Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,387 members, 7,850,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10688847 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7321) (7322) (7323) (7324) (7325) (7326) (7327) ... (19350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 9:57am On May 29, 2019
Leyqute:
SkimpleD Ibime what's happening here?

https://mobile.twitter.com/chelseachaps/status/1133434167520354304

Match never start oga don dey vex
I learnt it's something that has to do with cameras. The press wanted cameras during the whole training and he didn't want that because he wanted to train his boys for set piece.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:34am On May 29, 2019
SkimpleD:

Uselessly useless mofos undecided

Sarri should just love his life and win tonight’s match undecided

LooL. I would love some drama this evening. Expecting Sarri to break something cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2019
BikeMan:
I learnt it's something that has to do with cameras. The press wanted cameras during the whole training and he didn't want that because he wanted to train his boys for set piece.

I believe that because Higuain-Luiz issue was a minor issue. Higuain was even begging Luiz.

Set-piece routines should not be captured on camera so I equally believe that's why Sarri was pissed.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2019
nihilistjnr:

It's a bit more than that sha, though yes the europeans did have the weapons and tactics

Idris Alooma in 1500s Bornu was running around with musketeers on armored horses.

Divide and conquer was one of the biggest factors. Same thing happening in those days happens today. Niggas just dont like Niggas.
How many of Alooma's people were trained with those muskets and how to use it compared to the Europeans who had been using gunpowder for decades and fighting wars with it?

Even with superior numbers over the invaders, the colonies would have still been outmatched and outgunned.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:41am On May 29, 2019
BikeMan:

Kicking his cap 25km away in a fit of anger won’t take the cameras away. Your Oga, at his age and marital status, should know that tantrums don’t work with news crews and paparazzi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:44am On May 29, 2019
Ibime:

Sharrap!

See excuse for playing nonsense.

So Boateng left football to focus on Obioma work?

Obioma Boateng, Tailor in Paris

Ghanaian people sabi do tailoring wella in the early 90s. Boathand not forgetting his source, is something Raumdeuter is proud of. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2019
afrodoc2:

In that era it was all about active cross-pollination of ideas.
The numerals Europeans used for calculations and their mathematical advances came from India by way of the Arabs.
Gunpowder came from China. A lot of advances in mathematics, engineering, naval warfare etc were borrowed by the Europeans and in some cases improved upon.
The Silk Road and the massive human migrations between those 2 continents aided growth and development in a way that was not possible in Africa.

gensteejay:

Check out musicwriter's (a nairalander) answer to your question here: http://www.africason.com/2017/09/why-europeans-were-able-to-conquer.html?m=1

this link actually make sense

it says "Unfortunately for us, they made huge technological advancement in the process of building war machines to kill themselves. Africa was mostly peaceful at the time Europeans were building those weapons, therefore, we had no need inventing such"

come to think of it most of the advanced technology ever built are either because of war or after war to protect themselves. the radio, nuclear technology, telephone etc...

The first question is, after everything what exactly does Africa have to do to advance technologically?
because now the middle class who are suppose to build the nation are leaving in bulk which leaves the country in the hand of intellectually disabled people. take for example i noticed most guys on this thread are scattered across the globe

the second question- is democracy really for us?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2019
Singapore1:

since we all started with the same equipment ( brain ) doesn't make sense to now be ahead of us over time. Also given the fact that in the early days black population is much more than the whites, i really need to know the exact tactics they used in the very beginning.

when the whites were busy making weapon what were the blacks doing ?
It's not the whites per say. It's the Europeans. E no get where those fuckers no colonise reach. And they had the means to do it because they were ahead of everyone.

Even if u rewind back a few centuries to the days of Ancient Rome, The Roman Empire expanded its borders from Italy to far Britain to North Africa to Asia.
If they had deep sea exploration, they would ve probably invaded The Americas too.
But constant barbarian invasions and the constant murdering and assassinations of their Emperors and leaders like Aurelian and Caesar and constant civil wars led to the crumble of the Empire.

So even if we all had the same brain sef, their own brain pass our own. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2019
Singapore1:

i believe Africa is geographically closer to Europe than america and Africa should have benefited from that proximity so saying Africa is isolated is still somehow unacceptable, maybe it has a lot to do with our beliefs and culture, believing the gods will do everything for us. before the arrival of Christianity and Islam we are more of a cultural people than technological driven one, maybe while we were busy worshiping the african gods they were busy building ships to explore us

infact i was reading a book where it says civilization started from africa and asia

on a second thought if you at Asia they used to be more religious and that didn't stop them from advancing technologically, it didn't stop them from innovating
does it have to do with biology?

Lol. Good point. Africans too dey religious.

Shey u saw that video recently about SS2 and SS3 students that brought weapons to school? The person who made the video, instead of saving herself was busy shouting blood of Jesus.

Now look at the Japanese for example. The were invaded by Western powers but instead of praying to their buddha to save them, adopted their technological advancements and became a power of their own. Fast forward to WW2 after Americans dropped bombs on Japan, Japan surrendered and was occupied but developed their own nuclear power to never be at the mercy of anyone again.

But if na Nigeria and they dropped bombs on our heads, na so so Jeeeeeezzzzzzuuusss people go dey shout.

Most Nigerians and mostly Africans prefer to pray than to act.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:21pm On May 29, 2019
Lana1:
How many of Alooma's people were trained with those muskets and how to use it compared to the Europeans who had been using gunpowder for decades and fighting wars with it?

Even with superior numbers over the invaders, the colonies would have still been outmatched and outgunned.

Alooma's boys were being trained in Turkey.

Forget, man was rolling deep with shooters on par with Europe at the time.

If it's guns, we've been had guns for time. Even those fenibeso boys in the creeks were mounting full cannons on their palm tree canoes as far back as 1700s. See below

Divide and conquer played a huge part in the colonisation strategy. It's one of the reasons why the brits largely avoided legnthy campaigns in the north against the huge established empires there

But came to mop up in Yoruba land where the owner of the 1st house on every street claims Baale

Igbo people no get kingdom or empire, quick win village by village, until Okonkwo vexed and clapped back before exiting the stage

Same in Niger delta, took out jaja and other niggas.

A classic example of what I'm talking about is the 1851 bombardment of Lagos by the British.

2 niggas were tussling for oba of Lagos. The nigga that lost went to snitch to the brits that the other nigga was still selling slaves, and promised to stop if he became king.

The brits came and parked their boats at CMS area and started shooting for 3 days straight. Even at that, the oba of Lagos had like 5000 shooters and was holding his side, until the Brits were forced to call for reinforcements before they reduced the entire isale-eko to rubble and ash

Niggas don't like niggas, that's a core pillar of the nigga identity. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:53pm On May 29, 2019
What is wrong with all this people jumping into premature conclusion? So only player power can make a coach throw his cap furiously on the ground?What if he is angry that another of his player has just sustained an injury, or the condition of the pitch was distrupting his training or a personal issue with one of his players.why don't you all take your time to find out really went wrong before coming here with your stupid prejudice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 1:19pm On May 29, 2019
Seems like Chelsea fans aren't that interested in the Europa League final unlike Arsenal fans.

Well, we've won both the Europa League and Champions League trophies before, unlike Arsenal who are desperate to win the Europa and also qualify for Champions League.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2019
Hazard is gone

Thank you Jesus

Finally every time, I want madrid, I want madrid, oya go to the sinking ship

Madrid without Ronaldo is useless, that's how they were B4 him and how they will be forever after him

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2019
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:06pm On May 29, 2019
VargasVee:

The useless John Terry is a club legend who played till he was almost 37

Unlike your Boathand who is 7 years younger, has been ordered to go and face his OKIRIKA business.

Hoeness had to use "new challenge" to convince clubs to at least pay a transfer fee

A club legend who leeched off the good work of others, when he was needed he disappointed, threw away a CL trophy in Moscow and got a red card in 2012 to miss the final

Boateng by 25 won all Terry can never win in his career. EVerything Terry prayed to win in his career, Boateng achieved by 25.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:07pm On May 29, 2019
hensben:
Thats not true. Real Madrid have been approaching Hazard’s father behind closed door. Hazard love Chelsea but his dream is to play for Real Madrid as well, hence his interview about them. Common sense.

Why will Madrid be approaching a player they want behind closed doors, they approached Ronaldo, Bale etc in front of open doors

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:13pm On May 29, 2019
BikeMan:
That means he would soon for either Liverpool or Spurs right?

He is probably waiting for the winner on June 1 so he can send his famous tweet of joining the CL winner

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 2:14pm On May 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

He is probably waiting for the winner on June 1 so he can send his famous tweet of joining the CL winner

Smh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:21pm On May 29, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Smh

I see say you dey spam my mentions even on threads not in this section when I descend on you now, you will start crying and begging like Hidden Shakushaku all over the place

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 2:26pm On May 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

I see say you dey spam my mentions even on threads not in this section when I descend on you now, you will start crying and begging like Hidden Shakushaku all over the place

Copa America wan start, ur guy is faking another injury cos he has been stripped of the Captain band.....na so so injury since he left Messi

E pain am grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:28pm On May 29, 2019
Lana1:
Lol. Good point. Africans too dey religious.

Shey u saw that video recently about SS2 and SS3 students that brought weapons to school? The person who made the video, instead of saving herself was busy shouting blood of Jesus.

Now look at the Japanese for example. The were invaded by Western powers but instead of praying to their buddha to save them, adopted their technological advancements and became a power of their own. Fast forward to WW2 after Americans dropped bombs on Japan, Japan surrendered and was occupied but developed their own nuclear power to never be at the mercy of anyone again.

But if na Nigeria and they dropped bombs on our heads, na so so Jeeeeeezzzzzzuuusss people go dey shout.

Most Nigerians and mostly Africans prefer to pray than to act.
you are making it look as if praying is bad.
The problem is that they don't know who they are praying to and they don't know how to pray.

When you pray, pray with faith and do the work that should always accompany faith. Faith without work is useless.

The israelite used to pray
Sometimes God will fight for them himself, sometimes he will give them technological ideas to build great weapons

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by VargasVee(m): 2:29pm On May 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

A club legend who leeched off the good work of others, when he was needed he disappointed, threw away a CL trophy in Moscow and got a red card in 2012 to miss the final

Boateng by 25 won all Terry can never win in his career. EVerything Terry prayed to win in his career, Boateng achieved by 25.

To be a leech for over 18 years at a club takes more than luck, it takes talent.

It takes a great leech to be

Top scoring defender in the PL

PFA player of the year

Captain of club side and National side

Lead a defence that conceeded a meagre 15 goals in a season

Boathand could not leech for more than a few years. How could we have ignored Messi telling us Boathand is a BEND DOWN SELECT talent?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:49pm On May 29, 2019
sod09:
agbero club grin
I actually find his style and tactics very good,he's the first Italian with tikitaka style of play compare to Italy defensive game.
He will stroll through the league in Italy but will struggle in Europe because juve players are not that flexible or technical enough to tap around

Is Ancelotti kind of game defensive?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 3:26pm On May 29, 2019
Greatihex:
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/he-hasnt-been-in-the-final-for-a-while-klopp-hits-back-at/1i6zyjgqkavpn165p9qcav3u0j
Klopp is mad gan cheesy cheesy

So, all of a sudden the EPL is now more important than the UCL! KekeNaPep grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 3:27pm On May 29, 2019
Ibime:

I believe that because Higuain-Luiz issue was a minor issue. Higuain was even begging Luiz.

Set-piece routines should not be captured on camera so I equally believe that's why Sarri was pissed.
I got the story here sha

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/29/europa-league-final-real-reason-sarri-stormed-chelsea-training/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 3:28pm On May 29, 2019
popizaino:

Is Ancelotti kind of game defensive?
no it's attacking undecided
Diamond formation is what
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 3:29pm On May 29, 2019
wman:
Seems like Chelsea fans aren't that interested in the Europa League final unlike Arsenal fans.

Well, we've won both the Europa League and Champions League trophies before, unlike Arsenal who are desperate to win the Europa and also qualify for Champions League.
use that one to console yourself,I hope you are happy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 3:30pm On May 29, 2019
Leyqute:

Kicking his cap 25km away in a fit of anger won’t take the cameras away. Your Oga, at his age and marital status, should know that tantrums don’t work with news crews and paparazzi.
Yeah! You should know I don't like Sarri so I agree with you grin I don't understand why he walks away everytime he's frustrated. But then we all handle stress differently.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 3:40pm On May 29, 2019
gensteejay:

Check out musicwriter's (a nairalander) answer to your question here: http://www.africason.com/2017/09/why-europeans-were-able-to-conquer.html?m=1

Nice write up. But the writer is obviously biased and passes as someone with a deep hatred for Europeans.

He acts as if there was no war or strife in Africa before contact with the Europeans:

Una no vex for this epistle o cheesy
1. It is not only the Europeans that knew how to kill. Savagery and killing is an innate characteristic of every man. Not just Europeans. In Ancient Egypt, with all their wealth and power, they constantly made incursions into the middle east killing Arabs along the way. To compare with torture devices invented in Europe, Egyptians often mummified(cut off their tongues and bury them alive) their enemies.

2. Even though, we can blame the way Africa turned out to colonisation, Africans still carry most of the blame. Africans will always be the problem of Africa not the Europeans. In the days of ancient Rome, Numidia(present day Algeria) constantly fought and invaded Carthage(present day Tunisia) till Rome sided with Numidia in the Punic Wars and they both wiped out the Carthaginians while Rome themselves colonised and became Numidia's overlords.
Which is why i agree with Nihilist. There's powerful niggatry at work in Africa which is why niggas will always be the problem of niggas.
At the heart of every colonisation has been some few indigenous people who assisted the invaders in taking over.

3. Even after colonisation, why didn't Africa develop to rival these European powers? Take the American revolution for example. The colonies united and fought to push the British out of their lands to gain their independence. Washington who had the power and made all that happen, resigned from power after the war and went back to his farm from whence he came. As a result, all the American colonies united to form the United States and the country progressed to become an even bigger superpower than Britain that colonised them.
But in Africa, we have greedy leaders like Mugabe and Buhari who want to stay in power for as long as possible to widen their pockets while the masses and their countries slip deeper into obscurity.

Don't blame the Europeans for how Africa turned out. Blame Africans.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 3:43pm On May 29, 2019
sod09:
use that one to console yourself,I hope you are happy
But it’s true tongue

Una need am more than us

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 3:45pm On May 29, 2019
Eph12, I see you for corner!

How e dey be you man? cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 3:53pm On May 29, 2019
SkimpleD:

But it’s true tongue

Una need am more than us
yes... doesn't mean when we win you give us excuse

(1) (2) (3) ... (7321) (7322) (7323) (7324) (7325) (7326) (7327) ... (19350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Whizlight(m), timbros(m), 100smile(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.