Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10519586 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (19155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2013
CFCfan: The comments on the thread below are hilarious grin grin grin grin grin
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2517558/World-Cup-draw-England-Group-Death-Brazil-Holland-Mexico.html

It's a shame though, that the likes of Ramsey and Bale wouldn't be at the world cup; as these two players are amongst the top 5 British footballers on current form. Imagine if Wales and England merge to form one "football nation", the 2 players would be automatically in that country's 23 man squad.

This would be the dream line up: 4-2-1-3
________________Hart______________

G. Johnson_______Cahill_______Jagielka_________Cole

__________Gerrard_____Wilshere______

_______________Ramsey___________

Walcott_________Rooney_____Bale

Ramsey is not a 10 and Wilshere is not a 4.

Wilshere can't even get a game at Arsenal these days, especially with a fully fit squad. Shey na en go displace Carrick or Sturridge?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

Ramsey is not a 10 and Wilshere is not a 4.

Wilshere can't even get a game at Arsenal these days, especially with a fully fit squad. Shey na en go displace Carrick or Sturridge?

England/Wales would need midfielders who can hustle for possession against the big teams. Carrick is too 'legless' to do that, despite his renowned passing skills. If Carrick should be in that midfield, Wilshere has to be there. That would mean Gerrard would drop to the bench.
And Ramsey, as evidenced this season, can play in any role in the midfield, as he does with Arsenal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2013
CFCfan:

England/Wales would need midfielders who can hustle for possession against the big teams. Carrick is too 'legless' to do that, despite his renowned passing skills. If Carrick should be in that midfield, Wilshere has to be there. That would mean Gerrard would drop to the bench.
And Ramsey, as evidenced this season, can play in any role in the midfield, as he does with Arsenal.

Are you sure you know what you're saying?

Wilshere is not even known to be a hustling midfielder. His best position is in the hole, but he can't bench Ozil or Rosicky at Arsenal and def not Rooney at England.

To Accomodate Wilshere, Wenger was playing him on the left flank... Till Cazorla came back. At England, Young, lallana, and even baines would have that covered. In an All-Uk lineup big daddy Bale is there.

On the right flank he has an in-form Townsend, Theo Walcott, and mr Dependable James Milner.

In the double Pivot he would have to compete with Lampard, Carrick, Jones, Barry, Maybe even Barkley for the lone spot cos Gerrard will play every game if he's fit. And Wilshere is not even as good as most of them.

Ramsey has either played in the Pivot or in the Right this season. He's a younger version on Stevie G, and no sane manager will put both of them together in the sane pivot.

Gerard is captain so..... Right flank.

See options at right flank listed above.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 10:11am On Dec 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

Wilshere is not even known to be a hustling midfielder. His best position is in the hole, but he can't bench Ozil or Rosicky at Arsenal and def not Rooney at England.

To Accomodate Wilshere, Wenger was playing him on the left flank... Till Cazorla came back. At England, Young, lallana, and even baines would have that covered. In an All-Uk lineup big daddy Bale is there.

On the right flank he has an in-form Townsend, Theo Walcott, and mr Dependable James Milner.

In the double Pivot he would have to compete with Lampard, Carrick, Jones, Barry, Maybe even Barkley for the lone spot cos Gerrard will play every game if he's fit. And Wilshere is not even as good as most of them.

Ramsey has either played in the Pivot or in the Right this season. He's a younger version on Stevie G, and no sane manager will put both of them together in the sane pivot.

Lololololololololol grin cheesy grin

Na textbook we dey write/read? tongue grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:19am On Dec 04, 2013
Ibime: Make we hear word jare. Dzeko had so much space behind, Silva could not fail but to find that pass.

Una too dey hype. Both passes are just there, nothing special. Demba Ba is busy running free, Matas pass goes toward where defenders are and boys dey shout "see pass". The best pass there is in Demba Ba trajectory, forget how it looks on TV.

if players make passes like that in every league game, football would be so much better & so enjoyable to watch. any of those passes could have been easily intercepted if the execution wasn't right - leave us alone, let us hype the passes. you are a lover of rugby or jambody football so what do you know?

is this pass also ordinary?

[img]http://www.gsoranje.nl/archives/images/neddenklungel.gif[/img]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

On the right flank, I'll go with experience, picking both Walcott and Milner. I may even add Oxlade Chamberlain too.
Lampard is not a guaranteed starter for England these days, unlike 4 years ago. He'll be at best, a substitute.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Anyone got an eye on Thorgan Hazard?

Zulte are title contenders today is all thanks to the kid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
Terry has struggled to deall with altidore.
Torres is at his 'best'.
Mata doing his bit but it is hazard's night today.
Eden has been of immense quality
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Torres off. Ba on
And rightly so.
Torres has been pants
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
MOTM Eden Hazard. imo he comes ALIVE when Mata is on the pitch.

Crazy crazy match it was.

3 points and that was the koko.

Its Stoke City next. Goodnight folks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
We no fit keep clean sheet? angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
My boy Hazard coming into his own. Dude is on the verge of stepping up. He ran the show A to Z.
Easily MOTM.

On the other hand, the disorganisation in defence has entered a new level. Good thing David Luiz is not around.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 05, 2013
This is not the legendary JM defense of yore. What we have are disjointed and confused defenders. Whats with leaving Ashley out continuously? Lucky win. Only Hazard, Mata and Lamps put in a decent shift last night. JM of all people should know that you don't win titles with shitty defense and a dud striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:50am On Dec 05, 2013
sephia: This is not the legendary JM defense of yore. What we have are disjointed and confused defenders. Whats with leaving Ashley out continuously? Lucky win. Only Hazard, Mata and Lamps put in a decent shift last night. JM of all people should know that you don't win titles with shitty defense and a dud striker.
That win was far from lucky. Our BEST performance away from home till date.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2013
I for one am not convinced that Mourinho has what it takes to manage the club.

For all the hype about the Mourinho way, we have been conceding goals left, right, and centre.

I feel that the individual performances of some of our star players have helped paper over some tactical cracks.

How long this can continue, I don't know, but I think the Myth and Cult of Mourinho has been exposed as a sham
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2013
GustavoFring: I for one am not convinced that Mourinho has what it takes to manage the club.

For all the hype about the Mourinho way, we have been conceding goals left, right, and centre.

I feel that the individual performances of some of our star players have helped paper over some tactical cracks.

How long this can continue, I don't know, but I think the Myth and Cult of Mourinho has been exposed as a sham

Hmmm strong words. I wonder how many of these Chelsea Mourinho fans would agree with you

If we are not throwing money at every problem, We are fighting every coach in the press or simply courting controversy, Tell your players not to talk to opponents players, Poke eye of other coaches or encourage players to break opponents leg

In tough games play some of the worst negative football ever seen

Mourinho got to Chelsea for the first time almost 10yrs ago. How many players since then can it be said he discovered in the last decade and are stars now

rather he sells any upcoming star and splashes on some Etoo, Willian Coentrao etc available
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2013
GustavoFring: I for one am not convinced that Mourinho has what it takes to manage the club.

Nonsense. . . Mourinho is to be blamed for the players not clearing easy crosses or dealing with corners in a shit way. . .what a wonderfull way of thinking bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2013
lalaboi:

Nonsense. . . Mourinho is to be blamed for the players not clearing easy crosses or dealing with corners in a shit way. . .what a wonderfull way of thinking bro.
Yeah, the defense has been shakey of recent. It has little to do with tactical issues.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2013
Hazard should play like that more often. I refuse to get hyped about him destroying the bottom club defence. No doubt he played well but he needs to be consistent!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 05, 2013
My all star European WC team:
_________Neuer________

Sagna____Chielini____Hummels____Lahm

Iniesta____Schweinsteiger____Xavi

Robben____Diego Costa____Ronaldo

4-3-3
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:54am On Dec 05, 2013
^^^

What is Sagna doing on the list?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 05, 2013
If the Manager can't be blamed when the defenders mess up, why should he take Credit when they are in form?

Infact why do we need a manager? Why doesn't RA just send out eleven players to do whatever they want since the Manager has no effect?

I said it last summer and will say it again- The marriage of JM and Chelsea is a marriage of European rejects: The Manager no club wanted vs the Job no manager wanted.

Mourinho's second coming was heralded with promises of playing the Mourinho way blending Resolute Defending, Brutal Physicality, and Ruthless counter attacks- Features we've seen only sparingly this season.

We were promised Champagne but Mourinho is looking like Lager- Good, but not Good enough!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:27am On Dec 05, 2013
GustavoFring: If the Manager can't be blamed when the defenders mess up, why should he take Credit when they are in form?

Infact why do we need a manager? Why doesn't RA just send out eleven players to do whatever they want since the Manager has no effect?

I said it last summer and will say it again- The marriage of JM and Chelsea is a marriage of European rejects: The Manager no club wanted vs the Job no manager wanted.

Mourinho's second coming was heralded with promises of playing the Mourinho way blending Resolute Defending, Brutal Physicality, and Ruthless counter attacks- Features we've seen only sparingly this season.

We were promised Champagne but Mourinho is looking like Lager- Good, but not Good enough!

I don't know where you get your stories from but Mourinho has insisted on playing a different way than before in various press conferences. I don't where you saw Mourinho promise you at that you listed above.

I still don't get what you are blaming mourinho for. . Is it the fact that the players who are already in good positions fail to make simple contact with the ball and clear? Or the fact that Mr Ivanovic can just decide to sleep and let a certain Mr Sallah get ahead of him?

The same defence is stil 3rd/4th best in the league based on goals conceded. Would have been better if we didnt conceed 3 silly goals base don ping pong play Sunderland yesterday

You lot just jump at a chance to blame mourinho's second coming. Its like you just wish he doesnt do well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 05, 2013
lalaboi:

I don't know where you get your stories from but Mourinho has insisted on playing a different way than before in various press conferences. I don't where you saw Mourinho promise you at that you listed above.

I still don't get what you are blaming mourinho for. . Is it the fact that the players who are already in good positions fail to make simple contact with the ball and clear? Or the fact that Mr Ivanovic can just decide to sleep and let a certain Mr Sallah get ahead of him?

The same defence is stil 3rd/4th best in the league based on goals conceded. Would have been better if we didnt conceed 3 silly goals base don ping pong play Sunderland yesterday

You lot just jump at a chance to blame mourinho's second coming. Its like you just wish he doesnt do well

We are only 2nd because the over contenders keep slipping up.

I have seen no real tactical nous from JM this term and occasionally our play has been a shambles and painful to watch.

Like I said, I feel like the individual brilliance of certain players have papered over the cracks, but I am most definitely not convinced that JM is the one to take us to the next level.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2013
GustavoFring:

We are only 2nd because the over contenders keep slipping up.

I have seen no real tactical nous from JM this term and occasionally our play has been a shambles and painful to watch.

Like I said, I feel like the individual brilliance of certain players have papered over the cracks, but I am most definitely not convinced that JM is the one to take us to the next level.

Ododo oro lo so, Baba Ahmed.

You must also note that, had Sunderland not made an error in concentration in allowing that own goal yesterday, Chelsea would probably have lost the game or at best gotten a draw. Sunderland truly showed that Chelsea's defence under Moaninghoe is utter pants.

U are seeing the bigger picture of things. Moaninghoe, is none different from Moyes I must say.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:52am On Dec 05, 2013
My point of view aligns with Gustavo although not as extreme. I believe Mourinho is in a state of confusion about what style to implement. JM is not a coach of players who love to put the ball on the ground. His attacking tactics are counter-attacking based. Unfortunately, we have a group of players who are craft-masters and seemingly the type of players you would not find in a JM assembled team.

I don't believe we have not seen anything from him yet. The intensity he has brought to the team is clear and the tactical flexibility to sit back and defend should we encounter a better opposition is welcome. What I do not agree with is the desire to play counter attacking football against every team. I cannot see any sense in Hazard tracking back to mark wingers of Crystal Palace when CP themselves should be bothered about not leaving their half because of the threat of Hazard. That will never appease me.

Also, JM has no idea how to coach possession football. He is not that flexible. He knows only one way to play - counter attack. This is embarrassingly evident when you see vastly inferior Basel come to SB and totally play us off the park. We could not string 10 passes together at a time even though our players are made to play like that. Instead what we get is Mata not able to get a game even against Basel.

If Pellegrini was our manager, you would see by now the change in play. This way, players like KDB, Schurlle would have played more games. I do not like the fact that players know that their place on the team will never be based on their attacking input but their defensive display.

I like the fact that players know that with Mourinho, you cannot be guaranteed a start. However this does not explain how Ivanovic gets a game time after time even though he makes mistake after mistake.

I believe there's room for improvement. I only fear that JM's unwillingness to play possession based football against the bottom half teams will wear out the few players who can play counter attacking football. This might become a massive problem in the business end of the season when the main players are tired and the subs have not played more than handful and are not sharp enough to keep the standards.

The only way around it is to allow him go out in the winter and buy his own players. This is unnecessary and expensive but hey, this the only way JM comes out of this looking good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
Do we all agree that Scolari was a waste of time and resources? That AVB was a huge mistake. These people came and did close to nothing for Chelsea yet, most gave them time and all sorts of explanations and excuses.
Rafa came and did nothing exceptional (didn't see any tactical megedefegede) and dare I say we played some of our best football under RdM even while operating in Gear 2 mode. Granted he messed up and failed against the "BIG" boys but the trio of Hazard, Mata and Oscar were always having the "lesser" teams for lunch until the Manchester fiasco. Heck we constantly saw our full-backs (Cole and Ivanovic) operating as strikers. Not just because the main striker was a failure but also because that was how the team was set up.

Make no mistake for I sometimes get frustrated (even recently) with JM but could this be what I'd call over-expectation? It may help to view him as a "new" manager trying to solve the puzzle called Chelsea. We all assumed that we will win the league easily, be strong defensively because of the JM factor but even the man himself is not settled yet on his first team. This I know.
And hey, there is nothing wrong for Hazard to defend irrespective of opposition (Ronado, Bale and other top players do this. No biggie there)

This is not the first time Basel dey form for us neither is it the first time Sunderland would give us some tough time even at the Bridge. Did I hear you say Asamoah Gyan? The Pelegrini nateevs is talking got beat by the same JM side and Citeh lost scandalously to lower teams.
With the Citeh team and the "brilliant" manager they have, this should never have happened but it is happening. Pelegrini lost to Sunderland.

So folks relax. Why don't/can't we grade him next season (provided the RA effect does not come into play) when he would have had ample time to blend/sort things out. As for this season, winning the league or any trophy will be nothing but a bonus for the hard work.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sweeping statements all round - not even leaving room for "what ifs". Ok o, issorai, we shall see. . .

I do not like the fact that
players know that their place on the team will never be based on
their attacking input but their
defensive display.

This is one of the reasons why I think Mourinho is goat. It's just absurd.

My point of view aligns with Gustavo although not as extreme.

The only way around it is to allow him go out in the winter and buy his own players. This is unnecessary and expensive but hey, this the only way JM comes out of this looking good.

This is also an extreme statement in every sense of it. You are literally postulating that this team is not capable of achieving great things or at least make giant strides going forward, hence "The only way around it is to allow him go out in the winter and buy his own players. This is
unnecessary and expensive but
hey, this the only way JM comes
out of this looking good."

My own be say, make Chelsea continue to dey win trophies titilai! Within the next 5 - 7 years, achieve an enviable level of financial stability and develop a stadium of at least 70k capacity. Dazall!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
God bless you Bros FBS.

Jose can be a goat sometimes, but the sweeping statements ninjas are passing is unwarranted at this stage. We are still well placed and poised for success this season na. . .

And hey, there is nothing wrong for Hazard to defend irrespective of opposition (Ronado, Bale and other top players do this. No biggie there)

But bros, is it not worrisome that these fellas are now judged so to say for their defensive work, rather than their attacking verve?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
nitlad: Sweeping statements all round - not even leaving room for "what ifs". Ok o, issorai, we shall see. . .

This is one of the reasons why I think Mourinho is goat. It's just absurd.

This is also an extreme statement in every sense of it. You are literally postulating that this team is not capable of achieving great things or at least make giant strides going forward, hence "The only way around it is to allow him go out in the winter and buy his own players. This is
unnecessary and expensive but
hey, this the only way JM comes
out of this looking good."

Nope. Actually I am not postulating that the team is incapable of great things. I do not think a part of my post shows that. If anything, it states that JM will not get the best of the ability of the team because of the way he wants to play. To achieve this way he desires to play, he will have to go into the market and tweak the current team. That's a fact.

Hence the "This is the only way he comes out of this looking good" . . .

I do not think that is extreme. I am only explaining what I see on the evidence of Mata and KDB unable to get a game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
FBS: Do we all agree that Scolari was a waste of time and resources? That AVB was a huge mistake. These people came and did close to nothing for Chelsea yet, most gave them time and all sorts of explanations and excuses.
Rafa came and did nothing exceptional (didn't see any tactical megedefegede) and dare I say we played some of our best football under RdM even while operating in Gear 2 mode. Granted he messed up and failed against the "BIG" boys but the trio of Hazard, Mata and Oscar were always having the "lesser" teams for lunch until the Manchester fiasco. Heck we constantly saw our full-backs (Cole and Ivanovic) operating as strikers. Not just because the main striker was a failure but also because that was how the team was set up.

Make no mistake for I sometimes get frustrated (even recently) with JM but could this be what I'd call over-expectation? It may help to view him as a "new" manager trying to solve the puzzle called Chelsea. We all assumed that we will win the league easily, be strong defensively because of the JM factor but even the man himself is not settled yet on his first team. This I know.

This is not the first time Basel dey form for us neither is it the first time Sunderland would give us some tough time even at the Bridge. Did I hear you say Asamoah Gyan? The Pelegrini nateevs is talking got beat by the same JM side and Citeh lost scandalously to lower teams.
With the Citeh team and the "brilliant" manager they have, this should never have happened but it is happening. Pelegrini lost to Sunderland.

So folks relax. Why don't/can't we grade him next season (provided the RA effect does not come into play) when he would have had ample time to blend/sort things out. As for this season, winning the league or any trophy will be nothing but a bonus for the hard work.

Bro don't get me wrong. I am not canvassing for Pelegrini or anything like that. Neither am I calling for the head of JM. I tried to give much balance to my thoughts by expressing the likes and dislikes of what I have seen so far. Perhaps I did not do a good job in my delivery.

My main state of mind really is "let's see how it goes" However, inside this remains the facts and those facts are the things I am stating.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
Make we hear word jare. I'm not sure where Chelsea finished on the log in previous seasons but the table tells me theres been a movement in the positive direction.

And one can't be talking of possession with MaZaCars. The ninjas who control possession are all no 4s. Xavis, Busquets, Schweinsteigers and Toni Kroos of this world, not the wingers. So why would one talk of controlling possession just because one has flashy wingers. My problem with Jose would be along the lines of him not seeing how vital the central midfield is in terms of holding possession, protecting the back 4 and giving others freedom to play. Anything else na yarns because many managers passed through the club in the last few years and Jose is improving on all of them with regards of still being in the title race in December. It's been 4 years since one could say that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (19155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m), Kimbeast and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.