Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,906 members, 7,838,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10633280 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (19285) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bimffo:

All these talks about who is better is done on the field of Play..

No one is pained.

If his last season at Chelsea was not disastrous, we won't have sent him parking.

Bimffo, is conte better than mourinho? Whether on the field of play oh or on the field of dance

Just answer yes or no
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by purplekayc(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
bigkesh:

How would you feel seeing the current Miss Nairaland whose heart you broke months ago with an Uglier colleague of yours when you have Aishwarya Rai in bikini right beside you...
like a king ? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
dopeJemi:

Bimffo, is conte better than mourinho? Whether on the field of play oh or on the field of dance

Just answer yes or no

I don't know their head to head but I am sure Conte didn't meet Mou with Juve.

They've Met once and the match ended in a Draw..

Drew Mourinho's Inter with phocking Atlanta..

Mourinho could be successful than him, (because bar Juve, Conte has not coached a top top Club team.)

But Mourinho may never be better than him, because we don't have a very good assertion to that yet..

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bimffo:

NO. As at now..

I don't know their head to head but I am sure Conte didn't meet Mou with Juve.

They've Met once and the match ended in a Draw

Overall nko?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
dopeJemi:

Overall nko?

I have modified my post. grin

Read again..

Mou is a successful coach than him but I am not sure if Mou is a better coach.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bimffo:

I have modified my post. grin

Read again..

Mou is a successful coach than him but I am not sure if Mou is a better coach.

Hahahaha

If he is more successful than conte, doesn't that make him a better coach?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
dopeJemi:

Hahahaha

Mou has coached Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid..

Conte has coached Bari, Atlanta, Siena, Arezzo and Juve. grin

Tell me, which will be more successful and Popular?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bimffo:

Na so, you win cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
dopeJemi:

Hahahaha

Why don't you take a more sensible approach and add up how much each one spent on players, in each season of every club they managed?
When you finish, then you will have understanding

#Perspective
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Indirect shots fired... grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
fredoooooo:

Dey here dey laugh ,Arsenal Don sign asaro (yam porridge ) you guys and europe generally are in big trouble next season grin grin grin

Who be dat? undecided grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
nateevs:

Why don't you take a more sensible approach and add up how much each one spent on players, in each season of every club they managed?
When you finish, then you will have understanding

#Perspective

Would you have taken a sensible approach if Jose was still your coach?

Would you have taken a sensible approach 2 seasons ago?

I need complete honesty
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:48am On Jul 06, 2016
dopeJemi:

Would you have taken a sensible approach if Jose was still your coach?

Would you have taken a sensible approach 2 seasons ago?

I need complete honesty

Not even Chelsea fans ask me these questions.
If you are asking me these questions, then as I expected, you have not been paying attention on these boards but I digress.

Back to the sensible approach. You are comparing success with two managers when one of them is notoriously popular for spending like it's going out of fashion. I believe in relative success. Like Tinkerman's title winning season with Leicester against back-to-back titles JM won.

So please do the maths, come to the conclusion and stop confusing me with others.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2016
According to various reports, Chelsea to axe goalkeeper coach Christopher lolinchon.
That means Courtois will stay!!!
We're also leading the race for the signing of axel witsel.
#AnyonebutMikel
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:13am On Jul 06, 2016
We are back to the era of mou spending cash to be successful...this is a very useless theory, considering the fact that, he always needed to bring instant successes to each club he has had to manage.

A typical example is he adding a couple of players to the present manU squad to have an instant success. If he goes ahead to do exactly that,na becuz he spend money. If he doesn't, na becuz e no sabi him job!

Well the simple fact is, all coaches buy when they have a need to. Just the same way pep,koeman,ancelloti,lucho,klopp, crazy AVB,diego,mancini, ranieri,Wenger, lvg,conte etc will buy the players which they also need to succeed with. And, the probability of all teams having or needing the same quality/quantity at the same time, can not be the same for each club.

Trying to claim perspective by adding how much was spent on players in each season of every club managed by mou is clearly doing a dayo. No two clubs have the same need to purchase quality/quantity of players at same time. Neither do they require heavy investment to have them competing again.Or Are we now saying if we should place CFC,barca, Bayern,arsenal,manu, atletico Madrid, real,etc. all will have same need to purchase equal number of players in this transfer window? Or try to get equal quality of players into their separate squads? Moreover,we have also witnessed cases of huge spendings done by certain clubs and they still weren't successful.

We can come here to bash mou for being mou,bash him for almost relegating cfc team,bash him for buying falcao e.t.c but, we can't bash him for wanting to succeed with the tools/resources at his disposal to do is job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:18am On Jul 06, 2016
Kolade354:
According to various reports, Chelsea to axe goalkeeper coach Christopher lolinchon.
That means Courtois will stay!!!
We're also leading the race for the signing of axel witsel.
#AnyonebutMikel

Thought witsel already signed for Everton ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2016
diggz:

Thought witsel already signed for Everton ?
Some reports says we've hijacked the move from everton for his signature.
In the next 1 or 2 days we will see who will land him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:49am On Jul 06, 2016
Kolade354:

Some reports says we've hijacked the move from everton for his signature.
In the next 1 or 2 days we will see who will land him.

CFC n hijacking sha.... ! Hope we trying to get witsel won't stop us from getting kante?

I hope we are not throwing matic away tho....!?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:50am On Jul 06, 2016
diggz:
We are back to the era of mou spending cash to be successful...this is a very useless theory, considering the fact that, he always needed to bring instant successes to each club he has had to manage.

A typical example is he adding a couple of players to the present manU squad to have an instant success. If he goes ahead to do exactly that,na becuz he spend money. If he doesn't, na becuz e no sabi him job!

Well the simple fact is, all coaches buy when they have a need to. Just the same way pep,koeman,ancelloti,lucho,klopp, crazy AVB,diego,mancini, ranieri,Wenger, lvg,conte etc will buy the players which they also need to succeed with. And, the probability of all teams having or needing the same quality/quantity at the same time, can not be the same for each club.

Trying to claim perspective by adding how much was spent on players in each season of every club managed by mou is clearly doing a dayo. No two clubs have the same need to purchase quality/quantity of players at same time. Neither do they require heavy investment to have them competing again.Or Are we now saying if we should place CFC,barca, Bayern,arsenal,manu, atletico Madrid, real,etc. all will have same need to purchase equal number of players in this transfer window? Or try to get equal quality of players into their separate squads? Moreover,we have also witnessed cases of huge spendings done by certain clubs and they still weren't successful.

We can come here to bash mou for being mou,bash him for almost relegating cfc team,bash him for buying falcao e.t.c but, we can't bash him for wanting to succeed with the tools/resources at his disposal to do is job.

This is a massive generalization and deliberate understating of what exactly transpired. There is a difference between buying to add to the squad and having autonomy to change a complete squad.

Chelsea had just spent £115m on players just before he arrived. Upon his arrival, he spent £60m, £120m and £15m in 3 successive seasons.

Over £300m worth of players. This was unprecedented between 2003 and 2006. Nobody spent this type of money. Why do you think there was serious animousity towards all things Chelsea and the constant rhetoric of "Chelsea bought their titles"? That's perspective mate! No just me saying it, but most football fans at the time.

This is what happened is his first era and that my friend, should never be forgotten. Perhaps you were young. You are making the argument of "everybody spends" in the right era - when everyone is spending 100s of millions - and are lured into a false sense of credence.

If you had said this same thing is 2003, there would be fans angry enough to stone you to death.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2016
diggz:

CFC n hijacking sha.... ! Hope we trying to get witsel won't stop us from getting kante?

I hope we are not throwing matic away tho....!?
I don't know if the reports are true sha
Matic can go, that guy is another stinking shiit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:56am On Jul 06, 2016
Kolade354:
I don't know if the reports are true sha
Matic can go, that guy is another stinking shiit

Matic shouldn't please!!! We should give him another chance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Is this Witsel rumour true?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:05am On Jul 06, 2016
nateevs:

Not even Chelsea fans ask me these questions.
If you are asking me these questions, then as I expected, you have not been paying attention on these boards but I digress.

Back to the sensible approach. You are comparing success with two managers when one of them is notoriously popular for spending like it's going out of fashion. I believe in relative success. Like Tinkerman's title winning season with Leicester against back-to-back titles JM won.

So please do the maths, come to the conclusion and stop confusing me with others.

This argument has three major flaws.

1. Implying that spending guarantees success.
2. Implying that succesful managers who spend a lot are somehow inferior to successful managers who spend relatively less.
3. The price a player was purchased for is a reliable indicator of their quality.

Alex Ferguson broke British spending records on several occasions, but it would be foolish to compare Ranieri to him on the basis of 'relative success'

Yet we've seen Arsenal, Liverpool and City spend hundreds of millions in the transfer market over the last few years with relatively little to show for it. On the continent, Real Madrid have been struggling with the same problem.

Even Conte with a team of Juve superstars in a half-dead league was unable to translate domestic dominance to European success.

Ranieri didn't spend much relative to the big boys, but the cheap price tags on the likes of Kante and Mahrez does not indicate that these guys are not some cheap trash. Those two would arguably start at any of the usual top 4 candidates.

Would Ranieri have won the league without Kante, Mahrez, and Vardy? Maybe...but I don't see any big teams linked with the likes of Albrighton and Drinkwater. This suggests to me that Claudio was just as realiant on top4 quality players...he just got then for osho free prices.

Jose has gone everywhere and won. He has won in Europe twice. Granted he spends big money, but which big manager doesn't? Pep has managed two of the best teams in the world and still spent heavily there. Conte has already spent 30+ million sef.

The difference between Jose and others is that he is one of maybe 5 managers in the world that can guarantee success after spending wherever he goes. Pep is about to be tested on this criteria now.

I was happy when Jose was sacked because I felt that he was bringing too much negativity to the club. But I can't deny that Jose is the master.

Comparing Conte to Jose is like comparing Alomo to Grey Goose. It's like comparing chewing stick to Oral B toothbrush.

Jose is the master. You need to recognise that.

Personally, I'm not too fussed about Jose joining United, as I'm pretty invested in the Conte Project. But when Jose is next back at the bridge, I will greet him like most other fans did back in 2010...with affection and respect.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Nihilist:

This argument has three major flaws.

1. Implying that spending guarantees success.
2. Implying that succesful managers who spend a lot are somehow inferior to successful managers who spend relatively less.
3. The price a player was purchased for is a reliable indicator of their quality.

Alex Ferguson broke British spending records on several occasions, but it would be foolish to compare Ranieri to him on the basis of 'relative success'

Yet we've seen Arsenal, Liverpool and City spend hundreds of millions in the transfer market over the last few years with relatively little to show for it. On the continent, Real Madrid have been struggling with the same problem.

Even Conte with a team of Juve superstars in a half-dead league was unable to translate domestic dominance to European success.

Ranieri didn't spend much relative to the big boys, but the cheap price tags on the likes of Kante and Mahrez does not indicate that these guys are not some cheap trash. Those two would arguably start at any of the usual top 4 candidates.

Would Ranieri have won the league without Kante, Mahrez, and Vardy? Maybe...but I don't see any big teams linked with the likes of Albrighton and Drinkwater. This suggests to me that Claudio was just as realiant on top4 quality players...he just got then for osho free prices.

Jose has gone everywhere and won. He has won in Europe twice. Granted he spends big money, but which big manager doesn't? Pep has managed two of the best teams in the world and still spent heavily there. Conte has already spent 30+ million sef.

The difference between Jose and others is that he is one of maybe 5 managers in the world that can guarantee success after spending wherever he goes. Pep is about to be tested on this criteria now.

I was happy when Jose was sacked because I felt that he was bringing too much negativity to the club. But I can't deny that Jose is the master.

Comparing Conte to Jose is like comparing Alomo to Grey Goose. It's like comparing chewing stick to Oral B toothbrush.

Jose is the master. You need to recognise that.

Personally, I'm not too fussed about Jose joining United, as I'm pretty invested in the Conte Project. But when Jose is next back at the bridge, I will greet him like most other fans did back in 2010...with affection and respect.

One major flaw in all of this is that you have assumed - and I don't know where it came from - that my attempt to bring perspective of spending to the argument, is admittance that Conte is better than Jose.

The second flaw is that you assume that I need to be reminded that Jose is easily top 3 title-winning Manager material. I know this.

What you have not considered is this. Can you honestly, without doubt, claim that Jose will win the League in the same season, same event replicated, with the Leicester squad?

Perhaps too extreme.

Can you honestly say, without doubt, that Jose will win the league with the last title-winning ManU squad?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:46am On Jul 06, 2016
nateevs:

This is a massive generalization and deliberate understating of what exactly transpired. There is a difference between buying to add to the squad and having autonomy to change a complete squad.

Clearly there is a difference between both and, except you are claiming MOU had the autonomy to change cfc complete squad, which you will do right by providing a proof.

Chelsea had just spent £115m on players just before he arrived. Upon his arrival, he spent £60m, £120m and £15m in 3 successive seasons.

And what was the outcome of the spending?

Over £300m worth of players. This was unprecedented between 2003 and 2006. Nobody spent this type of money. Why do you think there was serious animousity towards all things Chelsea and the constant rhetoric of "Chelsea bought their titles"? That's perspective mate! No just me saying it, but most football fans at the time.

So Mou should take the fall for tinkersman 115 spent without winning spoon?

And thank you for placing the burden on Chelsea this time and not MOU.

Clearly we bought our titles and based on that we are still relevant till date. Same with Mancity who are still pushing their way to the top in europe. Same with PSG at present etc.

I hope you ain't trying to claim cfc to be the first team who bought players to be relevant? It could be in different era's which automatically translated into the difference in amount/value spent or invested plus how much the club was interested in spending.

Even Wenger in a bid to be relevant again has been spending cash consistently for some time now. We saw how rogers went on a shopping spree of recent with Liverpool,same with avb at spurs,Roberto @ Everton e.t.c

This is what happened is his first era and that my friend, should never be forgotten. Perhaps you were young. You are making the argument of "everybody spends" in the right era - when everyone is spending 100s of millions - and are lured into a false sense of credence.

What happened in that era was basically an irrelevant team in the scheme of things,with an over ambitious owner and an ambitious young coach backed with unlimitless cash, taxed with winning everything possible with the club and making the team relevant in world football. Shikena!!!!

If you had said this same thing is 2003, there would be fans angry enough to stone you to death.

There is nothing new on earth or anything you think you are doing now which hasn't been done before. So please spare me this your talk.

I guess you were also young when Madrid was busy parading the most expensive squad on earth,breaking transfer records year in year out,right?

Truth is I can't force you to believe or share same perspective with me on this however,cfc of today started with abramovic,115 ranieri,egoistic Mou n almost 200pounds spent etc. And it is solely part of cfc history and mou can't be crucified for spending cash provided to him by the club.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2016
nateevs:
Is this Witsel rumour true?

I really don't know. Kolade brought it up without a source too.

I just hope if we can get kante and witsel only Mikel will be shown the door. Not Mikel and matic.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 10:38am On Jul 06, 2016
Bimffo:

dat Jose keeps going from one big club to another shows he is better. conte has barely left ltaly. and anybody using the European championship to measure the tactical nous of a coach r not being objective. a competition of one month is quite different from an all year competition. if in doubt, ask scolari

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:46am On Jul 06, 2016
lekkie073:
dat Jose keeps going from one big club to another shows he is better. conte has barely left ltaly. and anybody using the European championship to measure the tactical nous of a coach r not being objective. a competition of one month is quite different from an all year competition. if in doubt, ask scolari

Lol. Baba. Check your email, Please.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 10:51am On Jul 06, 2016
Bimffo:

Lol. Baba. Check your email, Please.
am with u...all correspondence confirmed....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:57am On Jul 06, 2016
lekkie073:
am with u...all correspondence confirmed....

So, how are we doing it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 11:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Doggy style, how else? Unless you got a vagina

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (19285) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, BlueMann, humblesteve(m), Silentgroper(m), AdisaOwala, youngZee23, Jodera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.