Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,987 members, 7,866,714 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:04 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10760461 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) ... (19446) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ElFenomeno1: 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mourinholic:

At least we wont hit the round of 16 for 5 consecutive years.....And we won't go 10 years without a league title
Deal with your new found status.... Relegation contenders!!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mourinholic:

At least we wont hit the round of 16 for 5 consecutive years.....And we won't go 10 years without a league title

At least in our years of trophylessness, we were never relegation table champions.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mourinholic:

The only thing is can see in your text is 'Champions'....Thanks for acknowledging the champions

Keep consoling yourself, Relegation champions, even under moyes, we were never relegation contenders grin grin

Relegation candidates, 4 points in 5 games, -5 goals, 12 goals conceded in just 5 games, 17th position
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
dopeJemi:

How Far na my brother cheesy your club isn't sh.it
Don't lemme Curse you grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kolade354:
Don't lemme Curse you grin

Feel free grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
Chestar5:

huhundecided

Hih undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
dopeJemi:

Feel free grin cheesy
continue to enjoy on our thread but remember many upset is still coming for the big 4!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by humblesteve(m): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
@Mourinholic you get time oh

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2015
grin grin

I can see the wailing, lamenting and gnashing of teeth has transcended from the weekend into this lovely Monday evening. Well, long may it continue.

KTWFFH! Keep the wailing flag flying high!!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kolade354:
continue to enjoy on our thread but remember many upset is still coming for the big 4!!!

I'm happy you know your team is not included in the big four
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
grin grin

I can see the wailing, lamenting and gnashing of teeth has transcended from the weekend into this lovely Monday evening. Well, long may it continue.

KTWFFH! Keep the wailing flag flying high!!

grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
humblesteve:
@Mourinholic you get time oh
I stopped replying them....I realised they were just desperate to troll.....I didn't wanna disturb the peace
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
Awon haterz grin, gerrara here mehn cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2015

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
Did Jose really blame the computers?? shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
Friends of Newcastle!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
PietroRico:
Did Jose really blame the computers?? shocked shocked
Guy eh I doubt that story!

But if na true, I'm seriously embarrassed for him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
WE WILL BOUNCE BACK!!!!

CHELSEA FOR LIFE.
KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
grin grin West Ham fans singing "Going Down With Chelsea" to Newcastle fans grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by humblesteve(m): 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mourinholic:

I stopped replying them....I realised they were just desperate to troll.....I didn't wanna disturb the peace
Good bro. it would be better if others can do the same esp. Chelseafan1 and chester5
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
grin grin West Ham fans singing "Going Down With Chelsea" to Newcastle fans grin grin

Only you heard that . tongue Moses tried , especially that payet second goal. They gave standing ovation for him as he was replaced by carrol in the dying minutes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pataki, it's like giroud is the best striker in your team now. That's good. Moses made my day today, I saw boatank in haidara grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
It is best for Victor Moses to leave this shekpe club. He should learn from the likes of Lukaku and Sturridge.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
SailorXY:
It's just sad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2015
SailorXY:
"Today the game was completely under control and every mistake we made we were punished. Every shot is a goal, every mistake is a goal. "The moment is so negative that everything goes against us. At the tactical meeting we had this morning, even the computer broke. But of course it was not because of that that we did not win."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:05am On Sep 15, 2015
sephia:
Everyone is beginning to see Mourhino for what he is. Arrogant, proud, petty and stubborn.
Top 4 would be a miracle.

In the midst of all the fights, we failed to realised that BlueDiva made an appearance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:09am On Sep 15, 2015
Oya correct question for all Chelsea fans.

I commend those who have an opinion on why we this disaster persists. However, I am seeing a lot of people disagreeing with others without stating exactly what they think is wrong.

So folks, what exactly is wrong? Healthy debates please. No name calling. And please don't criticize others if you haven't made a contribution.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 2:33am On Sep 15, 2015
nateevs:
Oya correct question for all Chelsea fans.

I commend those who have an opinion on why we this disaster persists. However, I am seeing a lot of people disagreeing with others without stating exactly what they think is wrong.

So folks, what exactly is wrong? Healthy debates please. No name calling. And please don't criticize others if you haven't made a contribution.
There is a problem.... I think its psychological, just mentally flat players.....
It can't be Eva, you can't possibly think Terry,Hazard and co will let go of a Title just because of a Doctor? I mean its Ridiculous.....
If the answer is not psychological then its nothing.... Surely not tactical or quality problem....

Once Fabregas and Hazard get it right,add with Pedro and Matic,That's all....
If we can be 6points or less by January, we have a really good chance
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:56am On Sep 15, 2015
Since I am the number 1 hater, I would go first

Chelsea number 1 problem was that the fans, players, coaches and management OVERRATED the performance of last season . Let me put it this way, Chelsea dominated domestically last season because they were better than the opposition, not because they were great on their own. Its like someone getting 1st position with a 65% score where that score in another year wont even get you 5th position. Last year the traditional powers had problems City battled injuries to key players, Man Utd was recovering from Moyes years and Arsenal was just Arsenal. Even clubs like Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham had poor seasons compared to what they've done in recent years

This is also one of the reason EPL has fallen to 3rd in the UEFA ranking, the clubs and league dont really want to accept that the standard of their football has fallen greatly and do something about it, rather they would excuse it as an off year, just unlucky or they werent focusing on Europe. Or hang on to meaningless accolades like, Its still the most popular, most watched or its the most entertaining.

Can you compare any of the top teams to the same club between 2005-2009? E.g Chelsea of then vs Chelsea of now, Man Utd of then vs Man Utd of now, Liverpool of then vs Liverpool of now etc You would also notice the gap in quality and their continental strenght

Can any sincere person compare the competition and quality of players in EPL in the last 4yrs to the one between 2005-2009? That coincided with the time EPL was rated the best in Europe and rightly so. Nowadays EPL club approach Bayern, Barca, Madrid atimes PSG as a firm underdog

2. This might sound cliche-ish, but the truth is when you dont improve, you retrogress. There is no maintaining your position, Buying new players not only improve your squad, it also put older players on their toes and avoid complacency

Chelsea's plan literarily was to start the same 11 from last season that won the league. (The Pedro deal was an after thought) and like you know 12months is a long time in competitive sport like football

You see top clubs like Barca, Bayern and Madrid in the last year clearing house with players that are club icons(Xavi, Schweini and Casillas) which were not popular decisions among section of the fans and more would happen in the next 2yrs in those clubs but Chelsea still want to hold on to Ivanovic, Ramires, Mikel and Terry for sentimental reasons.
Getting to the top is easy staying at the top is the problem. If Chelsea just want to be local champs in England, they also stand a risk of falling behind, but if they set a target of being the best in Europe(e.g Mourinho first reign), performance in the league would automatically improve

Lastly, I know Mourinho is popular around here but him and the club management did a lot of LAZY scouting and senseless buying in the past 3 yrs. Purchases in the past few years are like someone buying from reading goal.com articles. I can guarantee you that if the market was still open, with the current crisis, Chelsea would have bought POGBA(The obvious goal.com readers buy). The only purchase in the last 3yrs that have made sense was Matic which was an error sale to start with

Atletico beat Chelsea next thing raid them for Costa without doing a background check on his entire 10yrs career before then and his injury record + temper, Goal.com shouting Cuadrado and just pay the money when almost every astute football watcher knew he wasnt made for top level football- He is a Quaresma like entertainer, Man Utd wants Fabregas and Pedro you just hijack them. You buy Baba, Felipe Luiz etc You have youths and purchases scattered them all over Europe, trading off and burning the bridge with some quality players who could have helped now e.g KDB, Salah, and dont even have any plan to play them even in low profile games. Papa Djiboloji bought might never play next season he would be loaned to Newcatle while Chelsea breaks the bank for an obvious defender like Godin, Chiellini or Sergio Ramos forgetting they are getting old

In some clubs the buys who make the difference are the obscure buys which no one paid attention to e.g Vidic to Man Utd, Rakitic to Barca treble, Javi Martinez and Mandzukic to Bayern treble, or the internal player which everyone had almost written off e.g Di Maria in Madrid la decima, or Busquets to Peps Barca

As a Bayern fan I am already seeing the difference Douglas Costa is making which many fans and media followers including me would never have thought of. These people are paid millions to scout and buy players, they should be better than just reading newspapers like us fans

When Mourinho took this job, Maybe he thought it was the same Chelsea of 2005 who was the richest in Europe, had unlimited money to buy 11 players, 9 craps 2 good, next season buy another 11. Nowadays at least 5 clubs are ready to match you in spendings for the few quality available so your scouting has to be better than just rolling dice and hoping to hit double six.

Yours hatefully

Raumdeuter

coogar, nihilist, ibime, debosky, A40, pataki, elampiro, starboard, roland17, afrodoc

22 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:09am On Sep 15, 2015
Thank you Dayo,

You've spoken well.

Again I refer you to Man City. Bar Sterling, they are playing the same 1st team squad as last season.

Yet when in their last game of last season, they conceded seven shots on target, they've now conceded the same number of shots in total over the last five games.

The same backline.

Mangala and Kompany that were one of the most useless CB pairing in the league have now improved so much since May that 35 million pound Otamendi that was brought to improve the team can't even make the bench.

So it's not a case of 'buying to improve' that was necessarily needed in City's case.

Attacking wise, Silva and Sterling were out of last game, Aguero was taken out after 25 minutes. The guy that got the goal was Kelechi Iheanocho....not a 74 million pound striker....but Kelechi Iheanacho. That's another nail in the 'buy to improve argument'

If you must be realistic, the reason why Madrid and Barca dominate so much in World Football is that they simply have the best players. It is that simple.

No amount of players you buy for now will equal the output of Ronaldo or Messi.

For all your talk about Bayern's scouting....you guys only have 1 UCL win in the last 10 years....same as Chelsea. So in absolute terms, you have not fared better in Europe even with your so called 'Better Scouting'

Now what's the problem with Chelsea? I think it's 3 fold:

1. Teams have done their homework. My BiL plays pro Rugby for a team that just got promoted the the Aviva premiership. Despite their small size and the comparative lack of money in Rugby, his club employs two match analysts who film and analyse their opposition for weeks, edit the films into little clips, and send it to their iPads.

Now imagine what EPL teams with their riches are doing. Why is every single team attacking our right flank?

Chelsea have conceded more chances from the right flank than any other team in the league. In fact I think, we've conceded over 10 more than the team in second place.

Teams have analysed CFC and seen that Ivanovic tollgate is the surest route to the box.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:25am On Sep 15, 2015
2. Mou has implemented a slight change of tactics this season.

Where last season. Where Costa would stay central and occupy the centre backs last season, this season sees him drifting out wide a lot.

Also,I think 11 of Fab's 19 assists last season came from set-pieces. This season we have none from from Fab. During the Swansea game, the eagle-eyed would have noticed that Oscar was on set piece duty- Corners, Freekicks(including the one he scored) everything. This tells me that Fab's decline is so bad that Mou has already tried very early on to delegate his usual tasks to somebody else.

Unfortunately Oscar then got injured, and Fab in the mantle of CFC's most creative player had to play. Mou has tried everything with Fab, push him up, drop him down..,it's not working. At least last season Fab was a defensive liability who created chances. This season he's just a defensive liability full stop

That's why the Pogba purchase was seen as a necessity, not a Goal.com purchase as Dayo would say. Pogba was to provide the creativity from deep, whilst remaining an imposing presence in defence, so that the issue Fab could be properly addressed.

How many midfielders today can offer, Infact almost guarantee what Pogba does....the answer is very few.

And we were at a stage where gambling is not an option.

Alas, that was not to be.

3. Confidence issues.

We are now stuck in a vicious cycle where we need confidence to win a game, but we need to win a game to gain confidence. I remember Barca had a similar crisis last year when things were bad, Enrique benched Messi, and then Xavi and the Barca board intervened to work out a solution.

It's not quite the same thing here, but a solution has to be found one way or another. Jose's obstinance in persisting with Ivanovic for one isn't helping.

The boys need to sit down and re-evaluate and decide who needs a time out.

There is no way Chelsea is worse than Everton, West Brom, Swansea etc. spending or no spending
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:43am On Sep 15, 2015
humblesteve:

Good bro. it would be better if others can do the same esp. Chelseafan1 and chester5

have also stop replying, they are not worth my stress angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) ... (19446) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.