Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10505288 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7622) (7623) (7624) (7625) (7626) (7627) (7628) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2019
nihilistjnr:
93/94 final?

How I wan take watch am? I was in Primary 2.

I didn't even send football back then. I was too busy watching He-man and Voltron.

That 94 final, I didnt watch till long holidays around July in my friend's house where he borrowed the VHS recording

The 1994 was hyped because Nigeria was going to the world cup and all ISR editions were talking about the stars coming to the world cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2019
Kimbeast:

3 champions league final in 4yrs says otherwise.
Despite the number of world class players they boasted, they hardly won many trophies. Of course they went to 3 Champions League finals in 4 years but their league trophies during that period diminish their status as a great side.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

Boateng is okay with his world cup which he won on the field, Let VVD hold his polling booth award which he won from ballot box
Didn't VVD win his own UCL on the field? The same excuse you always use for Terry. Baba hold ur L
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lana1:
Didn't VVD win his own UCL on the field? The same excuse you always use for Terry. Baba hold ur L

Boateng already won his own CL on the field a long time ago
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

Boateng already won his own CL on the field a long time ago
And we didn't hear the end of it.

VVD has won his own UCL now, with UEFA's best as jara after back to back UCL finals. Something Boateng has never done in his life

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Coutinho14: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
Best midfielder in the world cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

He was only good to win the biggest trophy in the sport

A world cup

We are talking about individual awards, you are talking team trophy. angry

Boateng is the definition of useless.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mapoka: 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
Baba airmark carry go jor
Na you get here for this week
When we told them that football is not all about goals dem no hear
Una go hear am from me when Hazard win his own

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
spillo1:

Despite the number of world class players they boasted, they hardly won many trophies. Of course they went to 3 Champions League finals in 4 years but their league trophies during that period diminish their status as a great side.

Ancelotti's Milan tended to thrive in the big games and I don't think Milan cared much about the league back then it was all about catching Madrid record. If not for complacency against Liverpool and Deportivo, you'd probably be looking at a side that would have won four European Cups out of five.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lana1:
And we didn't hear the end of it.

VVD has won his own UCL now, with UEFA's best as jara after back to back UCL finals. Something Boateng has never done in his life

Let VVD win a world cup like Boateng did before you start comparing him to his superiors

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
Leyqute:

Let sister Tabitha handle our luggage. The servant of the most high shall not be stressed
Sister Tabitha isn’t to be disturbed undecided. I repeat, she is not to be disturbed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
larride:

We are talking about individual awards, you are talking team trophy. angry

Boateng is the definition of useless.

How will the best defender in a world cup final be useless, Unless useless has a different meaning
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

How will the best defender in a world cup final be useless, Unless useless has a different meaning

Best defender in a World Cup yet failed to be in the team of the tournament but his partner Matt’s Hummels was.

Even Boateng will curse you for thinking he is elite.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
larride:

Best defender in a World Cup yet failed to be in the team of the tournament but his partner Matt’s Hummels was.

Even Boateng will curse you for thinking he is elite.

Boateng does his tuff on the field and does not depend on polling booths or votes to be acknowledged. Everyone with a functional eye who watched the world cup final will tell you Boateng was the best that night

raumdeuter:
érôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match
Jérôme Boateng was man of the match, Lionel Messi menaced the German defence and Philipp Lahm ran riot
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings

for Germany there was Jérôme Boateng and Philipp Lahm – as they thwarted attack after attack
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10964539/World-Cup-2014-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-drives-Germany-to-victory-in-enthralling-final.html

Jerome Boateng (Defender) - 9

Jerome Boateng
Got better as the match progressed. Made a number of important tackles and clearances after initially being troubled by the pace of the Argentine counter-attacks. The Bayern centre-back was dominant and was Germany's star performer. Man of the match.

Rio Ferdinand's view: "Boateng was immense today."
http://www.bbc.com.b.tldw.me/sport/football/28286068

This is how to boss a world cup final

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
afrodoc2:

Then on the Barca side Cruyff deciding not to field Michael Laudrup cos of the same 3 foreigner limit rule.

Cruyff and Laudrup also had dressing room problems which only came to light at the end of the season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
chic2pimp:

Cruyff and Laudrup also had dressing room problems which only came to light at the end of the season.

Yup but the main reason Laudrup left to join Real was the fact that Cruyff repeatedly chose Koeman, Stoitchkov, and Romario as his foreign 3.

Laudrup switched to Real and won the league the very next season with them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

Let VVD win a world cup like Boateng did before you start comparing him to his superiors
He has already won a UCL as per your requirements.

raumdeuter:

Messi is a CL winner and world cup finalist. Van Dijk is 27 yet to win a CL nor world cup.

raumdeuter:

Outstanding world cup final and CL final performance by age 26 which VVD does not have because he was an average defender battling with Yoshida and co in Southampton

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lana1:
He has already won a UCL as per your requirements.

Show us the outstanding world cup final

raumdeuter:

Outstanding world cup final and CL final performance by age 26 which VVD does not have because he was an average defender battling with Yoshida and co in Southampton

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Kimbeast:

It's a shame what Milan has turned to in recent years.

It all starts and Ends with Berlu. Hate is such a strong word for the Figurehead in charge of our most succesful period ever however, I dislike Him for not having the guts to sell up much earlier. Any true Milan Fan will tell you that by the late noughties, Silvio had lost all interest in Milan due to various off the field problems. But alas my man decided to hold on for almost a decade. Unforgiveable in my books.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
afrodoc2:

LTV 8 with Nwana Iwajoku and later Ayo Agbesanwa had a Saturday sports program. That’s were I watched the 1988 FA Cup between Liverpool and Fashanu’s Wimbledon on delayed transmission.

NTA 5 had Sports spectacular by Chuka Momoh where you might watch a Euro 84 or Euro 88 game on replay, or a grand slam tennis match (Chuka being a tennis guy), or a boxing bout between Hearns, Hagler Leonards etc.

Then there .

Oya Ibime come and confess how old were you in 1984?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

Show us the outstanding world cup final

I have already shown you his UCL winners medal and UEFA's Best player.

raumdeuter:

Messi is a CL winner and world cup finalist. Van Dijk is 27 yet to win a CL nor world cup.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lana1:
I have already shown you his UCL winners medal and UEFA's Best player.

Show us the world cup the biggest trophy in football like Boateng has shown us his

raumdeuter:

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
afrodoc2:

Yup but the main reason Laudrup left to join Real was the fact that Cruyff repeatedly chose Koeman, Stoitchkov, and Romario as his foreign 3.

Laudrup switched to Real and won the league the very next sea7son with them

Which player would you have left out had you been in Cruyff's shoes?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
chic2pimp:

It all starts and Ends with Berlu. Hate is such a strong word for the Figurehead in charge of our most succesful period ever however, I dislike Him for not having the guts to sell up much earlier. Any true Milan Fan will tell you that by the late noughties, Silvio had lost all interest in Milan due to various off the field problems. But alas my man decided to hold on for almost a decade. Unforgiveable in my books.
Berlusconi always believed he's some of football genius when in reality he had the football brain of a 15 year old playing football manager. AC Milan could have easily been the biggest club in the world right now if they capitalized on their huge global popularity and success.

They were even more popular than Manchester United in the mid-2000's...

They never worked on their brand like other clubs did, because they never needed to thanks to Berlusconi's money. Hence why as soon as Berlusconi stopped spending, they declined massively.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by samzyolu: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

In 1 match everything can go wrong. And we can have freak results, that result does not mean Milan was 4-0 better than Barcelona. Play the match the following day with the same players the result will definitely be closer.

That Milan was not 4-0 better than Barcelona. It was a freak result Like Everton once beat City 4-0, MK dons beat United 4-0, Alcorcon beat Madrid 4-0

Decades from now people will write about how Liverpool featuring Origi and Shaqiri in attack smashed a Barcelona with Messi, Suarez and Coutinho and some will argue that an attack of Shaq Origi was better than Suarez Messi

you are the first person that I know that will say such thing whenever it suits your narrative

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

Show us the world cup the biggest trophy in football like Boateng has shown us his

No world cup for the next few years. So for now, his UCL medal, UEFA player of the year award, and this big fat L will suffice.

raumdeuter:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

Read this

https://twitter.com/genakhena/status/1054375870981390337?lang=en

Oh so that's he met Kenny Ogungbe.

I used to listen to Larry every morning on Raypower on the way to school those days.

I think his program was sponsored by Nestle sha.

Those days I dey follow CAF champions League because of the man - the way he used to say Zamaalek! of Egypt cheesy

Nice link there bro.

By the way, you don collect your L?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
airmark:

cool cool

Massive L o all those haters. This could have been a Chelsea defender, but those mumus at the helms of affairs preferred Rudiger.

Middle finger to the monikers below too. grin

Raumdeuter, a40, lordfalcao.

Ode. You're celebrating polling booth award. Van Dijk deserved this award as much as Modric deserved it last year.

You're a troglodyte if you think Van Dijk would have achieved any recognition with David Lulz at CB and Kepa Aribisala in goal.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
Kimbeast:

I think A.c Milan once won the league scoring just 36goals lol.
It's truly Amazing how Milan once had a team with 5 all-time greats — Van Basten, Gullit (a bit of a stretch as his competitors in the all-time pool are literally the greatest, but he was such a unique player), Rijkaard, Baresi and Maldini.
Rank Rijkaard,Makelele and Vieira. I know my boy is top5 in his position of all time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by samzyolu: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
Leyqute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_3VB1bLjgU

Capello went into that game prepared to play pens at worst. Operation clean sheet no matter what. I dont think Barca had a shot on target. Milan were very hard to break down and they scored almost all of their goals via counters.

For those people who don't understand why de lima and others suffered niggling injuries then, have a look at the tackles on display here.

The tackles at 5:23, 6:40 and 8:33 in today's game na direct red card. In this game, na yellow. And you can see the ref at 7:26 telling the tackled player to stand up and "be a man". Barca committed more than 25 fouls, they got just 4 yellow cards. Tell m,e how all of them won't be sent off for the same tackles in 2019?

I did not see any straight red tackle there.
we see all these kind of tackles now, only that they are no longer much because teams no longer have many bakayokos and there are more pep guardiolas

(1) (2) (3) ... (7622) (7623) (7624) (7625) (7626) (7627) (7628) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), Roland17(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.