Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10437879 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2016
Is this Luiz agent or brother?

I'm talking pkasso. He is ready to break bottle on the head of anybody that chat shiit about Luiz.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

I don't doubt that, that's why I don't expect them to play for the Eagles cheesy

Bruv Iwobi is an outlier. If he didn't have Super Eagles royalty in his family, I doubt he would have considered playing for us sef. We can't tempt the likes of Ikechi Anya, Moses Odubajo, Dominic Iorfa, Jordon Ibe, Keshi Anderson, Sheyi Ojo et al to play for us and these aren't exactly superstars. Is it Tammy Abraham that is the flavour of the month that we'll now get? grin

My boy has options via England and Ireland. If he came to me and said he wanted to play for Naija, I will slide tackle him and end his career myself. cheesy

Lmao! It is not like you can even slide tackle. Don't go ending your own career in the process cheesy

Well, Pinnick sounds so confident. Let's see where this goes.

Tammy and Iheanacho's partnership go make sense sha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordjnr: 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
grin
Nihilist:

I don't doubt that, that's why I don't expect them to play for the Eagles cheesy

Bruv Iwobi is an outlier. If he didn't have Super Eagles royalty in his family, I doubt he would have considered playing for us sef. We can't tempt the likes of Ikechi Anya, Moses Odubajo, Dominic Iorfa, Jordon Ibe, Keshi Anderson, Sheyi Ojo et al to play for us and these aren't exactly superstars. Is it Tammy Abraham that is the flavour of the month that we'll now get? grin

My boy has options via England and Ireland. If he came to me and said he wanted to play for Naija, I will slide tackle him and end his career myself. cheesy

My friend you no go answer pkasso query to you about David luiz? It seems there is some beef and potatoes waiting for you in his mention!

***Lights kush***
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
pkasso:
As the most central of the three CBs, he is tasked with shutting down opposition strikers and building attacks from the back. They say Luiz can't defend, yet he has shackled Vardy, IBRA, pocketed Austin, Lukaku and Negredo. Bad belle no go allow people talk truth. Awon football Einsteins.

Now this is nothing but the cold-blooded gospel truth.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

haha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
In event a civil war breaks out, I am solidly with Team Luiz. Hopefully, I would get a chance to shake hands with my old friend Nihilist after the war, that is if I don't get to blow off his head with my newly acquired RPG before then.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2016
pkasso:
I see someone has finally found his voice on David Luiz .

This is definitely some new shyt from you. There is no single Chelsea player I have not criticised in the past if I felt they had fvcked up. Luiz and Alonso fvcked up yesterday, so I am talking about them. Is that a sin?

After weeks of being shut up by the stellar performances of the Brazilian, he is back trying to find faults where there are none. He has a history of painting Luiz as terrible, useless defender

I don't get how I've been 'shut up'. Luiz has been playing very well so far. I'm only voicing my opinion about yesterday's game.

I've taken a special interest in Chelsea this season particularly because of Luiz. I saw the Boro game and to honest, there was nothing bad about Luiz' performance. A few misplaced long passes and a booking for a hard tackle on Negredo, which is understandable. 'The Beast' has a strong physical presence and you don't expect Luiz to go easy on him

We all have different understandings and interpretations of the game so I can understand if you didn't see what I saw. I saw Luiz pulled out of position a couple of times, and I saw him a head a ball straight into the path of Negredo in the box. Whilst it would be harsh to say Luiz had a terrible game, I don't think it would be remiss to say he didn't have a very good one.

He is the defensive anchor of a backline that has gone 6 straight matches without conceding. Even Diego Costa hailed him as the leader of the Chelsea defence. As the most central of the three CBs, he is tasked with shutting down opposition strikers and building attacks from the back. They say Luiz can't defend, yet he has shackled Vardy, IBRA, pocketed Austin, Lukaku and Negredo. Bad belle no go allow people talk truth. Awon football Einsteins.

Many of us have also criticised Cahill, yet he has also yet he has shackled Vardy, IBRA, pocketed Austin, Lukaku and Negredo. 3 central defenders tend to overwhelm lone strikers. In other news, water is wet.

I don't know what's prompting your diatribe bro, but you need to chill out. You've been carrying this Luiz matter on your head from time, looking for an opportunity to use your fist and not your mouth in his defence. Take off your heart-shaped glasses and stop being so mobscene bro. E no reach all this one.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

While I agree that Nigeria is garbage in Sports, I will also say there is this kind of nationalism among some Nigerian youths who didnt even grow up in Nigeria

Some of them tend to like Nigeria more than those of us who grew up in Naija, they will fill any club once dey hear PSquare, DBanj or Olamide is coming while we wey grow up there would just be like whatever

Some of these guys too might have faced some covert racism and just desire to play for a country where they are black and in some cases some of them have very little chances of making the foreign national team and just take the next best option

Also for some, they are just Naija by name they never lived with their Nigerian parent and they might actually be "Paper babies" I am suspecting Dele Alli is that. cos I told you like 2yrs ago that I think I know his dad. He lives in Texas and looks like he left Naija went to UK to hustle small get iwe, move to Canada before landing in Yankee.
Also Dele Alli exploded out of the blocks and he was the best English young player, with al that potential earning for a grade B National team I doubt he will want to come play in Kano Pillars stadium or National stadium where some almajiri will stone you with urine in pure water sachet

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

While I agree that Nigeria is garbage in Sports, I will also say there is this kind of nationalism among some Nigerian youths who didnt even grow up in Nigeria

Some of them tend to like Nigeria more than those of us who grew up in Naija, they will fill any club once dey hear PSquare, DBanj or Olamide is coming while we wey grow up there would just be like whatever

That's only because Afrobeats music is reigning now. 10-15 years ago, naija people here in the UK always used to deny their heritage. You'll be hearing someone called Wasiu Adelabu claiming that he's from St Lucia or Chinwe Ogadi saying that her mom is from St Kitts. These days its the Caribs who are trying to be Naijamans.

Also for some, they are just Naija by name and they might actually be "Paper babies" I am suspecting Dele Alli is that. cos I told you like 2yrs ago that I think I know his dad. He lives in Texas and looks like he left Naija went to UK to hustle small get iwe, move to Canada before landing in Yankee.
Also Dele Alli exploded out of the blocks and he was the best English young player, with al that potential earning for a grade B National team I doubt he will want to come play in Kano Pillars stadium or National stadium where some almajiri will stone you with urine in pure water sachet

Dele Alli is from Milton Keynes. Outside places like Peckham, Erith, Thamesmead etc Milton Keynes has possibly the highest concentration of Naija people in England. I used to live literally 35 minutes up the M1 in Northampton. Alli would definitely know that he is Nigerian(I heard he even lived in Naija for a while)...he just does not give two about your country.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

That's only because Afrobeats music is reigning now. 10-15 years ago, naija people here in the UK always used to deny their heritage. You'll be hearing someone called Wasiu Adelabu claiming that he's from St Lucia or Chinwe Ogadi saying that her mom is from St Kitts. These days its the Caribs who are trying to be Naijamans.

I heard someone like Alaba made enquiries about playing for Nigerian U17 and was snubbed and I dont think he ever had any relationship with Nigeria before now.

Dele Alli is from Milton Keynes. Outside places like Peckham, Erith, Thamesmead etc Milton Keynes has possibly the highest concentration of Naija people in England. I used to live literally 35 minutes up the M1 in Northampton. Alli would definitely know that he is Nigerian(I heard he even lived in Naija for a while)...he just does not give two about your country.

Maybe because Alli blew up early in his career was why he decided to go for the better footballing nation. From what I read, He has little relationship with both of his biological parents and his dad had to fly to try beg him but he even didnt want to see him

If a player has shown great potential early on he would most likely play for the superior footballing nation. If they see their chances limited in the bigger nation then they will opt for the lesser country

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

I heard someone like Alaba made enquiries about playing for Nigerian U17 and was snubbed and I dont think he ever had any relationship with Nigeria before now.

Maybe because Alli blew up early in his career was why he decided to go for the better footballing nation. From what I read, He has little relationship with both of his biological parents and his dad had to fly to try beg him but he even didnt want to see him

If a player has shown great potential early on he would most likely play for the superior footballing nation. If they see their chances limited in the bigger nation then they will opt for the lesser country

Alaba is just unfortunate. Born right next door to Germany, in a country that is culturally German yet due to politics will likely never achieve any meaningful international success.

I'm not surprised that he would have tried to play for naija though. His other options were Austria and Phillipines. I bet he took one look at the tactically indisciplined akpu benders at AFCON and fancied his chances at winning some silverware.

I think it says a lot if it's true that NFF turned him down and preferred akpu benders like Elderson Echiejile and Taiye Taiwo. Just confirms that the super Eagles squad is full of players who buy their way in, and one or two talented players with no other options.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2016
Which one akpu benders? grin grin

... never heard of any inquiry made by Alaba but if it's true, then NFF might have turned him down maybe because he wasn't famous then.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

grin grin
And the father of the year award goes to...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2016
In-form Eden Hazard speaks to the official Chelsea website about boyhood dreams, brotherly love and being ready to adapt… Since making his professional debut nine years ago this month, Eden Hazard has clocked up nearly 500 competitive appearances. He’s scored well over 100 goals. He’s won individual and collective titles in France and England, and he’s represented his country at a World Cup and, as captain, a European Championships. Yet the beauty of football lies not just in the wonderful memories that linger, but the fresh experiences, be they sudden or long sought-after, that materialise. Only last week did Hazard fulfil a childhood dream. For the first time in a senior career already sprinkled with stardust, he got to play alongside his little brother Thorgan, who joined him on the pitch for the final half-an- hour of Belgium’s friendly draw with Holland in Amsterdam. ‘Ten years ago when we played in the garden together we said if one day we could play together in the same team, for a club or for our country, it would be really good,’ Hazard smiles. ‘It was our dream, and now it’s happened.’ Eden and Thorgan’s parents, both impressive sportspeople themselves, were watching on TV at home. ‘They must have been so proud,’ the eldest brother says with affection. His mum and dad saw their two sons linking up in the Amsterdam Arena just as they did in their Belgian backyard, all those years ago. ‘We exchanged some passes, yeah. I remember the first thing I said to him was that now he was on the pitch he had to run for me! He said ‘okay, no problem’. He’s a good little brother.’ And Hazard’s a pretty good big brother, too. He recently had another of his siblings, Kylian, staying with him while he was getting treatment for an injury at Cobham. ‘I take care of my little brothers!’ he laughs. Eden is as much a footballer as a family man. On the pitch, things have been going pretty well when he’s had a ball at his feet. On Friday, he was named Player of the Month for October, recognition for his sterling contribution to our faultless league form that carried into the first week of November when we thrashed Everton, Hazard twice a scorer and heavily involved in the other three. It’s now seven goals in 11 league appearances for the 25-year-old so far in a season that has been unusually sparse of fixtures, owing to our lack of European involvement. It’s another new footballing experience for Hazard, and one he suggests has in some respects been beneficial, not least as everybody continues to gets to grips with Antonio Conte’s management style. ‘It’s the first time I am not playing in the Champions League or the Europa League. I prefer to play all the time because I like football, and I want to play, play, play, and be on the pitch, but for the body and for the freshness sometimes it’s good to rest and be completely ready for the next game. ‘Now we can train the whole week getting ready for the weekend game and we have time to adapt. We know everything when we start the game because the manager has shown us some clips, and so we know what to do, and then we try and do it.’ The stats show Hazard has already recorded more on-target shots from inside the box this term than he attempted over the duration of last season, but he puts that down to the more central position he is regularly finding himself in rather than a conscious effort to shoot more often. ‘I try to go straight at the goal and be decisive for the team. I don’t think a lot about it, if I shoot or pass. It’s natural. I try to make the best decision at the best moment and if that is to shoot then I will shoot, otherwise I keep dribbling or make a pass.’ That attitude is the same irrespective of opposition or location. When we put it to Hazard that the Blues have the best away record in the top-flight in the year 2016 – averaging two points a game – he responds by shrugging his shoulders and insisting our approach to games at home or further afield never changes: ‘we just want to win’. He accepts there are different routes to that end, and as such the tactical flexibility on display this season will continue to prove pivotal as teams come up with ways to counter our 3-4-3 formation, as we can expect a defensively-resolute Middlesbrough side to do at the Riverside. ‘Maybe for the opposition they now know where we are good, they can be a little bit more prepared, they know what they have to do, and if we want to beat them we have to be ready for that. It’s the new challenge for us.’ And it continues today on Teesside as we go in search of a sixth straight league win. If Hazard hits the same heights he has in recent weeks, Boro beware.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

Omo.......u funny die I swear. The slide tackle part to end his career really cracked me up.

Abeg who this naija epp......? The order day my brother was trying to renew his naija kpali naim dem tell am say him go gats drop one of him Yankee or Aussie own,naim d guy ask for visa sharp sharp to come naija....

Though, I am a confirmed naija guy through n through however, I no go fit sitdon allow my son play suwe with him life except na last option be naija. Plus, I must be 1million times sure there is no option left for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:
Alaba is just unfortunate. Born right next door to Germany, in a country that is culturally German yet due to politics will likely never achieve any meaningful international success.

I'm not surprised that he would have tried to play for naija though. His other options were Austria and Phillipines. I bet he took one look at the tactically indisciplined akpu benders at AFCON and fancied his chances at winning some silverware.

I think it says a lot if it's true that NFF turned him down and preferred akpu benders like Elderson Echiejile and Taiye Taiwo. Just confirms that the super Eagles squad is full of players who buy their way in, and one or two talented players with no other options.

He wanted to play for U17 Eaglets

When Bayern Munich won the 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League on May 25, 2013, David Alaba was seen with the Nigerian and Austrian flags strapped around his waist during the victory parade at the Wembly Stadium Alaba was born in Vienna to a Filipino mother who is a nurse and a Nigerian father who is a DJ and former rapper. The five-time Austrian Player of the Year (2011-2015) whose middle name 'Olatokunbo' means 'Wealth From A Foreign Land' in Yoruba language was said to be keen on representing Nigeria at youth level. In fact if all had gone well, the left-back would have been in Nigeria's U-17 squad to the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup handled by the late Yemi Tella but he was not considered despite voicing his interest to play for the Golden Eaglets. "I wanted to play for Nigeria but I must confess that there was no formal approach for me. A scout actually discussed that with me. "I was excited because of my dad, he was a fan of (current Super Eagles coach) Sunday Oliseh when Oliseh played for FC Cologne. As a kid, I loved to watch Victor Agali in the jersey of Hansa Rostock,'' he told an Austrian news medium. ''I got the information that Nigeria would only consider those who were in the country perhaps because of travelling logistics and that is the end of that." Nigeria eventually won the U-17 World Cup but nonetheless would have achieved that with the added 'victory' of locking up one of the world's best young players. Two years later, the rejected stone turned the chief cornerstone as Alaba made his debut for the senior Austria national team in a match against France. He then became the youngest player in the history of the Austrian national team. Alaba has won the Bundesliga title five times as well as the DFB Pokal and the FIFA Club World Cup in 2013.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/lost-in-transit-33-nigerian-footballers-playing-for-other-countries/#LQs5SmHzBCyuI37z.99
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:
I also noticed that Alonso was very defensively suspect yesterday.

Traore had a lot of joy on that right hand flank and Cahill was constantly having to face him. Look at the scenario below.

Alonso switches off and allows Traore to isolate Cahill one-on-one. Cahill steps up to mark him which ordinarily shouldn't be a problem. But Luiz was also asleep in space, which meant Azpi had to step inside to mark Negredo who was able to lay off to Ramirez for a free shot.

Conte needs to have a word. It's one thing to have one sleeping defender, but two?

Adama Traore completed 12 successful takeons last night. I would understand it if Alonso was at least making a mark offensively. He had chances on the other end of the pitch that he should have done better with. I'm sure he will improve though

[img]http://media./media/vDV4X5xLn3YEE/giphy.gif[/img]
you can't blame our players for being dribbled by traore. He is topping the dribbles per game in Europe for a reason.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

He wanted to play for U17 Eaglets

When Bayern Munich won the 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League on May 25, 2013, David Alaba was seen with the Nigerian and Austrian flags strapped around his waist during the victory parade at the Wembly Stadium Alaba was born in Vienna to a Filipino mother who is a nurse and a Nigerian father who is a DJ and former rapper. The five-time Austrian Player of the Year (2011-2015) whose middle name 'Olatokunbo' means 'Wealth From A Foreign Land' in Yoruba language was said to be keen on representing Nigeria at youth level. In fact if all had gone well, the left-back would have been in Nigeria's U-17 squad to the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup handled by the late Yemi Tella but he was not considered despite voicing his interest to play for the Golden Eaglets. "I wanted to play for Nigeria but I must confess that there was no formal approach for me. A scout actually discussed that with me. "I was excited because of my dad, he was a fan of (current Super Eagles coach) Sunday Oliseh when Oliseh played for FC Cologne. As a kid, I loved to watch Victor Agali in the jersey of Hansa Rostock,'' he told an Austrian news medium. ''I got the information that Nigeria would only consider those who were in the country perhaps because of travelling logistics and that is the end of that." Nigeria eventually won the U-17 World Cup but nonetheless would have achieved that with the added 'victory' of locking up one of the world's best young players. Two years later, the rejected stone turned the chief cornerstone as Alaba made his debut for the senior Austria national team in a match against France. He then became the youngest player in the history of the Austrian national team. Alaba has won the Bundesliga title five times as well as the DFB Pokal and the FIFA Club World Cup in 2013.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/lost-in-transit-33-nigerian-footballers-playing-for-other-countries/#LQs5SmHzBCyuI37z.99

Damn.

That was that set of them Chrisantus and Haruna Lukmon. Just imagine that. I'm sure that every last member of that squad are football non-entities today.

The lack of foresight even at scouting level is symptomatic of the kind of administrative malaise at Glass House. If you skip on Alaba and pick Chrisantus, then I can't actually surprised when you have the cheek to be angry at Moses for not coming to camp despite owing him 40000 dollars.

I can't actually brand new when you send u-23 to Brazil without transport money or proper accomodation.

Diggz if your son breaks his ankle on duty for Eagles, na igbobi you go go pick am from...and he'll have paid his own transport fare there

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
Griffon:

True that. Not just Luiz but the entire team.

Citeh and Spuds press heavily and that is something that might just trouble this new setup. I wouldn't want to think we've got a winning formula until we pass the tests of next few weeks.

Meanwhile, aren't you just loving Don Conte's meritocracy? Willian was given a compassionate leave, only to return to find his spot occupied by an effective Pedro. Mikel traveled to Rio for the olympics only to lose his place to Kante and the rejuvenated Matic. JT got injured and lost his spot to God-knows-who. Oscar, Cesc and Ivanovic are the other victims of this approach. The way things are going, one might just lose his place if he steps out to take a pee during a training session.

This is how you build a winning team to be honest.
lwkmd. This is not only funny, but true.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
In-form Eden Hazard speaks to the official Chelsea website about boyhood dreams, brotherly love and being ready to adapt… Since making his professional debut nine years ago this month, Eden Hazard has clocked up nearly 500 competitive appearances. He’s scored well over 100 goals. He’s won individual and collective titles in France and England, and he’s represented his country at a World Cup and, as captain, a European Championships. Yet the beauty of football lies not just in the wonderful memories that linger, but the fresh experiences, be they sudden or long sought-after, that materialise. Only last week did Hazard fulfil a childhood dream. For the first time in a senior career already sprinkled with stardust, he got to play alongside his little brother Thorgan, who joined him on the pitch for the final half-an- hour of Belgium’s friendly draw with Holland in Amsterdam. ‘Ten years ago when we played in the garden together we said if one day we could play together in the same team, for a club or for our country, it would be really good,’ Hazard smiles. ‘It was our dream, and now it’s happened.’ Eden and Thorgan’s parents, both impressive sportspeople themselves, were watching on TV at home. ‘They must have been so proud,’ the eldest brother says with affection. His mum and dad saw their two sons linking up in the Amsterdam Arena just as they did in their Belgian backyard, all those years ago. ‘We exchanged some passes, yeah. I remember the first thing I said to him was that now he was on the pitch he had to run for me! He said ‘okay, no problem’. He’s a good little brother.’ And Hazard’s a pretty good big brother, too. He recently had another of his siblings, Kylian, staying with him while he was getting treatment for an injury at Cobham. ‘I take care of my little brothers!’ he laughs. Eden is as much a footballer as a family man. On the pitch, things have been going pretty well when he’s had a ball at his feet. On Friday, he was named Player of the Month for October, recognition for his sterling contribution to our faultless league form that carried into the first week of November when we thrashed Everton, Hazard twice a scorer and heavily involved in the other three. It’s now seven goals in 11 league appearances for the 25-year-old so far in a season that has been unusually sparse of fixtures, owing to our lack of European involvement. It’s another new footballing experience for Hazard, and one he suggests has in some respects been beneficial, not least as everybody continues to gets to grips with Antonio Conte’s management style. ‘It’s the first time I am not playing in the Champions League or the Europa League. I prefer to play all the time because I like football, and I want to play, play, play, and be on the pitch, but for the body and for the freshness sometimes it’s good to rest and be completely ready for the next game. ‘Now we can train the whole week getting ready for the weekend game and we have time to adapt. We know everything when we start the game because the manager has shown us some clips, and so we know what to do, and then we try and do it.’ The stats show Hazard has already recorded more on-target shots from inside the box this term than he attempted over the duration of last season, but he puts that down to the more central position he is regularly finding himself in rather than a conscious effort to shoot more often. ‘I try to go straight at the goal and be decisive for the team. I don’t think a lot about it, if I shoot or pass. It’s natural. I try to make the best decision at the best moment and if that is to shoot then I will shoot, otherwise I keep dribbling or make a pass.’ That attitude is the same irrespective of opposition or location. When we put it to Hazard that the Blues have the best away record in the top-flight in the year 2016 – averaging two points a game – he responds by shrugging his shoulders and insisting our approach to games at home or further afield never changes: ‘we just want to win’. He accepts there are different routes to that end, and as such the tactical flexibility on display this season will continue to prove pivotal as teams come up with ways to counter our 3-4-3 formation, as we can expect a defensively-resolute Middlesbrough side to do at the Riverside. ‘Maybe for the opposition they now know where we are good, they can be a little bit more prepared, they know what they have to do, and if we want to beat them we have to be ready for that. It’s the new challenge for us.’ And it continues today on Teesside as we go in search of a sixth straight league win. If Hazard hits the same heights he has in recent weeks, Boro beware.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

Damn.

That was that set of them Chrisantus and Haruna Lukmon. Just imagine that. I'm sure that every last member of that squad are football non-entities today.

The lack of foresight even at scouting level is symptomatic of the kind of administrative malaise at Glass House. If you skip on Alaba and pick Chrisantus, then I can't actually surprised when you have the cheek to be angry at Moses for not coming to camp despite owing him 40000 dollars.

I can't actually brand new when you send u-23 to Brazil without transport money or proper accomodation.

Diggz if your son breaks his ankle on duty for Eagles, na igbobi you go go pick am from...and he'll have paid his own transport fare there
lwkmd
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

God no go gree am o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
Anybody watching the Westbrom game?

Westbrom are playing some pretty decent counterattacking ball.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nihilist:

Loooooooooooooooool grin grin grin grin IF U KNOW, YOU KNOW.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
Chai! .... Nihilist! !!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 21Savagw: 2:05am On Nov 22, 2016
SMH, how despicable, Nigga out here discrediting their Heritage because of Measly Euros and Pound Sterlings.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 6:56am On Nov 22, 2016
Nihilist:

This is definitely some new shyt from you. There is no single Chelsea player I have not criticised in the past if I felt they had fvcked up. Luiz and Alonso fvcked up yesterday, so I am talking about them. Is that a sin?

I don't get how I've been 'shut up'. Luiz has been playing very well so far. I'm only voicing my opinion about yesterday's game.

We all have different understandings and interpretations of the game so I can understand if you didn't see what I saw. I saw Luiz pulled out of position a couple of times, and I saw him a head a ball straight into the path of Negredo in the box. Whilst it would be harsh to say Luiz had a terrible game, I don't think it would be remiss to say he didn't have a very good one.

Many of us have also criticised Cahill, yet he has also yet he has shackled Vardy, IBRA, pocketed Austin, Lukaku and Negredo. 3 central defenders tend to overwhelm lone strikers. In other news, water is wet.

I don't know what's prompting your diatribe bro, but you need to chill out. You've been carrying this Luiz matter on your head from time, looking for an opportunity to use your fisted and not your mouth in his defence. Take off your heart-shaped glasses and stop being so mobscene bro. E no reach all this one.
I don't have a problem with constructive criticism. We both know what I'm talking about. Or you do want me to start digging up your anti-Luiz posts? You have always been quick to pick on him. When things go wrong, he is the scapegoat.
You've never given him credit for anything despite showing great improvement. You are the only person I've seen blame Luiz for anything in the Boro game.
Trying to belittle Luiz' defensive performances because he plays in a back 3 is just cheap. Was Cahill directly marking any of the strikers I mentioned?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2016
pkasso:
I don't have a problem with constructive criticism. We both know what I'm talking about. Or you do want me to start digging up your anti-Luiz posts? You have always been quick to pick on him. When things go wrong, he is the scapegoat.
You've never given him credit for anything despite showing great improvement. You are the only person I've seen blame Luiz for anything in the Boro game.
Trying to belittle Luiz' defensive performances because he plays in a back 3 is just cheap. Was Cahill directly marking any of the strikers I mentioned?

Oga you better park well this morning. And on ya inner light.

Luiz was terrible for us in a back two, just like Cahill. Go through these pages and go and look for comments made in game during that period.

Now both Cahill and Luiz look ok with an extra man helping them in defence and you're here running your mouth like a tap with no handle.

Nobody on this thread wanted Luiz before he came so Nihilist is not alone there.

Several people on this thread were cussing Luiz out in a 2 man defence so again Nihilist is not alone there.

In fact, during Sundays game, other people on this thread were also cussing out Luiz at the same time I did, so Nihilist is not alone there.

So if I'm talking about things that other people can clearly see, how is that scapegoating? Talking about what you saw in the game is irrelevant as you are neither a Chelsea fan nor a football authority... and judging by your posts you sound like Stevie Wonder can probably see further than you anyway.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordjnr: 8:42am On Nov 22, 2016
undecided

Haba!

So pkasso is not even a chelsea fan or a coach? So why are the rest of your mong brothers allowing him give you the 3rd degree up in hiya like dmx na nihilist?

**sips crooklyn coffee***

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:04am On Nov 22, 2016
Funlordjnr:
undecided

Haba!

So pkasso is not even a chelsea fan or a coach? So why are the rest of your mong brothers allowing him give you the 3rd degree up in hiya like dmx na nihilist?

**sips crooklyn coffee***

Pkasso is a Bayern fan. Himself, A40 and Raumdeuter have had some arguments over David Luiz in the past on their thread.

To best of my knowledge, I have never had any previous discussion of football, Luiz or indeed any other subject with that dude before, so I was very surprised when he just randomly came for me yesterday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 22, 2016
Nihilist:

Pkasso is a Bayern fan. Himself, A40 and Raumdeuter have had some arguments over David Luiz in the past on their thread.

To best of my knowledge, I have never had any previous discussion of football, Luiz or indeed any other subject with that dude before, so I was very surprised when he just randomly came for me yesterday.

everybody wants to diss u these days
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:25am On Nov 22, 2016
nonsoroyalty:
everybody wants to diss u these days

That comes as standard. Even in real life, people always want to take shots at me. I have my coping strategies. The ones I can fight, I fight. The ones I can stab in the back, I chook them with relish. The ones where I'm outgunned, I run away with alacrity. Any which way, I don't let anything faze me. grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: swiz123(m), codeb(m), popizaino(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.