Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,800 members, 7,862,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10739770 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9056) (9057) (9058) (9059) (9060) (9061) (9062) ... (19410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2020
gensteejay:
The thunder issue is a mere coincidence. Nothing spiritual about it.

When you see this kind of news, you should first ask yourself how many of such cases involving sending thunder (or lightning) to alleged offenders has the native doctor achieved?

If the native doctor is really sure he has the technology to produce thunder (or lightning), FG will need his assistance to defeat Boko Haram and other criminals.

This kind of coincidences is a normal part of life. Apart from that, prayers and wishes (that get answered/granted) are also other interesting coincidences in nature.

When it comes to such coincidences, it doesn't really matter if you pray in any god's name, the wish will still come to pass even if you pray in your own name, or you simply make your wish without mentioning any name at all.

A common example in this part of the world is when power gets restored coincidentally immediately or soon after you wished for it without praying in any god's name.

Coincidences are a fascinating aspect of nature.

Pardon me, but who grants these wishes/prayers?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 13, 2020
izzou:

As far as I'm concerned, such wishes are not granted by the gods of religion, since only few prayers made in their name get answered. So, they're not reliable.

Coincidences are an aspect of nature, just like the gods and goddesses of religions are aspects of nature as well.

IMO, nature is a part of God Almighty (the totality of existence), not the same entity worshipped in religions and not something to be worshipped.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2020
gensteejay:

As far as I'm concerned, such wishes are not granted by the gods of religion, since only few prayers made in their name get answered. So, they're not reliable.

Coincidences are an aspect of nature, just like the gods and goddesses of religions are aspects of nature as well.

IMO, nature is a part of God Almighty (the totality of existence), not the same entity worshipped in religions and not something to be worshipped.

I'm sorry, but I did not see where you answered the question

I understand your opinion perfectly. All I'm asking is who grants wishes and prayers like you said.

Sorry for the back and forth. I'm kind of slow to understand

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 13, 2020
izzou:

I'm sorry, but I did not see where you answered the question

I understand your opinion perfectly. All I'm asking is who grants wishes and prayers like you said.

Sorry for the back and forth. I'm kind of slow to understand
Coincidences happen naturally in life whether you pray for them or not. An important question a person needs to ask when some of their prayers in a god's name get answered is, will they have achieved that thing without praying for it at all?

There are different achievements one records in life that you didn't even expect/plan for, so you didn't pray about them.

IMO, when it comes to things that happen to a person in life (whether good or bad), many factors come into play other than merely wishing or praying for something.

From my own view about the concept of God, God isn't something that interferes in human affairs. So personally, I've no reason to believe God answers or even entertains people's prayers.

Praying in any god's or God's name is not reliable, and praying to a god or God could breed mental laziness.

It's mostly a waste of time. I'd rather have faith in myself (i.e. using the God-given brain) than putting my faith and belief in prayers that are not reliable.

That's my own philosophy, influenced by my years of research and experience. You don't have to agree/disagree with it.

Better to rely on your own experience than mine or others'. In other words, don't believe or disbelieve things without doing your own research.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:17am On Jun 13, 2020
donjazet:

I'm just saying that compared to a lot of left backs currently out there, ours are still good enough or else we want to upgrade to the highest quality not someone like chillwell, especially for the amount quoted.

We need to focus on our goal keeping area which is very troubling at the moment.
A goalkeeper is not the priority at the moment but the unstable CB pairing. Almost every goalkeeper suffers from unstable defense. Chelsea need to sign a quality experienced CB to pair up with Rudiger and then a left back. We need stability in that back four before worrying about goalkeeper if at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:31am On Jun 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:
So Nigeria is planning to extradite hushpuppi to Naija.....smh. They just want to make millionaires of the trial judge and efcc case officers that Will prosecute his case....nothing more

https://www.nairaland.com/5922386/hushpuppi-faces-extradition-uae-nigeria

They won't succeed if the main crime is against USA and USA make extradition request first.

They now want to trump up some weak charges in Nigeria to use extradite Hushpuppi so they can extort him and chop. EFCC is useless. I would suggest they go after Hushpuppis Nigerian properties if they want to chop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2020
izzou:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 10:37am On Jun 13, 2020
Thank god football is back

Our weekends and weekdays will no longer remain the same kiss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 10:40am On Jun 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:
So Nigeria is planning to extradite hushpuppi to Naija.....smh. They just want to make millionaires of the trial judge and efcc case officers that Will prosecute his case....nothing more

aunty Kemi said he's not a Nigerian citizen and it won't happen..
Heard the guy laundered money for our politicians.. probably why they want him tried here.. criminals

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:42am On Jun 13, 2020
hensben:
A goalkeeper is not the priority at the moment but the unstable CB pairing. Almost every goalkeeper suffers from unstable defense. Chelsea need to sign a quality experienced CB to pair up with Rudiger and then a left back. We need stability in that back four before worrying about goalkeeper if at all.

Now this is funny..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2020
izzou:

Lol

Person wey FBI intervene for him matter?

He would still be tried in the USA, and probably jailed there.

I don't know, but I think Nigeria wants to use this guy to score some anti corruption points.

Be rest assured that he won't be free, even in Nigeria

I just hope USA deny them that chance to apply for extradition sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I just hope USA deny them that chance to apply for extradition sef
Magu just said EFCC ain't involved
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2020
Ibime:

They won't succeed if the main crime is against USA and USA make extradition request first.

They now want to trump up some weak charges in Nigeria to use extradite Hushpuppi so they can extort him and chop. EFCC is useless. I would suggest they go after Hushpuppis Nigerian properties if they want to chop.

Better that way. Make dem allow people with good criminal justice system prosecute him Jàre. If dem get issue with am make dem wait make he commot prison
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2020
obainojazz:
Magu just said EFCC ain't involved

Cool. Make dem no just go dey foool their sef at all.

But where does this Magu statement leave Interpol and the commissioner of police that claimed they will apply for extradition?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:11am On Jun 13, 2020
Ibime:
All Apari-by-choice can relate with Ashley Young. . .

Some have hair but cannot barb/
Some can barb, but have no hair/
We have hair, and we can barb/
Glory be to thee oh Lord/

Lmaooooooo you sure? E fit be Istanbul things oh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Cool. Make dem no just go dey foool their sef at all.

But where does this Magu statement leave Interpol and the commissioner of police that claimed they will apply for extradition?
Either fake news or some politicians are scared
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 11:34am On Jun 13, 2020
angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2020
obainojazz:
Either fake news or some politicians are scared

It's not fake news. A commissioner of police in charge of Interpol in Nigeria issued a statement saying they(INTERPOL Nigeria) will be apply for Hushpuppi's extradition to Naija because some of the crimes were committed in Naija
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 11:41am On Jun 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:

It's not fake news. A commissioner of police in charge of Interpol in Nigeria issued a statement saying they(INTERPOL Nigeria) will be apply for Hushpuppi's extradition to Naija because some of the crimes were committed in Naija
they wan protect am. Criminals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Lol if na FBI matter. No chance in hell they get their wish.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
A40:
Lol if na FBI matter. No chance in hell they get their wish.

Some are saying it's secret service while others say it's the FBI that got him....But what matters is na vulnerable USA citizens he scam and they are sure going to treat his 4ck up irrespective of the Naija politician he's fronting for
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
abokikhalifa:
I really don't understand what gave this young boy the mind to steal from a store at computer village. This happened on the 12th of June 2020 at otigba street. The boys working for the store said they noticed that phones were missing and some illegal movement from strange faces were taking place. So the igbo boys set a trap and from no wear. The thief fell for it. We caught only one of them as the rest were smart enough to run for their life.

We checked the body of the young thief and saw some charm in is body. Truest Computer village boys now, they removed the charm and still went on to beat the guy before handing him over to the police men at the police post.

Here is a video of the young criminal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoYZiIW2Cs4

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This Baba no Sabi work
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nezzjnr:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This Baba no Sabi work

I hate this market so much .

I don't even buy phones there. That place is filled with thieves, scammers and everybody wants to rip everybody off

Dem no even touch the guy sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
thorrvik55:

All those Alonso statistics u are quoting, u do know he played as a LWB not LB, right?
Even at Fiorentina, he played LWB. Alonso's lack of pace makes him a weak link in any back four...

At the beginning of this season, Lampard started with Emerson at LB and it got to a point where Azpi had to play there because of Emerson's on and off performances. If I remember correctly, there was a game he was even subbed off at half time because of his poor performance.

How will someone not reshuffle or change when the players playing those positions are performing poorly?

B4 this season, u would have had a point by saying Emerson has not been given a chance but at this time, he's been given more than enough and he failed to grab it with both hands.
I'm not in support of the Chillwell signing tho, because I believe Chelsea as a club don't need another English player (unless it's from the academy)...
you were not observant, sir. Emerson was doing pretty well that everybody was hailing him until he got injured. That injury changed everything for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
izzou:

I hate this market so much .

I don't even buy phones there. That place is filled with thieves, scammers and everybody wants to rip everybody off

Dem no even touch the guy sef
Lol.... Stories I heard about this market ehn cheesy cheesy

They can give you carton.... You go think say na Phone you buy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
gensteejay:

Coincidences happen naturally in life whether you pray for them or not. An important question a person needs to ask when some of their prayers in a god's name get answered is, will they have achieved that thing without praying for it at all?

There are different achievements one records in life that you didn't even expect/plan for, so you didn't pray about them.

IMO, when it comes to things that happen to a person in life (whether good or bad), many factors come into play other than merely wishing or praying for something.

From my own view about the concept of God, God isn't something that interferes in human affairs. So personally, I've no reason to believe God answers or even entertains people's prayers.

Praying in any god's or God's name is not reliable, and praying to a god or God could breed mental laziness.

It's mostly a waste of time. I'd rather have faith in myself (i.e. using the God-given brain) than putting my faith and belief in prayers that are not reliable.

That's my own philosophy, influenced by my years of research and experience. You don't have to agree/disagree with it.

Better to rely on your own experience than mine or others'. In other words, don't believe or disbelieve things without doing your own research.
if you believe in the bolded, and you believe that the said God created humans, in your opinion, why do you think the said God created humans? Why did he create man?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
Post C-19.
Thank goodness proper football is back. A one all La liga match was way more interesting that the best Bundesliga match so far. cheesy

Refreshing.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
FBS:
Post C-19.
Thank goodness proper football is back. A one all La liga match was way more interesting that the best Bundesliga match so far. cheesy

Refreshing.

Don't let raumdeuter see this.. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Branzy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
FBS:
Post C-19.

Refreshing.
Even juve vs Milan was more interesting than that bayern bvb match
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
Greatihex:
you were not observant, sir. Emerson was doing pretty well that everybody was hailing him until he got injured. That injury changed everything for him.

That's my point exactly.. He played well a few matches, got injured for a while then his performances regressed when he came back. The injury wasn't a major that should affect his performance for the rest of the season tho
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
thorrvik55:

Don't let ramdeuter see this.. grin grin

I know the home beating from a bundesliga side dey pain you well that's why Chelsea fans dey whine since.
No worry 2nd leg still remain.

As e boring na so we like am as long as we dey take your team wipe floor.

Even Leipzig dey use team from competitive league chop home and away

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
Greatihex:
if you believe in the bolded, and you believe that the said God created humans, in your opinion, why do you think the said God created humans? Why did he create man?
Will comment on this later in the day when I'm less busy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9056) (9057) (9058) (9059) (9060) (9061) (9062) ... (19410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: reccy(m), Omoluabi16(m), Singapore1(m), Android17, Geld(m), fredoooooo, stulp16, BlueMann, Agadinaagwuofe, oliverano, onyeomaonyeoma(m), Unlimited22, Demolz, WhoDeyHause, PendragonVII, Ballzproblem2, Ellexy, CAPdan21(m), BlueAngel444, TemporaryHansel, Realtord43, homosapien(m), larride(m), cephasdultimate, andrewbaba44, Astrid4(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.