Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,083 members, 7,828,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10581342 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7295) (7296) (7297) (7298) (7299) (7300) (7301) ... (19228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 19, 2019
Eruditor:

Arsenal did not make it. Liverpool did. But all 4 teams had < or = 87points.

This year, the league winner had 98points. Despite having 2 UCL finalists. So wining the league was no mean feat.

You are helping me make a strong case. Thanks.
Aren't U people factoring in that during fergie's time all those midtable teams were no pushover.
i for one hated tony pulis's stoke city.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 9:04pm On May 19, 2019
raumdeuter:

At the time Ferguson was dominating who were his rivals? Did he have to deal with a top 6? Did he have to deal with 5 different clubs who are playing top level football?
Half of ferguson's title were won when he was head and shoulder over everyone and only max 1 or 2 teams could challenge him

Guardiola won the league of 38 games ahead of teams who are rich and well managed yet made a point total Ferguson never made in his career

He won the CL twice in his entire 30 something years coaching career, Pep already won 2 in 10yrs of coaching beating Ferguson both times

I understand your point which holds some validity.

But my brother, if Ferguson were still here, he would still be dominating teams.

When Mou came with Abram's money bags, and won the title, Fergie still found a way to challenge and get past him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 19, 2019
raumdeuter:

Salah broke the EPL record did what no player has ever done in the league. And I said he is in the argument for best African

This year he repeated it topped the league twice in a row, Showing it wasnt a fluke and has finally proven that he is the best

patrickmuf:
So, if we take into consideration your argument, shouldn't we rate the EPL are the best now considering the unprecedented performance of EPL teams in Europe?

raumdeuter:

Let them repeat it multiple times like Salah repeated his this season, and Spain repeated theirs

So this means the EPL is in argument for the best league in Europe

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 9:06pm On May 19, 2019
Neymar1095:

Yen yen yen
All respect to Sir Alex Ferguson but What he wasn't able to do in 25 years of coaching Man United.

Guardiola did it in 3 years.
Win local treble? Nonsense. I'd rather be a Liverpool or a Tottenham and win the CL than local sweets.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 19, 2019
Somebody educate me..

How do this contract stuff works? undecided

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:08pm On May 19, 2019
krattoss:
Somebody educate me..

17m a year. Sweet money.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 19, 2019
larride:

17m a year. Sweet money.
how can someone not kick a ball and still get payed? undecided

Are there no clauses that bridges such contracts?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2019
patrickmuf:
Dayo has managed to shift the goal post. He is noelw accusing folks of daring Pep to come and prove himself in England but same Dayo claimed the EPL was a local league and that the UCL is the Holy grail, in a couple of years, Klopp or any other coach will win the league and FA cup and Pep will win the UCL, then Dayo will be back with his gospel that the UCL is all and all...
If you like shout from now till tomorrow, IL whoever wins the UCL between Klopp or Poch has had a better season than Pep...

Even If Poch doesn’t win the UCL he’s had a better season than Pep, given the degree of difficulty of his task.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:14pm On May 19, 2019
Eruditor:

Arsenal did not make it. Liverpool did. But all 4 teams had < or = 87points.

This year, the league winner had 98points. Despite having 2 UCL finalists. So wining the league was no mean feat.

You are helping me make a strong case. Thanks.
The points total isn't what matters but the difference between the points of each team. 07/08 falls during the era of dominance of the big four and not one season goes with 3 out of the 4 going toe to toe for the title.

Man United - 87
Chelsea - 85
Arsenal - 83
Liverpool - 76

This season
Man city - 98
Liverpool -97
Chelsea - 72
Tottenham -71

The league was certainly more competitive then than this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2019
This is Zidane letting Real Madrid to know if they are not ready to get him the players he actually want he is leaving. Same thing Pep is enjoying at man city and someone is calling him genius.

https://www.nairaland.com/5196404/zidane-threatens-leave-real-madrid

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:16pm On May 19, 2019
krattoss:
Somebody educate me..

Lol Bale sef Don ready to change am for anybody. But Wetin him do Zidane sef?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:26pm On May 19, 2019
raumdeuter:

This is to show you that I know what I am saying

again

did you declare salah the best african player after just a season or not

simple YES or NO

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 9:28pm On May 19, 2019
Teacher Raumdeuter you claimed Pep won sextuple in 2011 but records say otherwise

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:32pm On May 19, 2019
larride:

You are a joker Elruditor.

So Pep was able to beat Spurs in the league home and away and the same Spurs dump Pep out of the UCL?

If Pep beat Spurs home and away in the league, what stop him from beating them in the UCL also and be among one of the finalist?

Fergie was not just winning the league, he was beating the EPL team he faced in the UCL also. It’s not that the EPL was weaker, it was because Fergie was BETTER which can’t be said about Pep.

So apart from reasoning deficiencies, you don't understand English as well?

Fergie did not have Pep's points total.
Fergie did not beat Pep head to head. So forget this Pep vs Fergie argument. There is sufficient evidence against Fergie.

Now go back to what Raumdeuter said. That Pep got his total points in a harder EPL league with tougher opponents than what Fergie faced.

If Pep got eliminated by Tottenham. That can happen even during a penalty shootout. It does not matter. It shows Tottenham are good. After all, they also beat Ajax at their ground.

Liverpool beat Barcelona and had 97pts. So they are also very solid.

There is no team that Fergie faced that was that good. Let alone 3 others.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 9:32pm On May 19, 2019
Leyqute:

Even If Poch doesn’t win the UCL he’s had a better season than Pep, given the degree of difficulty of his task.

So if Poch ends trophyless, he's had a better season than Pep with 3 trophies?

Are you kidding me? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:32pm On May 19, 2019
hensben:
This is Zidane letting Real Madrid to know if they are not ready to get him the players he actually want he is leaving. Same thing Pep is enjoying at man city and someone is calling him genius.

https://www.nairaland.com/5196404/zidane-threatens-leave-real-madrid

I call Fraudiola the 'point and kill' manager. The kind of privilege he has, Conte would have sent him out of epl by now, if the Italian enjoyed such at Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:48pm On May 19, 2019
Eruditor:

So apart from reasoning deficiencies, you don't understand English as well?

Fergie did not have Pep's points total.
Fergie did not beat Pep head to head. So forget this Pep vs Fergie argument. There is sufficient evidence against Fergie.

Now go back to what Raumdeuter said. That Pep got his total points in a harder EPL league with tougher opponents than what Fergie faced.

If Pep got eliminated by Tottenham. That can happen even during a penalty shootout. It does not matter. It shows Tottenham are good. After all, they also beat Ajax at their ground.

Liverpool beat Barcelona and had 97pts. So they are also very solid.

There is no team that Fergie faced that was that good. Let alone 3 others.

It seems you are high. I keep telling you that it’s not everything Dayo says that you have to agree with and try to squeeze yourself into the argument. You won’t be sounding this stüpid if you had not jump into an argument to defend your mentor.

This season can not be said to be the toughest season in the EPL when we have a season that the league was decided on goals difference.

In the CL which you and Dayo want to us to judge this season tougher than 2007/2008 season, this is how the table ended

Man Utd - 89pts
Chelsea - 85pts
Arsenal - 83pts
Liverpool - 76pts

This season that just ended, this is how the table ended

Man City - 98pts
Liverpool - 97pts
Chelsea - 72pts
Spurs - 71pts

The difference between 1st and 3rd in 2007/2008 season is 6pts while the difference between the 1st and 3rd this just concluded season is 26pts.

Don’t forget that 1st, 2nd and 4th got to the semi final of the UCL in 2007/2008 while 1st and 2nd got to the final.

Why can’t Pep emulate Fergie and get to the final now that we are having all English final?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:50pm On May 19, 2019
larride:

Pep beat Liverpool in the UCL?

We are talking about how Pep conquered English football or when did CL become English football

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:52pm On May 19, 2019
Amoto94:
Teacher Raumdeuter you claimed Pep won sextuple in 2011 but records say otherwise

WHo told you Pep won sextuple in 2011?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:54pm On May 19, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
again

did you declare salah the best african player after just a season or not

simple YES or NO

After a season I told you Salah was in conversation for best African in EPL d
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:10pm On May 19, 2019
raumdeuter:

2 years later barcelona won again to show it was no fluke
Unlike chelsea or inter
Here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:10pm On May 19, 2019
raumdeuter:

We are talking about how Pep conquered English football or when did CL become English football

By winning the league back to back?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:10pm On May 19, 2019
pamcode:
The points total isn't what matters but the difference between the points of each team. 07/08 falls during the era of dominance of the big four and not one season goes with 3 out of the 4 going toe to toe for the title.

Man United - 87
Chelsea - 85
Arsenal - 83
Liverpool - 76

This season
Man city - 98
Liverpool -97
Chelsea - 72
Tottenham -71

The league was certainly more competitive then than this season.

Are you people high or can you read?

How can points total not matter when we are discussing the achievement of Pep winning the league?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MercylessMercy: 10:16pm On May 19, 2019
Has pep ever set up a tactics to beast the ucl semi final at city?

If no then He is a local champion in England EOD
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 10:27pm On May 19, 2019
raumdeuter:

Yes my son, why are you calling me?

like you knew you are the reason for that exclamation
(face-palm)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:31pm On May 19, 2019
larride:

It seems you are high. I keep telling you that it’s not everything Dayo says that you have to agree with and try to squeeze yourself into the argument. You won’t be sounding this stüpid if you had not jump into an argument to defend your mentor.

This season can not be said to be the toughest season in the EPL when we have a season that the league was decided on goals difference.

In the CL which you and Dayo want to us to judge this season tougher than 2007/2008 season, this is how the table ended

Man Utd - 89pts
Chelsea - 85pts
Arsenal - 83pts
Liverpool - 76pts

This season that just ended, this is how the table ended

Man City - 98pts
Liverpool - 97pts
Chelsea - 72pts
Spurs - 71pts

The difference between 1st and 3rd in 2007/2008 season is 6pts while the difference between the 1st and 3rd this just concluded season is 26pts.

Don’t forget that 1st, 2nd and 4th got to the semi final of the UCL in 2007/2008 while 1st and 2nd got to the final.

Why can’t Pep emulate Fergie and get to the final now that we are having all English final?

I actually mused on it but I can confirm you are daft. When Fergie won the treble he had 79pts to AFC's 78. Yet nobody has ever called it the toughest most exciting season because it was basically 2 one-eyed men being better than the other blind men.

The season 2 teams got 89pts and were separated by goal difference nobody ever said was ahead of this one. Why?because those teams did not have record performances. These 2 teams had 98 and 97pts and would have won the league in every other season.

To add to that CFC, Arsenal and Tottenham have made finals. So what does points total have to do with anything?

I don't know why reasoning is hard for some of you.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:50pm On May 19, 2019
Debroslink:

So if Poch ends trophyless, he's had a better season than Pep with 3 trophies?

Are you kidding me? shocked

The UCL is the pinnacle of club football. Pep would exchange his 98-point EPL trophy for a UCL medal in a heartbeat.

In the UCL Tottenham progressed from a more difficult group and faced tougher oppositions in the knockout stages than City.

Considering the fact that Pochettino didn’t get the financial backing Pep has had for the past 2-3 years, you’d agree he makes a good case for himself.

City winning the three domestic trophies is expected, what with the depth and quality of his squad- the media expected him to sweep all four available trophies. If he doesn’t win at least 2 of the 4 serious questions will be asked. On the other hand, Tottenham was never expected by anyone to be in the UCL finals. A top-4 finish was the only ambition, with the situation they were in.

Diego Simeone winning La Liga with Atletico is a bigger feat than Valverde winning it with Barcelona.

It’s nuanced. Hope you catch the drift.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:51pm On May 19, 2019
Eruditor:

I actually mused on it but I can confirm you are daft. When Fergie won the treble he had 79pts to AFC's 78. Yet nobody has ever called it the toughest most exciting season because it was basically 2 one-eyed men being better than the other blind men.

The season 2 teams got 89pts and were separated by goal difference nobody ever said was ahead of this one. Why?because those teams did not have record performances. These 2 teams had 98 and 97pts and would have won the league in every other season.

To add to that CFC, Arsenal and Tottenham have made finals. So what does points total have to do with anything?

You must be Ode.

You and who is saying this season league triumph is the toughest in the history of the league? That argument must be with your alter ego or in your dreams.

I don’t know how to explain this to you that you will understand because it seems your brain is in hibernation.

What’s the guarantee that both City and Liverpool will make 97/98 pts every other season? City made 100 pts last season, why didn’t they make 100 pts again this season? Or you think everything is static like your brain?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:09pm On May 19, 2019
larride:

Or you think everything is static like your brain?

shocked

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:24pm On May 19, 2019
Eruditor:

Reasoning isn't hard for them I must tell you.They just chose to be intentionally biased. For everything they criticised pep for their darling coaches are more guilty of it and for everything and whatever reason they adore their beloveth coaches pep guardiola has more albeit better. So that should easily tells you they are only hating for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 11:29pm On May 19, 2019
raumdeuter:

After a season I told you Salah was in conversation for best African in EPL d
so. NO

you deny ever saying salah is the best african player in epl?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:32pm On May 19, 2019
raumdeuter:

When has Fergsuon won the CL against 2 CL finalists? Like Guardiola is doing this season

They will give him special Premier league trophy for winning EPL during season when 2 EPL teams made UCL final. Anumanu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7295) (7296) (7297) (7298) (7299) (7300) (7301) ... (19228) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Whizlight(m), Agadinaagwuofe and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.