Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10699823 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) ... (19356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:05am On Jan 20, 2017
ollah1:

You aren't too smart after all. Why didn't you paste the ages of the players in the squad in his debut season at Barca? Whey skip a couple of seasons and move to 2010?

Hmmmmm...... Ok the smart one. Thanks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:47am On Jan 20, 2017
lordfalcao:
what you wrote was very easy to understand bro when you said this...
Conte wanted lukaku but someone at the top said no and gave him batshuayi, which to me its a lie.

I am only responsible for what I write bro, what you take away from it is your own responsibility.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2017
donjazet:
Many peeps have been undermining mourinhos successes with the tag cheque book manager despite his underdog triumphs, what the hell do we call this bald fraud? The fact that many of peps apostles agree that he has to spend at least another 100 million on his defense goes to show you who the cheque-book manager tag should be on.
You don't have to have the best players at all the positions! No!! You coach some to be better, you create a system that plays to their strength or you teach them to adapt to your system. Conte did that at juve, he is doing that at Chelsea, klop is doing that at Liverpool. I mean how do you concede four goals unreplied to a team that had 3 under 21s?? Holgate, Davies and look man
That is evidence of tactical inflexibility and shows his ineptitude in tactical changes and nuances.
Otamendi is not soo poor, kolarov is very decent and technical, stones just needs better guidance. City has a very rich squad and one of the most expensively assembled squad. FIND A SYSTEM THAT WORKS!!

Look at Chelsea, who could have thought Moses would be a very effective rightback? Or azpilicueta would be one of the best centrebacks despite his height? Or matic would also power a two man midfield despite being redundant in a 3 man midfield last season?

Look at Liverpool, who could have thought milner would be an effective left back, or firminho would effectively play the false 9 position? He has turned sluggish players like wijnaldum(spell check) and Anderson into power horses.
Goddammit pep, FIND THAT BALANCE!!! BE RESOURCEFUL!!! prove to your apostles that you are indeed the saviour of English football! No more excuses for these wobbles.

Let them keep making excuses for the chequebook manager.

Nateevs say he will not bend. . . . what doesn't bend must break.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 10:09am On Jan 20, 2017
excuse upon excuse for that apari from spain, 180mill spent and team never still correct grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2017
Make them dey yarn nonsense about that Messiless Fraudiola. I told them never to compare real managers to someone who has never won with underdogs, and is always disgraced against superior teams.

£180m spent and some ninny apologists are still making excuses about "when he gets what he wants."

Oya take am. . . .

After the yanga wey dem make/ (dem make, dem make)
Talk say Pep go bring the change/ (the change, the change)
Pepi come dey look like fake/(like fake, like fake)
EPL done show him face/ (him face, him face)

180 million wey him spend/ (him spend, him spend)
Still he no fit fix defence/ (defence, defence)
But now crayfish e don dey bend/ (dey bend, dey bend)
Pepi shakara done end/ (done end, done end)

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 10:16am On Jan 20, 2017
You can't defend Pep

Inherited the best, spent the most.....

After beating West Ham 5-0,the proud man said he knows the EPL code until Everton changed the password

The best attacking talents aren't scoring goals so don't tell me it's about the defence

Conte has improved Hazard, Costa, Pedro, Luis, A pic, Moses
Klopp has improved Coutinho, Firmino, Can, Clyne
Mourinho has improved Rojo, Jones, Valencia, Herrera

Please name one player that Pep has improved at City?? Little wonder the baldinho wanted 11 new players for Chelsea ,he can't make players better

Is Nateevs going to tell me that as at August Rojo, Jones and Darmian were better than Mangala, Demichelis,Stones and Sagna

Klopp is killing it with Klavan,Lovren and Lucas.... Even Miller na LB cheesy

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:35am On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

Now compare that to
sagna Kolarov Kompany otamendi Fernandinho Yaya Silva

Mostly over 30 and can't play Peps way.

One of Peps tactics is to have a full back bombing down. Alves one of the most attacking full backs of all time was deployed to devastating effect. Which of those tired legs full backs can race up and down the flanks like Alves or alaba.

And what will he create the new Busquets pedro Messi from? Clay? All these are from the youth team. Has anyone sensible been produced from the city academy

Who will recycle possession like Busquets, play from the back like Pique, bomb down the flanks like alves etc

Why didn't you observe all these when you declared him to stroll to the title after his 10 match winning run? Which players did he use to execute his strategies then? Oga stop defending the defenseless abeg.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:35am On Jan 20, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:
You can't defend Pep

After beating West Ham 5-0,the proud man said he knows the EPL code until Everton changed the password

The best attacking talents aren't scoring goals so don't tell me it's about the defence

Please name one player that Pep has improved at City?? Little wonder the baldinho wanted 11 new players for Chelsea ,he can't make players better

Is Nateevs going to tell me that as at August Rojo, Jones and Darmian were better than Mangala, Demichelis,Stones and Sagna

Kai...Bigkesh you dey crase grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2017
[quote author=nateevs post=52960755]

The problem is not Pep. The problem is everyone else that believes he should be what they think. Why is it hard to appreciate that he will not bend? It's a matter of opinion. He thinks you should not compromise your ideals to fit the popular mantra, you think not. What makes you right and him not? He's won over 15 years trophies doing it his way. Where's the problem?

People should stop the overflogged topic of "This is how Pep should do it". "He needs to find a system that works" News Flash! He doesn't. Because he has proven it. Even before he came, we all knew what he was about? So why everyone dey shout from roof-top to be heard? Free the guy abeg

But that is the bone of contention here!! Many of us who are very skeptical of pep's successes believe that it wasn't really of his own making! We argue that Barcelona as a club has a very unique successful structure/system which makes it very easy for many people (players and coaches alike) to easily slot in and out of the system seamlessly without damaging the structure. We argue that this system was made more successful and lifted higher with the performances of Messi and not really any tactical ingenuity of pep! Added also was the fact that the league wasnt really competitive. There was no one to effectively challenge the system bar a struggling Madrid. That is why many wanted him to leave Barça and come to the EPL where he was sure to be tested and alas, he is failing massively so far.

And kindly let me correct a notion. Pep doesn't need £100m to build a squad. This is a misguided intepretation of Pep's requirement of players. His ideology is not hinged on the total amount spent but the fundamental technical capbility of each player. Even if that player costs £5m. In essence, this means that a Mangala may have cost £35m and be very fit for a Jose system, does not mean he is fit for Pep's. This thing is not hard.

But this is also what people credited to pep! His apostles keep saying that he made his stars who they were cheesy he made Messi a little monster, he turned average players to world class stars, cheesy grin so why aren't we seeing that, man city has the second best academy in England after Chelsea right now, why aren't we seeing some academy players utilized? Instead we're seeing the opposite, the above average players are now looking like amateurs in the game, pep was handed an open cheque, he got want he wanted, the board didn't relent in anyway to satisfy pep's demand, why the excuses Man city brought every single player they were linked with during the summer which means his targets for his plans were acquired. If he failed to realize that he needed fullbacks, that is another failure for him because man city showed money wasn't an obstacle! If he said he wanted Luke Shaw from manu, the board is ready to spend 65m to buy Luke.

But all these just goes to solidify our(skeptics) thoughts that without the best or above average players, pep can't achieve anything in football. He has been spoon fed. The Barcelona system enhanced by Messi should be credited, not pep! HE IS A FRAUD.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2017
Fraudiola : till further notice! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:
You can't defend Pep

leave them make them dey make excuse they can never make for mou. Someone that said he doesn't train tackle, in epl and you expect him not to chop 4.
This is what you get when you are been pampered to the top unlike mou that started with under dog. You can't bring the best out of any city players instead you want to pass around and expect the player to do magic for you.

What I have observe about pep's Bayern and now city is that he weaken team resilience. I know how Bayern play before pep was appointed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2017
Nihilist:

I am only responsible for what I write bro, what you take away from it is your own responsibility.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2017
donjazet:
Man city brought every single player they were linked with during the summer which means his targets for his plans were acquired.

The bane of contention comes down to this. Regurgitated baseless opinion, being masked as fact, now settling into the consciousness of the ordinary football follower.

One will think that you were in the boardroom. Meanwhile, Nihilist posts a snippet from an article stating that Pep said in the past, that City needs 11 new players. However, your task will be easier if you chose to ignore this. And I understand. Afterall, having an opinion is easy. Having an informed opinion on the other hand. . . . .

I state again. I have no love for the guy but he is damn good at what he does. You want him to do it the way YOU THINK is best. My question is who are you to say so? You have not managed a footballer for one day and you are here criticising a fella who has won over a dozen trophies.

His employers are not complaining. Perhaps they are even waiting patiently to give him his own tools, you don't know. But you are taking Phensic and Alabukun for Headache that doesn't consign you. Weh done Sir!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
donjazet:
We argue that this system was made more successful and lifted higher with the performances of Messi and not really any tactical ingenuity of pep! Added also was the fact that the league wasnt really competitive. There was no one to effectively challenge the system bar a struggling Madrid. That is why many wanted him to leave Barça and come to the EPL where he was sure to be tested and alas, he is failing massively so far.

Most of your post are filled with personal opinions and most of them arent backed up by facts.

Pep dominated Europe in a way no team has done for like 20yrs. Yet you want us to believe his lack of domestic competition is the reason he destroyed Manure and Ferguson 2 times in a CL final

Its Messi and Barcelona structure yet the same Messi and Barcelona structure were trophyless for 2 seasons before Pep. In the CL they were getting eliminated by English teams suddenly Pep got there and they started winning.

Man City has the 2nd best academy in England, Can you name just 3 players who are decent and have graduated from this wonderful City academy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

Most of your post are filled with personal opinions and most of them arent backed up by facts.

What do you expect...DonGayzzy is an Airhead...Information and Airheads don't go together...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
nateevs:

The bane of contention comes down to this. Regurgitated baseless opinion, being masked as fact, now settling into the consciousness of the ordinary football follower.

One will think that you were in the boardroom. Meanwhile, Nihilist posts a snippet from an article stating that Pep said in the past, that City needs 11 new players. However, your task will be easier if you chose to ignore this. And I understand. Afterall, having an opinion is easy. Having an informed opinion on the other hand. . . . .

I state again. I have no love for the guy but he is damn good at what he does. You want him to do it the way YOU THINK is best. My question is who are you to say so? You have not managed a footballer for one day and you are here criticising a fella who has won over a dozen trophies.

His employers are not complaining. Perhaps they are even waiting patiently to give him his own tools, you don't know. But you are taking Phensic and Alabukun for Headache that doesn't consign you. Weh done Sir!

You're the one taking panadol for Peps headache.

He inherited the best team, spent the most money and is performing worse than Pellegrini. Quit speaking English around it.

Allow us to mock qnd dance jare and quit being a ninny apologist for one season, and let us have our fun.

I'm even thinking of releasing remix of "After the tikitaka, play the blues" by season end. cheesy

It's gonna be pure mockery from now till season end. grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordjnr: 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nihilist:

Hmmmm.....I think it was a shot sir....the perpetrator would have to help us confirm for sure.....there seems to be some sort of newly acquired "silencer shade nozzle" being used by some of these blue criminals these days!

Let me keep observing for now.....

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
Wow.. . .I am amazed.

Some guys here are quick to point out that Mourinho cannot achieve without spending but then make a case for Pep needing 11 new players to succeed.

Really?? A supposedly 'world' class' manager needs a complete overhaul of a team that won the league just 3 years before and have spent millions on upgrade. . Are we playing football manager

Make una suffery suffery dey talk some things o.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
If you guys ignore what his crazy supporters said in his defence and listen to the man una go don manage una expectations better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
lalaboi:
Wow.. . .I am amazed.

Some guys here are quick to point out that Mourinho cannot achieve without spending but then make a case for Pep needing 11 new players to succeed.

Really?? A supposedly 'world' class' manager needs a complete overhaul of a team that won the league just 3 years before and have spent millions on upgrade. . Are we playing football manager

Manchester United won the league just before City? Do they need a complete overhaul to win another league or not?
Can you tell how much Manure has spent since the last title to even stay competitive

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
lalaboi:
Wow.. . .I am amazed.

I don't think I intimidate people on here. grin So if a post is meant to be directed to me, 'then be man, do the right thing'! grin. (By the way that's from Peter Russell)

To the post, I knew this was coming and I knew it will come because of a fundamental lack of understanding of the concepts behind the arguments.

This is it. It is futile arguing that any manager does not need money to win. Anyone caught saying that, should be imprisoned. Both managers need money. He'll even Fergie needed/needs money.

The fundamental difference between Pep and JM is that people hire JM when they want to win trophies. End of. Success. End of!

However only deceitful people do not admit that when Pep is hired, it goes a little further than just Success. Fact! Pep then says, you want my 'style', to achieve it, so so are the conditions. Including mentioning that, I do not care what your current stock is, I know my style inside out and your stock us incompatible with the conditions of my set up. Simple!

And that's the truth. In other words, it doesn't matter if your stock cost you a billion. If you come lusting after my style, you have to chunk out and replace.

Now how hard is this to understand?

You lot are now coming to tell the guy to adapt. Adapt bawo? Are we all in denial of why he was hired? Did he not state his terms and conditions? And you claiming adapt and declaring he is wrong. Why should he adapt? The guy is in no denial of why he was hired.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
Antonio Conte is here and the headline news is that Diego Costa is available for this weekend's game with Hull on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1HD, having 'fully recovered' from his back injury.

"Yes he is available for the game against Hull. He started to train on Tuesday with the rest of the team. He trained very well and he is fit. He hasn’t got any pain in his back."

Zing!!!

Good that Costa is back though....even if he is an Oloshi extraordinaire...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kagawa10: 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2017
Spy360:

If Klopp, Poch or Koeman had picked up Stones, they would have been shattering glasses upandan.

Pep was the hype not Stones.

Klopp wouldn't even go near Stones in the first place and I'm sure Koeman is already counting his blessing that he was quickly sold off! I could still recall how he looked against us in our friendly match against Everton, Ibra made him look like pub player in that match..

Stones' problem is his, not anyone! He's not even a player!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nihilist:

Zing!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even if he is an Oloshi extraordinaire..... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
nateevs:

I don't think I intimidate people on here. grin So if a post is meant to be directed to me, 'then be man, do the right thing'! grin. (By the way that's from Peter Russell)

To the post, I knew this was coming and I knew it will come because of a fundamental lack of understand of the concepts behind the arguments.

This is it. It is futile arguing that any manager does not need money to win. Anyone caught saying that, should be imprisoned. Both managers need money. He'll even Fergie needed/needs money.

The fundamental difference between Pep and JM is that people hire JM when they want to win trophies. End of. Success. End of!

However only deceitful people do not admit that when Pep is hired, it goes a little further than just Success. Fact! Pep then says, you want my 'style', to achieve it, so so are the conditions. Including mentioning that, I do not care what your current stock is, I know my style inside out and your stock us incompatible with the conditions of my set up. Simple!

And that's the truth. In other words, it doesn't matter if your stock cost you a billion. If you come lusting after my style, you have to chunk out and replace.

Now how hard is this to understand?

You lot are now coming to tell the guy to adapt. Adapt bawo? Are we all in denial of why he was hired? Did he not state his terms and conditions? And you claiming adapt and declaring he is wrong. Why should he adapt? The guy is in no denial of why he was hired.

C'mon Nateevs! Over the past few months, all i do here is drop my comments and go or just continue reading along. Believe me, it was directed at not only you, but you seem to have caught the sub and heck i kuku know Russel Peters as i used to jam him on netflix back then.

Its completely illogical to say Man City hired Pep not to bring success but mainly because of his style. . .Completely Disagree! If anything, his successful days at the 2 previous clubs he managed is a bigger criteria than style. I know, it sounds like we are saying the same thing but no. Success > Style which is why coaches like mourinho/Ancelloti can get any jobs out there because they have done it in 3 of the 4 major leagues in the Europe! THEY DIDN'T NEED 11 NEW PLAYERS to do this.

Anyone that hires pep knows he's not staying there for long as he loses interest that quick. Even after he's gone, do you think the club will want to continue with his 'style'? How is Bayern faring without him now? Did they continue with his 'style? off course not, It was binned the minute they hired another manager. I cannot say the same about Barcelona because they eat drink and shiit that style of play from the academy.
Case in point - Barely a year into the City job he's talking about retiring. I can bet my saving on it, He won't do any longer than his previous spells at Bayern and Barca. so what is the point of hiring him if not to win immediately (Priority)

I also find it distasteful that you would rate a manager who needs at least 11 new signings (who won't come cheap) to conquer English football. There is even no gaurantee that if he gets those 11, he will succeed. he bought 5 new players with 180mil, 2 have been utter rubbish, 1 costs 42million and can't even start regularly, another is injury prone and despite knowing this he still bought him injured. If Pep cant be blamed for assembling this team, i wonder who we go blame. Emanalo?

Summary! Pep does not need 11 new players to play his style at City! his style is simply not working in the premier league. C'es fini

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kagawa10: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
airmark:

If a coach wants his team to break bank, it's possible, especially in a team with a certain sheikh monsur. Pep is enjoying what he didnt enjoy at bayern. After their pre-season match against dortmund , he was asked and he confirmed he wanted stones and sane, despite the huge tags. When he didnt want hart, nobody stopped him. Even when fans were crying, he was determined and bravo was brought in. He didnt need to hold any check book to force the hands of those with it. He gave man city's management conditions before accepting their offer. He determines who to push for and who to let go. He showed yaya toure he was the boss and no one stopped him. He is solely responsible for stones' sh1t.

I quite agree with you on the fact that it's Pep's fault for having a poor window and failing to bring in the best quality into the team..

There are many players he could have signed for cheap such as Glik who had a great euros and eventually left for Monaco, instead Pep was having convulsion over the useless Stones! Not forgetting his German counterparts where one is a crock and the other an average kid..

What he was thinking when he was signing these players really baffles me, considering he already knows how poor the City squad is. He probably thought City already has worldclass players after seeing how they fared in last season CL tourny.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nihilist:

Exactly, Jose wanted Pogba- we reportedly offered over 60m before deciding enough was enough. He went to Manyoo and they gave him Pogba for almost 100m.

Conte said he wanted Lukaku. We threw 55m at Everton...they said they didn't want. Somebody upstairs said enough is enough and went to buy Batshuayi. We know Conte is not happy with what he has in the striking department but he can't don anything about it.

Conte at City would probably have gotten not just Lukaku senior, but his useless aburo, and their mum to work in thr club kitchen pounding yam.

When there's hype there's hype. That's the way football works.

grin grin For Fcukk sake i don't why chelsea wan try sign lukaku back angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nihilist:

Time will tell but I agree that Pep is a great coach. But anyone can be a great coach with Messi on the roster. You don't even need to be alive - That's why he needs to prove himself here and now.

Let's see how he gets on.

May his soul RIP
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
@ Nateevs, the irony cheesy we all have our opinions. You being pompous and arrogant in defense of your opinion is what marvels me. I don't know what makes you think your opinion is superior to mine if not sheer arrogance and a bloated ego.
I don't think you have ever coached primary school pupils not to talk of an amateur local league, so one can only wonder what makes you think you know more than many others in football related issues.

What makes football interesting for fans has always been the difference of opinions derived from what we watch, read and hear.

You and some others are of the opinion that pep has his own style or brand of football and shouldn't or can't be flexible. Many of us are of the opinion that that brand was never to his credit. They were pioneers of that brand of which he simply was part of, that brand worked effectively because of the players at his disposal and his inability to be tactically flexible shows he is simply as average as many coaches.

When we use the term 'fraud', we're not saying he is a very bad coach who knows nothing about football but we're strongly revolting against the idea that he is the BEST coach in football. Wrong!!! We are of the opinion that he was fortunate enough to have rich tools to further enhance an idea which was already in existence. We don't see him as unique because his mettle hasn't been tested and we are ejaculating over his predicament now because we predicted right from time that when he was duly tested, he would FALTER!

please don't quote me again if you don't have the stats or means to back up your egregious claims. I have my opinions, you have yours. We are here to banter and throw shades but you need to take your ego down a notch. tongue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
lalaboi:

Anyone that hires pep knows he's not staying there for long as he loses interest that quick. Even after he's gone, do you think the club will want to continue with his 'style'? How is Bayern faring without him now? Did they continue with his 'style? off course not, It was binned the minute they hired another manager. I cannot say the same about Barcelona because they eat drink and shiit that style of play from the academy.
Case in point - Barely a year into the City job he's talking about retiring. I can bet my saving on it, He won't do any longer than his previous spells at Bayern and Barca. so what is the point of hiring him if not to win immediately (Priority)

Man City did not sign Pep for his style per se...even though he is the embodiment of Tiki Taka football.

Pep is just a collectible card in the larger set that Sheik Mansour wants.

Over the last 4 years, City have hired

A former Barca director of football (Txiki Gbegiri-stain)
A former Barca perfomance Analyst (Carles Planchart)
A former Barca fitness coach (Lorenzo Buenaventura)
Former Barca Coaches (Rodolfo Borrell, Domenec Torrent, Mikel Arteta)
A former Head of External Relations (Manel Estiarte)
2 Former Barca doctors ( Cugat and Mauri)

Then to head it all, they hired a former Barca VP ( Ferran Soriano) to oversee the club admin as CEO and Barca's most iconic Coach (Pep) to oversee matters on the pitch

Mansour doesn't just want Pep, He want's Barca. Infact, I'm sure Messi is very much in his sights.

This is what Nateevs is alluding to - and evidence definitely appears to support his position to an extent.

Where Nateevs and I differ is on the idea that short term failures are not seen to be too significant. I suspect that City are also prepared to go through the list of ex-Barca managers to get what they want if Pep doesn't sort things out very soon. I wont be surprised if Mansour goes to exhume Vilanova next sef.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nihilist:

Zing!!!

Something that is madding costa in the brain angry .. Glad he's happy though , Let the Second phase of the season begin cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
After all said and stated ,We've Murdered Raumdeuter at the end grin grin ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) ... (19356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SirAce, youngZee23, hensben(m), Trevor012(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.