Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,029 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10478275 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13729) (13730) (13731) (13732) (13733) (13734) (13735) ... (19135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2022
Former Burkina Faso President, Blaise Compaoré, jailed for life for assassination of revolutionary leader Thomas Sankara 35 years ago. Source: NTV Kenya
Nihilist, Havertz10, Ibime and others what are your thoughts on this development?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2022
chelseabmw:
Quick Question: How can we qualify to the
Havertz was the only one concerned about scoring and qualifying last night unlike Pulisic that couldn't stand while the ball was on his feet or Mount who was more concerned about his jerrycurled hairstyle..

If the front 3 can press together and force Madrid defence back while finding pocket of spaces for through balls and crosses, we'd score goals while hoping our DM and defence play cordinated.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:35am On Apr 07, 2022
Amoto94:
Former Burkina Faso President, Blaise Compaoré, jailed for life for assassination of revolutionary leader Thomas Sankara 35 years ago. Source: NTV Kenya
Nihilist, Havertz10, Ibime and others what are your thoughts on this development?

Na why African leaders dey wan die for seat be this

One former west African president once said It will never be Said that "see the Former president there" rather it will be "See the grave of the former president "
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:38am On Apr 07, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Havertz was the only one concerned about scoring and qualifying last night unlike Pulisic that couldn't stand while the ball was on his feet or Mount who was more concerned about his jerrycurled hairstyle..

If the front 3 can press together and force Madrid defence back while finding pocket of spaces for through balls and crosses, we'd score goals while hoping our DM and defence play cordinated.

How many goals do we need to qualify?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:42am On Apr 07, 2022
chelseabmw:

How many goals do we need to qualify?
I think if we win 2 - 0 without any replied goal from Madrid we would qualify.

Hope am right raumdeuter?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:42am On Apr 07, 2022
chelseabmw:
Quick Question: How can we qualify to the next round?

By winning 2-0 in 90 minutes, then forcing the game to extra-time. Then we add the single goal in the extra time while we sitting right at the back.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:46am On Apr 07, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Hope am right ramdeuter?

You need to win by 3 goal margin

2 goal margin only takes you to penalties
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 11:47am On Apr 07, 2022
Skimpledawg:

apostle they have removed that rule, it's more of who score pass ,2-0 and we will be looking at extra time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:56am On Apr 07, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Oh wow! We can do it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2022
I had to waste my data to watch the highlights again to see if I will find Thiago Silva wanting for the second goal but alas I was correct. You guys should remove your biased lenses and analyse football properly and not this agenda everywhere .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfrMVu3y4xc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 11:58am On Apr 07, 2022
using this ownership excuse is bs. we have been winning with it hovering.if we want to blame anyone even starting from mendy. blame go reach everybody las las. for me TT is to be blamed.. tactics & selection was a disaster. last night game reminded me of 3-0 against bayern..azpli was useless in that lwb, mount unanimous, all we needed in that game last night was drop kante to give support to jorginho in the middle but kante self loss..it was painful to lose b2b even in that manner.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
popizaino:
I had to waste my data to watch the highlights again to see if I will find Thiago Silva wanting for the second goal but alas I was correct. You guys should remove your biased lenses and analyse football properly and not this agenda everywhere .

both the first & second benz movements was too good for thiago , man was just marking ghost.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
Popizaino cannot be helped.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 12:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
dostr4:

apostle they have removed that rule, it's more of who score pass ,2-0 and we will be looking at extra time
Omo, I no even get strength to pray sef cos who wan score the 3 goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 12:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

You need to win by 3 goal margin

2 goal margin only takes you to penalties
Thanks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
hensben:
We lack a clever long passer from midfield. A proper winger that can help Havertz upfront.

100% spot on.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
popizaino:

The second goal is not on Silva because even the header from Benzema was not a perfect one. Did you blame Rio Ferdinand for messi's header in 2009?

I'd even rather blame him more for the second rather than the first. He has a hand in the first one, sure, but at least I can make a case and say he wanted to try to get close to Vinicius - whom had lost his marker in Christensen - to prevent him from advancing further into the box or to intercept a potential square ball. But the second goal was definitely on him. Silva lost his man, and there's no excuse of him going to track someone else.

Hopefully he and others like Rudiger, Mendy and Kante pick up form soonest, starting on Saturday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Omo, I no even get strength to pray sef cos who wan score the 3 goals

Pray, apostle. Pray.

Do your part and leave the rest cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
Who will you blame for Gerrad's goal ? grin

Nesta or stam ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft2ycrxgsWk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
Amoto94:

Babangida government killed Dele giwa 36 years ago.

Today everybody who wants to become Nigeria's president goes to Minna to consult Babangida as an elder statesman....smh.

Anybody interested can read Dele Giwa's story here : https://www.thehistoryville.com/dele-giwa-bombed-1986

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
popizaino:

Mount is poor no two ways about it.
Some people think otherwise.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
donjazet:

You are correct. A discussion has to be had about Kante. He is becoming a liability to the team. I've always said that his lack of goals and assists as a central midfielder would come back and bite us. Nobody expects goals and assists from only the attackers. Midfielders have to chip in.
The signs were there last season but his CL run covered them. Both of them are performing below 50% this season and it's now glaring.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

The first 2 goals were Silvas fault. Another example of him being found wanting on big occasions
lst goal no way, 2nd goal is on him sure.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
The board and Tuchel have their own share too. They should have signed a backup for either Kante or Jorginho after last season. After Chilwell got injured, they refused to sign a backup LWB and instead recalled Kennedy.
Tuchel will tell us whether Kante and Mount have his nudes. Baba will bench our best midfielder this season and has even refused to look at Saul after his little improvement. Ziyech is being benched by a midfielder. I just tire undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
popizaino:

Even the cameraman made it easy for u by showing Thiago Silva's guilty face immediately after the second goal, yet u claim u didnt find him wanting ….lmao grin

Person wey lose him man and allowed him luxury of time to jump and pick an impossible angle to place his header.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
swiz123:
Can someone objectively tell me between Courtois and Mendy who is an overall better goal keeper.

This statement is just too "agendic"

It's impossible to name on one hand, 3 goalkeepers better than Courtois right now, and of course, Mendy isn't close at all.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
pamcode:
lst goal no way, 2nd goal is on him sure.

First goal, who was Silva marking, Or why did he leave Benzema and who did he leave Benzema to?
https://streamable.com/oazlnf

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Even the cameraman made it easy for u by showing Thiago Silva's guilty face immediately after the second goal, yet u claim u didnt find him wanting ….lmao grin

Person wey lose him man and allowed him luxury of time to jump and pick an impossible angle to place his header.

I couldnt post the gif
Take a look at this

https://streamable.com/jn1x2l

[img]https://streamable.com/jn1x2l[/img]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Babangida government killed Dele giwa 36 years ago.

Today everybody who wants to become Nigeria's president goes to Minna to consult Babangida as an elder statesman....smh.

Anybody interested can read Dele Giwa's story here : https://www.thehistoryville.com/dele-giwa-bombed-1986

Thanks for the article.

Babangida is still alive, Buhari is still our President, all I have to say is there is no karma better do your own back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
BlueRayDick:

So na by camera man again? grin grin grin grin

Iniesta should definitely take the blame from the bench for Roma loss some seasons ago. You know the cameraman was showing his guilty face too after the last goal grin grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
popizaino:
Who will you blame for Gerrad's goal ? grin

Nesta or stam ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft2ycrxgsWk

The question is still begging for answers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

I couldnt post the gif
Take a look at this

https://streamable.com/jn1x2l

[img]https://streamable.com/jn1x2l[/img]

This video angle is perfect! Imagine Silva looked back and saw Benzema few seconds before the pass yet he didn't anticipate Benz's move neither did he do anything to prevent the goal...yet popizaino is saying he didn't find him wanting. He's even accusing people of coming up with agenda.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13729) (13730) (13731) (13732) (13733) (13734) (13735) ... (19135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: VicThory(m), raumdeuter, A001 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.