Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,276 members, 7,829,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10585841 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8419) (8420) (8421) (8422) (8423) (8424) (8425) ... (19238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

The same metric EPL fans used to tag a league farmers league is what I am using

When Spain was dominating the entire CL and Europa that didn't stop EPL fans from calling it a farmers league

I am giving Liverpool their credit but putting in context that their lead wont be this much if other teams were decent

Let me ask, WIll Liverpool be topping by 25 points if other teams are not having a horrible season?
Well I didn't agree then so why should I tow that line now?

If you agree that you don't reason like the average EPL fan then why use the same metric they use instead of just acknowledging the team in question is just the best at that point in time

When teams in their best season in history would have still been 7-15 points behind this Liverpool then why are we fixated on any season they are having now when we have already established that even their best will not be good enough
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
A40:
And since then nko? The team was building and getting stronger. Instead of acknowledging this team has probably hit his peak and the dominance is what is being manifested you guys are playa hating
for your information, I respect klopp a lot. In fact, for me, he is the best manager.
Liverpool is a great team, but the tally they have this season is help by the weaker competition.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
A40:
Was the league weak when City won with 19pts ahead of United? Let's know how long the EPL has been weak
yes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
A40:
Well I didn't agree then so why should I tow that line now?

If you agree that you don't reason like the average EPL fan then why use the same metric they use instead of just acknowledging the team in question is just the best at that point in time

When teams in their best season in history would have still been 7-15 points behind this Liverpool then why are we fixated on any season they are having now when we have already established that even their best will not be good enough

A team can be the best and still have easier opponents

Usain Bolt can be the best and still face a weak field, they are not mutually exclusive

Liverpool would probably be topping most league this season but I doubt they will have a 25popints advantage over any league this season

Even in previous seasons in the EPL I doubt this would happen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
EPL clubs are competitive in their league ...

La liga clubs are competitive in Europe competition....

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Greatihex:
yes
you realised that's a trick question?
You fell yakata for it.

The year man city won the league with 19 point was the year an english team actually got to final ucl since 2012

The following year, 4 english teams got to finals in europe.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

[s]A team can be the best and still have easier opponents

Usain Bolt can be the best and still face a weak field, they are not mutually exclusive[/s]

Liverpool would probably be topping most league this season [s]but I doubt they will have a 25popints advantage over any league this season

Even in previous seasons in the EPL I doubt this would happen[/s]

Good of you. Especially Burnthisleaguedown and la liga.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Var has serious problems in this country

How will Ref not blow for this kind of foul?

That's what they did yesterday too.

It's like VAR considers all balls to be in play

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
nihilistjnr:

grin

Rudiger should take note. He should start kicking all balls.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Unlimited22

What do you think.

This was in the penalty box o. Nothing blown

Another agenda agendating?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ishilove: 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2020
nihilistjnr:

All he needed was to give those balls a good squeeze.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

A team can be the best and still have easier opponents

Usain Bolt can be the best and still face a weak field, they are not mutually exclusive

Liverpool would probably be topping most league this season but I doubt they will have a 25popints advantage over any league this season

Even in previous seasons in the EPL I doubt this would happen
So what really is the gripe? Is it the points gap?

If it is then you guys are facing the wrong issue, the emphasis should be on the form of Liverpool and not the perceived failures of the other teams.

This is not a scenario where the rivals would be challenging if they were at their best. Even at their best they would still all be behind Liverpool by some margins. So it doesn't matter at all

What we should be praising is Liverpool's form
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
Totteham really struggling against leipzig. Injury don do them strong thing.

Mancity wasteful as usual.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Greatihex:
for your information, I respect klopp a lot. In fact, for me, he is the best manager.
Liverpool is a great team, but the tally they have this season is help by the weaker competition.
There is no competition that would have kept up with Liverpool. None

I don't think we should water down their feats
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
In my mind I want Ampadu to perform & not concede, but also want spurs to win so to reduce them Dayo’s crew amalalotrics here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
This Aurier na pipe. His wing is so free
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
KDB never disappoints my fpl
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
A40:
So what really is the gripe? Is it the points gap?

If it is then you guys are facing the wrong issue, the emphasis should be on the form of Liverpool and not the perceived failures of the other teams.

This is not a scenario where the rivals would be challenging if they were at their best. Even at their best they would still all be behind Liverpool by some margins. So it doesn't matter at all

What we should be praising is Liverpool's form

Liverpool is unbeaten they are 25-1-0 They only have that ridiculous stats because they are playing weak opponents in the league

That is the point
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
Thecassanova:
KDB never disappoints my fpl
me praying that kdb shouldn't get too much point tonight. The person I'm up against in head to head has him as captain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
you realised that's a trick question?
You fell yakata for it.

The year man city won the league with 19 point was the year an english team actually got to final ucl since 2012

The following year, 4 english teams got to finals in europe.

no. i did not fall for anything.

i am one of those who don't totally agree that performance in europe is a reflection of the strength of a team or the competitiveness of a league.

if you ask me i will say teams in the ucl have fallen short of their own standard too.

take a look at clubs that used to be considered favourites before the ucl began; you can't even be sure that they will make it to semis again.
i am talking of teams like bayern, madrid and barca.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
IamD18:

Liverpool won UCL last season, did other Ucl contenders struggled?
yes, they did.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
me praying that kdb shouldn't get too much point tonight. The person I'm up against in head to head has him as captain.
Omo na very hard prayer be that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 10:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Cc kimbeast.

LMFAO.....Atlanta are a big threat to any team in this champions league. Your old bastard is working wonders.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
Jesus na waste pipe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
A40:
There is no competition that would have kept up with Liverpool. None

I don't think we should water down their feats
man city hit 98 points last season with just liverpool as competition and pool get up with them. what do you think would have happened if the league last season had 2 other liverpools at that level?

you just making it sound like Angels are playing for liverpool and that whatever level the other teams would have been at; liverpool will still top everyone with 22 points.

No
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Greatihex:
no. i did not fall for anything.

i am one of those who don't totally agree that performance in europe is a reflection of the strength of a team or the competitiveness of a league.

if you ask me i will say teams in the ucl have fallen short of their own standard too.

take a look at clubs that used to be considered favourites before the ucl began; you can't even be sure that they will make it to semis again.
i am talking of teams like bayern, madrid and barca.

Since you are not using ucl, tell me,
the year conte won the league, was epl competitive?

Competitiveness has nothing to do with the number of points a team won the league with. It is just a record to show how incredible the winning team was.
There will always be incredible teams that will equal or set another incredible record.

Its about what other teams are willing to do to catch up to you the current winner.

Bayern has been winning the league since god knows when. I don't even know any team in germany that can stop them. Same goes for italy. Which other team apart from juventus.

La liga, it is either madrid or barca.

Last decade in england, more than 4 teams won the league, can you say the same for any other top league in europe?.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
JM don labour these Spurs players Kai. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
Penalty. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
Thecassanova:
Omo na very hard prayer be that
prayer answered wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
Clear Penalty
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
prayer answered wink
Who did you cap?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Thecassanova:
Who did you cap?
na that mumu salah

(1) (2) (3) ... (8419) (8420) (8421) (8422) (8423) (8424) (8425) ... (19238) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Silentgroper(m), jpmoriarti(m), KanielOutis92, adexeli(m), Babamide(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.