Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,786 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10760883 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) ... (19446) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 8:12am On Sep 15, 2015
Nihilist:

We are now stuck in a vicious cycle where we need confidence to win a game, but we need to win a game to gain confidence. I remember Barca had a similar crisis last year when things were bad, Enrique benched Messi, and then Xavi, and the Barca board intervened to work out a solution.

Barcelona never had a similar crisis!

The only crisis they had was the battle of ego between Messi and Enrique! Xavi never had a problem, he was told before the season started that he would not be a 1st team player!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:24am On Sep 15, 2015
homesteady:

Barcelona never had a similar crisis!

The only crisis they had was the battle of ego between Messi and Enrique! Xavi never had a problem, he was told before the season started that he would not be a 1st team player!

If you lack comprehension, then please don't quote me.

My emphasis here was on using a collaborative approach to remediate a poor run of form with Barcelona as an example

The statement in the very next line already States that "it's not quite the same thing"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2015
I've temporarily given up on discussing footie since Saturday, In my bid to bury the disappointments of last weekend, I deliberately had my head buried in p0rn forums cheesy

But since we're looking at suggestions, I would love to call off my sabbatical and chime in.

As it is being said, one thing leads to another. we didn't just drop form overnight, a hell lot of factors contributed to us scraping the bottom of the barrel. And yeah, this isn't about one or two players under-performing, this is about the whole team playing utterly bad.

So how did we get here? I'll be looking at three main factors.

1. Fatigue and Complacency: Ibime questioned our pre-season plans which in time past have been weighed by me as one of the key reasons we're under-performing.

Ibime:
Why did the club sanction post season tour of Asia and only 3 weeks preseason. These ninjas don't look fit.

This view must not be overlooked. These boys look jaded. Who does over 60 games in a season, gets a month break and bounces back with a bang? What should have been done to address this issue was to bring on board two or three key players {CM a must} that would inject a new lease of life and competition into the side.

Two or three key signings would have served as a wake up call for the boys. Neither Falcao or Rahman are key signings. ''Take off your blues or lose your damn place'' would be the message, but as with most champs, we failed to strengthen our first XI, the old kids hit the complacency button and here we are - writing a club's crises notebook.

2. Flawed Midfield Play: When all and sundry were pointing accusing fingers at Ivanovic,I did ask a vital question, have the defence line been getting enough protection from the midfield?

I highlighted how useless Cesc has been in our pivot system and how Matic have become a shadow of himself. Just on Saturday. we saw Matic/Mikel pivot making the same mistake that have cost us points this season - flung the Central midfield wide open for easy bypassing. Check Naismith's second and third goals.

Compare our tackles attempted thus far with that of last season and see how far off we are. The tenacity isn't there anymore, the steel has been lost.

The midfield have been the major undoing of our defence.

3. Jose Mourinho: Don't get me wrong on this, I love the man and I admire his ingenuity. He's intelligent and is a card carrying psychologist BUT he has refused to evolve and it's killing us.

It's about time Mou developed a little humility and to toss the stubbornness. He needs to toss some untouchables to the bench, implement a real meritocracy as the sole criterion for his team selection and developing a rationale team rotation policy. He needs to start thinking outside the box. For pete's sake 4-2-3-1 isn't the only effective formation out there, we phucking look predictable. Can't we roll out 2 forwards at a time? A 4-2-2-2 comes in handy. Jose need to explore other effective options.

Jose need to mend his fences with Eva Caneiro. Our team ''desperately'' need a win however small... any little positive that can change the foreboding ambiance descending on the club. Having done a bit of psychology at college, I believe this would be a huge psychological boost for a team that Jose himself now admits is in a crises of confidence.

Finally, winning is a contagious habit, but when you're low on morale, you eventually lose that habit of winning. Each loss takes away the boys' confidence and that's our biggest problem. We need back-to-back victories to bounce back. I see FBS hollering ''Beat L'arse'', but that got to start with Maccabi tomorrow.

A top 4 finish in the BPL is a Sine qua non but huge priority must now be placed on trying to win at least one and sincerely even both local cup competitions, then getting to the semis of the UCL.

KTBFFH!

CC: Nateevs

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:18am On Sep 15, 2015
@Nihilist

Easy easy bro. That comment will start a fight that derails the real discussion. No name calling please.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 9:32am On Sep 15, 2015
Nihilist:

If you lack comprehension, then please don't quote me.

My emphasis here was on using a collaborative approach to remediate a poor run of form with Barcelona as an example

The statement in the very next line already States that "it's not quite the same thing"

Mr man, stop creating Phantom stories just to make yourself look intelligent!

Messi wasn't benched because of any 'poor run of form'! He and Neymar were benched because they came back late form South America!

Barcelona never had any crisis because of poor run of form - thats if any happened! The January crisis was as a result of Enrique's different lineup for every match and the match were Messi and Neymar were benched and we lost! Messi missed training the next day, started following Chelsea and some other things. Is Messi wanting to leave barcelona not enough to cause a war?

You now addes Xavi was benched to spice up your story, he wanted to even leave before last season, but Enrique told him to stay but he won't be a 1st team player! So how does benching Xavi signify any crisis?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:40am On Sep 15, 2015
homesteady:

Mr man, stop creating Phantom stories just to make yourself look intelligent!

Messi wasn't benched because of any 'poor run of form'! He and Neymar were benched because they came back late form South America!

Barcelona never had any crisis because of poor run of form - thats if any happened! The January crisis was as a result of Enrique's different lineup for every match and the match were Messi and Neymar were benched and we lost! Messi missed training the next day, started following Chelsea and some other things. Is Messi wanting to leave barcelona not enough to cause a war?

You now addes Xavi was benched to spice up your story, he wanted to even leave before last season, but Enrique told him to stay but he won't be a 1st team player! So how does benching Xavi signify any crisis?

You lack comprehension.

I wasn't even talking about Messi's loss of form....and I was saying that Xavi AND the board had to intervene...

Never mind
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:53am On Sep 15, 2015
nateevs:
@Nihilist

Easy easy bro. That comment will start a fight that derails the real discussion. No name calling please.

noted.

Anyway, I cannot agree with this whole fatigue excuse.

No team in Europe played more games than Barca last season, then they went to US and Italy for preseason. And then to Russia for super cup.

Meanwhile several of their key players also played in Copa America, some even playing in the final. They are top of the table with the EXACT SAME squad from last season.

A Manyoo fan may come here and try to obfuscate facts, but the key fact is that Man City had a core group of 8 players that appeared in at least 30 matches for them last season...The exact same as Chelsea. i.e Man City/Chelsea played the same core group of players in the league for at least 3/4 of the season last term, yet one is in 1st place and the other is 17th.Mind you, Man City also went to Asia for preseason.

Arsenal played more or less the same team almost into the ground last term, Sanchez in particular. Wenger even came out to say that he was worried that Sanchez was in the 'red zone' as far back as January/February. They went to the FA Cup final, and Sanchez went to Copa America. Yet we are 17th and they are 4th.

This 'Fatigue' I notice has not stopped Hazard from scoring 2 goals in 2 games for Belgium during the international break. Or can we blame 'Fatigue' for copping 2 Red cards in 4 games? Can we blame fatigue for Costa's lack of form even though he didn't play so much last term relatively? Or can we blame fatigue for Zouma not being very good this season? 'Fatigue' does not explain why Ivanovic would turn his back on a goal bound shot from Naismith.

And this is all after Chelsea players had an extra week's holiday in preseason too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by humblesteve(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2015
Chestar5:

have also stop replying, they are not worth my stress angry
That's okay. I pray we win tomorrow and weekend too, if not there's BIGGER problem.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2015
Gary Neville analyses Chelsea's midfield problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=266&v=9jhIqRX7Da0
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2015
raumdeuter:
Since I am the number 1 hater, I would go first

Chelsea number 1 problem was that the fans, players, coaches and management OVERRATED the performance of last season . Let me put it this way, Chelsea dominated domestically last season because they were better than the opposition, not because they were great on their own. Its like someone getting 1st position with a 65% score where that score in another year wont even get you 5th position. Last year the traditional powers had problems City battled injuries to key players, Man Utd was recovering from Moyes years and Arsenal was just Arsenal. Even clubs like Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham had poor seasons compared to what they've done in recent years

This is also one of the reason EPL has fallen to 3rd in the UEFA ranking, the clubs and league dont really want to accept that the standard of their football has fallen greatly and do something about it, rather they would excuse it as an off year, just unlucky or they werent focusing on Europe. Or hang on to meaningless accolades like, Its still the most popular, most watched or its the most entertaining.

Can you compare any of the top teams to the same club between 2005-2009? E.g Chelsea of then vs Chelsea of now, Man Utd of then vs Man Utd of now, Liverpool of then vs Liverpool of now etc You would also notice the gap in quality and their continental strenght

Can any sincere person compare the competition and quality of players in EPL in the last 4yrs to the one between 2005-2009? That coincided with the time EPL was rated the best in Europe and rightly so. Nowadays EPL club approach Bayern, Barca, Madrid atimes PSG as a firm underdog

2. This might sound cliche-ish, but the truth is when you dont improve, you retrogress. There is no maintaining your position, Buying new players not only improve your squad, it also put older players on their toes and avoid complacency

Chelsea's plan literarily was to start the same 11 from last season that won the league. (The Pedro deal was an after thought) and like you know 12months is a long time in competitive sport like football

You see top clubs like Barca, Bayern and Madrid in the last year clearing house with players that are club icons(Xavi, Schweini and Casillas) which were not popular decisions among section of the fans and more would happen in the next 2yrs in those clubs but Chelsea still want to hold on to Ivanovic, Ramires, Mikel and Terry for sentimental reasons.
Getting to the top is easy staying at the top is the problem. If Chelsea just want to be local champs in England, they also stand a risk of falling behind, but if they set a target of being the best in Europe(e.g Mourinho first reign), performance in the league would automatically improve

Lastly, I know Mourinho is popular around here but him and the club management did a lot of LAZY scouting and senseless buying in the past 3 yrs. Purchases in the past few years are like someone buying from reading goal.com articles. I can guarantee you that if the market was still open, with the current crisis, Chelsea would have bought POGBA(The obvious goal.com readers buy). The only purchase in the last 3yrs that have made sense was Matic which was an error sale to start with

Atletico beat Chelsea next thing raid them for Costa without doing a background check on his entire 10yrs career before then and his injury record + temper, Goal.com shouting Cuadrado and just pay the money when almost every astute football watcher knew he wasnt made for top level football- He is a Quaresma like entertainer, Man Utd wants Fabregas and Pedro you just hijack them. You buy Baba, Felipe Luiz etc You have youths and purchases scattered them all over Europe, trading off and burning the bridge with some quality players who could have helped now e.g KDB, Salah, and dont even have any plan to play them even in low profile games. Papa Djiboloji bought might never play next season he would be loaned to Newcatle while Chelsea breaks the bank for an obvious defender like Godin, Chiellini or Sergio Ramos forgetting they are getting old

In some clubs the buys who make the difference are the obscure buys which no one paid attention to e.g Vidic to Man Utd, Rakitic to Barca treble, Javi Martinez and Mandzukic to Bayern treble, or the internal player which everyone had almost written off e.g Di Maria in Madrid la decima, or Busquets to Peps Barca

As a Bayern fan I am already seeing the difference Douglas Costa is making which many fans and media followers including me would never have thought of. These people are paid millions to scout and buy players, they should be better than just reading newspapers like us fans

When Mourinho took this job, Maybe he thought it was the same Chelsea of 2005 who was the richest in Europe, had unlimited money to buy 11 players, 9 craps 2 good, next season buy another 11. Nowadays at least 5 clubs are ready to match you in spendings for the few quality available so your scouting has to be better than just rolling dice and hoping to hit double six.

Yours hatefully

Raumdeuter

coogar, nihilist, ibime, debosky, A40, pataki, elampiro, starboard, roland17
Who hacked this account and what you done to DAYO?
But more seriously, while all your points are very right.....It can't be the reason why we have lost 3 out of 4.
Take a look at Dortmund, last season and now...
The City of last season is not too different from this current team ....
Its psychological
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:26am On Sep 15, 2015
nateevs:
Oya correct question for all Chelsea fans.

I commend those who have an opinion on why we this disaster persists. However, I am seeing a lot of people disagreeing with others without stating exactly what they think is wrong.

So folks, what exactly is wrong? Healthy debates please. No name calling. And please don't criticize others if you haven't made a contribution.

the drive and the desire are seriously lacking this time.
it's not a question of quality or fatigue. wetin be fatigue?
the average age of man city squad is 28.1, that of chelsea is 26.1
in a nutshell, city players are much older across the board and yet they have maintained 100% without conceding a goal.

mourinho is also very stubborn.
ivanovic isn't a right back....he's the weakest link in the chelsea side.
everyone knows this but in the past he could nick a couple of goals in a game to cushion his liability status.
this season, he hasn't done anything attacking wise and his area is the most targeted by chelsea's opponents.

cesc fabregas has disappointed a lot.
his general play has deteriorated and even the set pieces are nothing to write home about lately.
i still think he should be playing just behind costa & jose should have gotten a proper MF to partner matic.
the system failure chelsea are experiencing this season has a lot to do with mourinho and this rot started
towards the end of last season......to the preseason and it still persists!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2015
Tval:
Gary Neville analyses Chelsea's midfield problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=266&v=9jhIqRX7Da0
Gary is the best.....I respect that guy...
Unlike Owen and Jamie
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:06am On Sep 15, 2015
Good comments coming in. Still waiting to hear from more folks. Ibime, Nitlad, (Bimfo, FBS. The two folks who never say more than a few lines)

Mourinholic, TVal. Your views also expected.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GIYAZZ(m): 11:20am On Sep 15, 2015
nateevs:
Good comments coming in. Still waiting to hear from more folks. Ibime, Nitlad, (Bimfo, FBS. The two folks who never say more than a few lines)

Mourinholic, TVal. Your views also expected.
Ibime and Airmark. Please just come to this thread and give us atleast 3 mins of your time and vote on the battle. Pls we need your professional verds. The battle without your verds is rubbish.

www.nairaland.com/2599653/darkrebel-vs-giyazz-holocaust-part#38014802
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2015
I don't want to blame Jose much, but he is one of the reasons we are currently undergoing this disastrous moment. Mourinho is known to be the type that takes risks, but that is not the case anymore. He now fears to make changes to his formation, the reason why Ivanovic still plays as an RB when we all saw how he was constantly exposed by wingers. Again, Mourinho should also take the blame for not buying someone to partner Matic. And lastly, the team needs a good psychologist, they are currently lacking the desire to fight.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 11:38am On Sep 15, 2015
@nateevs, i dont know if my opinion is needed but chelsea problem is psycological
Chelsea problem is mourinho
Chelsea problem is Ivanovic
Chelsea problem is Chelsea
We need new tactics, bench lazy iva a while and lets see if he can get his vibe back.....
Bpl teams really prepared well mentally for this season, with big money they generated they made neccessary changes...

One mistake chelsea made was against mancity, our weakness was spotted and we failed to see it instead we signed pedro, good signing but dat was not our flaws..... Oscar injury sort of messed things up a little....other teams saw this flaw, and we were punished....

I dont know d solution to the problem, all i can hope is for us to be back with a bang....i know that this season will be full of suprises, i just hope we have a positive one...

#BRINGBACKOURCHELSEAcheesy

signed by a concerned blues supporterwink

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2015
Everyone blaming the defence forgetting the attack. An effective and efficient attack complements the defence.

The number one problem is the laxity of the midfielders thereby exposing the defence. Defenders now face one on one with strikers and we know the rest.

Ivanovic vulnerability didn't start this season. The midfield and attack are not doing their job. The defence would always concede.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Which one is all these serious analysis and comments, my fellow united fans, i'm disappointed in you guys, we suppose dey mock these guys with everything, I don't like this friendship oh

Remember how they flooded our thread when they signed pedro, mocking us with memes and the rest, kings of hijacking, make una go hijack first place from man city hand na, Lubbish, who cares what their problem is, did they care what our problem was when they were all over our thread mocking us? Una dey here dey do analysis

[size=18pt]LONG MAY YOUR WOES CONTINUE

Down is where you'll remain[/size] angry angry Lubbish

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Could it be that the players are tired after hard fought games from the last season? No I doubt it. Did Chelsea really put up an outstanding performance last season? NO! Every other team were caught napping and Chelsea seized the moment and capitalized on it. Before we knew it, they were points ahead and remained focused to the end of last season.

So what has really changed? Where did it all go wrong for this team? My personal opinion is that the buck starts and ends with Mourinho. He is solely responsible for the outcome and poor results Chelsea has so far churned out. He seems to be living in a different reality to what the modern game of football is now dictating. His thoughts seems scattered and all over the place. His pride and stubborness seems to have gotten a better hold of him.

For examples, when Chelsea were displaying poor preseason games, he termed preseason to be a fake. Seriously? Those were the early warning signs that something is wrong somewhere. Those saying he should go and beg Eva; that is absolute bumkum! Chelsea started losing way before the Eva issue started.

When Chelsea played against Arsenal, the poor form of Ivanovic was not even visible and known at that time. Tactically, Mourinho lost it. Rather than Mourinho living up to the reality of the loss for the first time against Wenger, he came up with an excuse: Community Shield is for losers, Arsenal were playing with 11 men behind the ball, bla bla bla.

Moving into the EPL proper, Chelsea began their game against Swansea. Ended in a draw, and a red card if I remember correctly now. Mourinho decided to scapegoat Eva. Labelling her as naive due to theatric from Eden Hazard. Made a public show of shame of that lady. Trust the English press, they made so much noise and issue out of this. Chelsea players are not oblivious to this kind of internal wranglings and distractions which will surely have an effect on their game.

Moving on further, Chelsea faced ManCity. This was the height of delusion from Mourinho. I remember during his press conference when asked a question about coaches staying in the club even when they are not productive as such, he had to in anecdote refer and insult Wenger. Yet again, the English press made a spectacle out of it. Mourinho has suddenly developed this atmosphere of making everything about Chelsea all about him. When Chelsea lost against ManCity, this was the height of delusion by coming out to say, the better team in the second half lost! Seriously?! The same so-called better team that gulped in two goals in the second half? Did we all watch the same game or Mourinho watched a different game entirely?

For those probably thinking Jose is naive, I don't think he is. This is the same Jose who without any fear or reservations, pulled out a John Terry immediately it became clear that the dude was not up to the game against ManCity. Ivanovic might be the weakest link in the team, but I think in the mind of Jose, he is considering who can effectively replace Ivanovic within this team? Jose's area of strength has always been in the defence. However, I don't think he is living in the reality of what every other Chelsea fan is seeing of Ivanovic at the moment.

Or maybe he is actually seeing the plot but he is clueless about the effective solution. Against Crystal Palace, after the match he came up with the excuse that he needed four substitutions in the game. This however indicates that Jose Mourinho is confused tactically about the present squad.

Lastly, buying players he himself admitted was not his own making but from someone he trusts 100% smacks of someone who is excuse ready for the exit should the ruthless Russian lose his marbles about Jose's continued poor performance.......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
dopeJemi:
Which one is all these serious analysis and comments, my fellow united fans, i'm disappointed in you guys, we suppose dey mock these guys with everything, I don't like this friendship oh

Remember how they flooded our thread when they signed pedro, mocking us with memes and the rest, kings of hijacking, make una go hijack first place from man city hand na, Lubbish, who cares what their problem is, did they care what our problem was when they were all over our thread mocking us? Una dey here dey do analysis

Chestar5, this manure fan cannot take care of you oh! Lemme find you a correct guy abeg. grin See how he is making fun of your relegation empowered team! angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
Alright folks, seems like Jose got our message.

'Yes I am going to make a couple of changes because I have to try a different dynamic. I have to give chances to people who are not playing.

'I know the consequence of that, if I make a couple of changes, it is because I want to give chances to people.

I know that you will say: 'if I leave out Azpilicueta it a problem with Azpilicueta, if I leave out John Terry it is the same with John Terry, or if I leave out Cesc Fabregas it is the same with Cesc Fabregas.

'I have a squad, I trust the squad, the market is closed so we cannot replace players we lose trust in. I like my squad, I trust them. I don't have ten players I don't have to play the same ten or 11, and I can make changes.'

- JM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nihilist:

noted.

Anyway, I cannot agree with this whole fatigue excuse.

No team in Europe played more games than Barca last season, then they went to US and Italy for preseason. And then to Russia for super cup.

Meanwhile several of their key players also played in Copa America, some even playing in the final. They are top of the table with the EXACT SAME squad from last season.

A Manyoo fan may come here and try to obfuscate facts, but the key fact is that Man City had a core group of 8 players that appeared in at least 30 matches for them last season...The exact same as Chelsea. i.e Man City/Chelsea played the same core group of players in the league for at least 3/4 of the season last term, yet one is in 1st place and the other is 17th.Mind you, Man City also went to Asia for preseason.

Arsenal played more or less the same team almost into the ground last term, Sanchez in particular. Wenger even came out to say that he was worried that Sanchez was in the 'red zone' as far back as January/February. They went to the FA Cup final, and Sanchez went to Copa America. Yet we are 17th and they are 4th.

This 'Fatigue' I notice has not stopped Hazard from scoring 2 goals in 2 games for Belgium during the international break. Or can we blame 'Fatigue' for copping 2 Red cards in 4 games? Can we blame fatigue for Costa's lack of form even though he didn't play so much last term relatively? Or can we blame fatigue for Zouma not being very good this season? 'Fatigue' does not explain why Ivanovic would turn his back on a goal bound shot from Naismith.

And this is all after Chelsea players had an extra week's holiday in preseason too.

Gary Lineker made few interesting points hours ago.

“It's the Spanish who do well because they've got a form of playing that's particularly exhausting and they keep the ball,” said Lineker.

"We completely kill ourselves in the Christmas period with the madness of our fixtures. Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, OK. Do that but why the middle Saturday as well? Get rid of that one and replays in Cup competitions. You've go to remember as well that our football is more frantic so we don't really help ourselves.

"You come to February and all the other major countries have had a little bit of a break and we've been going bang, bang, bang. You could see it with Chelsea, they are a better team than Paris St Germain but they looked shattered. We can compete but, and, it's the same with international football, we don't help ourselves.”
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pataki:

Chestar5, this manure fan cannot take care of you oh! Lemme find you a correct guy abeg. grin See how he is making fun of your relegation empowered team! angry angry

lol, u are really a case. What have i got to do with wat dopejemi said....u seriously like to drink panadol for anoda person headache undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
Incoming:

There have been claims of training ground bust-ups between players, while a club source has revealed 'jokes or banter' have been banned ahead of tomorrow night's (7.45pm) Champions League clash with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

However, despite Mourinho presiding over Chelsea's worst start to a season since 1988 the Portuguese tactician has been backed by owner Abramovich.

The Times report Abramovich is relaxed about the situation and will support Mourinho with funds to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window.

It is claimed that signing a holding midfielder will be a New Year priority at Stamford Bridge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
Chestar5:
@nateevs, i dont know if my opinion is needed but chelsea problem is psycological
Chelsea problem is mourinho
Chelsea problem is Ivanovic
Chelsea problem is Chelsea
We need new tactics, bench lazy iva a while and lets see if he can get his vibe back.....
Bpl teams really prepared well mentally for this season, with big money they generated they made neccessary changes...

One mistake chelsea made was against mancity, our weakness was spotted and we failed to see it instead we signed pedro, good signing but dat was not our flaws..... Oscar injury sort of messed things up a little....other teams saw this flaw, and we were punished....

I dont know d solution to the problem, all i can hope is for us to be back with a bang....i know that this season will be full of suprises, i just hope we have a positive one...

#BRINGBACKOURCHELSEAcheesy

signed by a concerned blues supporterwink

Chestar your views are welcome. The forum is for Chelsea fans and I encourage everyone to say something.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
Chestar5:

lol, u are really a case. What have i got to do with wat dopejemi said....u seriously like to drink panadol for anoda person headache undecided

Some of us are like that. We are like UN soldiers. You will find us transporting Syrian refugees across the length and breadth of Europe. Drinking other people's panadol is our energizer. We ensure world peace is everywhere. Dopejemi na area manure boy. Pataki will find a correct guy that you can place your head upon in these difficult relegation times that your beloved club is entangled in. embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Gary Lineker made few interesting points hours ago.

“It's the Spanish who do well because they've got a form of playing that's particularly exhausting and they keep the ball,” said Lineker.

"We completely kill ourselves in the Christmas period with the madness of our fixtures. Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, OK. Do that but why the middle Saturday as well? Get rid of that one and replays in Cup competitions. You've go to remember as well that our football is more frantic so we don't really help ourselves.

"You come to February and all the other major countries have had a little bit of a break and we've been going bang, bang, bang. You could see it with Chelsea, they are a better team than Paris St Germain but they looked shattered. We can compete but, and, it's the same with international football, we don't help ourselves.”

There is definitely a case for fatigue to be made in February after the craziness of the Christmas period...NOT 5 games into the new season.

These are guys that train for 2 hours a week and then play for 90 minutes on the weekend. It is far too early in the season for fatigue to be a factor.

Everybody has spoken well, and I personally have seen some valid points from almost all posters that chimed in today.(Not counting Dopejemi the aba-made DJ)

To me, it looks like we can distill all the points made today into 3 major problems: Fabregas, Ivanovic, and Jose.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pataki:

Some of us are like that. We are like UN soldiers. You will find us transporting Syrian refugees across the length and breadth of Europe. Drinking other people's panadol is our energizer. We ensure world peace is everywhere. Dopejemi na area manure boy. Pataki will find a correct guy that you can place your head upon in these difficult relegation times that your beloved club is entangled in. embarassed

Crase dey your head grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nyabinghi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
dopeJemi:

abi o

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
AirborneLacer:
Alright folks, seems like Jose got our message.

If I know Mourinho well,the person he is going to drop is Fabregas....
He won't want any dressing room problem like what happened in Madrid...I think that's why he is going soft
He started with Azpi(the best player so far),then Captain Terry before the main guy Fabregas....
To Fabregas, its gonna be like 'well he mentioned Terry and Azpi too'..........

That spell at Madrid might still be playing on his mind,this is a guy that dropped Ramos, called him back.....Dropped Pepe, Dropped Iker and then he suddenly became the bad guy......Iva would have been in Cotonou by now
He is trying to keep the squad United
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
coogar:

the drive and the desire are seriously lacking this time.
it's not a question of quality or fatigue. wetin be fatigue?
the average age of man city squad is 28.1, that of chelsea is 26.1
in a nutshell, city players are much older across the board and yet they have maintained 100% without conceding a goal.

mourinho is also very stubborn.
ivanovic isn't a right back....he's the weakest link in the chelsea side.
everyone knows this but in the past he could nick a couple of goals in a game to cushion his liability status.
this season, he hasn't done anything attacking wise and his area is the most targeted by chelsea's opponents.

cesc fabregas has disappointed a lot.
his general play has deteriorated and even the set pieces are nothing to write home about lately.
i still think he should be playing just behind costa & jose should have gotten a proper MF to partner matic.
the system failure chelsea are experiencing this season has a lot to do with mourinho and this rot started
towards the end of last season......to the preseason and it still persists!

10000000 likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) ... (19446) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.