Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10507900 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
raumdeuter:

This same set up couldnt qualify from their group in World cup 2002 vs USA, Korea etc, Didn't even qualify for 1998 world cup

Reigning Champions France didn't score a single goal at Korea-Japan despite having 3 highest goal scorers from 3 different leagues in Henry, Cisse, and Trezeguet

4 years later, they were in the Finals...

Your point?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nihilist:

Reigning Champions France didn't score a single goal at Korea-Japan despite having 3 highest goal scorers from 3 different leagues in Henry, Cisse, and Trezeguet

4 years later, they were in the Finals...

Your point?

My point, Portugal has never been good at the world cup even their golden generation were world cup flops.

France played 2 world cup finals over 3 tournaments and can never be compared to a Portugal team whose golden generation were an embarassment at the world cup

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2015
raumdeuter:

My point France played 2 world cup finals over 3 tournaments and can never be compared to a Portugal team whose golden generation were an embarassment at the world cup

You weren't comparing Portugal to France when you made that statement, so what was your real point?

That they weren't good?

Anyway, I agree that the Portugal team could have been greater, and that's why I imagine that a player of Ronaldo's calibre might have been the one to take them to the next level.

Afterall, Spain with all their talent now,were once known as the perennial underachievers of Europe before the injection of talent from the Guardiola years...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
The real point is that a team that didnt qualify for 1994 and 1998 world cup and the one they managed to qualify for, they didnt make it out of their 2002 mickey mouse group. instead of calling it their "Golden Generation" they should be called a shitty generation

This "yeye generation" of Portugal (Nani, Pepe, Coentrao, Ronaldo etc) has even achieved more than those "Golden generation"

As a start they have never missed a world cup

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
CFCfan:

David Luiz did well in promoting playstation defending, so he has reaped the reward

grin grin grin grin

raumdeuter:

Explain how Felipe Luis, who is a benchwarmer for his current club and country deserve a spot on the FIFPro team

Dayo you're missing the point here.

This is FIFPro Team 2014 not FIFPro 2015.

Basically, the players on that team made it there by the virtue of what they were able to do in the 2013/14 season and their exploits at the 2014 WC not what they're doing at the moment.

IMO, Luis was the best left-back in the Primera Liga and Europe last season.

I hope you now fully understand why I'm voicing my incredulity at the inclusion of Luiz and Iniesta when they actually had 2014 best performers like Luis, Mascherano, Godin et al to pick from?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
2015 is just 13 days old, 2014 ended 13 days ago, Are yu saying prior to the last 13 days, for the previous 365 days, Felipe Luis was a starter for club and country

Between July 2014 and December 2014 Luis was largely a bench warmer at his club. He has only made 4 league starts in 19 games

At the major National team event in 2014, He wasnt even selected as part of the team

So enlighten me on the "outstanding for country and club respectively last year."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
Filipe Luis should not be in the team regardless of it being for last year's performances. If Ronaldo didn't kick a ball between July 2014 and now, Messi would have won the WPOTY. THat's how to view it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
raumdeuter:
2015 is just 13 days old.

Between July 2014 and December 2014 Luis was largely a bench warmer at his club. He has only made 4 league starts in 19 games

At the major National team event in 2014, He wasnt even selected as part of the team

So enlighten me on the "outstanding for country and club respectively last year."

Place aside whatever it is you're drinking or smoking at the moment, take a deep breathe and allow this to sink in:

''Basically, the players on that team made it there by the virtue of what they were able to do in the 2013/14 season and their exploits at the 2014 WC not what they're doing at the moment.''

Before you start labelling Luis a benchwarmer, I must remind you that he wasn't one in the 2013/14 season.

So if you're looking at judging these players by what they were able to come up with between July 2014 and December 2014, then you're failing woefully.

Di Maria was exceptional for Real Madrid in the 2013/14 season. If we're to judge by what he did between July - December 2014, I'm pretty sure his name wouldn't be on that list.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
nateevs:
Filipe Luis should not be in the team regardless of it being for last year's performances. If Ronaldo didn't kick a ball between July 2014 and now, Messi would have won the WPOTY. THat's how to view it.

So Luiz and Iniesta must make the list cos they ''kicked a ball'' between July 2014 and now?

This is getting interesting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
The award is for what you did in the calendar year january to December 2014

Di Maria was outstanding between January - May for Madrid, He was good in the world cup and one of Argentina (runner up) stand up performer

Before Di Maria's injury in November he was one of the best players in the EPL between August and November raking in 3 goals and 6 assists.

AirborneLacer:

Place aside whatever it is you're drinking or smoking at the moment, take a deep breathe and allow this to sink in:
''Basically, the players on that team made it there by the virtue of what they were able to do in the 2013/14 season and their exploits at the 2014 WC not what they're doing at the moment.''
Before you start labelling Luis a benchwarmer, I must remind you that he wasn't one in the 2013/14 season.
So if you're looking at judging these players by what they were able to come up with between July 2014 and December 2014, then you're failing woefully.
Di Maria was exceptional for Real Madrid in the 2013/14 season. If we're to judge by what he did between July - December 2014, I'm pretty sure his name wouldn't be on that list.

What was Luiz exploit at the world cup can you enlighten us?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
This is UEFA team of the year where is this Felipe Luiz?

http://en.toty.uefa.com/results.html

Or the technical team selection for the 2013/2014 season

Technical team selection
Goalkeepers
Thibaut Courtois (Club Atlético de Madrid)
Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München)

Defenders
Diego Godín (Club Atlético de Madrid)
Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München)
Daniel Carvajal (Real Madrid CF)
Pepe (Real Madrid CF)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid CF)

Midfielders
Gabi (Club Atlético de Madrid)
Andrés Iniesta (FC Barcelona)
Toni Kroos (FC Bayern München)
Ángel Di María (Real Madrid CF)
Luka Modrić (Real Madrid CF)
Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid CF)

Forwards
Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund)
Diego Costa (Club Atlético de Madrid)
Arjen Robben (FC Bayern München)
Zlatan Ibrahimović (Paris Saint Germain FC)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid CF)

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2111959.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
raumdeuter:
The award is for what you did in the calendar year january to December 2014

Di Maria was outstanding between January - May for Madrid, He was good in the world cup and one of Argentina (runner up) stand up performer

Before Di Maria's injury in November he was one of the best players in the EPL between August and November raking in 3 goals and 6 assists.

What was Luiz exploit at the world cup can you enlighten us?

And who told you the award is based on what you did in a calender year?

For real, I knew you were clutching at straws all these while. You don't even have an evidence to prove that it's a damn calender year thing.

Check this out man and stop feeding me half-baked lectures on ish I know very well.

www.fifpro.org/en/news/cristiano-ronaldo-launches-the-world-xi-vote

Excerpts from the link above:

Ronaldo explains how he produced his World XI: "There are many criteria. They are what a player has done in the past season, the title he has won at both the collective level and the individual level, and the start of the season too. It is about the players who are more consistent and who demonstrate a high level all through the year and also have obtained the most important titles, which in my opinion were the Champions League and the World Championship. I think those are the criteria that should count the most."

So if you're still looking at using the calendar year's performances as your sole criterion, you're failing in a grand way. A player's last season's performances counts greatly.

Ronaldo just told you that.

I asserted that Mascherano was outstanding at the WC not Luis, the latter was only oustanding at the club level.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
It is based on a calender year! Cr7 won it last year because of his heroics against Sweden, and that was in November!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
homesteady:
It is based on a calender year! Cr7 won it last year because of his heroics against Sweden, and that was in November!

Sepp Blatter is that you?

We never knew you were on NL!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 12:12am On Jan 13, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Sepp Blatter is that you?

We never knew you were on NL!

Yes Platini, it's me Blatter undecided
Your Euro best player is for a season, while my balon d'or is for a calender year!

During the event, it was said many times that its for the best player in a calender year!

The FIFA Ballon d'Or (French pronunciation: ​
[balɔ̃ dɔʁ] , "Golden Ball"wink is an annual
association football award given by FIFA to
the male player considered to have performed
the best in the previous calendar year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:32am On Jan 13, 2015
Ibime:

Leave Shaqiri matter. If we want a muscular ninja that can dribble but lacks intelligence, we would recall Moses.

BTW, other Bayern youths are ahead of him, not just Robben and Ribery. Those two ninjas are so injury prone anyway, one would expect Shaqira to make a strong impression cos he must have had many chances to deputise every time Robben or Ribery's hamstring popped.

If he was found wanting due to competition, I expect another good club to make a good bid for him. . . not for him to end up on loan at a mid-table Italian side for peanuts transfer fee.
What other Bayern youths Brother Ibime? Guardiola simply didn't give the boy the needed playing time to develop. When Juup brought him on he was an instant hit

If Guardiola could move a certified wasteman like Rafinha to RB and play him there ahead of the best in the world (Lahm) at that position then it tells you he simply has his preferences which may or may not be legitimate

Inter na him you dey downgrade like this? They are just missing a competent coach oo! Its a decent squad. Icardi, Kovacic are very good players with Shaq they might get even better
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:44am On Jan 13, 2015
A40:

What other Bayern youths Brother Ibime? Guardiola simply didn't give the boy the needed playing time to develop. When Juup brought him on he was an instant hit

If Guardiola could move a certified wasteman like Rafinha to RB and play him there ahead of the best in the world (Lahm) at that position then it tells you he simply has his preferences which may or may not be legitimate

Inter na him you dey downgrade like this? They are just missing a competent coach oo! Its a decent squad. Icardi, Kovacic are very good players with Shaq they might get even better

I haven't watched a peep of European football this season as per se I no get SKY TV this year. But Bayern match wey I attend for Etihad, I saw two young boys in attacking midfield on pitch and Shaq on bench.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:51am On Jan 13, 2015
Ibime:

I haven't watched a peep of European football this season as per se I no get SKY TV this year. But Bayern match wey I attend for Etihad, I saw two young boys in attacking midfield on pitch and Shaq on bench.

broke asš nigga! grin

if you have skygo on your i-Phone/iPad, i can give you my access so you can be watching live games anywhere in the UK. the only condition is - promise me you won't go to pörn channels & order pörn movies. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:53am On Jan 13, 2015
coogar:

broke asš nigga! grin

if you have skygo on your i-Phone/iPad, i can give you my access so you can be watching live games anywhere in the UK. the only condition is - promise me you won't go to pörn channels & order pörn movies. grin

Oya send me the password. I done tire to stream.

Wait, I no get iPhone or iPad. The thing dey work on PC?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:59am On Jan 13, 2015
Ibime:

Shaqiri is a RW but can play LW too

I suspect you are talking about Hojbjerg and Bernat

Bernat is a LB and Hojbjerg is a CM. Guardiola insisted on playing Robbery in a match we didn't even need a point from

Brought on Shaqiri with less than 10mins to go! To do what exactly?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:06am On Jan 13, 2015
A40:

Shaqiri is a RW but can play LW too

I suspect you are talking about Hojbjerg and Bernat

Bernat is a LB and Hojbjerg is a CM. Guardiola insisted on playing Robbery in a match we didn't even need a point from

Brought on Shaqiri with less than 10mins to go! To do what exactly?

Nah, Hojberg and Rode. Rode na AM. Hojberg might call himself a central midfielder but he basically played as AM also even when down to 10 men.

Bernat na leftback na.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:09am On Jan 13, 2015
Ibime:

Oya send me the password. I done tire to stream.

Wait, I no get iPhone or iPad. The thing dey work on PC?

it's a phone app!
it won't work on PC. they moved on from the PC era few years ago. i don't miss any action when i am not at home. na 4G data go suffer am.

see the screenshots - na HD! grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:18am On Jan 13, 2015
coogar:

it's a phone app!
it won't work on PC. they moved on from the PC era few years ago. i don't miss any action when i am not at home. na 4G data go suffer am.

Your phone battery dey fit last with all these data so?

Just 5 mins, my phone battery dey die anyhow.

I done vex for all these phones. Na LG G2 I dey buy next. I hear say that one battery fit last 5 days!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:21am On Jan 13, 2015
You will know why England football is suffering when their head coach picks Mascherano for WPOTY.

Masche-fücking-rano!!! SMH!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:32am On Jan 13, 2015
Ibime:

Nah, Hojberg and Rode. Rode na AM. Hojberg might call himself a central midfielder but he basically played as AM also even when down to 10 men.

Bernat na leftback na.
Rode is older than Shaqiri actually. And he is certainly not an AM. He can play as a box to box ninja, a DM and RB

Hojbjerg is a CM but can play the AM role too but these are not positions Shaqiri can play at least not CM. Robben and especially Ribery were useless on the night
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:35am On Jan 13, 2015
Ibime:

Your phone battery dey fit last with all these data so?

Just 5 mins, my phone battery dey die anyhow.

I done vex for all these phones. Na LG G2 I dey buy next. I hear say that one battery fit last 5 days!

i carry my charger everywhere.
just sit near a socket, plug & watch away.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:34am On Jan 13, 2015
coogar:

i carry my charger everywhere.
just sit near a socket, plug & watch away.

Are you a joneser?

Skygo works on laptop and PS4 in addition to mobile devices. When I went to naija this Xmas gone, my PS4 was effectively functioning as my skybox
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2015
coogar:

it's a phone app!

Seriously mate. One full match with pre and post-analysis in HD will consume just over 2GB of data. What kinda subscription do you have? Me I dey do Skygo mehn. These boys have not jasi sopcast.

Can you even stream 3pm games on Skygo?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2015
Nihilist:

Are you a joneser?

Skygo works on laptop and PS4 in addition to mobile devices. When I went to naija this Xmas gone, my PS4 was effectively functioning as my skybox

you cannot watch skygo abroad. even if you use VPN, there's a limitation with slow broadband speeds(which is the best you can get in lagos) which is further slowed by the VPN connection.

wipe the side of your mouth.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:33am On Jan 13, 2015
coogar:

you cannot watch skygo abroad. even if you use VPN, there's a limitation with slow broadband speeds(which is the best you can get in lagos) which is further slowed by the VPN connection.

wipe the side of your mouth.....

Lol coming from the guy who claimed Skygo was only available on mobile phones? grin grin

It's good job you mentioned VPN, as I use a paid VPN service anyway.

Out in Nigeria, I managed to get router from an ISP called Spectranet which offers wifi connection with upto 1.5mbs download speed...

So Yes COOGAR, I used my skygo on my PS4 from Abule-Egba, Lagos cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by purplekayc(m): 10:40am On Jan 13, 2015
is messi coming?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2015
Nihilist:

Lol coming from the guy who claimed Skygo was only available on mobile phones? grin grin

so iPad is a mobile phone?

It's good job you mentioned VPN, as I use a paid VPN service anyway.

Out in Nigeria, I managed to get router from an ISP called Spectranet which offers wifi connection with upto 1.5mbs download speed...

So Yes COOGAR, I used my skygo on my PS4 from Abule-Egba, Lagos cheesy cheesy

i still don't believe you.
1.5MB will not stream live channels from sky. too slow to even load after you log in.

tell us another lie jor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.