Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10670603 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7744) (7745) (7746) (7747) (7748) (7749) (7750) ... (19317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2019
eph12:

So we are back to blaming everybody just so hidden can look good? This is not the game I fell in love with angry

Ofcourse

16 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2019
Massive W for Hazard fans...

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:23am On Sep 24, 2019
donjazet:
Nateevs, I see absolutely nothing wrong with What Mourinho said, that's perfect punditry up there.

He was very objective and very balanced in his view and certainly undeserving of your vitriol.
I never thought I'll accuse you of letting sentiments becloud your objectivity but clearly you've let your dislike for Mourinho render you incapable of accurately processing his words.

It's simple what he said, yes, time should be given to the manager and team, however, as a big team, never be COMFORTABLE when you lose else you lose the utmost hunger and zeal to remain at the top.

Funny enough, this harkens back to what hazard said recently, he pointed out the core differences between the mentality of two big clubs. While one sees a loss as a disaster, the other simply sees it as a disappointment. Courtois also said something similar few years ago after his switch.
You criticizing mourinhos comment lends credence to what hazard said.

The day for constructive criticism was not Sunday. I don't understand the need for some "constructive criticism"..... over wetin? Losing 2-1 to the league leaders after losing our best player in the summer, hiring a rookie manager, getting slapped with a restriction on transfers, drafting untested players to the team on short notice, then going head-on with the best in the league, and matching them in every department?

At 85 minutes I see all the boys sprinting at break-neck speed, no single one of them wanted to lose the game, despite being fully aware that they were playing the league leaders. I see Tomori keeping a lid on Salah for 94 minutes. Even opposition fans were praising the display.

Despite all odds, Sunday was the day for praise. Some day in the future, constructive criticism will be highly desired.......Sunday was not one of those days.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2019
airmark:

Ofcourse
Even Perez can't stand the sight of him. Zidane will be sacked soon for bringing hidden to Real Madrid

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2019
airmark:

Musa is finally blind. Who put Matip in any list, for spineless Pique to replace?
if you don't understand , ask questions..

What I mean is, I will include one of vvd or matip to replace pique

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2019
eph12:

Even Perez can't stand the sight of him. Zidane will be sacked soon for bringing hidden to Real Madrid

OK, Ephraim Perez.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2019
lordfalcao:
if you don't understand , ask questions..

What I mean is, I will include one of vvd or matip to replace pique

You don dey get sense pass raumdeuter now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hazard haters are in Sifia pains. Wow.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
nateevs:

The day for constructive criticism was not Sunday. I don't understand the need for some "constructive criticism"..... over wetin? Losing 2-1 to the league leaders after losing our best player in the summer, hiring a rookie manager, getting slapped with a restriction on transfers, drafting untested players to the team on short notice, then going head-on with the best in the league, and matching them in every department?

At 85 minutes I see all the boys sprinting at break-neck speed, no single one of them wanted to lose the game, despite being fully aware that they were playing the league leaders. I see Tomori keeping a lid on Salah for 94 minutes. Even opposition fans were praising the display.

Despite all odds, Sunday was the day for praise. Some day in the future, constructive criticism will be highly desired.......Sunday was not one of those days.

What he was just saying is more like advising us not to be comfortable in failure else we become arsenal.
No wrong in that.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mapoka: 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
Massive L for all them haters

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hating on someone who doesn’t even know you exist. This is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neymar1095(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2019
Dem finally dash monkey banana
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
Oasis007:
grin
Ramdeuter is finally vindicated. This is worst ever FIFA XI IMO. It clearly shows that it's indeed a popularity Contest. Most of the Coaches and Captains voted based on Players' Names and Pedigrees.

Nonsense and Musa!

For 5 straight years I told you people all these awards are popularity contests any footballer who brags about awards won from voting is not worth his salt

If a footballer want to show his worth, let him do that with awards on the field. Attacking players with goals and assists, Defensive players with goals they prevented

No one can give a good reason why Marcelo, Modric and Ramos made it in the past 12 months and how Hazard suddenly became a midfielder for the purpose of awards, maybe next year they will place him with goalkeepers

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
E be like say Zidane sef know say na wayo voting

Miremoses1:
Zidane: "Hazard in the World 11? Like I said I didn't see it but I am happy for him. I won't say if they deserve it or not because the players have shown they deserve it and other voted. I have nothing else to say."

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
raumdeuter:
E be like say Zidane sef know say na wayo voting

Is Zidane among the prophets? Just one month with Hidden, Zidane has seen the light smh

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

For 5 straight years I told you people all these awards are popularity contests any footballer who brags about awards won from voting is not worth his salt

If a footballer want to show his worth, let him do that with awards on the field. Attacking players with goals and assists, Defensive players with goals they prevented

No one can give a good reason why Marcelo, Modric and Ramos made it in the past 12 months and how Hazard suddenly became a midfielder for the purpose of awards, maybe next year they will place him with goalkeepers

What do you think of the old Balon D'Or method where their player of the year was voted by journalists? I actually felt it was more credible than any other.
Does it fall in line with the popularity contest that you speak against?

And to be honest, I actually think no award is free from the popularity contest syndrome. I think in the end it comes down to how credible the voting is.

Your thoughts
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2019
hoopLA:
What do you think of the old Balon D'Or method where their player of the year was voted by journalists? I actually felt it was more credible than any other.
Does it fall in line with the popularity contest that you speak against?

And to be honest, I actually think no award is free from the popularity contest syndrome. I think in the end it comes down to how credible the voting is.

Your thoughts

Anything that has to do with voting always come with bias. So I don't trust any of them

Even if journalists are voting, those from a bola in Portugal won't vote Messi just to ensure Ronaldo wins and vice versa journalists in Argentina won't vote Ronaldo

Those that are voted by captain, If Ronaldo and Messi are in contention any teammate of Ronaldo whether at club or country who happens to be a captain might not vote Messi and vice versa

Clubs, National media and players lobby for these votes, So it basically becomes a vote of who I like against who I don't. All of us here and in the world have our biases and there are players we will not vote for

Beckham Ronaldinho retired and were still getting votes from some people. Just like in real life elections some people will always vote Buhari, Trump, Hillary, Obama etc even if he is in the hospital and on life support

I will rephrase your statement below and add

And to be honest, I actually think no award based on voting is free from the popularity contest syndrome. I think in the end it comes down to how credible the voting is.

Attackers let them be judged by goals scored and assists provided, Defensive players by the goals they prevent

You are best attacker? Show your working aka your goals and assists, you are best defender, show your working too

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

Anything that has to do with voting always come with bias. So I don't trust any of them

Even if journalists are voting, those from a bola in Portugal won't vote Messi just to ensure Ronaldo wins and vice versa journalists in Argentina won't vote Ronaldo

Those that are voted by captain, If Ronaldo and Messi are in contention any teammate of Ronaldo whether at club or country who happens to be a captain might not vote Messi and vice versa

Clubs, National media and players lobby for these votes, So it basically becomes a vote of who I like against who I don't. All of us here and in the world have our biases and there are players we will not vote for

Beckham Ronaldinho retired and were still getting votes from some people. Just like in real life elections some people will always vote Buhari, Trump, Hillary, Obama etc even if he is in the hospital and on life support

I will rephrase your statement below and add

And to be honest, I actually think no award based on voting is free from the popularity contest syndrome. I think in the end it comes down to how credible the voting is.

Attackers let them be judged by goals scored and assists provided, Defensive players by the goals they prevent

You are best attacker? Show your working aka your goals and assists, you are best defender, show your working too

Let's say, an attacker in Welsh league playing for The New Saints scores like 50 league goals enroute to them winning the league and another attacker playing in let's say the Italian league for Juventus scores 30 league goals. Would u say the TNS attacker should be regarded as a better forward and honoured with an award ahead of the Juventus attacker that only managed 30 goals?

This ur own logic is only flawed because football is not 1+1, it's not as straight forward as u put it...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2019
thorrvik55:

Let's say, an attacker in Welsh league playing for The New Saints scores like 50 league goals enroute to them winning the league and another attacker playing in let's say the Italian league for Juventus scores 30 league goals. Would u say the TNS attacker should be regarded as a better forward and honoured with an award ahead of the Juventus attacker that only managed 30 goals?

This ur own logic is only flawed because football is not 1+1, it's not as straight forward as u put it...
There is a weighing for the different league and measures the goals scored by leagues. Some are times 2, some 1.5 and some are 1

There is a Champions league where all top teams compete.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
Who's on Twitter here

This woman talk say Ivanovic dey carry una go hell fire shocked shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
Victornezzar:
Who's on Twitter here

she said she worshiped the devil for 990 years grin grin how old is she
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2019
snrman:
she said she worshiped the devil for 990 years grin grin how old is she
47yrs bro cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
Victornezzar:
Who's on Twitter here

She saw Ivanovic leading players with 'divers' items? cheesy

I'm so glad mofos like Salah who dive if an opponent breathes on them, have a place in hades grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
nihilistjnr:

She saw Ivanovic leading players with 'divers' items? cheesy

I'm so glad mofos like Salah who dive if an opponent breathes on them, have a place in hades grin
cheesy cheesy

You didn't see the part that she served Satan for 990 years
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

There is a weighing for the different league and measures the goals scored by leagues. Some are times 2, some 1.5 and some are 1

There is a Champions league where all top teams compete.

What factors determine this weighing?

What factors can be considered in rating one league higher than another?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2019
thorrvik55:
What factors determine this weighing?

What factors can be considered in rating one league higher than another?

The strenght of the league and their performance in Europe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2019
If attackers show their goals and assists, what will midfielders show? Raumdeuter.

Just because of Hazard. You had to be writing epistles upandan.

How about players that scores more because of the benefits of playing for a top club with good midfielders and wingers. If they ask you about iniesta now, you will let us know the football is not all about goals and assists

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2019
Emaprince:
If attackers show their goals and assists, what will midfielders show? Raumdeuter.

Just because of Hazard. You had to be writing epistles upandan.

How about players that scores more because of the benefits of playing for a top club with good midfielders and wingers. If they ask you about iniesta now, you will let us know the football is not all about goals and assists

Its simply what is your main job on the field and how are you doing it. Not ranking a defender by how many goals you score or a striker by how many goals you prevent

What is the job of a midfielder on the field and how well are you doing it. Kante and David Silva are midfielders but have different jobs on the field

So everyone complaining about the FIFA 11 is doing so because of Hazard? Shekpites will always Shekp

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2019
Kimbeast:

That’s not how this works, it is not an actual 11 with 2 cbs, 2 full backs . It’s just 4 defenders regardless of role, same as 3 midfielders, and 3 forwards. It could also have been 4 rightback/left back if fifa thought they were the best 4 defenders in the world. Ramos isn’t shoehorned at right back. Case in point, the ‘2nd xi’ has Dani Alves, Robertson, Trent, and Jordi Alba as the defenders. All fullbacks.
no matter how you spin it,ramos shouldn't be anywhere near a best xi of 2019.No madrid player for that matter.
How come Trent Alexander wasn't given the right seeing as he is an actual right back and probably had the best season.
But but let's shove a ramos who had a below average season as a CB to right back.
FIFA are bunch of jokes

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2019
raumdeuter:

The strenght of the league and their performance in Europe

Over a period of years of just for the year before or that current football year?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2019
thorrvik55:
Over a period of years of just for the year before or that current football year?

Over a long period of time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2019
Victornezzar:
Who's on Twitter here

This is stupidity at its peak?
I feel like crying knowing that there are a lot of individuals who will actually believe this crap or even wonder if her BS is possible.

Religious folks who can never question their beliefs are downright handicapped intellectually.

That woman belongs in a mental institution. Sadly, she's not alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7744) (7745) (7746) (7747) (7748) (7749) (7750) ... (19317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.