Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10485789 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17712) (17713) (17714) (17715) (17716) (17717) (17718) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:05pm On May 18, 2023
A001:

As of now, only a clown puts Madrid and underdog in the same sentence as far as UCL is concerned.

Some people might expect their opponents to win a game, that doesn't make Madrid an underdog. Do you even know underdog means? I don't think so.

Teams you can call underdogs in the UCL are Celtic, Shakhtar Donetsk, Club Brugge, and the likes.

Stop saying nonsense.
Go and look for you and who is discussing about underdog. The fact here is Madrid were never favourite yesterday. City were the outright favorite yesterday. Nothing concern me and your underdog brouhaha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 12:06pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

You are a slowpoke. Hate city lmao 😂. People that I have been supporting to win the Champions league and league so Haaland will collect his rightful Balon dor. Your useless club has no ground to troll Madrid. You were disgraced in the champions league and then knocked out of Europa by my darling club. You wont even finish top 5 In England so shut up.

Same league that Arsenal was close to winning. Niggur, you should have passed out as cough than just exhibiting nonsense here.

That Ballon d'Or shout.. The earlier you know that Messi fans are still the absolute winner, irrespective of whatever, the better.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:08pm On May 18, 2023
FirstbornWds:

Same league that Arsenal was close to winning. Niggur, you should have passed out as cough than just exhibiting nonsense here.

That Ballon d'Or shout.. The earlier you know that Messi fans are still the absolute winner, irrespective of whatever, the better.
Stop jumping into my mentions typing bunch of incoherent ramblings. Haaland for Balon dor if you don't like it go to court.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 12:08pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

Go and look for you and who is discussing about underdog. The fact here is Madrid were never favourite yesterday. City were the outright favorite yesterday. Nothing concern me and your underdog brouhaha.
Na you dey type nonsense all about. Check my initial post you quoted. I clearly stated Madrid and underdog can't be in the same sentence as far as UCL is concerned. Then, you quoted me without even understanding the post you quoted.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 12:08pm On May 18, 2023
[url][/url]
Ibime:

Busquet basket is well established. We know about MSN work in 2015 and Spain system which just lifted Barca midfield and added Alonso to it.

Go on your thread and gather up the comments on Busquet, we will not flog a dead horse here.

You are trying too hard. Your quest for physicality over intelligence is soooo overly flawed. If not, there's no way you'd justify midfield mastery with forwards. Xabi Alonso was just a piece in the Spain's midfield puzzle.. Even the dumbest of portables know who ran the games easy.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 12:09pm On May 18, 2023
A001:

Na you dey type nonsense all about. Check my initial post you quoted. I clearly stated Madrid and underdog can't be in the same sentence as far as UCL is concerned. Then, you quoted me without even understanding the post you quoted.

Comprehension isn't his strongest forté
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:10pm On May 18, 2023
andrew444:

How can a team that was destined to loose by the odds not an underdog?

Make this make sense egbon
Odds is just about form and favourites to win.
You can be the least favourite, you can be the main favourites.

The final between Argentina and France, Nobody will tag Argentina underdog even though they bookies predict they have a lower chance to win than Argentina. We all know it's a 50/50 game and any one can win and that's how it'll be.
An underdog tag won't see people hyping that Madrid would win in Etihad. That means no be small thing be that.

Favourite and underdog are never absolute words and opposite

Odd is just higher chance for a team to win/lose according to statistical data. Finish!.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:10pm On May 18, 2023
A001:

Keep quiet, you stated clearly Madrid were favorites yesterday which was nonsense.

A001:

In yesterday's game, more people predicted a win for Madrid than they did for Man City.

Madrid, being the biggest club in the tournament, were the favorites to win yesterday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 12:12pm On May 18, 2023
I think A001 is right to a larger extent. The tags 'Favourites" and "underdogs" are not polar opposites, and are not necessarily mutually inclusive. That Team A are favorites in a match doesn't necessarily mean Team B is an underdog.
Real Madrid will never be underdogs in a CL tie. They may not be favorites but they will never be underdogs. Odds are nothing more than probabilities and a good Maths student knows it's not a guarantee of success or a definite outcome.
Inter will definitely be underdogs against City in the final though. Everything points to that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:13pm On May 18, 2023
una neva tell us wetin J5 do that guy! years back, some shekpites fans were hyping J5 for a baloon d'or win. dude will surely vote against him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:13pm On May 18, 2023
Jodera:
Odds is just about form and favourites to win.
You can be the least favourite, you can be the main favourites.

so what are now arguing again? No need for those long epistles when you have already said it. Give us the Mathematics on how people with 5 odds are favourites over the ones with 1.5?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 12:13pm On May 18, 2023
TLona1:

Okay so what are you driving at exactly?

Excelling in Pep's DM position doesn't mean that you're special. If you are technical enough and can recycle possession, you won't have a problem there.

All you need to do is pass to the intelligent players around you, and Pep almost always has a chunk of those in his squad.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:14pm On May 18, 2023
A001:

I don't understand o. A whole Madrid for that matter. The defending champions. The only club to win 3 UCL titles in a row twice.
This debate is still surprising me even since late last year.
How can two big teams play. Both teams have quality players oo, yet some people will still tag one underdog.
Like would anybody be shocked or headlines made if Madrid win Man city??

Na wa!! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 12:14pm On May 18, 2023
Clowns plenty for here sha. Man City against Inter in the final, City are expected to win because they've a stronger squad. That doesn't make Inter an underdog.

Only a clown calls Inter Milan with 3 CL titles an underdog. Underdog is a term used for teams called a dark horse in a tournament such as Club Brugge, Celtic, Sporting Lisbon, and co.

Use your dictionary before embarrassing yourself in public.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2023
pkasso:
I think A001 is right to a larger extent. The tags 'Favourites" and "underdogs" are not polar opposites, and are not necessarily mutually inclusive. That Team A are favorites in a match doesn't necessarily mean Team B is an underdog.

Real Madrid will never be underdogs in a CL tie. They may not be favorites but they will never be underdogs. Odds are nothing more than probabilities and a good Maths student knows it's not a guarantee of success or a definite outcome.

Inter will definitely be underdogs against City in the final though. Everything points to that.

The guy is clearly correct, but let those who want to argue continue.

Because there is a "favorite" doesn't automatically translate the other to be an "underdog".
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2023
Jodera:

This debate is still surprising me even since late last year.
How can two big teams play. Both teams have quality players oo, yet some people will still tag one underdog.
Like would anybody be shocked or headlines made if Madrid win Man city??

Na wa!! grin
Nobody tagged Madrid an underdog. Una go dey invent things from una head dey argue with.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:16pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

so what are now arguing again? No need for those long epistles when you have already said it. Give us the Mathematics on how people with 5 odds are favourites over the ones with 1.5?
I never said they were favourites. I just said that they aren't underdogs.

Simple!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
Jodera:
I never said they were favourites. I just said that they aren't underdogs.

Simple!!
Nobody called Madrid underdogs. The argument was about City being favourites yesterday not Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

Nobody tagged Madrid an underdog. Una go dey invent things from una head dey argue with.
Then you didn't follow the initial discussion then. Try dey follow initial discussions before jumping halfway grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2023
FirstbornWds:

How about kdB for ballon d'or if City does the treble? Will he be a worthy recipient?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:18pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

Nobody called Madrid underdogs. The argument was about City being favourites yesterday not Madrid.
Check Gre.tihex post.

Even Andrew agreed with the underdog tag
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2023
Jodera:
Then you didn't follow the initial discussion then. Try dey follow initial discussions before jumping halfway grin
It's as bright as the sun.

A001:

Madrid, being the biggest club in the tournament, were the favorites to win yesterday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2023
Jodera:
Check Gre.tihex post.

Even Andrew agreed with the underdog tag
This one or which one? Greatihex post was clear enough of City being favourites against teams that eliminated them in previous seasons.

Greatihex:
No dey cap, Oga. When Liverpool eliminated man city in the UCL that year, Liverpool were just having a resurgence after being away from the champions league for many years. Heck, they even played in Europa the season prior. Man city were clearly everyone's favourite to progress. Stop those nonsense talk of how many champions league person get. Inter has 3 ucl and man city has none, so by your logic Inter is the favourite in this final?

Last season also, City were most people's favourite to reach the final, but Madrid beat them. No dey reason like this abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 12:24pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

It's as bright as the sun.
Your argument no get head or tail. This was my initial post.
A001:
Pep is a genius. No surprises in Man City winning the crucial tie yesterday. I expected them to beat Madrid.

That first leg result was crucial.

Someone called Man City a bigger club than Chelsea. In what universe is Man City bigger than us? Based on what achievements?

Also, another person listed Madrid and Liverpool as underdogs against City. In what planet are Madrid with 14 CL titles and Liverpool with 6 CL titles underdogs?

Lols, what are underdog and Madrid doing in the same sentence as far as UCL is concerned?

As far as European football is concerned, Man City never achieve anything. But I expect them to win their first CL title this season against Inter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TLona1: 12:26pm On May 18, 2023
Leyqute:

Excelling in Pep's DM position doesn't mean that you're special. If you are technical enough and can recycle possession, you won't have a problem there.

All you need to do is pass to the intelligent players around you, and Pep almost always has a chunk of those in his squad.

I strongly do not agree with this.

There's a reason why Yaya Toure and few of others didn't excel as much under Pep.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:26pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

This one or which one? Greatihex post was clear enough of City being favourites against teams that eliminated them in previous seasons.

This was the one boss

Greatihex:
that is what they have been saying since pep came to city, but since then nigga has always had his ucl hope dashed by underdogs each season. All have been underdogs as at the time they met city. Let me list them.

Monaco
Liverpool
Tottenham
Lyon
Chelsea
Madrid
All were underdogs to city as at when they met and eliminated city.

Inter will soon join the list.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 12:26pm On May 18, 2023
Leyqute:

Not saying Pep isn’t a good manager. But you’ll be a dunce if you believe Stones will excel in another team’s midfield because he excelled in Pep’s midfield.

Same with Rico Lewis and Delphi.

Y'all are actually making his points for him by agreeing that the so called world class players that Pep uses to excel won't be as effective in a different team

you're agenda no dey gel it's watery bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 12:27pm On May 18, 2023
A001:

Your argument no get head or tail. This was my initial post.
Did you claim Madrid were favorites yesterday, Yes or No? Initial ko full name ni.

A001:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 12:27pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

Your argument dey meaningless and baseless. This is how the issue started. You can see the list of those teams he called underdogs there. Madrid, the biggest team in the tournament and defending champions, is in the list. That's the bone of contention. No dey make argument wey no get head or tail.
Greatihex:
that is what they have been saying since pep came to city, but since then nigga has always had his ucl hope dashed by underdogs each season. All have been underdogs as at the time they met city. Let me list them.

Monaco
Liverpool
Tottenham
Lyon
Chelsea
Madrid
All were underdogs to city as at when they met and eliminated city.

Inter will soon join the list.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 12:27pm On May 18, 2023
A001:
Clowns plenty for here sha. Man City against Inter in the final, City are expected to win because they've a stronger squad. That doesn't make Inter an underdog.

Only a clown calls Inter Milan with 3 CL titles an underdog. Underdog is a term used for teams called a dark horse in a tournament such as Club Brugge, Celtic, Sporting Lisbon, and co.

Use your dictionary before embarrassing yourself in public.
Bros, dey calm down nau. The fact that Inter has 3 CL titles doesn't count for much. They haven't played a CL final since 2010. Heck, until this season they haven't made a CL QF in 12 odd years. They have only made it this far partly because of the luck of the draw. The gulf in quality between City and Inter is sizeable and it would be quite the upset if Inter wins the final

Would Inter have made a list of top 8 teams to win the CL at the start of the season? The answer's NO.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 12:28pm On May 18, 2023
Trevor012:

Stop jumping into my mentions typing bunch of incoherent ramblings. Haaland for Balon dor if you don't like it go to court.

As a bot, you take everything thrown at you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 12:29pm On May 18, 2023
Leyqute:

How about kdB for ballon d'or if City does the treble? Will he be a worthy recipient?

A worthy mention, from the looks of things. Hall and would surely be the strongest-ranked candidate from the team, that's if he doesn't win it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17712) (17713) (17714) (17715) (17716) (17717) (17718) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Caicedobets(m), Ibunkun1(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.