Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10466790 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9148) (9149) (9150) (9151) (9152) (9153) (9154) ... (19129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Leverkusen failed to qualify for UCL so what does that mean for Kai Havertz?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShitStain(m): 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
Inerepamo:
chelsea next season home kit leaked

Looks very basic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
Inerepamo:
looks like something from the mid 80's embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:
Leverkusen failed to qualify for UCL so what does that mean for Kai Havertz?

There is a Europa cup route even if slim
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
Inerepamo:

Personally, it looks good to me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:
A long watch from our Nigerian brother Zuby but a comprehensive and brilliant breakdown and worth watching. Nihilist, Raumdeuter, Afrodoc might be interested in this. Maybe not Donjazet, A40 or Roland17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sk4-p_0pcU

Great interview, I agree with most of his points and mirrors a lot of my opinion.

I can debate each point but i think he puts it brilliantly
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kopfschmerzens: 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:
A long watch from our Nigerian brother Zuby but a comprehensive and brilliant breakdown and worth watching. Nihilist, Raumdeuter, Afrodoc might be interested in this. Maybe not Donjazet, A40 or Roland17

Stop watching this crap at the actblue disinformation, this coon is intentionally spreading crap and trying hard to be the Candace Owens across the pond.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
Kopfschmerzens:

Stop watching this crap at the actblue disinformation, this coon is intentionally spreading crap and trying hard to be the Candace Owens across the pond.

No he's not. He's a man of statistics and facts, and seeking real solutions to our problems, rather than throwing emotional tantrums.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
Party loading on Manure thread shortly?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:

He said something that is quite striking which aligns with my personal thoughts about the movement. Black Lives Matter as an organization is totally different from the literal meaning of the word Black Lives Matter. Just because I am ferociously against the discrepant use of excessive force against blacks or anyone for that matter does not mean I a BLM apologist and I believe that is where you construe my thoughts.

I have always looked at each encounter from the view point of, is it the right thing to do? Would we get the same result if variables are changed but the conditions remain constant? Were there options that could have prevented that situation from escalating?

In one of my conversations with @chic2pimp, I said one of the problems with American politics is the fact that we have become too rigid in our thoughts and compulsively choose to see things from the spectrum and only the spectrum of our political alignment which is dangerous. People forget there are Democrats with conservative ideologies. Just because you are Democrat does not necessarily imply you are left leaning. Conversely, there are left leaning Republicans.

Take for example how we have successfully politicized something as simple as wearing a face mask. I mean, it is just silly to imagine that we have allowed politicians to determine what is logical and what is illogical but dangerous despite the presence of science. Republican members of the house blatantly refused to wear masks and you can imagine the danger in such reckless behavior. I mean, do I need a soothsayer to tell me, it is safer to wear masks in public places or large gatherings?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
Roland17:

He said something that is quite striking which aligns with my personal thoughts about the movement. Black Lives Matter as an organization is totally different from the literal meaning of the word Black Lives Matter. Just because I am ferociously against the discrepant use of excessive force against blacks or anyone for that matter does not mean I a BLM apologist and I believe that is where you construe my thoughts.

I have always looked at each encounter from the view point of, is it the right thing to do? Would we get the same result if variables are changed but the conditions remain constant? Were there options that could have prevented that situation from escalating?

In one of my conversations with @chic2pimp, I said one of the problems with American politics is the fact that we have become too rigid in our thoughts and compulsively choose to see things from the spectrum and only the spectrum of our political alignment which is dangerous. People forget there are Democrats with conservative ideologies. Just because you are Democrat does not necessarily imply you are left leaning. Conversely, there are left leaning Republicans.

Take for example how we have successfully politicized something simple as wearing a face mask. I mean, it is just silly to imagine that we have allowed politicians to determine what is logical and what is illogical but dangerous. Republican members of the house blatantly refused to wear masks and you can imagine the danger in such reckless behavior.

What do you make of the statistics he reeled out that point to a Police brutality/guns problem as the major problem, and race problem as a smaller subset.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits it hurts to see Liverpool lift the title after 30 years but believes it will be difficult for Manchester United's arch rivals to dominate as Sir Alex Ferguson's side did." https://www.nairaland.com/5954851/solskjaer-warns-liverpool-it-difficult

He's right about the highlighted, though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:

What do you make of the statistics he reeled out that point to a Police brutality/guns problem as the major problem, and race problem as a smaller subset.

I am not sure I agree with the argument that racism is a smaller subset in comparison to guns being the major problem.

This is why, if you take guns away and institute another method/ protocol of policing, would encounters remain disproportionate? Would blacks be treated fairly without preconceived notions when they encounter police officers? Would it change how policing black communities happen? Fatalities may reduce but does that mean equal treatment during encounters?

I think that is why this is a larger issue than just banning guns.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kopfschmerzens: 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:

No he's not. He's a man of statistics and facts, and seeking real solutions to our problems, rather than throwing emotional tantrums.

Which stat is in lying that actblue a political paypal is used in sending money to DNC presidential candidates?

Which truth is in the regular right wing slander of the BLM? If i wanna listen to em right wing nut jobs, i will def go look up Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens or Milo Yiannopoulos on YT.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kopfschmerzens: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
Roland17:

Take for example how we have successfully politicized something as simple as wearing a face mask. I mean, it is just silly to imagine that we have allowed politicians to determine what is logical and what is illogical but dangerous despite the presence of science. Republican members of the house blatantly refused to wear masks and you can imagine the danger in such reckless behavior. I mean, do I need a soothsayer to tell me, it is safer to wear masks in public places or large gatherings?

See there's no point trying to reason with the GOP, they are bad faith actors in all dealings and the shhiitty establishment democrats are legendary with bringing knives to the political gun fight. The new justice democrats folks ain't taking no shiiit laying down, these niggars are fuuucking off the establishment folks in the primaries.

The DNC can never pull a Merrick Garland kind of scenario in any goddamn circumstance.

One of the numerous GOP bad faith dog fights.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ef4e5e1c5b66c312683d654/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
Inerepamo:
I Like it, especially the addition of the navy blue collar and sleeves
The 3 logo is still somehow for me, but I overall like the kit
Its the leaked goalkeeper kit I dislike!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
Roland17:

I am not sure I agree with the argument that racism is a smaller subset in comparison to guns being the major problem.

This is why, if you take guns away and institute another method/ protocol of policing, would encounters remain disproportionate? Would blacks be treated fairly without preconceived notions when they encounter police officers? Would it change how policing black communities happen? Fatalities may reduce but does that mean equal treatment during encounters?

I think that is why this is a larger issue than just banning guns.

Focussing purely on deaths in USA, statistics were 25% of over 1,000 deaths by Police were black. You may argue that is disproportionate but it's under-proportion in relation to crimes committed by ethnicity. As a man of statistics, these stats are clear that there is a wider problem, with race a subset of the problem.

It's just like we had 3 deaths by Police in UK last year (one of them was black) and we have people rioting in UK. One former UK Police Chief said officers are now scared to stop and search known gang members and weapon carriers for fear of losing their jobs and incomes. Which one is hurting us more as a community now, allowing these drillers to roam our communities with weapons killing our own (London was competing with New York for homicides at some point last year) or allowing Police to stop and search these guys.

These same guys who will always be rapping about stabbing and shooting their rivals from different postcodes will be the ones making the most noise about being profiled. We cannot continue to pander to the worst in our society abeg.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Inerepamo(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
BlueMann:
I Like it, especially the addition of the navy blue collar and sleeves The 3 logo is still somehow for me, but I overall like the kit Its the leaked goalkeeper kit I dislike!
I also don't fancy the 3 logo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
Wait, wait.

The bid for David Alaba was actually serious?
But he said he doesn't want to play LB anymore na....

But Alaba and Havertz will really slap hard.... cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:

Focussing purely on deaths in USA, statistics were 25% of deaths by Police were black. You may argue that is disproportionate but it's under-proportion in relation to crimes committed by ethnicity.

It's just like we had 3 deaths by Police in UK last year (one of them were black) and we have people rioting in UK. One former UK Police Chief said officers are now scared to stop and search known gang members and weapon carriers for fear of losing their jobs and incomes. Which one is hurting us more as a community now, allowing these drillers to roam our communities with weapons killing our own (London was competing with New York for homicides at some point last year) or allowing Police to stop and search these guys.

These same guys who will always be rapping about stabbing and shooting their rivals from different postcodes will be the ones making the most noise about being profiled. We cannot continue to pander to the worst in our society abeg.

Baba, 25% for a minority race is incredibly high, troubling and if anything, it is a testament/ evidence of the role of racism in these encounters with the police.

I see your perspective very clearly especially with your focus on black communities. There is a legitimate argument that banning guns would be beneficial in managing/ reducing the number of fatalities whether through police encounters or gang/ crime related encounters between blacks.

That being said, there is clear evidence that race is the primary trigger in these fatalities, guns are only the medium through which it is enforced. You have can argue to convince me that banning guns will reduce fatalities not necessarily associated with police encounters but it would not eliminate the disproportionate approach or use of force.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
Roland17:

Baba, 25% for a minority race is incredibly high, troubling and if anything, it is a testament/ evidence of the role of racism in these encounters with the police.

25% for 12% of the population is twice our portion, however we are 37% of the male prison population and if we extrapolate prison population to number of Police encounters then we are underrepresented in the death statistics.

Make no mistake, as a black man, I am 100% in support of strong policing. 99% of potential threats to my life and life of other black men has been at the hands of criminals from our own race, not police.

Chris Rock skit - black men vs niggas is still relevant today. Niggas making plenty noise will not let us leave our communities open for criminals to go gung-ho on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kopfschmerzens: 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:

25% for 12% of the population is twice our portion, however we are 37% of the male prison population and if we extrapolate prison population to number of Police encounters then we are underrepresented in the death statistics.

Make no mistake, as a black man, I am 100% in support of strong policing. 99% of potential threats to my life and life of other black men has been at the hands of criminals from our own race, not police.

Chris Rock skit - black men vs niggas is still relevant today. Niggas making plenty noise will not let us leave our communities open for criminals to go gung-ho on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

Book rec!! Michelle Alexander's The New Jim Crow.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:

Who send you that fake SMS? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
Kopfschmerzens:

Book rec!! Michelle Alexander's The New Jim Crow.

Statistics trumps emotions and propaganda. If you know how many niggas commit crimes and ain't locked up, you will not cry over-representation in the criminal justice system. We have a significant minority of criminals in our society who earn their bread through crime, that's why our society is the only one where "No Snitching" is even a thing because there is pressure from a significant criminal population against snitching. Even our radio DJs carry on the same message to show you how permeated into our culture it is. You can continue to lie to yourself and claim victimhood but I only deal in facts.

The same reason we are overrepresented in criminal justice system is correlated by our education figures. Crime becomes an increasingly attractive proposition when your economic options are limited by lack of education.

There is no over-representation in the justice system. Our hoods have even been abandoned by the police for criminals to do what they want. I personally know many career criminals who never did a bid. Go to any South Chicago or London drillers or trappers IG or snapchat page and tell me what they are still doing walking the streets.

These are London streets right now. We need more Police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_s0l6EjMRo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chrisus(m): 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:

Yes
You’re welcome to join us
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
I got married today, pray for us my people

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
biomustry:

God bless your home.

Score quickly like airmark. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
biomustry:

Congrats my nigger. Expecting the little Chelsea biomustrys. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kopfschmerzens: 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ibime:

Statistics trumps emotions and propaganda. If you know how many niggas commit crimes and ain't locked up, you will not cry over-representation in the criminal justice system. We have a significant minority of criminals in our society who earn their bread through crime, that's why our society is the only one where "No Snitching" is even a thing because there is pressure from a significant criminal population against snitching. Even our radio DJs carry on the same message to show you how permeated into our culture it is. You can continue to lie to yourself and claim victimhood but I only deal in facts.

The same reason we are overrepresented in criminal justice system is correlated by our education figures. Crime becomes an increasingly attractive proposition when your economic options are limited by lack of education.

There is no over-representation in the justice system. Our hoods have even been abandoned by the police for criminals to do what they want. I personally know many career criminals who never did a bid. Go to any South Chicago or London drillers or trappers IG or snapchat page and tell me what they are still doing walking the streets.

These are London streets right now. We need more Police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_s0l6EjMRo

I don't know about the crime scene in the UK, When i was in ma sis in the UK. My sis was about how the violence there is a working class kids problem. Cos the postcode wars are also in places where black kids are not really represented.

I'm all about taking those blood vs crip brothers thang off our street, but we should stop pretending that policies like redlining, war on drugs, the 94 crime bill and school choice by zipcode did not decimate those hoods and folks living those realities.

Y'all should stop making it seems like it's a black exclusive problem, it's a US wide problem majorly caused by our gun culture and hyper-capitalism. The Natenos and the MS-13 folks still gat running and more dreaded battles. Bro, don't even get me started with the opioid induce crimes and killings going down in the dixies and Appalachia heartland by white folks.

Ms Alexander's book is bout em stats too and not emotional and draw a lot from sociological research carried out by WEB Du bois and part of the work that form the bulk of Douglas A Blackmon's book.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibukzy: 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2020
donjazet:

Congrats my nigger. Expecting the little Chelseabiomustrys. cheesy
Barcelona grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
Kopfschmerzens, is English your second language?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
biomustry:
Happy married Life bro

God bless your marriage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9148) (9149) (9150) (9151) (9152) (9153) (9154) ... (19129) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: poshemmanuel(m), Puntingnoob, afrodoc2, hatakekakashi, ouzo1(m), Khaytunechi, airmark(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.