Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10634968 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (19285) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
nateevs:
I have been watching us for a number of matches and this what I think.

We need another CM who can carry the ball, is very technical pacy, can start attacks and can press and shield well.

The pressing in the middle of the midfield is not where it should be. JM knows this and he uses Willian's pace and great pressing abilities to provide shield in midfield.

This can be seen by checking out the heat maps of Willian's average position per game.

The problem with this is that it totally negates attack on the right until Ivanovic runs up field. With the opposition winger and FB backing up, Ivanovic has to pass backwards.

So attacks can only come on the left with Hazard. Many teams know this and they triple up on Hazard. This makes Costa alienated. And this is the reason for our lacks of chances in big games/against teams that take the game to us.

The question is, why can't JM go in the market now and solve this issue with one CM and one more creative winger?

On this matter, do you know how many times Ivanovic gets played in on the right and can't deliver a decent cross?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
if you watch the goal again, you would see the defenders were all backing off, even Courtois.

I was even surprised to see Courtois sitting in his net, because he usually closes down attackers in a one on one situation

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ibime:

On this matter, do you know how many times Ivanovic gets played in on the right and can't deliver a decent cross?

Trust me, that's a topic for a whole day. Unfortunately, Ivanovic is very crucial to JM's tactics of goal kicks.

Cech/Thibault playing all goql kicks to Ivanovic to head on every single time.

I cannot get my head around why that is necessary.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fabregas no dey disappoint at all, baba go snooze for february.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Coutouis just saved us today nd u guys ar yet blaming him.......... U guys ar nt making any reasonable sense, i wonder u reason............. Look at the fans that want youths to play more, so that u can kill them with this ur ever daft analysis............... If mourinho had sold d guy, u guys wnt stop mourning day nd night......... He was our best player today nd yet he z d victim, taking d obvious cahill nd matic blame..........' he should shout at cahill ' if cahill needs a young keeper to reset his brain, he might as well retire

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
So nobody is going to point out that Oscar was sorely missed today?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nihilist:

Naaahhh! He wasn't. He could not have been better than Fab in attack because of Liverpool's pressing. Or his inclusion would have meant Fab plays deeper in midfield and we would have conceded 4 goals today if we dared to play with a Fab/Matic defensive midfield.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nihilist:

with oscar on the pitch, chelsea might have lost. he treats the ball like ebola - he avoids it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
bigkesh:
Coutouis just saved us today nd u guys ar yet blaming him.......... U guys ar nt making any reasonable sense, i wonder u reason............. Look at the fans that want youths to play more, so that u can kill them with this ur ever daft analysis............... If mourinho had sold d guy, u guys wnt stop mourning day nd night......... He was our best player today nd yet he z d victim, taking d obvious cahill nd matic blame..........' he should shout at cahill ' if cahill needs a young keeper to reset his brain, he might as well retire
he was our best player, no doubt.
We owe conceding to Matic and any other defender that was right behind Sterling
He is certainly morphing into a goalkeeper that knows how to keep his team in the game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
nateevs:

Naaahhh! He wasn't. He could not have been better than Fab in attack because of Liverpool's pressing. Or his inclusion would have meant Fab plays deeper in midfield and we would have conceded 4 goals today if we dared to play with a Fab/Matic defensive midfield.

Mikel was a short one in that midfield today. Theres no doubt in my mind that Fab would have done a better job defensively, while still orchestrating attacks from deep.

Costa and Fab were too slow in the final third. Oscar always provide that pace and links up well.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Noah13:
if you watch the goal again, you would see the defenders were all backing off, even Courtois.

I was even surprised to see Courtois sitting in his net, because he usually closes down attackers in a one on one situation

Sterling's pace should not be ignored. It took him only 3 seconds between the exact moment he beat Matic's/Mikel's line and the time he beat the ball.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
nateevs:

Sterling's pace should not be ignored. It took him only 3 seconds between the exact moment he beat Matic's/Mikel's line and the time he beat the ball.

sterling touched the ball about 5 times before scoring. that's criminal, abeg! there's no excuse & cahill should be fined.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
Cuadrado was at anfield today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:04am On Jan 21, 2015
Keky:
Coquelin >> Matic. Wetin happen to Mr Take On Bimffo?

You are high on Cheap weed..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:10am On Jan 21, 2015
All the Oscar fans who told me Sterling is a product of English hype will soon be converted.

Una go see say the Brazilian hype machine is bigger than the English one.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 12:14am On Jan 21, 2015
Tval:
Cuadrado was at anfield today.

Prove or I don't bliv it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:18am On Jan 21, 2015
Felipe Luis should cut his hair and start from there. I can't take serious any skinny defender rocking Alice band. If I'm his opponent, he already looks like a weak suspect to me.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 21, 2015
Ibime:
Felipe Luis should cut his hair and start from there. I can't take serious any skinny defender rocking Alice band. If I'm his opponent, he already looks like a weak suspect to me.
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:46am On Jan 21, 2015
amodu:

Prove or I don't bliv it
I am not sure, if he was probably at anfield, i am sure sky sports would show him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 4:36am On Jan 21, 2015
nateevs:
I have been watching us for a number of matches and this what I think.

We need another CM who can carry the ball, is very technical pacy, can start attacks and can press and shield well.

The pressing in the middle of the midfield is not where it should be. JM knows this and he uses Willian's pace and great pressing abilities to provide shield in midfield.

This can be seen by checking out the heat maps of Willian's average position per game.

The problem with this is that it totally negates attack on the right until Ivanovic runs up field. With the opposition winger and FB backing up, Ivanovic has to pass backwards.

So attacks can only come on the left with Hazard. Many teams know this and they triple up on Hazard. This makes Costa alienated. And this is the reason for our lack of chances in big games/against teams that take the game to us.

The question is, why can't JM go into the market now and solve this issue with one CM and one more creative winger?

he really needs to go into d market ds January to solve ds mess or better still he should Swap Willian for Ivanovich. dat should be a make shift remedy

MODIFIED
Anoda tin, Mou shuld always use Cech whenever we meet big teams and Courtois 4 small teams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 6:34am On Jan 21, 2015
Liverpool are gonna have one hell of a time playing at SB, because confidence is usually high whenever we play there.

Am pissed off cos were being hit by a team without a striker left, right and center.

Having a pathetic penalty as an only shot on.

And to think confidence would be high since they were coming to Anfield on the back of a 5-nil demolition of Swansea.

this team really disappoints when you least expect them to

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2015
nateevs:

Fabregas is much better from a deeper position.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:53am On Jan 21, 2015
Only a slowpoke here will think mourinho actually went to Anfield for a win. We can NEVER play like this in an EPL game

I still think cech is a better goalkeeper than Courtois... tho Courtois helped us yesterday

Willan and sallah should be sold asap...Willian is a master of back pass

Fabregas is a good midfielder but he's too slow

As for Cahill, he should be rested for a month

Fillipe equals waste of money, betrand is 100% better than him

I believe we played like that yesterday in order for the players to save strength /power for Saturday's game, return leg against liverpool and mancity's game

3 games under 7days.....

I was satisfied with the draw yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
How bad was Courtois last nite?

The lad turn over a rasping, swerving drive from Gerrard and pulled out some great saves in what was an atmospheric and often hostile environment yet he was that bad?

Where was the defence and our anchormen when Sterling scored with that great solo effort?

Nonsense!

Meanwhile, we're looking to make a bid for 'Colombian Ronaldinho' Mr Cuadrado. The winger has a buyout clause of £26m and is available.

Although I would have preferred Marco Reus, I believe Cuadrado is a perfect upgrade of Willian, Salah and Schurrle.

The Colombian isn't just a winger, he can as well play as a right-back and a defensive midfielder.

That's utility well defined.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
as much as I distaste the play of willian,I will never sanction CFC selling him. bcuz of the guys work rate. If I have my way, I will make willian pair matic in the midfield,sell sola,mikel,rami n sala. Bring in cuadrado,thorgan,traore and piazon.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
diggz:
as much as I distaste the play of willian,I will never sanction CFC selling him. bcuz of the guys work rate. If I have my way, I will make willian pair matic in the midfield,sell sola,mikel,rami n sala. Bring in cuadrado,thorgan,traore and piazon.
what about atsu, the ghanian ronaldo, and moses, the nigerian messi? No??

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
bro those two ehn.....! I totally forgot they still belong to Chelsea. Abeg they should be sold along with marco marin ojare because, I don't see them turning into world-beaters anytime soon. I can even consider keeping sola(cos the guy dey get him days) but the orders ehn......! BIG NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
AirborneLacer:
How bad was Courtois last nite?

The lad turn over a rasping, swerving drive from Gerrard and pulled out some great saves in what was an atmospheric and often hostile environment yet he was that bad?

Where was the defence and our anchormen when Sterling scored with that great solo effort?

Nonsense!

Meanwhile, we're looking to make a bid for 'Colombian Ronaldinho' Mr Cuadrado. The winger has a buyout clause of £26m and is available.

Although I would have preferred Marco Reus, I believe Cuadrado is a perfect upgrade of Willian, Salah and Schurrle.

The Colombian isn't just a winger, he can as well play as a right-back and a defensive midfielder.

That's utility well defined.

I have no time for Wingers who can play right back too. When I hear that, alarm bells start to ring. We need a winger with a higher profile. Someone who will scare full backs, give opposition teams one more thing to worry about so they spread their defense and concentrate less on marking Hazard out. We need to propel Hazard to the next level and adding pace, trickery and multiple crosses to the right side of our attack will do just that.

I don't trust JM's judgement with transfers. He gets more wrong than he gets right. This dude is already 27. I never heard of him. He cannot be that good and rumours are that he will cost around £30m. For wetin? Add £10m to that money and tempt Liverpool for Sterling. Now there's a signing we need to make.

All these hard-working wingers first, then output later don't tickle my fancy.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
nateevs:

I have no time for Wingers who can play right back too. When I hear that, alarm bells start to ring. We need a winger with a higher profile. Someone who will scare full backs, give opposition teams one more thing to worry about so they spread their defense and concentrate less on marking Hazard out. We need to propel Hazard to the next level and adding pace, trickery and multiple crosses to the right side of our attack will do just that.

I don't trust JM's judgement with transfers. He gets more wrong than he gets right. This dude is already 27. I never heard of him. He cannot be that good and rumours are that he will cost around £30m. For wetin? Add £10m to that money and tempt Liverpool for Sterling. Now there's a signing we need to make.

All these hard-working wingers first, then output later don't tickle my fancy.

You've never heard of Cuadrado? shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ibime:

I swear when I read that, fear catch me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ibime:

Nihilist:

I swear when I read that, fear catch me.

Me I no dey lie with things like that. Before youtube, never heard of him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
nateevs:

Me I no dey lie with things like that. Before youtube, never heard of him.

I can excuse you not watching Serie A but shey you no watch World Cup ni?

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (19285) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nateevs(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.