Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,979 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10453795 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14619) (14620) (14621) (14622) (14623) (14624) (14625) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:
you saying sterling has more numbers than mane for 6 seasons straight shocked
Sterling has been more productive than Mane for the last 6 seasons.

It’s just like saying Kane has been more productive than Son for the last 6 seasons, then you start objecting because of last season.

Check Sterling and Mane numbers for the last 6 seasons.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
He was offered a new contract. I wonder why you keep ignoring that part. If he was not needed why will City offer a player currently earning 300k a week a new contract?
lol even Madrid were rumoured to want him, a non serious wanting I presume
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2022
donstan18:

Sterling has been more productive than Mane for the last 6 seasons.

It’s just like saying Kane has been more productive than Son for the last 6 seasons, then you start objecting because of last season.

Check Sterling and Mane numbers for the last 6 seasons.
Mane has been better the past two seasons

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:
Mane had one less than the 28G&A he had this season
Cap. See the numbers now compare which of them needed to play more centrally (this season) to get it.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:
Mane has been better the past two seasons

Last 2 seasons....

Mane 53G/A

Sterling 52G/A
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
Griffon:

The next man should find a way out. Either to jettison those who don’t fit into his own ideals or work with what he has.

I think the only manager in modern football who tend to work with the pack at his disposal without bothering the board so much is Carlo Ancelloti. Apart from him, every other top manager have a demand to make, except for Pep, who always want to take the entire market home.
Only Pep has the qualities it takes to have that control over a team because he delivers.

Others shouldn’t....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:
lol even Madrid were rumoured to want him, a non serious wanting I presume
Madrid have their Rodrygo and Vinicius and both of them together earn less than Raheem. Never mind Eden.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2022
donstan18:

Last 2 seasons....

Mane 53G/A

Sterling 52G/A

And Sterling played less games. 96 for Raheem and 99 for Mané.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2022
donstan18:

Last 2 seasons....

Mane 53G/A

Sterling 52G/A

ya I know, but that doesn't undermine sterling in anyway, sterling has had good numbers for almost a decade, dishing out 20+ G&A

But honestly for the last two seasons Mane has been the better LW, even Son has been better

Maybe because sterling hasn't been consistent in the team, maybe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
Madrid have their Rodrygo and Vinicius and both of them together earn less than Raheem. Never mind Eden.
and Asensio grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
When they are with Pep, they are the entire market. Now take the same players, they refused. Stones is not good. Aké not good. Laporte not good.

Valdez not good. Pique not good.

But when Pep wins with those same players.

"Formidable". "Anyone could have won with them".
When you want to know truth is when someone is faced with realities.

Suddenly Zinchenko, Jesus, Sterling, Stones, Ake, Laporte are no longer good for their club to buy. Same group of people will tell you All Man city first and 2nd 11 is great payers when it suit them.

Even spirit of confusion is confused sef grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:
ya I know, but that doesn't undermine sterling in anyway, sterling has had good numbers for almost a decade, dishing out 20+ G&A

But honestly for the last two seasons Mane has been the better LW, even Son has been better

Son better last 2 seasons..100% correct. Mané? I disagree. Mané was playing so badly this season as a winger that they moved him to CF position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2022
Jodera:
When you want to know truth is when someone is faced with realities.

Suddenly Zinchenko, Jesus, Sterling, Stones, Ake, Laporte are no longer good for their club to buy. Same group of people will tell you All Man city first and 2nd 11 is great payers when it suit them.

Even spirit of confusion is confused sef grin
You are furnished with wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:
mehn fvck resale value, it's the club's money... What I care about is if he will be the best left winger in EPL and help us win trophies with loads of goals

All this one na yarns till he gives us 90 minutes 30 games 90, double digits goals and assists

You Chelsea fans are insatiable.

It’s no longer about an upgrade on what we have but to become the best left winger in EPL?

I’m not concerned about his resale value either, what I need now is a team that can break City’s dominance and try to make it three UCL glories.

Sterling’s numbers speak volume. Here you have a man who’s been doing double figures in the last four seasons in the PL despite not being a regular at some point.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
Cap. See the numbers now compare which of them needed to play more centrally (this season) to get it.
you trying to say Sterling didn't play "more centrally" or what because to me those minutes are even looking closer for someone who was in and out of the team (sterling)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
donstan18:

Sterling has been more productive than Mane in the last 6 years.

Why last 6yrs? Why not last 3yrs?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:

No winger dead or alive in EPL has been more consistent than Sterling for the last 6 years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueMann:
“I think it’s now a game of who is going to give up, Barca’s message tonight is we’re not giving up, the message from Leeds is clear as of today, we want way more than Barca’s last proposal and we want to do the deal with Chelsea”

@FabrizioRomano
#CFC

First to give up bayi...see wahala
Leeds are really helping us. They will not relegate next season. That broke ass club can go to hell with their invisible money.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
airmark:

Why last 6yrs? Why not last 3yrs?
Maybe you’ll use past 1 year to compare Benzema and Giroud too.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
Griffon:

It’s no longer about an upgrade on what we have but to become the best left winger in EPL?

I’m not concerned about his resale value either, what I need now is a team that can break City’s dominance and try to make it three UCL glories.

Sterling’s numbers speak volume. Here you have a man who’s been doing double figures in the last four seasons in the PL despite not being a regular at some point.
No doubt is clear but still understand those Chelsea fans point of view. Sterling is a top winger, one of the best but, BUT, in a team where chances don't come so often, where players like Werner, Ziyech failed to replicate those numbers. Forgive them for not being too optimistic about the sterling signing

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:
you trying to say Sterling didn't play "more centrally" or what because to me those minutes are even looking closer for someone who was in and out of the team (sterling)
Yes, Pep rotates every player not named Rodri, Ederson, Diaz and KdB. Sterling like even Mahrez was rotated. But he played more as a winger than Mané.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
When they are with Pep, they are the entire market. Now take the same players, they refused. Stones is not good. Aké not good. Laporte not good.

Valdez not good. Pique not good.

But when Pep wins with those same players.

"Formidable". "Anyone could have won with them".

Gabriel Jesus is now average also ,according to one guy here

See the kind players pep take Dey win league ,after dem go say pep get everything by him side

Ask them what makes Valdez a bad GK they will all go dumb

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2022
donstan18:

Only Pep has the qualities it takes to have that control over a team because he delivers.

Others shouldn’t....

When you take the market home, you must deliver. If I decide to move into management today and I’m fortunate to be handed an open Cheque to build my squad, nigga with the little knowledge I have about footie, I go deliver.

Make una no dey hype what pep does. Many aren’t fortunate to be up there chatting with Sheikh Mansour.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
Griffon:

I hope you consider that he played for a City team that created numerous chances for their attackers. Sterling is known to be wasteful in front of goals and now playing for Chelsea that don't create chances like City, it's a stupid gamble paying 55m for such attacker.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
Yes, Pep rotates every player not named Rodri, Ederson, Diaz and KdB. Sterling like even Mahrez was rotated. But he played more as a winger than Mané.
Even KDB has played false9 for Pep before.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2022
BlueAngel444:

No doubt is clear but still understand those Chelsea fans point of view. Sterling is a top winger, one of the best but, BUT, in a team where chances don't come so often, where players like Werner, Ziyech failed to replicate those numbers. Forgive them for not being too optimistic about the sterling signing

In this case, who do you guys suggest we sign instead?

I mean who’s that guy that doesn’t really count on big chances created to rack up his figures?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
donstan18:

Maybe you’ll use past 1 year to compare Benzema and Giroud too.

3yrs is ok, wtf is 6yrs?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
see what sets sterling apart from his peers, son and mane, are those crucial misses that probably cost his place in man city XI

It's normal to miss chances, all players do, maybe because Sterling is English that's why the pressure or expectation is much from him from the fans and media. Sterling was responsible for the first two EPL wins those Pks, dying minute goals and so, but this last two he was a team/squad player he didn't shine like before like he is on a decline or something
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
Griffon:

When you take the market home, you must deliver. If I decide to move into management today and I’m fortunate to be handed an open Cheque to build my squad, nigga with the little knowledge I have about footie, I go deliver.

Make una no dey hype what pep does. Many aren’t fortunate to be up there chatting with Sheikh Mansour.
He deserves whatever hype he’s getting.

He has comfortably turned EPL to farmers league, winning 4 in 5 years.

Give him his credit.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
airmark:

3yrs is ok, wtf is 6yrs?
No winger since the history of EPL has been more productive than Sterling in 6 years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Gabriel Jesus is now average also ,according to one guy here

See the kind players pep take Dey win league ,after dem go say pep get everything by him side

Ask them what makes Valdez a bad GK they will all go dumb
Ment.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
donstan18:

He deserves whatever hype he’s getting.

He has comfortably turned EPL to farmers league, winning 4 in 5 years.

Give him his credit.

I’ll do better, I’ll win 5 in 5 years.

Pep is playing fantasy football with that City side.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14619) (14620) (14621) (14622) (14623) (14624) (14625) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.