Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,774 members, 7,866,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10757513 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15233) (15234) (15235) (15236) (15237) (15238) (15239) ... (19436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 2:49am On Aug 20, 2022
angry arsenal progress dey vex me ,I pray make Dem lose today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:00am On Aug 20, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
ib.ime thinks getting perisic from inter is a smart deal than cucurella ,the perisic is 33 ,now we are buying cheap aubameyang who is an EPL proven striker for £20-25(including add ons) ,now he doesn't think it's a smart deal deal because aubameyang is 33 ,wait let me get this straight , you want perisic from inter who is 33 ,but you don't want aubameyang from Barca who is cheap because he is 33,oga pick a side! cheesy . cucurella deal is even cheaper than getting perisic because if we buy him it's also for short term which means ,we will probably still look for replacement for that same role in this nearest future , some people no dey reason do they ? cheesy. I will keep calling out his bullshit cheesy I don't care ow many fanbois he has on this thread that keeps liking his shit.

You type like an illiterate. Perisic is free, Auba is £20m to £25m. Get that through your thick skull

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 20, 2022
Ibime:

You type like an illiterate. Perisuc is free, Auba is £20m to £25m. Get that through your thick skull
Calm down you old man.

You reason like an illiterate, I am happy your opinion doesn't matter outside this space.

Shame on you.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:28am On Aug 20, 2022
airmark:

I really don't see anything wrong in Cucurella's deal. He can play Lcb, Lwb and I won't be surprised if he can even play in the middle if need arises.

Also, the Spaniard has a resale value and he has already upgraded the team compared to how we fared last season in the absence of Chilwell.

Tuchel would be stupid not to buy him or depend on players that are not naturally gifted to play the role, while Chilwell battles with full fitness. This is 2022, the competition is rife compared to 6yrs ago, and we are competing in more competitions unlike when Conte won us Epl.

There is nothing that makes sense about Cucurella deal. If your big spender Pep could draw the line at £40m when Brighton asked for £50m, then Tuchel paying £62m plus Colwill on loan is a mugu deal.

Cucurella was fairly priced at £40m being he is not an international player, yet we somehow paid the same price for Kuku as PSG paid for Hakimi. For context, Hakimi had 20 GA when PSG signed him. Kuku has 1 GA last season.

We already have a £50m LWB, you add a £62m one and put the £50m one (Chilwell) at risk of value going to zero like we have done to Pulisic et al. I don't buy the argument of Cucurella playing LCB at 5ft 7 being used to justify that amount either. If I want a CB, I will buy a centre-back that looks like one, not a midget.

Chilwell is a £50m LB with 4 GA in 7 EPL games last season and 9 GA in 30 the season and we are just going to make him redundant till he leaves on free transfer or loan, when a versatile and non-threatening option like Perisic or Aaron Hickey that went to Brentford is there. These are two players that can play both LWB and RWB, giving a genuine path for recovery for Chilwell, not locking him out like Cucurella will. And they are budget friendly.

The way to make crazy behaviour look normal is to follow up with an even more outrageous stunt. Because Tuchel now followed up the Cucurella deal with this Fofana and Aubameyang nonsense, Cucurella deal is actually starting to look sane. Below is the sane response to Brighton which came from the mouth of "point and kill" Pep Guardiola

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:12am On Aug 20, 2022
Ibime:

You will see something this season about class. Perisic is a WB that you won't be able to tell if he's left footed or right footed. Every cross from either foot hits the target. And he crosses with the outside of his foot regularly too.

Class is permanent. The only reason we should get a chance to pick up a classy player like Perisic with only competition from Spurs is that all the other big clubs don't play a wingback system. This guy is class all over.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:13am On Aug 20, 2022
I have watched our game against spurs 3 times now from start to finish

Sterling can’t beat a man to save his life, mount is invisible and doesn’t contribute to our attack, Jorginho shouldn’t start a any game for Chelsea

But there is something I noticed that I want to mostly focus on, when we are attacking for all the pressures and possession, our game plan mostly results in crosses

Now say what you like about crossing but chances created that way are usually difficult and most of the attempts are wasted, poor ball, too much power, lack of understanding

The 2nd goal was a beautiful transition play goal, but it’s not something that we can do regularly, we really need forward thinking midfielders, kante tries but not enough, so many forwards passes are there to be made that he misses, personally I will have focused on de Jong instead of auba, our team isn’t creative enough, there are times that it just looks like if they are out of ideas and just trying whatever comes to mind

Watch city and Liverpool, everybody knows what they should be doing, tuchel is really messing up

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 7:18am On Aug 20, 2022
I just want us to maintain last week momentum, especially Kai Havertz.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:18am On Aug 20, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
that cucurella deal still they pain am to en bone marrow , you say say guehi is better than Thiago Silva ,week 1 , Thiago Silva man of the match guehi own goal ,you say perisic is better than cucurella week 2 , cucurella assist , perisic nowhere to be found in that match cheesy, the koulibaly nkor ,he scored his first goal! ,man ib.me keeps taking L back to back grin ,God this season go sweet. many people go cry wetin good havertz10 and jorginho fanbois una turn they come una never see anything.

Who assisted Tottenham last goal?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2022
Singapore1:
I just want us to maintain last week momentum, especially Kai Havertz.

I swear

I have no issues drawing any top 6. Let us not drop points against the rest.

I believe in Kai this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:24am On Aug 20, 2022
timbros:

You know why people don't take you serious? Because of you Havertz bias.

Your problem is not Auba's age, price tag etc... Your problem is the threat on Havertz game time.

To prove my point, let me ask you something. What will be your take if Auba's arrival specifically threatens Mount's place in the starting XI? Will you honestly be against the transfer?
When I called out lukaku was it because of havertz, it’s very simple, natural strikers will struggle at Chelsea, it’s so obvious, this is not because I like havertz, it’s a matter of taking actions that would be beneficial to our club, auba isn’t the way to go, this was how you guys kept saying that Lukaku would complete the system and it failed, open your eyes, sterling has stated clearly that he came to start games, auba almost burnt down arsenal when he was sidelined, so you have 2 permanent starters that are by and large limited

Add mount and we are in for a long season of wailings, watch our game against spurs again and focus on havertz, his intelligent pressing led to so many turnovers for Chelsea, he brings a lot to our play, what’s going to happen when we play sterling, auba and mount

Forget bants the sole aim of all these drama here should be the success of our club
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:27am On Aug 20, 2022
izzou:

I swear

I have no issues drawing any top 6. Let us not drop points against the rest.

I believe in Kai this season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:28am On Aug 20, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

That guy no too dey bright. Leave am

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlaqFaze: 7:46am On Aug 20, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

That guy dey reason like small pikin wey dey abuse drugs

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2022
Todd Boehly and co. are now 'very confident.' When asked about Aubameyang on Friday, he told the press: "I believe we can compete with this group, but it's one thing to compete once a week and it's another to compete 60 times a year and three times a week.

"You need to have players who challenge for their place and challenge for their minutes. It does not come down only to tactics and team spirit, it's also about the depth in the squad and the challenge."

If you don't understand the concept of having two quality players in each position, here is what motivated Tuchel to buy Cucurella and co despite having Chiwell.

Ride on Boehly and Tuchel. We want to compete like Real Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2022
Ibime:

There is nothing that makes sense about Cucurella deal. If your big spender Pep could draw the line at £40m when Brighton asked for £50m, then Tuchel paying £62m plus Colwill on loan is a mugu deal.

Cucurella was fairly priced at £40m being he is not an international player, yet we somehow paid the same price for Kuku as PSG paid for Hakimi. For context, Hakimi had 20 GA when PSG signed him. Kuku has 1 GA last season.

We already have a £50m LWB, you add a £62m one and put the £50m one (Chilwell) at risk of value going to zero like we have done to Pulisic et al. I don't buy the argument of Cucurella playing LCB at 5ft 7 being used to justify that amount either. If I want a CB, I will buy a centre-back that looks like one, not a midget.

Chilwell is a £50m LB with 4 GA in 7 EPL games last season and 9 GA in 30 the season and we are just going to make him redundant till he leaves on free transfer or loan, when a versatile and non-threatening option like Perisic or Aaron Hickey that went to Brentford is there. These are two players that can play both LWB and RWB, giving a genuine path for recovery for Chilwell, not locking him out like Cucurella will. And they are budget friendly.

The way to make crazy behaviour look normal is to follow up with an even more outrageous stunt. Because Tuchel now followed up the Cucurella deal with this Fofana and Aubameyang nonsense, Cucurella deal is actually starting to look sane. Below is the sane response to Brighton which came from the mouth of "point and kill" Pep Guardiola

So, Guardiola is the standard, right? Somebody who spent £1billion to dominate the league.

The difference is Chelsea is rebuilding while Mancity has being building for the last 6 years.

The reason they can afford not to buy and still compete.

Did Chelsea compete when Chilwel was not available last season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2022
donstan18:

If you watched Maguire in Leicester, you’ll know Fofana is yet to do half of what Maguire did in Leicester.

Need I remind you Maguire made the team of the last Euro tournament? ManU makes players look mid and useless. Until I watch Maguire flop in another team, I won’t count him off. He’s never given anything less than world class performance for England, so fvck it!!!

Maguire of Leicester city is far better than fofana there

No one would even argue this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2022
forgiveness:

So, Guardiola is the standard, right? Somebody who spent £1billion to dominate the league.

The difference is Chelsea is rebuilding while Mancity has being building for the last 6 years.

every year chelsea is rebuliding, while others are building (whatever that shit means)

una no dey tire to type this shiit

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2022
Taguchi:

every year chelsea is rebuliding, while others are building (whatever that shit means)

una no dey tire to type this shiit

Except you are not aware of the sanctions and ban on buying players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by reccy(m): 8:56am On Aug 20, 2022
Havertz10:
I have watched our game against spurs 3 times now from start to finish

Sterling can’t beat a man to save his life, mount is invisible and doesn’t contribute to our attack, Jorginho shouldn’t start a any game for Chelsea

But there is something I noticed that I want to mostly focus on, when we are attacking for all the pressures and possession, our game plan mostly results in crosses

Now say what you like about crossing but chances created that way are usually difficult and most of the attempts are wasted, poor ball, too much power, lack of understanding

The 2nd goal was a beautiful transition play goal, but it’s not something that we can do regularly, we really need forward thinking midfielders, kante tries but not enough, so many forwards passes are there to be made that he misses, personally I will have focused on de Jong instead of auba, our team isn’t creative enough, there are times that it just looks like if they are out of ideas and just trying whatever comes to mind

Watch city and Liverpool, everybody knows what they should be doing, tuchel is really messing up

Seconded. I prefer we have FDJ to Auba. We need reinforcement in that position more than ever before. The duo of kovacic and kante are not consistent both in field and off the field!

We cannot play with dem loftus, jorgi and callagher for the challenges.

It won't just add up! Not now!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
that cucurella deal still they pain am to en bone marrow , you say say guehi is better than Thiago Silva ,week 1 , Thiago Silva man of the match guehi own goal ,you say perisic is better than cucurella week 2 , cucurella assist , perisic nowhere to be found in that match cheesy, the koulibaly nkor ,he scored his first goal! ,man ib.me keeps taking L back to back grin ,God this season go sweet. many people go cry wetin good havertz10 and jorginho fanbois una turn they come una never see anything.

I don’t agree with ibime ,but you yourself na confirm beer parlour analyst

See as you Dey judge football

Smh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2022
Havertz10:
When I called out lukaku was it because of havertz, it’s very simple, natural strikers will struggle at Chelsea, it’s so obvious, this is not because I like havertz, it’s a matter of taking actions that would be beneficial to our club, auba isn’t the way to go, this was how you guys kept saying that Lukaku would complete the system and it failed, open your eyes, sterling has stated clearly that he came to start games, auba almost burnt down arsenal when he was sidelined, so you have 2 permanent starters that are by and large limited

Add mount and we are in for a long season of wailings, watch our game against spurs again and focus on havertz, his intelligent pressing led to so many turnovers for Chelsea, he brings a lot to our play, what’s going to happen when we play sterling, auba and mount

Forget bants the sole aim of all these drama here should be the success of our club

If you have been long enough on this thread, you will know my stand on Lukaku right from time. Ask Nihilist and Airmark, they will tell you. There is a reason Nihilist was mentioning me for every goal Lukaku scored the first month he came.

Stop throwing words around like the bolded. Know who said what before spilling nonsense.

Having said that, my post don't have anything to do with this your reply. I asked you, if Aubameyang coming to Chelsea threatens Mount position specifically, will you be against the transfer like this?

Is it not hilarious that you are using Havertz intelligent pressing to make a case for him when it is the same you who tag Mount "pressing iron" not too long ago to troll him?

If you really want the best for this club, you will allow an EPL proven goalscorer to come in and try to fix our goal scoring problem for us. Club success comes first before any individual player.

I have been supporting Chelsea since 1996 and I have never supported an individual more than the club because I support Chelsea, not e.g Drogba Cech Hasselbaink etc..

Once you wear the blue jersey, I welcome you because you are part of my club now. Below is my post on Lukaku when his transfer was confirmed.

timbros:
My criticism of Lukaku pre Man United is well documented on this thread.

However, watching his development over the years, especially in Inter Milan, and his performance in Euros, coupled with the fact that I am a core Blue supporter who supports everything Chelsea, I wholeheartedly welcome Lukaku to this great football club.

Welcome home Big Rom.

I am 99% sure that you will move on from Chelsea the very day Havertz leave this club. As far as I am concerned, you are not a Chelsea fan.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by reccy(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2022
Havertz10:

Please remove havertz talk and you will have a reasonable point.

Anytime you bring havertz issue either for comparison or for rating, I started doubting the admiration and regards I have for you concerning other issues. What is your problem this boy?
Can't you just ignore havertz matter and concentrate on other issues you have sound knowledge of?

You are pissing me off and I don't like it.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 9:11am On Aug 20, 2022
how can you want your own player to fail so you can say "i told you so"
some chelsea fans no dey cease to amaze me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:13am On Aug 20, 2022
So Aguero still had more career goals than benzema despite retiring last year at age 33 which is younger than benzema age ? E no go better for heart problems

Meanwhile where is drogba here ? Drogba doesn’t even have more goals than David Villa grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2022
Ibime Tuchel made it clear that Cucu is not here to take over Chilwell's position.

In a back 4, they will battle it out. But in a back 5, Chilwell will still retain his LWB role while Cucu will slot into LCB.

And Pep pulling out of the Cuc deal shouldn't be a standard for us. Man City is using one eye to look at FFP while Chelsea, for now, is free of that because our debts have been cleared. So we can make some signings that City will walk away.

For me, Cucurella transfer is very OK. International or not, the potential is very clear for all to see there. Watch out how Spanish NT LB position will shape up in the next few years.

I am in no way in support of the amount of money we spend on transfers thus window. Its just crazy. But I'll not blame other clubs much. Boehly is a newbie in the transfer market, and the money is there so any club that sees Chelsea coming their way will try to milk us dry.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:18am On Aug 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:
So Aguero still had more career goals than benzema despite retiring last year at age 33 with is younger than benzema age ? E no go better for heart problems

Meanwhile where is drogba here ? Drogba doesn’t even have more goals than David Villa grin

Calm down. Drogba is not a 100goal/season player. He is a big game player. He scores quality goals, not quantity perse.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2022
forgiveness:

At least I have suggested two alternatives (Perisic and Hickey) that will not leave us with just Chilwell. And they can both cover James as well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:22am On Aug 20, 2022
timbros:

Calm down. Drogba is not a 100goal/season player. He is a big game player. He scores quality goals, not quantity perse.

Akuko
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 9:33am On Aug 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:
So Aguero still had more career goals than benzema despite retiring last year at age 33 which is younger than benzema age ? E no go better for heart problems

Odogun is number 1 as usual.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:57am On Aug 20, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
angry arsenal progress dey vex me ,I pray make Dem lose today
Arsenal just win only two matches and e don dey vex you? Na wa ooo

This wan na follow-come? shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2022
Ebukacute:

Mag...wetin shocked shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2022
But tbh GW2 mount is yet to perform. I hope he starts performing, we are quick to throw tantrums on players in this thread because of their price tags,whereas both the academy & the latter performance is below par.
I can't blame Tuchel for wanting signings, because we need quality all round ; cdm, Df & attack.but will blame his coaching crew for their scouting & the chelsea scouts for their inability to get deals.
Btw Havertz & Mount are class on their day but they need to step up & show consistency.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15233) (15234) (15235) (15236) (15237) (15238) (15239) ... (19436) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, Realtord43 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.