Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10476887 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7673) (7674) (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) ... (19134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:37am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:

You guys can confidently type rubbish. That was how you disgraced yourself with ''tallness is talent'' nonsense.

Melvyn was actually wrong with that usage of ''all time great'', since he claimed that Mou was greater than Fraudiola.

When you use ''all time'', it means nothing surpasses it. Leyqute was actually right, he should be the one mocking both of you, while you run to Dayo for the next move.

Swissh already beat me to it: "an" all-time great is indefinite in English. "The" all-time great is definite.

If you think I would re-post articles of researchers validating what I said, you are on a long thing.

Sometimes just keep your conversations limited to Hensben and Hensben only. I won't tell you why.

grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:45am On Sep 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Swissh already beat me to it: "an" all-time great is indefinite in English. "The" all-time great is definite.

If you think I would re-post articles of researchers validating what I said, you are on a long thing.

Sometimes just keep your conversations limited to Hensben and Hensben only. I won't tell you why.

grin

That was how you were disgracing yourself with tallness is talent nonsense. Instead of you to let it slide, you are back here disgracing yourself again.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/all-time

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:45am On Sep 11, 2019
Swissh:

AirFart has come again cheesy cheesy. Melvyn said pep is "an all time great" which means among the great coaches in history. He never said Pep is the greatest coach of all time.

Don't be casting your pearls to swine brother.

He Googled "all-time" and thought he was coming here to teach anybody anything.

Some things I read here and laugh.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:51am On Sep 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Mumu, since you are not conversant with terms used in weather forecast, sports, stocks etc, it would be cumbersome for you to figure out the error.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 3:11am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:

That was how you were disgracing yourself with tallness is talent nonsense. Instead of you to let it slide, you are back here disgracing yourself again.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/all-time

I will engage you further just to show you the peak of your understanding is some people's trough.

Cambridge was defining "all-time" for you and not the phrase "an all-time" or "the all-time" or "off all times". I know you don't know but they are not all the same.

When a British person says "an all-time great" they mean that person was the best in a particular time. Mike Tyson is an all-time great boxer. Kobe Bryant is an all-time great basketballer.

But when they say "the all-time great" they mean, the best there has ever been. Michael Jordan is the all-time great basketballer.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 3:15am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:

Mumu, since you are not conversant with terms used in weather forecast, sports, stocks etc, it would be cumbersome for you to figure out the error.

I won't call you names because...well...I will let your own posts do that to you.

You hear people say CR7 is a GOAT. Maradona is a GOAT but Messi is the GOAT. They know the difference and that is the sort of subtle nuance that is expected to fly-over you like... bridges.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:27am On Sep 11, 2019
Eruditor:

I will engage you further just to show you the peak of your understanding is some people's trough.

Cambridge was defining "all-time" for you and not the phrase "an all-time" or "the all-time" or "off all times". I know you don't know but they are not all the same.

When a British person says "an all-time great" they mean that person was the best in a particular time. Mike Tyson is an all-time great boxer. Kobe Bryant is an all-time great basketballer.

But when they say "the all-time great" they mean, the best there has ever been. Michael Jordan is the all-time great basketballer.

You that could type 500,000 words to prove that tallness is a talent, wouldn't find it difficult to even change what was emboldened by the dictionary itself. Sorry, argue with yourself. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 3:31am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:

You that could type 500,000 words to prove that tallness is a talent, wouldn't find it difficult to even change what was emboldened by the dictionary itself. Sorry, argue with yourself. cheesy

I have always known you to be incorrigible.

Do a full snap-shot of what cambridge is defining and prove they were not defining just "all-time".

Stephen Curry:

I know the reality of the situation in terms of we lost a guy like Kevin Durant, who's an all-time great basketball player,

Therefore Steph Curry was saying KD is the best basketballer ever - Airmark.

LOL

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 3:37am On Sep 11, 2019
For context:

Stephen Curry’s top five basketball players (in order): MJ, Wilt, LeBron, Shaq & Magic.

No KD.

So why call him an all-time great since to the same Curry, he is not the greatest basketball player ever?

Because Curry knows what Melyvn11, Swissh and Eruditor know that Airmark does not know.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:40am On Sep 11, 2019
Eruditor:

I have always known you to be incorrigible.

Do a full snap-shot of what cambridge is defining and prove they were not defining just "all-time".

Therefore Steph Curry was saying KD is the best basketballer ever - Airmark.

LOL

cheesy cheesy

I was quoting an English dictionary, that told you that nothing surpasses the level of the noun used with "all-time", you are quoting Steph Curry, an American.

Keep on looking for that escape route grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 3:44am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:

cheesy cheesy

I was quoting an English dictionary, that told you that nothing surpasses the level of the noun used with "all-time", you are quoting Steph Curry, an American. grin grin grin

Dictionary highlighted my foot.

Quoting an American my right arm.

Escape route? You think everyone is like you. LOL

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:47am On Sep 11, 2019
Eruditor:

I missed this. You should make your own dictionary asap. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 3:49am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:

I missed this. You should make your own dictionary asap. grin grin grin

I wrote the Collins English Dictionary.

grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:52am On Sep 11, 2019
Eruditor:

I wrote the Collins English Dictionary.

grin

grin grin grin

Jamilu Collins?

He even confirmed what i said.

You dont have multiple all-time olympic records in 100m. The moment another faster time is recorded, it ceases to be called an all-time record.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 5:09am On Sep 11, 2019
Melvyn11:

I see no need in exchanging insults on a faceless forum so I just let it slide.
had it been a one on one situation, would u have let it slide?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 5:35am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:

grin grin grin

Jamilu Collins?

[s]You dont have multiple all-time olympic records in 100m. The moment another faster time is recorded, it ceases to be called an all-time record[/s].

How can this definition support anything you are saying when you thought you were laughing at me when I said "at a particular time"?

Sampras is an all-time great. Nadal is an all-time great. Novak is an all-time great. But many regard Federer as THE all-time great in Male tennis.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:09am On Sep 11, 2019
A40:
Lmaoooo I think both cases can be true. The Patriots have been known to do whatever to win. I mean their owner was busted at an olosho joint, they had Spygate, Deflategate, Patrick Chung one of their players is in police net for cocaine possession, Josh Gordon na junkie and they had freaking Aaron Hernandez of 'blessed memory'

They have never been a team of boy scouts so I feel he might still have issues regardless. Of course if you have the option of getting Antonio Brown for free at essentially $10m guaranteed I don't know that you turn it down if you believe he would be a difference maker

His ex-trainer is suing him for rape now.
Village people are after the boy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:49am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:
Ibime, your boy Blaq tried in this Martell 2.

I thought he would mention Boathand in that Van Dijk line. grin

MI had the best verse and best line.

I been so accommodating like a housing estate/
But I got the ruger now. . . you sure you want these cows in your state?/

Urgh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 8:09am On Sep 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Leave Airmark. He will be alright last last cheesy cheesy.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:45am On Sep 11, 2019
airmark:

grin grin grin

Jamilu Collins?

You dont have multiple all-time olympic records in 100m. The moment another faster time is recorded, it ceases to be called an all-time record.
This is his Collins dictionary o..
Yet he didn't see this definition(they even used "an" as an example to prove here it's still overall. Quite funny). Sometimes, let some people just admit they are wrong, simple.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2019
Or what about this from same Collins...
Mind the sentence "ever been"..

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2019
Ibime:

MI had the best verse and best line.

I been so accommodating like a housing estate/
But I got the ruger now. . . you sure you want these cows in your state?/

Urgh

As in!!!!

I really gbadun that scheme...I've never heard some spitting bars about cows before.

Cows in your state, how many cows in a steak cheesy

Also what is it with this blaqbones guy? The guy always sounds so dope on these cyphers and loosies, but I don download one mixtape and even streamed his album on Spotify, but I no dey feel am at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 8:59am On Sep 11, 2019
Jodera:
Or what about this from same Collins...
Mind the sentence "ever been"..
Why did you stop there? Why not show us some of the examples given and relate it to the comment Melvyn made

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:06am On Sep 11, 2019
Swissh:

Why did you stop there? Why not show us some of the examples given and relate it to the comment Melvyn made
well, here are example also. And if the synonyms doesn't do justice to that, I don't know what else to say.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2019
Swissh:

And mind you, it's definition that is the bone of contention here, which I gave above from the dictionary he referred to us

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2019
nihilistjnr:

As in!!!!

I really gbadun that scheme...I've never heard some spitting bars about cows before.

Cows in your state, how many cows in a steak cheesy

Also what is it with this blaqbones guy? The guy always sounds so dope on these cyphers and loosies, but I don download one mixtape and even streamed his album on Spotify, but I no dey feel am at all.

HipHop is generally comatose in Naija apart from some native language rappers. He will need to switch pattern toward singing if he really want blow. Even MI has been quiet the last few years. All those agbero wey dey go shows no really understand Yankee pattern.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 9:10am On Sep 11, 2019
Swissh:

I ses nothing wrong. I can rate De Lima as my greatest player of all time but that does not stop Messi, Ronaldo and Pele from being Some of the greats of all time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2019
Jodera:
And mind you, it's definition that is the bone of contention here, which I gave above from the dictionary he referred to us
The contention here is People translating "An all time great" to mean "Greatest of all time" which is inaccurate and those examples prove it.

spillo1:

I ses nothing wrong. I can rate De Lima as my greatest player of all time but that does not stop Messi, Ronaldo and Pele from being Some of the greats of all time.

Its just common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:32am On Sep 11, 2019
Swissh:

The contention here is People translating "An all time great" to mean "Greatest of all time" which is inaccurate and those examples prove it.

Its just common sense.
...and from the definition I gave, using the dictionary, how was that different from the "GOAT"? Spillo, talked about some of the greats in football, which isn't wrong using his examples. But from all the definitions(even aside the Collins dictionary,) still gave same definition as same as that of "overall achieved" in relations to his contemporaries, both past and present at that instant time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2019
Melvyn11:

He did exactly what klopp did in less than 6 months not 4 yrs without breaking any transfer record so tell me what exactly is klopp Praised for?
Anybody with eye will know chelsea won ucl as a result of the experienced players in the team, their determination and hunger for ucl glory made it happen that night. Watching Chelsea play under Di Mateo was an eyesore. The Di Mateo argument you are bringing up doesn’t even make sense because aside winning ucl klopp is a trainer, he turned average players to world class and use them to do great things, this type of coach are very rare this days. Pep did marque signings in all position include the bench and you are telling medegedegede.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:42am On Sep 11, 2019
hensben:
Anybody with eye will know chelsea won ucl as a result of the experienced players in the team, their determination and hunger for ucl glory made it happen that night. Watching Chelsea play under Di Mateo was an eyesore. The Di Mateo argument you are bringing up doesn’t even make sense because aside winning ucl klopp is a trainer, he turned average players to world class and use them to do great things, this type of coach are very rare this days. Pep did marque signings in all position include the bench and you are telling medegedegede.
Everybody also knows klopp won the Champions league because he broke the transfer record and also became the coach with the most expensive eleven to win the Champions league.
Ranieri used average players to achieve great things same with Di mateo . If using average players to win stuff is your bread and butter that means you place Ranieri and Di Mateo above Ancelotti and Zidane. Yes or No!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:07am On Sep 11, 2019
Melvyn11:

Ranieri used average players to achieve great things same with Di mateo even the Greece coach who won Euros04 that everybody has forgotten about. If using average players to win stuff is your bread and butter that means you place Ranieri and Di Mateo above Ancelotti and Zidane. Yes or No!
Riniery won epl not ucl. Di Mateo winning ucl was a fluke and the determination of the players. Those who watch chelsea play under Di Mateo knew we were just defending and looking for one breakthrough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7673) (7674) (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) ... (19134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.