Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10542020 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) ... (19172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nihilist:
I heard that we are looking at Sanchez.

Roman must not gawk this one at all. If Arsenal don't want to give him the money he wants, we must sign him up strat!
It's not a crime to dream
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nihilist:
Roman must not gawk this one at all. If Arsenal don't want to give him the money he wants, we must sign him up strat!

No be only Sanchez, add Sanchos join.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
airmark:

Only an id.iot would make such statement in the first place. Was anyone expecting input from a player who was in another team? It is a very stvpid statement to make.

Apari is suffering from Ajakaja-ism. Defined as the madness of a dog to bark out extreme stewpeedity.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
Pataki:

Sanchez must be CFC player come next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
It's not a crime to dream
I nor know say Nihilist na Joseph... cheesy
...see how Sanchez dey cause wet dreams. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
raumdeuter:

Longevity only counts when you are actually useful and putting in performance on the field. Ronaldo spent maybe 5-6yrin Man Utd yet would be remembered as the best player of their past 30yrs

Playing with passion when you have no talent is useless also. Terry was the classical hand luggage. Adds nothing significant on the field. When he misses games the team does better and win
Haba!

Terry na confirm Chelsea legend abeg.

Cech too is a Chelsea legend, even though he now plays for a rival. He won titles with them, making remarkable contributions.

Nevertheless, on retirement he will have to decide where loyalty lies- Arsenal or Chelsea. Odds are he will choose Chelsea, unless he does something really big for Arsenal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
Spy360:

Haba!

Terry na confirm Chelsea legend abeg.

Cech too is a Chelsea legend, even though he now plays for a rival. He won titles with them, making remarkable contributions.

Nevertheless, on retirement he will have to decide where loyalty lies- Arsenal or Chelsea. Odds are he will choose Chelsea, unless he does something really big for Arsenal.

Terry is a legend based on his longevity, not impact, For impact try Drogba Lampard Cashley and Cech these were the players who stood up in those great memorable Chelsea moment in 2012 at Nou Camp and Munich while Terry disgraced himself and was missing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
This up barka boiz will b jumping midway into convos they have no bizness with...... angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nihilist:

If this is true, mehn, Roman should splash abeg. Hazard and sanchez on the flanks.. DEADLY!!!

And it will be good to watch gayners cry again like they did after loosing Ashley Cole and RVP to chelsea and manure.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
Sanchez is all I pray, in Jesus mighty name. Amen smiley smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
I don't see Pedro or willian going anywhere if or when Sanchez signs for us. Na that Alonso position sure pass for am.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
timbros:

Some reports have it that Atletico went for him

Na lie. What would Atletico do with such expired product.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
diggz:
I don't see Pedro or willian going anywhere if or when Sanchez signs for us. Na that Alonso position sure pass for am.
we need someone who can play like moses to play in stead of Alonso. ds is where we miss KDB.... Conte would have converted him to play like moses on LFB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
Pataki:

Apari is suffering from Ajakaja-ism. Defined as the madness of a dog to bark out extreme stewpeedity.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pataki:

Give us sanchez, take batshuayi + 20m cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
diggz:
How Alonso position take concern Sanchez. I nor understand how una dey watch ball sef.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
macjireh:

we need someone who can play like moses to play in stead of Alonso. ds is where we miss KDB.... Conte would have converted him to play like moses on LFB
A right footed player can not play that Alonso's position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
airmark:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

batshuayi is going nowhere. That guy is talented
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
hensben:
A right footed player can not play that Alonso's position.

I've not really watched KDB play, buh I thought he is left footed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
airmark:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

£200m for Sanchez and you can have him with my blessing. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
macjireh:

I've not really watched KDB play, buh I thought he is left footed.
Nah! He's right footed naturally.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
hensben:
batshuayi is going nowhere. That guy is talented

smiley He is talented but at 23, i was expecting more from him.

Pataki:

£200m for Sanchez and you can have him with my blessing. cool

I dont even know 7 quality players in arsenal , you can add to match that amount. smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nihilist:

There is nothing like loyalty from a player to any club or vice versa.

Football is just a job to footballers nothing more. The emotional connections are for the fans.
very correct.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
Dinho chose Terry cause of his longetivity at Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
hensben:
How Alonso position take concern Sanchez. I nor understand how una dey watch ball sef.

Sanchez plays more from the left side IMO....... Plus , that's the most useless player who the coach is looking forward to replace already.....so except u think the right side is the weakest,while moses,Pedro n willian hv been the major culprits sha....

Your opinion don't have to be same with mine tho...!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
hensben:

I tire o!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ariano10(m): 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
useless boatank

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
Sanchez won't be allowed to join an English team till his contract expires.

Meanwhile Virgil Van Dijk dey market for £25m

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
ariano10:
useless boatank

How would he eat for 2 days when he was the one marking Drogba for the corner?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ibime:

I tire o!

If you have Sanchez readily available in the squad and Alonso,who will you choose to play on that side of the pitch?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
raumdeuter:

Terry is a legend based on his longevity, not impact, For impact try Drogba Lampard Cashley and Cech these were the players who stood up in those great memorable Chelsea moment in 2012 at Nou Camp and Munich while Terry disgraced himself and was missing

You keep throwing around these lines like they excuses you from the use of logic. Do you even go through what you post at times?

If JT wasn't good enough, could he have enjoyed that longevity at Chelsea? If he wasn't making impacts, could he have lasted this long? Which sensible franchise retains a leader who isn't stirring his team to success for more than a decade?

I've got time, so I am going to educate you on what impact really is. Grab a pen and a book egbon, this one na evening class.

Impact could be defined as the powerful effect sth has on sb/sth. Using it in a sentence, you can easily say; John Terry's half-time speech made a profound impact on his team-mates.

Looking at some other ways John Terry could have made impacts at Chelsea. Here are stats that'll interest you:

1. With 40 league goals to his name, JT stands as Chelsea's and Premier League highest scoring defender. His total puts him ahead of David Unsworth, Ian Harte and Leighton Baines, and it is even more impressive considering his goals have come from open play rather than penalties or free-kicks.

2. He is one of five players at Chelsea to have made over 500 apps for the club.

3. He is Chelsea's most successful captain, having led them to four Premier League titles, four FA Cups, three League Cups and one UEFA Champions League title since 2004

4. He was named UEFA Club Defender of the Year in 2005, 2008 and 2009, PFA Players' Player of the Year in 2005, and was included in the FIFPro World XI for five consecutive seasons, from 2005 to 2009.

5. He was also named in the all-star squad for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, the only English player to make the team.

6. In 2007, he became the first captain to lift the FA Cup at the new Wembley Stadium in Chelsea's 1–0 win over Manchester United, and also the first player to score an international goal there, scoring a header in England's 1–1 draw with Brazil.

7. In Chelsea's league title winning seasons, this was how JT fared:

2004/05 (36 apps, 3 goals)
2005/06 (38 apps, 4 goals)
2009/10 (37 apps, 2 goals)
2014/15 (38 apps, 5 goals)

A cursory glance at this stats above would inform you that the captain himself was hugely involved in those titles wins. A whopping total of 467 of his appearances have come as starts, with just 16 from the bench, and his disciplinary record stands at 68 bookings and six red cards.

8. Only Giggs, Frank Lampard and Scholes have recorded more Premier League wins than Terry, whose total of 303 Premier League victories gives him a career win percentage of 63 per cent.

9. He has played under 10 different managers at Stamford Bridge, and in 2014/15 he became one of only two outfield players in Premier League history to have played every minute of a title-winning season after ex-Manchester United defender Gary Pallister in 1992/93 and 1994/95.

Before I bring this evening class to a close, I would love to know if you've got any questions for me. If there is none, I'll advice you to make for yourself a sculpture of John Terry, position it close to your bed and bow to it each morning before you step outta your door.

Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ibime:
Sanchez won't be allowed to join an English team till his contract expires.

Meanwhile Virgil Van Dijk dey market for £25m

I don't think he will be a bad buy for that amount. However what do will do to Chris?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
diggz:

If you have Sanchez readily available in the squad and Alonso,who will you choose to play on that side of the pitch?
Sanchez CANNOT replace Alonso!

That wingback position needs some one that can DEFEND very well and put in a decent shift in ATTACK.

Alonso defends and then gives a little support to Hazard on that left wing. Yeah, he's our weakest link..but his replacement have to be a left-footed player that can attack and most importantly, defend.

If Sanchez was here, he can swap position with Hazard intermittently during matches. They can thrive on both flanks... especially Hazard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) ... (19172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.