Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,206 members, 7,867,507 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10763444 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (19450) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2012
How market," Mr. European Champions"? Hope u guys do not relegate this season, trying to copy and play like the indefatigable Barcelona, whom u "beat" last timeout!
Do not place much hope on RdM. He does have the pedigree to lead a big team like Chelsea, when the chips are down. I do not underestimate him but u do not give what u do not have. By December, i will be surprised to see Chelsea's league position any better than 8th! Pre-seasons are always an indication of what's on the plate. Do not delude yourselves that things 'll suddenly change for better when you play a competitive match. Chelsea and RdM simply punched way above their weight last season. It is my bet they will crash down in their bid to better it. Call it a tall order!

Here is an observing Barca fan.

@johnpaul or frankbenson,
are u still struggling to accept the chelsea vs barca results? well, it is not about the last result, rather it is about chelsea barca from time. barca can beat angels in football but not chelsea fc. we can lost to a 4th division team but not to barca. even with ovrabo, barca could not win chelsea. even with 10 men, barca could not beat chelsea. i have a copy of that torres run in which he stopped at a point and ask the ref if he shld continue the run. barca players were all carried away that they forgot defending was part of the game. what pedigree had pep before he started coaching barca? where is the pedigree of rijkard after coaching barca. learn to accept defeat or behave like the real barca fans who fainted and die because they could not live by the result. mark my words, chelsea even at relegation will beat barca as long as the ref will remain neutral.

debosky: Sturridge sends team GB out!

and where were u when sturridge helped team GB to go through? did u comment on oscar's contributions? enemy of european champions and prophet of doom. if u hate champions, tell me how arsenal will become one now or in future.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
nateevs:
You think RDM can mandate Lampard and Terry to get the ball back within 10 secs?
If they don't, what would he do?

This guy is highly confused!

Wetin concern John Terry and "getting the ball back in 10 secs". You want centre-back to leave his position and go and start pressing opponents in their own half?

Getting ball back within 10 secs is chiefly the responsibility of the front four players, but reports you gave us told us shekpe keeper only touched the ball twice. Was he standing hands akimbo all this while waiting for others to fetch the ball within 10 seconds? grin

And who even said that getting ball back within 10 secs is our gameplan? I thought the same confusionists also told us Shekpe keeper can only play on counterattack, and if so, the logical pressing game would be to let the opponents have the ball until they step into our half, creating opportunity for SWITCHBACK!!!! angry

Infact, I dont want our players pressing high at all as long as Mikel and JT are still there to be brutally exposed on counterattack.

nateevs: I really don't know where to start from.
We have Mata, Oscar and perhaps Moses, Hulk and Azpilicueta to join up. So maybe, maybe things will be different.

So I will keep those comments for now.

If you like buy Pele and Garrincha.

Same guy told us we have little chance until Hulk joins and such.

One wonders whether Hazard, Mata, Oscar and shekpe-keeper are not sufficiently skilled to do the job.

If Mata, Hazard and Oscar are geniuses, then shekpe-keeper must be the one that will be holding everybody back.

It does not matter who Chelsea sign. Any attempt to play a style of footie that leaves opponents space to counter with Mikel and Terry covering those counterattacks is a LABOUR IN VAIN. . . soon to lead to loss of confidence in any system we implement when they see Shane Long streaking away to score on the counterattack after dominating possession from start to finish. tiki-taka style of play will peter out like with Scolari, Ancelotti and AVB without strong niggas to cover counterattacks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ibime:

This is Debosky and I endorse this message. grin

Pressing high up with a 31 year old Terry and a slow man like Mikel? What RVP did to y'all at SB will be childsplay if that madness is tried again. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Everything points to the fact that the Shekpe keeper is the problem

Now Alhaji Drogba has left Chelsea lets see what Torres would blame this time around
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
debosky:

Pressing high up with a 31 year old Terry and a slow man like Mikel? What RVP did to y'all at SB will be childsplay if that madness is tried again. grin

if you are still happy to identify with ur barren club(arsenal) then those of us in the champions of europe shld go to sleep with our doors open for good. if u win chelsea and remain in the top 4 at the end of the season, you are good. it is a shame that arsenal has gone down to this low level where winning chelsea stands out as an award winning achievement. don't forget that QPR won chelsea and they are not celebrating like u. on the other hand, van persie needs more money for what he did to chelsea so why is everybody fighting him at arsenal?
the slow man like mikel has more medals to show for his slow games than ur fast van persie. you are busy polluting the air while the real club fans and shareholders are busy saying the truths. read this;

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7969483/Usmanov-slams-Arsenal-politics

this is 1025, i over-endorse usmanov and his position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mykali(m): 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
Debosky, how much will you pay to get this stalker off your asss? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu: Everything points to the fact that the Shekpe keeper is the problem

Now Alhaji Drogba has left Chelsea lets see what Torres would blame this time around

undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
Hehehe. . .Mykali bro I'm not too bothered by the latest demented spawn of Chelski. grin

I've been informed by Moderakina that it will be exterminated once the season starts, so let it enjoy another two weeks. tongue

Anyone seen this aspekuliar boy play? Is he any good?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu: Everything points to the fact that the Shekpe keeper is the problem

don't tell me u are still angry with us over the incident of may 19. we are really sorry. just that we were in munich to prove a point. pls bear with us. buyern were not our mean target but it is unfortunate that u were made a victim. we tried even giving out a penalty in extra time when u could not hold on for just 7 minutes. always remember, u have celebrated man u as ur wife in the past so we were encouraged by man u to pay u back with ur own coin and that was what we did.
very soon, i will make public the letter we got from fergie who pleaded with chelsea to pls forget the problems at home front and make sure we dealt with barca and buyern who have punished them in the past. the issue with napoli was as a result of what man city told us. so pls bear with us.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
El Guapo: Oscar will wear the Chelsea number 11 jersey. This morning brings many reports from decent sources that the Cesar Azpilicueta deal will be completed before the Charity Shield game on Sunday, with it being officially announced next week.

Along with that, I’m hearing strong reports that Chelsea and Wigan are close to agreeing an £8 million fee for Victor Moses and this deal will also be completed by next week.-- Al Good
cool cool

how do you get these reports

from your papa bedroom ni? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
debosky: Hehehe. . .Mykali bro I'm not too bothered by the latest demented spawn of Chelski. grin

I've been informed by Moderakina that it will be exterminated once the season starts, so let it enjoy another two weeks. tongue

Hmm...Is this an invitation into the endless d.i.ck measuring contests ya'll got going on in here? cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
debosky: Hehehe. . .Mykali bro I'm not too bothered by the latest demented spawn of Chelski. grin

Viewing this topic: OMO IBO, 1025, azpekuliar(m)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
SMH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
190:

Lol -- Douchebag, U aint a Soccer Pundit Rite? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
azpekuliar:

Hmm...Is this an invitation into the endless d.i.ck measuring contests ya'll got going on in here? cool

Heheheh. . . .I knew I had seen that name somewhere before. Are you the RB Chelski is trying to sign or are you different from the Azpilicueta dude? Names look the same to me. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ibime:

Wetin concern John Terry and "getting the ball back in 10 secs". You want centre-back to leave his position and go and start pressing opponents in their own half?

Getting ball back within 10 secs is chiefly the responsibility of the front four players, but reports you gave us told us shekpe keeper only touched the ball twice. Was he standing hands akimbo all this while waiting for others to fetch the ball within 10 seconds? grin

And who even said that getting ball back within 10 secs is our gameplan? I thought the same confusionists also told us Shekpe keeper can only play on counterattack, and if so, the logical pressing game would be to let the opponents have the ball until they step into our half, creating opportunity for SWITCHBACK!!!! angry

Infact, I dont want our players pressing high at all as long as Mikel and JT are still there to be brutally exposed on counterattack.

STFU dude! What is your problem? Must you quote every post of mine. I hadn't even made a statement about who to press.
A Chelsea fan asked a question which I responded to and you here spilling garbage. What's all the long post about?

I never asked for system of pressing in 10secs, never spoken a single word about how we should play and voila your are here yarning dust.
I made maybe 5 comments through the game, now you think "my reports told you Torres touched the ball twice". Where in my posts did you see that?
Jeeez!

------------
Ibime:

If you like buy Pele and Garrincha.

Same guy told us we have little chance until Hulk joins and such.

One wonders whether Hazard, Mata, Oscar and shekpe-keeper are not sufficiently skilled to do the job.

If Mata, Hazard and Oscar are geniuses, then shekpe-keeper must be the one that will be holding everybody back.

It does not matter who Chelsea sign. Any attempt to play a style of footie that leaves opponents space to counter with Mikel and Terry covering those counterattacks is a LABOUR IN VAIN. . . soon to lead to loss of confidence in any system we implement when they see Shane Long streaking away to score on the counterattack after dominating possession from start to finish. tiki-taka style of play will peter out like with Scolari, Ancelotti and AVB without strong niggas to cover counterattacks.

Firstly, I am struggling to see the relevance of this post!
Secondly, cooking up lies to make a point? Desperation!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
debosky:

Endorse the message based on what?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
wow! wow!! wow!!! did anyone watch my oscar as brazil dismantled korea? the boy is good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
nateevs:
Endorse the message based on what?

Relax mate. . . just some pre-season chain yanking. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
debosky:

Relax mate. . . just some pre-season chain yanking. grin

Nateevs obviously hasnt got laid in eons.

I suggest you enter the place with 1025
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
^^

DK stop am oh. . . .I hear nateevs is notorious in West London for his exploits. He always has at least 2 Chelski chicks on each arm when walking down Fulham Road - I heard this from the stewards at Stamford Bridge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
^^ Greatness I must Say wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 6:31am On Aug 08, 2012
190:

When last did you browse through www.chelseafc.com undecided undecided undecided

Go there lad,u will get ur answer there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2012
^^ Lol - Pay no attention to 190 bro, the dude aint a goød friend of SeriousnesS! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2012
nateevs:

STFU dude! What is your problem? Must you quote every post of mine. I hadn't even made a statement about who to press.
A Chelsea fan asked a question which I responded to and you here spilling garbage. What's all the long post about?

I never asked for system of pressing in 10secs, never spoken a single word about how we should play and voila your are here yarning dust.
I made maybe 5 comments through the game, now you think "my reports told you Torres touched the ball twice". Where in my posts did you see that?
Jeeez!

Cool it ninja!!! grin grin grin

I thought you were bringing your usual plethora of complaints that you always brought during AVB era about pressing and bla bla bla!

Take a toke and marinate! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2012
El Guapo: ^^ Lol - Pay no attention to 190 bro, the dude aint a goød friend of SeriousnesS! grin

shut up undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 08, 2012
190: shut up undecided

Bubba letz not derail tis lovely thread -- We're not in our Zone, that ya know! wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
Ibime:

Cool it ninja!!! grin grin grin

I thought you were bringing your usual plethora of complaints that you always brought during AVB era about pressing and bla bla bla!

Take a toke and marinate! cool

grin grin. .Me thinks I was under attack.
Had to slip into the gunship in a hurry.

No need to worry. I will only be on the sidelines this season. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 09, 2012
^^ Giving the Dinky Lads Like Us the Chance to Do some Step-Overs Ryt? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
Saw This On a Chelsea Blog and felt like Sharing it with All In here. cool

Food for thought this season

While the experience of witnessing Didier Drogba fittingly end his time as a blue by finally ending our quest for the illusive Champions League title was a moment that I’m sure only occassions such as weddings and births of children could come close to (unlikely), there was an undoubtable feeling that this was the beginning of something fresh at Chelsea. A new dawn. A focal moment of transition from one era to another. All the pain and misery of failing near the final hurdle being put to rest at last, just as it felt as though the John Terry’s and Frank Lampard’s of our team would never get their hands on one. But how do we go one step better?

I am not going to lie. There is no way we should of won our first Champions League last season. That squad wasn’t meant to pull off a feat like that, particularly as beating Brmingham in the FA Cup was proving to be a hard ask. Team spirit, mental strength and desire carried us through to two unexpected trophies. Though we can not escape the fact that our league form, given the expectations we hold at Chelsea, was an embarrassment. The investment Roman Abramovich puts into the club deserves a far better return than 6th, and even Roberto Di Matteo could not turn around our flailing fortunes in that respect. There is some way to go for us to achieve what the owner demands, so here are some pointers and lessons from last season which I feel can help us reach that mark:

Lesson 1: Statement of intent

From watching last season’s opening game at Stoke, which ended goalless, and from the first home game against West Brom, you couldn’t help but feel the lack of optimism. Who was saying: “I think Chelsea can challenge United and City this year?” Not many. With the position we find ourselves in, we should be aiming for league titles every season. According to many people, Andre Villas Boas’ needed to be given time to bring about a time of transition that we were going through. But all I could think was: “What transition?” The only players who left us permanantly last summer was Yury Zhirkov, hardly a first team rehualr in the first place, while the only signings who made a genuine difference to our fortunes were Juan Mata and Gary Cahill after signing in January. Hardly transition. I couldn’t help but groan over the same old approach to going forward, and the same one-paced movement. It was the same lack of pace visible that I believe lead to Ancelotti’s sacking.

However, this year feels different. From what I’ve seen of Eden Hazard and Oscar, they both seem comfortable on the ball and can make things happen. Marko Marin brings that element of pace needed, and while it was obviously upsetting to see Drogba exit the club, there was an underlying thought that given his age and lack of consistency it was the right time. It’s also fair to say I haven’t lost a lot of sleep over letting Kalou and Bosingwa go. There is a general idea that we will have more fizz about us in the final third, combined with the solidity of the more experinced players and excitement of youngsters coming through. People are taking notice of us again, and while we may not yet be in a position to win the title yet, we certainly have more tools to challenge for it than last year.

Lesson 2: Turn up for the big games

This is obviously excluding our heroic Champions League performances from last season, but again focusing on the domestic front. Against the five teams that finished above us last season, we won two games out of ten, those coming in the 3-0 victory at Newcastle and 2-1 home win against Manchester City. Not good enough I’m afraid. Perhaps the top teams found it easy to work us out, or our usual resilience wasn’t there. The 3-1 loss away to Man United and 3-5 defeat against Arsenal were both examples of a cringeworthingly bad defence, exposing AVB’s naivety. The loss of a 3-0 lead at home to United without doubut should not happen at the highest level.When the fight was on for fourth, our defeats at City and at home to Newcastle came about due to negativity and lack of spark.

Mourinho and Ancelotti formed title winning teams on the back of tactical awareness against the toughest of oppsition, and in our championship winning seasons our results in those games were on the most part positive. Di Matteo showed against Barcelona and Bayern Munich that he possesses this, particularly when pullimg off masterstrokes like selecting Ramires on the left wing at home to Barca to exloit Daniel Alves’ weaknesses and Ryan Bertrand in the same position against Bayern as a defensive option. With morale being as it is at the moment, I expect these results to improve next season.

Lesson 3: Know what to do with the youngsters

Mceachran, Romeu, Bertrand, Courtois, Piazon. There is a conveyor belt of young talent ready to ease into the side over the next few years. But so often we loan them out time after time before moving them on. Mceachran’s loan move to Swansea did not pay off, so I would like to see us sell a few midfielders to give him and Romeu chances. They both have technical ability, and can both tackle and pass the ball well. We need to make it clear to players like this how we see their role at the club. Romelu Lukaku complained about his lack of opportunities last season, and questioned whether we were jsut throwing money around. While I personally do not see anything anywhere near £18 million worth of talent, why was he lead to believe other wise? If these players could just be told whether they are good enough or not, or need to go out on loan from the start, this will make their competetive edge stronger. We need to decide once and for all if we are going to continue to spend money, or finally give young players chances to prove themselves, rather than leave them to waste in the reserves before selling them.

Lesson 4: Manage the players

Seems simple, but AVB was the example of how this can go so wrong. I have never believed that his time as manager went pear-shaped because he didn’t respect the senior players or tried to bring about change too quickly. He was just too inexperienced for the role. His treatment of Alex and Anelka bordered on being pathetic, and I think that was the moment the dressing room was lost. A more experienced boss may have just respected that they had handed in transfer requests and moved them on without fuss. It can’t have been easy for the likes of Terry to see his team-mates who he looked after being treated like that. Things like that and the needless rant at Gary Neville for making a fair point about David Luiz’s inefficiencies last season brought about anxiety and a lack of cohesion. Put basically, treat them like adults and don’t be so paranoid is the lesson.

Di Matteo made sure last season that he didn’t alienate anoyone last season, thus giving the likes of Kalou and Ferreira more game time. The players clearly responded to his management style, and keeping things calm and disciplined will be the way forward.

Overall, the mood around the club seems more healthy than this time a year ago, but if these points are addressed and we don’t stand still, this could be another memorable season. Pre-season may not have gone perfectly, but a good result at Wigan on August 18th can put that to bed. Here’s to another heart-wrenching but exhilarating season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
I can see 9 manutd players there grin grin cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
chelseabmw: I can see 9 manutd players there grin grin cheesy cheesy

na waa 4 u. man u has been practising on how best to win barca and the idea of that game was to see if they are there but it is quite unfortunate that even if u give man u 20 penalties against barca, they won't win.
i have told them to always wear blue whenever they are playing barca as that is the only colour barca is afraid of.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (19450) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SCOOPERJEF(m), Realtord43, BlueAngel444, Kamelot77(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.