Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,377 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10591919 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8744) (8745) (8746) (8747) (8748) (8749) (8750) ... (19241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Godx:

This is an important question and I don't buy the answer that was given. The major aim for the creation of IPPIS was to remove the problem of Ghostworkers. Now why is IPPIS only for some and not for all the organizations involved in those practises. . The Ghostworkers at NNPC, FIRS etc what majors have been put in place to fish them out and guide against them.
Initially Buhari said all federal government workers should be paid through the IPPIS But immediately ASUU started asking about the other organizations like NNPC,FIRS Etc they changed it to only those that take from the Consolidated Revenue Account. Those people are really Smart.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
eph12:

I gather they're making reference to the act guiding the university or whatever it is called. They didn't make that themselves

The act establishing University gives them autonomy on management of the university by the University senate.

If they don’t want government to dictate the platform they use to get their salary, they should start generating revenue to pay their salaries.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
larride:

The act establishing University gives them autonomy on management of the university by the University senate.

If they don’t want government to dictate the platform they use to get their salary, they should start generating revenue to pay their salaries.
All I see here is lack of trust in the government. For some reasons, they don't trust the government when they say the system covers everything they are requesting for. Is there a reason for this lack of trust?

Considering the fact that those that embraced the system previously are having a change of heart, does this give credence to the claims by ASUU? I expect you to insist otherwise sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ibime:
Hushpuppis cousin disturbing Kent with gunshots.

Oga Diggz, it go make sense to pack out of Kent sha. If you know, you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7w2RQrdlfg

Unless hushpuppi get blood ties with Edo state then him and that guy no relate.

Meanwhile, I've read alot about Kent and all. E get some area wey no good at all like Chatham,Gravesend etc, but my side still dey ok small. Though e get one zone wey people label as bad, but most of the bad guys don dey jail dey do serious time so it's relatively peaceful. Plus where I invest put dey very ok so no change for now until few years from now.

Also, I think that happened in Chatham area, but na blank gun the guy use.

Which areas you think dey ok? Abi na to move dey go Wales cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
eph12:

All I see here is lack of trust in the government. For some reasons, they don't trust the government when they say the system covers everything they are requesting for. Is there a reason for this lack of trust?

Considering the fact that those that embraced the system previously are having a change of heart, does this give credence to the claims by ASUU? I expect you to insist otherwise sha

A simple question, who has been paying those allowances before now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
larride:

A simple question, who has been paying those allowances before now?
Nothing is ever simple about anything in this country
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Melvyn11:

Federal Govt cannot try it with NNPC or even CBN. They know those organizations that can easily be Coerced and Controlled.
ASUU and doctors can go the government doesn't care about education and health care. But for NNPC to go na wahala

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emmynator(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
In my opinion, ASUU are the ones prolonging these issues. The proposed UTAS was not rejected by FG, the gov only gave an 18 months timeframe for the development, initialization and implementation of the UTAS system. The major disagreement was on whether ASUU will register on ippis for the time being, ASUU refused, stating that it's members should not be obligated to register, while the gov disagreed. Note that ASUU and fg had reached an understanding on uother issues.
If the government promised to not only improve the ippis to fit the perculairities of ASUU, but also to develop the utas system, then what is the problem of ASUU? Lack of trust? Lol.
Lastly, not all lecturers are happy with the way the indefinate strike was announced, as the members were not consulted for feedback, the execs just took the decision.
I stand with fg on this one, ASUU are either trying to flex muscles or are hiding s6mething.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
diggz:

Unless hushpuppi get blood ties with Edo state then him and that guy no relate.

Meanwhile, I've read alot about Kent and all. E get some area wey no good at all like Chatham,Gravesend etc, but my side still dey ok small. Though e get one zone wey people label as bad, but most of the bad guys don dey jail dey do serious time so it's relatively peaceful. Plus where I invest put dey very ok so no change for now until few years from now.

Also, I think that happened in Chatham area, but na blank gun the guy use.

Which areas you think dey ok? Abi na to move dey go Wales cheesy cheesy

Dem say the guy na Hushpuppi cousin. Who knows?

Them say na airgun the guy dey fire, but airgun bullets dey small and round whilst the guy dey show some hollow tips for him video, so I no too sure like that.

I no too know Kent jare. I just dey joke say if Hushpuppi people dey carry gun for that side, then e no go safe for Mompha to stay round there. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmynator:
In my opinion, ASUU are the ones prolonging these issues. The proposed UTAS was not rejected by FG, the gov only gave an 18 months timeframe for the development, initialization and implementation of the UTAS system. The major disagreement was on whether ASUU will register on ippis for the time being, ASUU refused, stating that it's members should not be obligated to register, while the gov disagreed. Note that ASUU and fg had reached an understanding on uother issues.
If the government promised to not only improve the ippis to fit the perculairities of ASUU, but also to develop the utas system, then what is the problem of ASUU? Lack of trust? Lol.
Lastly, not all lecturers are happy with the way the indefinate strike was announced, as the members were not consulted for feedback, the execs just took the decision.
I stand with fg on this one, ASUU are either trying to flex muscles or are hiding s6mething.

They are even against dropping their BVN to get their Feb and March salary. That should tell you everything you need to know.

The BVN will expose those drawing multiple full time salary from different universities.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
Melvyn11:

Federal Govt cannot try it with NNPC or even CBN. They know those organizations that can easily be Coerced and Controlled.
Especially NNPC they won't be touched. How can you claim the IPPIS was to fight Ghostworkers in the country yet go ahead to exempt some organizations from being registered. Thats shady as F.uck

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sowore has started again. undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmynator:

One thing that is glaring now to every objective person is ; ASUU's skepticism about the whole IPPIS stuff and FG not being trustworthy has been justified by the complaints of those paid this February via the platform.

The COEASU and SSANU people complaining bitterly shows the FG is just playing to the gallery.

As regards not all lecturers being disposed to the idea of the strikes being declared, well that is not news. While I was in school I was close to some lecturers and I know not all of them always support strikes; but when the strike yield fruits they all partake out of it. Do u know the improvement in funding of universities u see today was fought for by the striking lecturers in the past?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Swissh:

Initially Buhari said all federal government workers should be paid through the IPPIS But immediately ASUU started asking about the other organizations like NNPC,FIRS Etc they changed it to only those that take from the Consolidated Revenue Account. Those people are really Smart.
This just proved they are shady and two-faced.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
BlueRayDick:

And u honestly think foreign lecturers will come home and teach in Nigerian universities that are grossly underfunded? You think Nigerian professors in Foreign universities will leave their host countries with 24/7 electricity and come down here. Shey no be u dey tell somebody which day say u no dey come Naija wey still never get light cheesy. Make OAU put advert now say dem dey find expertriate, shey u go come with that Ur Harvard certificate come dey impart knowledge in lecture Theatre that is stuffy without working Air conditioner.

The government obviously knows more than u do. They know how they've failed in so many ways and they know sacking the present lecturers and calling for applications will lead nowhere. Even when the foreign lecturers come, they won't spend up to a year in total before jumping ship and leaving the government hanging in the balance. The government will surely go back crawling to the same lecturers they sacked.

Funny enough sef, we presently have a dearth of PHD holders in Nigeria. This is why u see some people use as much as 7 years for a PhD programme cos they have to wait for when another supervisor will be free to be assigned to them.

ASUU is only trying to hold a failed government to ransom to get what they want like most people would do in their shoes

Many Nigerians trained Masters and PhD holders(some trained abroad) are roaming Lagos even applying for jobs at places like Globacom. I know many friends who after their UK advanced degrees all went to Covenant and Babcock to lecture. To even get a position in those private Unis you have to use some form of man know man

I know ASUU and how they ruined the lives of many students because of silly demands

How do you justify lecturers claiming they are tired and need to cancel session while a few weeks later they all resumed to private Universities while drawing salaries from the Public Uni where they cancelled sessions?

Ever since that incident, I have always looked at them as a bunch of entitled pricks. Look at UNILORIN who didn't join ASUU for many yrs, making their students graduate on time, are you saying their lecturers are not getting paid? Or govt is not developing UNILORIN?

Their colleagues in private Unis, or the same lecturers how come they are not cancelling sessions willy nilly in Babcock and Covenant?

You and a friend enter school the same age, same course same time one Ilorin, One UI, Ilorin guy graduates at 23yrs, the UI one is still in school at 27yrs just because ASUU decided to flex their power. In Nigeria where many multinationals won't employ anyone above 25yrs

I know a guy in my faculty, who was sent out of school after year 2 for poor results, he went to Babcock started from year 1 and still got into NYSC before us without extra year

We know how many Universities have kicked against the audit of their expenses and these same people will claim govt is bad. We see all of them when appointed into govt roles how terrible they perform, example All INEC chairmen are lecturers and have shown most of them are as bad as the politicians

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
larride:
Sowore has started again. undecided

wetin Sowore do?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
raumdeuter:

wetin Sowore do?

He has started his RevolutionNow again. Calling for protest from Saturday.

It’s a clear violation of his bail condition. If DSS arrest him now, you will start seeing Buhari the Tyrant everywhere.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
raumdeuter:

Many Nigerians trained Masters and PhD holders(some trained abroad) are roaming Lagos even applying for jobs at places like Globacom. I know many friends who after their UK advanced degrees all went to Covenant and Babcock to lecture. To even get a position in those private Unis you have to use some form of man know man

I know ASUU and how they ruined the lives of many students because of silly demands

How do you justify lecturers claiming they are tired and need to cancel session while a few weeks later they all resumed to private Universities while drawing salaries from the Public Uni where they cancelled sessions?

Ever since that incident, I have always looked at them as a bunch of entitled pricks. Look at UNILORIN who didn't join ASUU for many yrs, making their students graduate on time, are you saying their lecturers are not getting paid? Or govt is not developing UNILORIN?

Their colleagues in private Unis, or the same lecturers how come they are not cancelling sessions willy nilly in Babcock and Covenant?

You and a friend enter school the same age, same course same time one Ilorin, One UI, Ilorin guy graduates at 23yrs, the UI one is still in school at 27yrs just because ASUU decided to flex their power. In Nigeria where many multinationals won't employ anyone above 25yrs

We know how many Universities have kicked against the audit of their expenses and these same people will claim govt is bad. We see all of them when appointed into govt roles how terrible they perform, example All INEC chairmen are lecturers and have shown most of them are as bad as the politicians

I was a victim of ASUU incessant strikes too. An ASUU strike prevented me from resuming the same year I gained admission( which even before I was fully registered as a student ASUU strike had started affecting me)

There was another ASUU strike in my 400 level which lasted 6 months before it was called off....I agree with u ASUU strikes derail student's journey and at times can block one from getting those graduate trainee jobs that has age restrictions.

I'm not in support of constant ASUU strikes, in fact I don't support any form of strike at all but the government has shown over the years that strike is the only language they understand. The federal government doesn't understand the language of dialogue. While I was in school I used to wonder why bunch of scholars will sit down and despite all Labour dispute resolution tool it is only strike they deem to use. Now I know it's the only language the government understands.

I know how u usually talk about people being poorly educated on these streets. I'm sure u know our universities are not adequately funded. U Just need to take a look at our budget to see how poorly funded our education sector. Imagine lecturers having to go on strike just to make government spend more on education while government waste money on some other sectors.

You talked about Ur friend's who now work in private universities after getting degrees abroad. One I know those guys will not resign their private university jobs to join public sector with the same terms of service. In fact anybody who chooses to do that will be doing that because those "double salary" FG has decided not pay going forward will be accessible to them. By the way most of those Ur friend's cannot fill the void that will be left If all university lecturers in Nigeria are sacked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
larride:

It’s a clear violation of his bail condition. If DSS arrest him now, you will start seeing Buhari the Tyrant everywhere.

How is this a violation of his bail condition na grin

Seems the whole APC set-up has a very strange definition of "Revolution".

Person say make people bang their pot for their house as a form of protest, u say he's calling for revolution. Shebi if person bang pot for him house na only him and him neighbor go get headache na.

Shey the pot bang go reach Aso Rock disturb Bubu ni cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
larride:

How is him telling people to sit at home and bang their pot a call for revolution?

So if people are dying they should just keep quiet?

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I was a victim of ASUU incessant strikes too. An ASUU strike prevented me from resuming the same year I gained admission( which even before I was fully registered as a student ASUU strike had started affecting me)

There was another ASUU strike in my 400 level which lasted 6 months before it was called off....I agree with u ASUU strikes derail student's journey and at times can block one from getting those graduate trainee jobs that has age restrictions.

I'm not in support of constant ASUU strikes, in fact I don't support any form of strike at all but the government has shown over the years that strike is the only language they understand. The federal government doesn't understand the language of dialogue. While I was in school I used to wonder why bunch of scholars will sit down and despite all Labour dispute resolution tool it is only strike they deem to use. Now I know it's the only language the government understands.

I know how u usually talk about people being poorly educated on these streets. I'm sure u know our universities are not adequately funded. U Just need to take a look at our budget to see how poorly funded our education sector. Imagine lecturers having to go on strike just to make government spend more on education while government waste money on some other sectors.

You talked about Ur friend's who now work in private universities after getting degrees abroad. One I know those guys will not resign their private university jobs to join public sector with the same terms of service. In fact anybody who chooses to do that will be doing that because those "double salary" FG has decided not pay going forward will be accessible to them. By the way most of those Ur friend's cannot fill the void that will be left If all university lecturers in Nigeria are sacked.

A lot of their demands are very selfish and they just put a sprinkling of "funding education sector" to make it look like they care about the people

What will justify someone cancelling a session because they are tired, collect salary for the time you cancelled and didnt work and immediately you resume to a private Uni to draw salary?

Where you work currently can you try that? Imagine telling your company e.g MTN that you are tired, and won't come to work, You continue getting salary from them while you resume to Airtel to work ?

We were in class and our Chemistry lecturer was justifying that decision to cancel session and told us to go fvvckk ourselves These are the same people now whining about what gov is doing

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
raumdeuter:

A lot of their demands are very selfish and they just put a sprinkling of "funding education sector" to make it look like they care about the people

What will justify someone cancelling a session because they are tired, collect salary for the time you cancelled and didnt work and immediately you resume to a private Uni to draw salary?

Where you work currently can you try that? Imagine telling your company e.g MTN that you are tired, and won't come to work, You continue getting salary from them while you resume to Airtel to work ?

We were in class and our Chemistry lecturer was justifying that decision to cancel session and told us to go fvvckk ourselves These are the same people now whining about what gov is doing

If that was the case during Ur days , then that was one hell of an unreasonable reason to call for a strike on their part o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ibime:

Dem say the guy na Hushpuppi cousin. Who knows?

Them say na airgun the guy dey fire, but airgun bullets dey small and round whilst the guy dey show some hollow tips for him video, so I no too sure like that.

I no too know Kent jare. I just dey joke say if Hushpuppi people dey carry gun for that side, then e no go safe for Mompha to stay round there. cheesy

Lol...no be inside this covid self. E no get as anybody wan use see me cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Man Utd's players hated Chelsea and Jose Mourinho so much they celebrated when Liverpool knocked them out of the Champions League in 2007! shocked shocked shocked

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-squad-celebrated-liverpool-beating-chelsea-reveals-jamie-carragher-12597359/?fbclid=IwAR0aWON6QAS5GBIDQypIvn3zX3bn69qygUntAwIUfWCN6k1Z1caL6lkpb4k

Imagine! They preferred to potentially play a bitter rival in the final than Chelsea.

But Kaka and AC Milan had other ideas grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
larride:

It’s a clear violation of his bail condition. If DSS arrest him now, you will start seeing [b]Buhari the Tyrant [/b]everywhere.

But Buhari is a tyrant na.

Sowore dey mad, for this coronavirus period them wan do protest, make them arrest am angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
BlueRayDick:

How is this a violation of his bail condition na grin

Seems the whole APC set-up has a very strange definition of "Revolution".

Person say make people bang their pot for their house as a form of protest, u say he's calling for revolution. Shebi if person bang pot for him house na only him and him neighbor go get headache na.

Shey the pot bang go reach Aso Rock disturb Bubu ni cheesy

Just seeing this, I think say na protest for street.

Larride, na this one you dey talk?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emmynator(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
BlueRayDick:

One thing that is glaring now to every objective person is ; ASUU's skepticism about the whole IPPIS stuff and FG not being trustworthy has been justified by the complaints of those paid this February via the platform.

The COEASU and SSANU people complaining bitterly shows the FG is just playing to the gallery.

As regards not all lecturers being disposed to the idea of the strikes being declared, well that is not news. While I was in school I was close to some lecturers and I know not all of them always support strikes; but when the strike yield fruits they all partake out of it. Do u know the improvement in funding of universities u see today was fought for by the striking lecturers in the past?
They were supposed to give feedback of the meeting to each branch for delibration and vote before taking any action. But they just announced the strike, the issue is not the strike but the due process not followed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
timbros:
Man Utd's players hated Chelsea and Jose Mourinho so much they celebrated when Liverpool knocked them out of the Champions League in 2007! shocked shocked shocked

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-squad-celebrated-liverpool-beating-chelsea-reveals-jamie-carragher-12597359/?fbclid=IwAR0aWON6QAS5GBIDQypIvn3zX3bn69qygUntAwIUfWCN6k1Z1caL6lkpb4k

Imagine! They preferred to potentially play a bitter rival in the final than Chelsea.

Heinz-e's Tomato ketchup cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
timbros:

Why am I not surprised lol. Every United fan hated Chelsea during that period from 2006 to 2009. Your guys were so annoying and became a nightmare for us every time we met. We should have faced each other in 2 consecutive Champions final during that period.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmynator:

They were supposed to give feedback of the meeting to each branch for delibration and vote before taking any action. But they just announced the strike, the issue is not the strike but the due process not followed.

Well, I don't know much about their internal squabbles sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
elrony:

Just seeing this, I think say na protest for street.

Larride, na this one you dey talk?

Yes. I actually thought it was protest on the street. My bad.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
spillo1:

Why am I not surprised lol. Every United fan hated Chelsea during that period from 2006 to 2009. Your guys were so annoying and became a nightmare for us every time we met. We should have faced each other in 2 consecutive Champions final during that period.
Thats true man. I think one time that period we met at a final, Quarters/Semi final two-leg and then EPL again. The vibe then was hot

(1) (2) (3) ... (8744) (8745) (8746) (8747) (8748) (8749) (8750) ... (19241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m), Itsrm(m), andrewbaba44, Demolz and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.