Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,023 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10478151 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8422) (8423) (8424) (8425) (8426) (8427) (8428) ... (19135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
Kimbeast:

It was obvious we never rated him good enough for the club long term plans so we just wanted to get profit out from him. 12million plus all the loan fees over the years for a player with 0 app for the club is pretty good business.

Not if you rate the player as a good player.

I did say when we signed Bakayoko that this guy was benching Bakayoko at Monaco the year prior so I don't see why we should honour another (false) prophet over our own.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ibime:

I did say when we signed Bakayoko that this guy was benching Bakayoko at Monaco the year prior so I don't see why we should honour another (false) prophet over our own.
Ok I still don't get your point. In a nut shell are you saying it's a bad deal because we are losing a quality player or the amount we are getting for him is not good enough?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ibime:

More like Ambrosini instead of Seedorf. Seedorf played slightly to the left in the famous diamond or Christmas tree while Gatusso played to the right but helping Ambrosini more
I didn't want to name the entire midfielders so I just listed 2 popular ones. I don't think ambrosini was a starter for Milan when Stam was still at the club. If I remember correctly ancelloti used a 2 striker pairing of Shevchenko and either inzaghi or Crespo back then with Kaka just behind them. Then you had Serdorf, Pirlo and Gattuso doing the bits in midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
airmark:

I only want Madrid to survive this round from Spain. Napoli should also do a number on those loudmouths from Barcelona too.
This one has no confidence in his team, it's only Madrid Liverpool and Barcelona his obsession. Bayern is waiting, another London club gaang baang loading

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2020
Kimbeast:

Ok I still don't get your point. In a nut shell are you saying it's a bad deal because we are losing a quality player or the amount we are getting for him is not good enough?

Yes, yes, yes.
Give him 2 years, Atlanta will cash out £60m on him and the Chelsea board will be gnashing their teeth in regret.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2020
Monkeyprick:

Yes, yes, yes.
Give him 2 years, Atlanta will cash out £60m on him and the Chelsea board will be gnashing their teeth in regret.

Won't be shocked if that deal has a buy back clause inside
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
Meanwhile thank God we are facing Bayern and not Atlanta cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2020
Our jand guys, what do you think about this new points-based immigration system in Her Majesty's country?

Cc Nihilistjnr Ibime Chic2pimp lexusgs430 and anyone else in the UK or otherwise who wishes to contribute...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 2:39pm On Feb 20, 2020
Unlimited22:
Our jand guys, what do you think about this new points-based immigration system in Her Majesty's country?

Cc Nihilistjnr Ibime Chic2pimp lexusgs430 and anyone else in the UK or otherwise who wishes to contribute...
That's what Canada and Australia does.. It makes more sense, time for Indians to full UK
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
Kimbeast:

The amount is not good enough for the quality he is said to have.

I have not seen him this season, but I have him down as a £25m player who has been dïcked around by unserious clubs looking for cheap loans (Milan, Monaco) and who could be rated a lot more highly than £12-15m if he was in a serious environment.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
Unlimited22:

A good development for the country.

How does in work out for you in Opthalmics field?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
Unlimited22:

It actually makes sense. On the surface, it looks like it's equal opportunity for everyone but I reckon some countries would still be favoured over others. If you have any interest in working in the UK, you should start applying now. A family friend of mine recently got in(October). She is a Nurse by profession btw.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 4:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
Skimpledawg:
Lol monkey grin
2005 Liverpool team defeated them coming from 3-0 down.. Even Deportivo la coruna smashed them 4-0 in the semis. They weren't unbeatable at all....far from it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
Kimbeast:
Cc chic2pimp

I saw this question on Twitter and remembered AC Milan once lined up with CAFU -STAM -NESTA -MAlDINI With GATTUSO AND SEEDORF Protecting them. What a mad set up.

Memories Bro. One of the reasons why I can't just easily switch teams and stop supporting Milan. Trust me it's not for a lack of trying. Other teams simply don't stir the same emotions in me like Milan do.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
raumdeuter:

Liverpool have been losing games in Europe and not losing in the league

The league opponents are posting points haul which is the lowest in recent years
We've seen that it is historically impossible to win both in Europe and the league. No team has ever done this so why do you expect it from Liverpool?

But the gap between the 3rd and the 15th is arguably the closest it's ever been. Nobody has had an answer for Liverpool same way nobody had answer for Pep not long ago
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
Unlimited22:

Points based system is not new.

It is at least 20 years old. I don't know why they keep trying to sell it as a new development
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Was HSMP not points based too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Are we re-opening services like this CEO?

Yeah Dawg, it's a good initiative. We can act now and take advantage of the untapped market opportunities.

However, internal resources have to be present before we can make a move forward and cease those available opportunities. Internal resources such as depth of management, skilled employees, financial strength, facilities, equipment, location, channels etc.

You know what, let's get to work. I'm done holidaying with Mukina in Asaba. Let's start providing warehousing and distribution services again, along with services and technology that track and manage shipments and inventory.

Cobham Express™ - Big or Small, We Can Handle It All.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2020
A40:
We've seen that it is historically impossible to win both in Europe and the league. No team has ever done this so why do you expect it from Liverpool?

But the gap between the 3rd and the 15th is arguably the closest it's ever been. Nobody has had an answer for Liverpool same way nobody had answer for Pep not long ago

when you now see a team having 96% winning in one competition and 57% winning in the other one. What can we deduce
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
Greatihex:
now you are sounding funny with the bolded.

Do you think it is impossible to have another team with a good form? That when City and pool are amassing points, the other team will not amass points too?
Good form yato si historical form. It's not possible to have more than two teams play at such a high level. We have not seen it before and it's not by accident

Greatihex:

Now, let us take the season conte won the league with Chelsea for example.

Don't you think that Chelsea would have also run away with the league if Tottenham and Manchester City didn't put up any kind of challenge?
Arsenal and Liverpool were also having a team that is strong.
Chelsea would have ran away with the league if they won 25 of their first 26 matches. Period

What part of the bar has been raised too high do you not understand?

I have shown you that City's best performance in the last 110 years is the only result that will be within 10 points of this Liverpool so what Okoto meow challenge are you talking about?

Greatihex:

In short, if you think that there is no way another team would have been as strong as Liverpool and City last season in the league, then there is no point having this argument, because you have decided to throw your reasoning away just because you think that I am hating on Liverpool and you want to do anything to defend them.
There is no way. And if there is the sensible thing would be to show me instead of yarnin all this Okoto meow kutukutu meow skrrrrrrrr skrr

Since you started watching EPL which year have you seen 3 teams finish on 90 something points.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
raumdeuter:

when you now see a team having 96% winning in one competition and 57% winning in the other one. What can we deduce
That the CL is a tougher competition. Which we already knew
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Points based system is not new.

It is at least 20 years old. I don't know why they keep trying to sell it as a new development

Well apparently over 70% of EU migrants currently residing in the UK would not have qualified under this new system.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
Griffon:

Yeah Dawg, it's a good initiative. We can act now and take advantage of the untapped market opportunities.

However, internal resources have to be present before we can make a move forward and cease those available opportunities. Internal resources such as depth of management, skilled employees, financial strength, facilities, equipment, location, channels etc.

You know what, let's get to work. I'm done holidaying with Mukina in Asaba. Let's start providing warehousing and distribution services again, along with services and technology that track and manage shipments and inventory.

Cobham Express™ - Big or Small, We Can Handle It All.
Too much story boss.

The big question is; how do we get to be paid all our allowances and salaries owed over years after we went bankrupt? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ibime:

It's interesting to note that since Bakayoko became a starter, even at Milan and Monaco he doesn't chop bench he is still a starter

Maybe because he plays DM, but he is still more valuable than pasalic FOR NOW
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
A40:
That the CL is a tougher competition. Which we already knew

96% to 57% is too wide a gulf, Any team that has such records is probably playing in a farmers league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TeflonBlixx: 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
Quick question..

What if in the nearest future, Pep Guardiola signs for Chelsea( and he succeeds)?

Will it change the narrative?

Just wondering out loud cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
TeflonBlixx:
Quick question..

What if in the nearest future, Pep Guardiola signs for Chelsea( and he succeeds)?

It can never happen bro...

If the 2015/2016 Chelsea team that won the league needed 11 new players for Pep to do his magic, this current Chelsea would need a complete overall of the full first team, reserve and even U21 b4 Pep would consider signing for Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
raumdeuter:

96% to 57% is too wide a gulf, Any team that has such records is probably playing in a farmers league
Loool. 26 games vs 7. Hardly a fair comparison of sample size

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
raumdeuter:

85% of Liverpool's EPL opponents did not qualify for UCL.

If only 15% of Liverpool's EPL opponents are good enough to compete in UCL, it explains the sudden drop in win percentage.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
A40:

Good form yato si historical form. It's not possible to have more than two teams play at such a high level. We have not seen it before and it's not by accident

Chelsea would have ran away with the league if they won 25 of their first 26 matches. Period

What part of the bar has been raised too high do you not understand?

I have shown you that City's best performance in the last 110 years is the only result that will be within 10 points of this Liverpool so what Okoto meow challenge are you talking about?

There is no way. And if there is the sensible thing would be to show me instead of yarnin all this Okoto meow kutukutu meow skrrrrrrrr skrr

Since you started watching EPL which year have you seen 3 teams finish on 90 something points.
how do you think Chelsea would have won 25 out of 26 when they had a Liverpool, arsenal and Tottenham that was strong enough to at least take some points from them?

How do you think Chelsea would be topping with 22 points when they had a Tottenham and City that could amass much points as to not be 22 points behind?

I don't think you really understand the argument.
The argument is not about whether Liverpool would have won in any other season or not, but that the form and point gap wouldn't have been what it is for Liverpool today, if the other team were not shit this season.

Period! I am done with this argument.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
nihilistjnr:

85% of Liverpool's EPL opponents did not qualify for UCL.

If only 15% of Liverpool's EPL opponents are good enough to compete in UCL, it explains the sudden drop in win percentage.

Of these 15% of Liverpool EPL opponents good enough to play in the CL, Liverpool has played them them 5 times this season won all. 100% win rate vs EPL teams good enough to make CL

They played others from Europe 7 times and won 4 57% win rate vs from rest of Europe

Farmers league right there

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
TeflonBlixx:
Quick question..

succeed in what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8422) (8423) (8424) (8425) (8426) (8427) (8428) ... (19135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AirBay, femianski, rooftops, andrewbaba44, airmark(m), toluxe0075 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.