Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10452219 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8612) (8613) (8614) (8615) (8616) (8617) (8618) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TeeBabss(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
gensteejay:

Generally, people are not taking it seriously in Ibadan, but the police are ensuring residents adhere to the 7–6 curfew.

Everywhere is dry around UI environs here throughout today, and it's even worse in the night.

The same thing happened yesterday.

Apart from COV, I hope cultists won't use this opportunity to start buggling homes around.

The streets are too deserted at night, even as early as 8PM.

UI area and all these cultists gist sha, I fear o

Well, it's good that people are adhering to the 7-6 curfew, but interstate movement has not been effective
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
iamoyindamola:
I'm more concerned about stealing during this period because hungry man is an angry man
The stupid lock down can't work in Nigeria, where basic amenities are lacking.

In my area around UI, power outage has been going on for over 16 hours now, and the heat is intense.

How long can one stay at home when light no dey? It can't work.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
TeeBabss:

UI area and all these cultists gist sha, I fear o

Well, it's good that people are adhering to the 7-6 curfew, but interstate movement has not been effective

Cultists at UI area? I thought it's Apete and other poly environs, that are more proned.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
gensteejay:

In my area around UI, power outage has been going on for over 16 hours now, and the heat is intense.

If the army or any of the other members of the armed forces are drafted to enforce the stay at home, trust me if will work.

Nigerians fear members of the armed forces than even witches & wizards

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
BlueRayDick:

If the army or any of the other members of the armed forces are drafted to enforce the stay at home, trust me if will work.

Nigerians fear members of the armed forces than even witches & wizards
Why would they enforce it when the Oyo state government hasn't provided any palliatives for the people?

We can't go out to work, yet to stay at home and work from home is difficult when outages last several hours.

The lock down isn't simply sustainable in a country like Nigeria.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TeeBabss(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
airmark:

Cultists at UI area? I thought it's Apete and other poly environs, that are more proned.

Apete, Agbowo, Sango sha
Not necessarily UI students sef, those areas just dey somehow
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
airmark:

There are many of them in Agbowo, directly opposite UI Gate.

Many homes in that area were burgled during the last Christmas/New Year season. My friend almost lost his life when they robbed his house, along with several other houses in the neighborhood, in the midnight of December 25.

He did his Christmas at UCH.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
gensteejay:

Same here
No light since morning, but we have to make it work uncle Coro must go abeg cheesy
I miss everything normal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Same here
No light since morning, but we have to make it work uncle Coro must go abeg cheesy
I miss everything normal
Yea, but face mask and gloves are there if one must go out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
gensteejay:

There many of them in Agbowo, directly opposite UI Gate.

Many homes in that area were burgled during last Christmas/New Year season. My friend almost lost his life when they robbed his house, along with several other houses in the neighborhood, on the midnight of December 25.

He did his Christmas at UCH.

Wow, that reminds me.

@ larride, i learnt that Buhari ordered everyone including vigilante security groups to return their firearms, and none must carry guns while securing the neighbourhoods. This is exposing the citizens to easy attacks by robbers.

Like gensteejay recounted, i almost lost an uncle last december too. Robbers came, the security guards saw them but could only alert the people while they also ran for cover.
The robbers raided the area, stabbed and shot some. Police came 30mins after they left.

Don't you think this is a stupid order from the government? Now citizens are defenceless and police will not come to their rescue, giving no fuel, flat tyre and other annoying excuses . These are the things that get many angry about some decisions/policies of this government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
gensteejay:

Why would they enforce it when the Oyo state government hasn't provided any palliatives for the people?

We can't go out to work, yet to stay at home and work from home is difficult when outages last several hours.

The lock down isn't simply sustainable in a country like Nigeria.

What would u suggest instead to curtail further spread of the virus. Bear in mind how people in crowded places like bus stops, markets etc can easily lead to spread of the virus over a large population.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
Emaprince:
This corona of a thing dey make person fear any how sha.

I'm coughing now....and I just dey suspect myself

undecided undecided

Is it a dry or wet cough?

Guy take chloroquine early if you have it oh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
BlueRayDick:

What would u suggest instead to curtail further spread of the virus. Bear in mind how people in crowded places like bus stops, markets etc can easily lead to spread of the virus over a large population.
The power supply is extremely poor, and Oyo state government can toe the same path as Lagos as regards organizing giveaways for residents.

Suspension of VAT by FG. Suspension of the planned hike in electricity charges. Doing mass testing for COV like South Africa is planning to start.

(It's not as if my suggestions will work anyway.)

What's the point of a lock down when only a very small percentage of the Nigerian population are tested and treated if positive?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
iamoyindamola:
I want to believe some people maybe immune to it, I also read somewhere O+ have 80% chance to recover than any blood group

No that's wrong. The margins are not that good.

Although people with Type O blood make up 34% of China's population, Covid patients with Type O blood were 25% of the total patients. That would indicate they are slightly less susceptible but by no means anything close to immune.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
gensteejay:

The power supply is extremely poor, and Oyo state government can toe the same path as Lagos as regards organizing giveaways for residents.

Suspension of VAT by FG. Suspension of the planned hike in electricity charges. Doing mass testing for COV like South Africa is planning to start.

(It's not as if my suggestions will work anyway.)

What's the point of a lock down when only a very small percentage of the Nigerian population are tested and treated if positive?

Honestly I think if you wait for all things u listed up there to come to fruition before restricting movement, I'm afraid you will have so many infected people walking around and when the symptoms come out full blown we will have a disaster on our hands.

I don't think the state government controls the power supply, I believe there is a private company who is charge of that; just like we have in Lagos ( Ikeja Electric & EKDC)

As for the giveaways/food package, I don't know about the financial buoyancy of Oyo State but I'm not sure Oyo State is anywhere near Lagos as far as availability of funds is concerned. Even Lagos State with over 15 million residents will only be catering for 200,000.

I believe the issue of mass testing not being the right move has already been discussed here. It was suggested that it is best people who have recent travel history or have contact with people who do and experinecing symptoms should be tested. Thos is to conserve the limited testing materials available(the scarcity of testing materials is not peculiar to Nigeria alone)

The pix below captures my thought on this whole stay at home order

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Honestly I think if you wait for all things u listed up there to come to fruition before restricting movement, I'm afraid you will have so many infected people walking around and when the symptoms come out full blown we will have a disaster on our hands.

I don't think the state government controls the power supply, I believe there is a private company who is charge of that; just like we have in Lagos ( Ikeja Electric & EKDC)

As for the giveaways/food package, I don't know about the financial buoyancy of Oyo State but I'm sure Oyo State is anywhere Lagos as far as availability of funds is concerned. Even Lagos State with over 15 million residents will only be catering for 200,000.

I believe the issue of mass testing not being the right move has already been discussed here. It was suggested that it is best people who have recent travel history or have contact with people who do and experinecing symptoms should be tested. Thos is to conserve the limited testing materials available(the scarcity of testing materials is not peculiar to Nigeria alone)
So how sustainable do you think the lock down is for a country like Nigeria?

You think it won't go beyond 2 weeks? Can the masses survive?

Do you honestly believe we have just 131 cases in the country as NCDC states?

Much more cases will still be discovered, and at the moment, I don't think Nigeria even has less than 2000–3000 cases of COV.

The main problem is, the people tested are too few, and others, who are asymptomatic and haven't been tested, are spreading the virus in their home, street (when they buy things from nearby shops), etc.

The lock down alone can't do much when the majority of Nigerians live in "face-to-face" apartments.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
gensteejay:

So how sustainable do you think the lock down is for a country like Nigeria?

You think it won't go beyond 2 weeks? Can the masses survive?

Do you honestly believe we have just 131 cases in the country as NCDC states?

Much more cases will still be discovered, and at the moment, I don't think Nigeria even has less than 2000–3000 cases of COV.

The main problem is, the people tested are too few, and others, who are asymptomatic and haven't been tested, are spreading the virus in their home, street (when they buy things from nearby shops), etc.

The lock down alone can't do much when the majority of Nigerians live in "face-to-face" apartments.

The lock down won't make the virus disappear, but it will slow down its spread. Let people stay home, show symptoms of the virus and get tested and treated. Allowing people move about spreading the virus will spell doom for us all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
BlueRayDick:

The lock down won't make the virus disappear, but it will slow down its spread. Let people stay home, show symptoms of the virus and get tested and treated. Allowing people move about spreading the virus will spell doom for us all.
Mass testing the best weapon against Covid-19

Mass testing could be one of the most cost-effective public health interventions that governments could implement. Indeed, as noted by the director-general of the WHO, Tedros Adhanom, “Asking people to stay at home and shutting down population movement is buying time and reducing the pressure on health systems. But on their own, these measures will not extinguish epidemics.... Aggressive measures to find, isolate, test, treat and trace are not only the best and fastest way out of extreme social and economic restrictions, they’re also the best way to prevent them.”

Mass testing allows for early detection of infection in individuals so that these individuals can be isolated before they spread the infection to others. This strategy was crucial to South Korea’s containment of an outbreak of MERS in 2015. With Covid-19, South Korea again employed aggressive mass testing efforts followed with contact tracing and isolation, and so far has been one of a handful of countries to see a decline in the number of new infections.

gensteejay:
https://www.nairaland.com/5765180/switzerland-discards-lockdown-goes-mass#87936381

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/23/coronavirus-pandemic-south-korea-italy-mass-testing-covid19-will-keep-spreading/
Did you go through the links above? Any serious efforts to contain the virus spread need to involve mass testing, then isolating and treating confirmed cases.

The excuse of FG about not having enough funds to do mass testing isn't tenable. Lock down alone can't do much in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ibime:

Is it a dry or wet cough?

Guy take chloroquine early if you have it oh.

not dry anyway. I need to take small chloroquine tomorrow
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
FG needs to copy the South African government.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
airmark:

Wow, that reminds me.

@ larride, i learnt that Buhari ordered everyone including vigilante security groups to return their firearms, and none must carry guns while securing the neighbourhoods. This is exposing the citizens to easy attacks by robbers.

Like gensteejay recounted, i almost lost an uncle last december too. Robbers came, the security guards saw them but could only alert the people while they also ran for cover.
The robbers raided the area, stabbed and shot some. Police came 30mins after they left.

Don't you think this is a stupid order from the government? Now citizens are defenceless and police will not come to their rescue, giving no fuel, flat tyre and other annoying excuses . These are the things that get many angry about some decisions/policies of this government.

I’m just hearing about this from you. Buhari did not make that pronounciation yesterday, let me check if he just made some adjustment to it today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
nihilistjnr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kno5T4y5SBY

Cc ibime Chic2Pimp

Una don see this one?

Not even Bro. Need to check it out still. Be right back
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
gensteejay:
FG needs to copy the South African government.

You do know Nigeria population is x4 of South Africa right? Where will the money to do this come from considering our current realities?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
Egungun be careful starting from tomorrow ooo.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
larride:

You do know Nigeria population is x4 of South Africa right? Where will the money to do this come from considering our current realities?
Can the masses survive this lock down for more than 2 weeks? Or you think Covid-19 will be eradicated in 2 weeks?

The government doesn't have money to buy enough test kits to do a lot more tests, but house of reps and senators could spend millions of dollars on new cars.

Any lock down in Nigeria that goes beyond 2 weeks could lead to a breakdown of law and order, anarchy. Hunger could kill faster than COV.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
@ airmark

It’s Fake News. Nothing of such.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:00am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:

Can the masses survive this lock down for more than 2 weeks? Or you think Covid-19 will be eradicated in 2 weeks?

The government doesn't have money to buy enough test kits to do a lot more tests, but house of reps and senators could spend millions of dollars on new cars.

Any lock down in Nigeria that goes beyond 2 weeks could lead to a breakdown of law and order, anarchy. Hunger could kill faster than COV.

Calm down bros. There won’t be breakdown of law and order or anarchy.

Lagos State did share food items to Resident of the states today through LASRRA.

What solution do you suggest?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:02am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:

Just watch how people will stay put for that 2 weeks. Nobody would disobey the army except maybe Boko Haram.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2020
larride:

Calm down bros.

Lagos State did share food items to Resident of the states today through LASSRA.

What solution do you suggest?
I have stated that already from the links above, as recommended by WHO.

Mass testing is the way forward, coupled with isolating and treating confirmed cases.

The lock down alone can't do much.

Currently on Worldometer, the US has over 17k new cases today. They couldn't discover these by testing scanty people as we do here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Just watch how people will stay put for that 2 weeks. Nobody would disobey the army except maybe Boko Haram.
What happens after 2 weeks? Will COV only last for the next 2 weeks?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8612) (8613) (8614) (8615) (8616) (8617) (8618) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.