position proves that being sterile for Bobby is not down to the position" but to an incompetency on his part.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 1:24am On Jan 22, 2022
This thread mheen! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 1:26am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
I agree they do different things on the pitch but the argument I said I shied away from was the one that people said playing in that false 9 role for Liverpool is what affected Bobby's numbers. I support the argument that "Jota still scoring goals playing in that position proves that being sterile for Bobby is not down to the position" but to an incompetency on his part.

Which position?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 1:28am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Semantics...Same thing in different wordings...
Muller said he did not like playing there because he wanted to be more involved in the build up etc. In other words, if Muller scored a hattrick in a game by just tapping in, he would not like it because he was less involved in the build up etc which he preferred. That does not mean he was unsuccessful there. In some games he scored and in some he did not.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 1:32am On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
Muller said he did not like playing there because he wanted to be more involved in the build up etc. In other words, if Muller scored a hattrick in a game by just tapping in, he would not like it because he was less involved in the build up etc which he preferred. That does not mean he was unsuccessful there. In some games he scored and in some he did not.
If he was scoring, having few touches of the ball in game wouldn't matter...He wasn't asserting himself and he wasn't bringing the return numbers Guardiola wanted..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 1:35am On Jan 22, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Which position?
False 9.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13282) (13283) (13284) (13285) (13286) (13287) (13288) ... (19422) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.