Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10541389 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8613) (8614) (8615) (8616) (8617) (8618) (8619) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:10am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:

I have stated that already from the links above, as recommended by WHO.

Mass testing is the way forward, coupled with isolating and treating confirmed cases.

The lock down alone can't do much.

Currently on Worldometer, the US has over 17k new cases today. They couldn't discover these by testing scanty people as we do here.

But that’s what we are currently doing. Self isolate - develop symptoms - Test - Isolation Center for treatment.

The only difference is that we don’t have the capacity for mass testing. We don’t have the money. Our best bet to beat this is to prevent community spread which I’m praying to God hasn’t happened in Ibadan or even Lagos.

The lockdown will slow the spread and help government to continue the targeting testing. It’s easy to track contact of confirmed cases during a lockdown.

Each state govt. will have to come up with a relief package for resident of their states.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 31, 2020
larride:

But that’s what we are currently doing. Self isolate - develop symptoms - Test - Isolation Center for treatment.

The only difference is that we don’t have the capacity for mass testing. We don’t have the money. Our best bet to beat this is to prevent community spread which I’m praying to God hasn’t happened in Ibadan or even Lagos.

The lockdown will slow the spread and help government to continue the targeting testing. It’s easy to track contact of confirmed cases during a lockdown.

Each state govt. will have to come up with a relief package for resident of their states.
One can only hope for the best. Nigeria na lost case, we no get proactive government. All we have are looters in high places.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:26am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:

What happens after 2 weeks? Will COV only last for the next 2 weeks?

It’s even better that the lockdown is coming at the end of the month where salaries would have been paid. If the govt still need to continue the lockdown after the initial 2 weeks period, they will work out something.

For example during these period, IDP camps will get 2 months good rations in during this period.

Ministry of finance also announced they will pay the poor and vulnerable households of the society through the National social register. The payment will be paid through the conditional cash transfer (CCT). Over 10m people are currently enrolled in the social national register in over 400 LGA.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:27am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:

One can only hope for the best. Nigeria na lost case, we no get proactive government. All we have are looters in high places.

This is where I will exit the conversation.

Stay safe bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 1:04am On Mar 31, 2020
Party man cool
For everyone's sake, we sha hope they get it right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Ibime:
I read a report that makes me believe politicians are experiencing mild Coro symptoms because they tend to catch a low viral load from handshaking, giving their immune system more time to react. . . . as compared to health and emergency workers who are dying in high numbers because they ingest high viral loads from patients in the workplace through coughing, aerosol disturbance etc. For example I found out Spain lost 800 police officers already. Afrodoc2 wetin you think?

There is some sense to that. Viral load and viral shedding matters, and the health workers are CONSTANTLY exposed to very sick people who likely have a higher viral load and shedding more viruses than asymptomatic individuals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:13am On Mar 31, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
https://www.nairaland.com/5764410/us-approves-chloroquine-phosphate-treating

Afrodoc2, what do you say to this?

It is a good idea. The data on the efficacy of Chloroquine is still inconclusive at this time, but there is no time to waste on lengthy clinical trials.

It is not a new drug so at least we know it is relatively safe at therapeutic doses, therefore all we need to find out is if it works against this virus.

In the absence of a better treatment there is no alternative but to use the patients as guinea pigs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:22am On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 31, 2020
larride:

It’s even better that the lockdown is coming at the end of the month where salaries would have been paid. If the govt still need to continue the lockdown after the initial 2 weeks period, they will work out something.

For example during these period, IDP camps will get 2 months good rations in during this period.

Ministry of finance also announced they will pay the poor and vulnerable households of the society through the National social register. The payment will be paid through the conditional cash transfer (CCT). Over 10m people are currently enrolled in the social national register in over 400 LGA.
That looks like a good initiative on paper, but I don't know anyone in my vicinity in SW here that knows much about such a program and has registered for it.

It's only seen in the news.

It looks like a party thing, not meant for the common man in need.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:01am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:

That looks like a good initiative on paper, but I don't know anyone in my vicinity in SW here that knows much about such a program and has registered for it.

Never heard of such thing before.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:01am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:

It’s meant for the poor of the poor. Mostly those in rural areas. You cannot get poor and most vulnerable through social media or the internet, the best place to get them through to them is through each ward in local government.

There’s also plan to include those that earn daily wage that will be affected during this lockdown.

See screenshot from the minister of humanitarian affairs.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:06am On Mar 31, 2020
If you are in Lagos and you want to get tested for free, the National Institute of Medical Research has started free testing since yesterday.

Because of the lockdown and social distancing, you have to fill form and wait to be given a date to come for the test.

https://nimr.covid.com.ng

Pls fill the form with correct details. You can share it with anyone you know that stay in Lagos.

Stay safe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:42am On Mar 31, 2020
larride:

I’m just hearing about this from you. Buhari did not make that pronounciation yesterday, let me check if he just made some adjustment to it today.

I didn't say he made it yesterday. I only learnt that last december that everyone with guns even licensed, will be arrested if found.

That's why amotekun are also not allowed to carry arms. Do your DD.

larride:
@ airmark

It’s Fake News. Nothing of such.

What's fake news?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 9:07am On Mar 31, 2020
obainojazz:
Party man cool
For everyone's sake, we sha hope they get it right.
Person dey engage am for balanced yarn cheesy

No money but government dey buy car and others.

I like party man on football matters but when it comes to government and their policies, it's a no go area.

I'll like his takes when APC eventually leaves power. I'll wait for that day like the coming of Christ.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 9:10am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:

APC and PDP, especially APC have good policies on paper but we no dey see them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:16am On Mar 31, 2020
I can picture Corona virus sitting cross legged on a very soft sofa with a smile on his face while Seyi Makinde was waxing his first single in the video below grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3vG8lnUj9Y

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 9:23am On Mar 31, 2020
Sending money to the poorest households.

Who are these poorest?

Was that how it was done in other nations?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2020
odizeey:
Sending money to the poorest households.

Who are these poorest?

Was that how it was done in other nations?
lmaooooooo who are the poorest,even the almajiris can't claim poorest grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 31, 2020
Audio money
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:29am On Mar 31, 2020
BlueRayDick:
I can picture Corona virus sitting cross legged on a very soft sofa with a smile on his face while Seyi Makinde was waxing his first single in the video below grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3vG8lnUj9Y
Our politicians are magicians, they appear intelligent before election and completely lose the whole sense when in power.
Just look at this bros publicly spreading lies to his people about corona
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2020
iamoyindamola:
lmaooooooo who are the poorest,even the almajiris can't claim poorest grin
I'm weak. No be all of us dey sokpan this period?

The Lagos state package no even reach my area close to badagry. You can imagine how broke people are around here. But we dey see am for telly for island. Corona virus kill them.

It's not by force to help. After all we are in a "regime".

Na to enter bush dey pluck fruit o. Cos if you even get shop nobody go come buy this period. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2020
odizeey:

I'm weak. No be all of us dey sokpan this period?

The Lagos state package no even reach my area close to badagry. You can imagine how broke people are around here. But we dey see am for telly for island. Corona virus kill them.

It's not by force to help. After all we are in a "regime".

Na to enter bush dey pluck fruit o. Cos if you even get shop nobody go come buy this period. cheesy
Na to they look o

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5765708/electricity-tariff-increase-wednesday-despite

Electricity tariff hike to start tomorrow, despite the lockdown. Useless country, light never blink for here going to 2 days now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Our politicians are magicians, they appear intelligent before election and completely lose the whole sense when in power.
Just look at this bros publicly spreading lies to his people about corona

I think what he's saying in the video is from the place of ignorance. He probably thought it was just all propaganda till the virus come visit am for house.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:43am On Mar 31, 2020
gensteejay:
https://www.nairaland.com/5765708/electricity-tariff-increase-wednesday-despite

Electricity tariff hike to start tomorrow, despite the lockdown. Useless country, light never blink for here for about 2 days ago.
Targeted at those not using prepaid meter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:46am On Mar 31, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I think what he's saying in the video is from the place of ignorance. He probably thought it was just all propaganda till the virus come visit am for house.
I heard he apologized grin
Him egungun Dan enter express motor jam am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2020
airmark:

I didn't say he made it yesterday. I only learnt that last december that everyone with guns even licensed, will be arrested if found.

What's fake news?

You're actually right.

I think it was last year...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 31, 2020
eph12:

Targeted at those not using prepaid meter.
The majority of power users in Nigeria don't have prepaid meters.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:56am On Mar 31, 2020
iamoyindamola:
I heard he apologized grin
Him egungun Dan enter express motor jam am

I guess the people accepted his apology, but Corona didn't grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:57am On Mar 31, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I guess the people accepted his apology, but Corona didn't grin
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2020
airmark:

What's fake news?

No sir.

No one see the executive order signed by Buhari. The Presidency never announced it. It was a rumor that went around social media which the govt never confirm or deny.

Even the police claimed they are not aware of such order.

Here’s a screenshot and link from what I can reasonable gather.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201906060338.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (8613) (8614) (8615) (8616) (8617) (8618) (8619) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: abimcdssi, AirBay and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.