Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10697431 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8680) (8681) (8682) (8683) (8684) (8685) (8686) ... (19355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Nah I know that,

I was pointing out that the only place we saw the word was in Latin.

Africa as a word did not exist anywhere else. That's why I initially asked him in what language does Afri mean black man
I never said "Afri means black man." I stated Afri was a black man.

On Afri, "this name seems to have originally referred to a native Libyan tribe, an ancestor of modern Berbers." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa

That quote from Wikipedia shows the account in that book I posted above has some truth.

By the time you read the whole book, Google many claims the guy makes, compare it with related books and articles written by some other authors, you will see his account is truthful.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Oh... you're actually even quoting a nairaland post to back your submission. grin

Aite cool bro. Enjoy.
Lol. Yes now. The book even has a PDF version. Is Nairaland a poor source of information?

Does that matter? If I posted the conclusion of an Israeli professor of history from his book on the history of humanity, who says that humanity (homo sapiens) started from East Africa; would that carry more weight as a piece of evidence, when you don't even know the content of the literature?

The real question, are there pieces of evidence supporting the claims? Not the medium.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
This one is a bit tricky...

No it's not
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
Greatihex:
https://www.nairaland.com/5790061/nadine-goncalves-dating-tiago-ramos

Apples can never fall far from the tree.

Agwo aghagh imu ihe toro ogologo. (there is no way snake will not give birth to something that is not long).

God have mercy.

So how is this different from what we have always seen?

Did Ned Nwoko not marry a 19yr old Regina?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Nah I know that,

I was pointing out that the only place we saw the word was in Latin.

Africa as a word did not exist anywhere else. That's why I initially asked him in what language does Afri mean black man

Oh ok. The guy's theories are always clashing like color riot LOL. Africa as a word though is just a latinized version of an indigenous word likely of Berber origin, probably in use before the Romans got to Africa.

However i agree with you that the whole "named after a man in the 100 yr of homo sapiens history" theory is B.S.
Clear use of retrofitting here, not so different from how backronyms are used.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
Which NT is this?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
Is there any sense in criticizing a book you've not read? Or a history you don't know?

To other things: https://www.nairaland.com/5790864/idayat-gbadamosi-ways-fighting-coronavirus#88394297
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
Which NT is this?
I am thinking France but dembele is not a starter for France .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

I am thinking France but dembele is not a starter for France .

Definitely France

Griezmann

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Gesteenay post fit give man headache sha.

He rejects newer religions for science, then at the same time embraces older religions over science, saying science will figure it out later.

Anyway, all these ancient philosophy no dey profit pocket so I can't come and kill myself.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
diggz:

Definitely France

Griezmann
Yh Griezmann. I was thinking dembele.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
Leyqute:

Well said. Ekpa Diggz don rotten patapata. He talks anyhow.

Ogbeni rauf aregbesola bassey legbegbe leyqute cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
Which NT is this?

France. Took me 2.57 seconds. Immediately i identified Giroud and Mbappe i submitted my paper. cheesy

Timbros you are doing well, but try harder.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
Who am I?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
Which NT is this?
France
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
afrodoc2:

France. Took me 2.57 seconds. Immediately i identified Giroud and Mbappe i submitted my paper. cheesy

Timbros you are doing well, but try harder.

Lol.... Oya tackle the above
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
Who am I?
Lucas digne
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
Who am I?

Lucas Digne. 3.6 seconds.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
Still on "who am I?"

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ibime:

He rejects newer religions for science, then at the same time embraces older religions over science, saying science will figure it out later.

Anyway, all these ancient philosophy no dey profit pocket so I can't come and kill myself.

Naim make me call am the confused one yesterday. Him still dey try find him truth, but hopefully things go dey clearer for am over time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
Still on "who am I?"

Owen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
Still on "who am I?"

Not sure what your answer is, but David Beckham played with all three. The guy in your pic looks left footed though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Owen

Did Owen play with Forlan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Owen

Nope
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ibime:

Your assumption, bros. I only reject concepts in any religion, whether it's old or new, that are not consistent, not reasonable, and lacks veracity.

I have retained the ones that are useful in Islam and Christianity and discarded the rest (though that's in the majority). I have Qur'an and the Bible in my library, along with other religious books. Only a few parts of the Bible and Qur'an are useful; the rest serves no real purpose other than for mind control.

There are elements of truth in religions, science, philosophies, atheism, etc.

I feel nothing is the ultimate or has answers to all life's questions; however, the use of the brain is supreme, and holy books come last in the pecking order.

Ibime:
Yes. However, I feel there's more to life than that. As an avid reader and curious person, seeking this kind of knowledge is a key aspect of life (for me). So, after the day's job, I resume reading of books.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
Reina!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
afrodoc2:

Not sure what your answer is, but David Beckham played with all three. The guy in your pic looks left footed though.

The shaded guy is just an illustration, not the actual player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:
Which NT is this?

France:

Lloris

Mendy - Umtiti - Varane - Pavard

Pogba - Kante - Matuidi

Griezman - Giroud - Mbappe

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
afrodoc2:

Did Owen play with Forlan?

Na Reina
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
timbros:

Nope

I said Beckham.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
afrodoc2:

Nice one actually

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8680) (8681) (8682) (8683) (8684) (8685) (8686) ... (19355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vischy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.