Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,031 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10728455 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7667) (7668) (7669) (7670) (7671) (7672) (7673) ... (19392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
Melvyn11:

I have seen Pep manage teams with huge expectations and he has delivered but I can't say the same for Klopp who has only performed in certain Environment and clubs of smaller status. For my Club it will be Pep.

I’m not asking you about managing teams with huge expectations, (although you’re wrong with what you typed up there ).

Who will make the most out of the current crop of players at Madrid? And who will spend the least transforming them into a world class team that’ll challenge for La Liga and UCL every year?

That’s what I’m about. If I say you’re dyslexic now you’ll start throwing tantrums.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
reverse could also be said about Pep..
Can he manage a team with lesser resources like arsenal,Atm or Napoli?
It's much easier to believe klopp can manage the real Madrids and Barcelonas than the case for pep.
Klopp big buys has been resounding success, the likes of van djik, allisson even Marco reus who was bought for over 20m or so was a big buy then for Dortmund...

What of Naby Keita, Ciro Immobile, Henrikh Mikitaryan?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2019
Melvyn11:

And like I said before success at a smaller club does not necessarily transit when a coach moves to a bigger club. There are so many examples of coaches who started at smaller clubs,did brilliantly move to a bigger club and failed woo fully because the pressure to win instantly is massive. Klopp has coached at Liverpool and Dortmund clubs that gave him time...3 to 4 seasons to stamp his style of play,do you think he will get that at Barca or Madrid?
Like I said Klopp type of football have shown he will succeed at any club..
Klopp with more resources is danger to any league he manages..
No player won't run through brick walls for klopp...
Stop deceiving urself with all this..
he's a world class manager, every club will love to have him

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

What of Naby Keita, Ciro Immobile, Henrikh Mikitaryan?
Mkhitaryan who united bought for over 40m?
At least u mentioned only three players out of?
Shows his success rate is incredibly high compared to guardiola.
Also Naby isn't a flop yet..
he is injured
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
Mkhitaryan who united bought for over 40m?
At least u mentioned only three players out of?
Shows his success rate is incredibly high compared to guardiola.
Also Naby isn't a flop yet..
he is injured

Mkhitaryan flopped under Klopp, it was under Tuchel that he resurrected his career
Before Naby was injured, will you call him a success?

How many big name transfers has he made so we can know the failure rate
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
Like I said Klopp type of football have shown he will succeed at any club..
Klopp with more resources is danger to any league he manages..
No player won't run through brick walls for klopp...
Stop deceiving urself with all this..
he's a world class manager, every club will love to have him
Klopp style of Football saw him lost 6 finals in a row, klopp style of Football has seen him won 4 trophies in his career. Klopp style of football has seen him relegated. Untill he manages a top club with big expectations and winning trophies is a must not hugs and kisses we will never know.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

Mkhitaryan flopped under Klopp, it was under Tuchel that he resurrected his career
Before Naby was injured, will you call him a success?

How many big name transfers has he made so we can know the failure rate
I thought Naby was beginning to look good before his injury against barca...
time will tell for him
Mkhitaryan maybe but the guy has shown to be an average player over the years..
Fabinho, reus, van djik, Allison
Even his midrange to lower buys like aubamayeng, salah, mane and co...
that's an astounding hit rate for any manager...
even u can't deny that surely?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2019
Melvyn11:

Klopp style of Football saw him lost 6 finals in a row, klopp style of Football has seen him won 4 trophies in his career. Klopp style of football has seen him relegated. Untill he manages a top club with big expectations and winning trophies is a must not hugs and kisses we will never know.
I'm sure whatever team you support will love to have him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
context matters..
klopp had to work his way to the top..
while pep was literally placed on silver spoon from the get go
Look at the teams he's managed...
Dortmund,mainz, and now Liverpool.. Liverpool is the biggest team he's managed so far and they were in doldrums when he took over
do u expect these teams to win the biggest trophies year on year?

The highest rated managers are usually the most successful ones though, and the vast difference between the achievement of Klopp and Pep means it's an insult to Pep.
Klopp is a descent manager, but no amount of context would place him ahead of Pep with the vast difference in amount of trophies and quantifiable achievements between them.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
My team would also love Pep.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:

There are coaches who can thrive in an environment where the pressure is less Klopp will not want to go to a Barca or Madrid where you not only have to win but win playing certain style

Benitez used to be the Klopp of a decade ago, he was a resounding success at teams like Valencia and Liverpool, when he went to teams who just won and had expectations of maintaining a certain standard at Inter and Madrid. He soon found out that not every team will be forgiving like his previous teams.

10yrs ago, David Moyes used to be the reference point to many pundits. "If Moyes had a team with resources he would move mountains. Imagine Moyes in a big team" etc.

We saw how it went for Moyes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2019
Klopp won the CL with less signings than Pep so he is better

Can we extend this to Dimatteo

Dimatteo won the CL with no signing at all. So should he be the best of all time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2019
Leyqute:

So who is the simpleton who made this ludicrous statement?

You never said pep is the greatest of all time, yet you referred to him as an all time great. Are you sure you’re alright?

Were you hacked or did ramdeuter coerce you to type that rubbish? Cos I don’t understand why you are tryin to impersonate yourself.

That's how his mentor also uses English words recklessly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2019
Melvyn11:

The highest rated managers are usually the most successful ones though, and the vast difference between the achievement of Klopp and Pep means it's an insult to Pep.
Klopp is a descent manager, but no amount of context would place him ahead of Pep with the vast difference in amount of trophies and quantifiable achievements between them.
Look Pep is a chequebook manager & thats no insult to him...
Even he admitted that his kind of football requires players with the highest technical quality to execute...
We saw it in his first season at man city where he had aged full backs like sagna and co and he finished fourth..
The following season he spent over 200m on fullbacks and a Gk and his team improved....
He's quality coach but without money his ideas won't translate to the highest of standards we have seen his team's..
This is nothing groundbreaking about that, we all know that...
Saying he's a chequebook manager isn't an insult but a fact.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
Melvyn11:
My team would also love Pep.
What team is that by the way?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:

Even he admitted that his kind of football requires players with the highest technical quality to execute...
We saw it in his first season at man city where he had aged full backs like sagna and co and he finished fourth..
The following season he spent over 200m on fullbacks and a Gk and his team improved....
He's quality coach but without money his ideas won't translate to the highest of standards we have seen his team's..

Without the bold can you tell what Klopp would have won in Liverpool?
The most expensive keeper and defender in the world
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

So an interim boss Dimatteo won the CL within 3-4months of appointment without any purchase with a team that finished 6th in the league

Why is he not better than Klopp who broke transfer records to win the same CL after multiple seasons
Go read my argument from start you will know why
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
hensben:
Go read my argument from start you will know why

It doesn't make any sense as we expect of posts from you

Dimatteo won the CL with no signing at all. So should he be the best of all time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:

Now you have shown your true colors. Ok now Show us the trophies Klopp won at Liverpool before Breaking the transfer record not once but twice?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

Your logic would be correct if Di Matteo hasn't proven to be a failure every where he went after that Cl win...
It was a complete fluke...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

Was u van djik this highly rated before he signed?
I remembered most were laughing when Liverpool paid that much for him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
Your logic would be correct if Di Matteo hasn't proven to be a failure every where he went after that Cl win...

How many CL or trophies has Klopp won in his entire career to prove this CL win isnt a fluke
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
Was u van djik this highly rated before he signed?
I remembered most were laughing when Liverpool paid that much for him

You mean a player signed for 75M was just signed for fun?

Well we can also extend that to all Peps signings, they were not highly rated, Pep just wanted to waste money
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2019
Melvyn11:

Now you have shown your true colors. Ok now Show us the trophies Klopp won at Liverpool before Breaking the transfer record not once but twice?
Am I wrong tho?
It was Pep who said he style of play needed the highest technical quality and we all know that's costs huge amount of money
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
Am I wrong tho?
It was Pep who said he style of play needed the highest technical quality and we all know that's costs huge amount of money

Did Klopp not sign the most expensive keeper, Defender and one of the most expensive midfielders(Keita) before he could win?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

If he had injected 300m+ on his defence like Fraudiola, he would have won all local cups.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
Am I wrong tho?
Show us the trophies Klopp won at Liverpool before Breaking the transfer record not once but twice? He couldn't Win a spoon until he did.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

How many CL or trophies has Klopp won in his entire career to prove this CL win isnt a fluke
He's proved it by being to Three Cl finals with less fancied teams than what pep has managed...
Klopp has been to Three finals since 2011 when pep last won it an pep has managed huge pre tournament favourites like Bayern,barca and man city..
That's an astounding record for klopp

Do u also know that Klopp hasn't lost a European knockout tie since he joined Liverpool?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2019
Melvyn11:

The fact that klopp broke the transfer record twice to win the Champions league and if not would still be trophyless at Liverpool.

Which transfer record did he break twice.

The simple fact is that Klopp has done wonders with only the 7th most expensively assembled squad, unlike.one Fraudiola who.must have the most expensive squad before doing anything.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2019
kendrick93:
Managers have won the Champions league on less resources than Klopp and they're not being lauded like he is. He even had to break the transfer record twice to achieve it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2019
airmark:

If he had injected 300m+ on his defence like Fraudiola, he would have won all local cups.

How much did Klopp pay for his defence + goalkeeper
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

Did Klopp not sign the most expensive keeper, Defender and one of the most expensive midfielders(Keita) before he could win?
Because of the coitinho's money

(1) (2) (3) ... (7667) (7668) (7669) (7670) (7671) (7672) (7673) ... (19392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ucsquare(m), Sniper04(m), Obere4u, TheLequte, BlueMann, a4turitoroman, zeusis(m), Jodera, Ijustwantto, Realtord43, andrewbaba44, AirBay, chic2pimp(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.