Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10512475 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9416) (9417) (9418) (9419) (9420) (9421) (9422) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2020
BlueMann:
As Leicester have failed to make the UCL, seems Chilwell has now told Leicester he wants to complete Chelsea move.

he should better stay where he is oh, now that Chelsea is considering other options. This one Leicester will now call 70m for LB mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2020
Ibime:

GK is more important than CB.

The best solution will be to see if ATM are interested in a swap with Kepa plus cash. The clubs main consideration in any deal should be getting Kepa off the books and if ATM will take him, then Oblak deal makes sense. They can even structure the deal so there is no accounting loss on disposal of Kepa as they can price Kepas part of the deal at his carrying value in the books.

This is probably the best financial solution as we won't be able to shift Kepa if we buy another goalkeeper outright.

The only way we should be going for Oblak is in a swap deal, otherwise just buy another cheaper keeper and bleed out Kepas contract or loan him out indefinitely.
I trust Marina but that 50m+ value on Kepa is a?
would ATM ever collect 50m along with Kepa for Oblak shocked.. To pull off that kind of deal would be mad o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:27am On Jul 29, 2020
I can't see any leftback in the market that ticks most of the boxes apart from Theo Hernandez at Milan. We should tempt them with a £40m offer which will be double what they paid for him last summer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2020
thorrvik55:

How many big clubs are spending over £100M on GKs?
how many big clubs have kepa?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 10:28am On Jul 29, 2020
Ibime:

GK is more important than CB.

The best solution will be to see if ATM are interested in a swap with Kepa plus cash. The clubs main consideration in any deal should be getting Kepa off the books and if ATM will take him, then Oblak deal makes sense. They can even structure the deal so there is no accounting loss on disposal of Kepa as they can price Kepas part of the deal at his carrying value in the books.

This is probably the best financial solution as we won't be able to shift Kepa if we buy another goalkeeper outright.

The only way we should be going for Oblak is in a swap deal, otherwise just buy another cheaper keeper and bleed out Kepas contract or loan him out indefinitely.

Chelsea's defense line is an eye sour. I think a commanding and good central will make the entire defense line formidable.

We also need a goal keeper but even oblak will improve in a very little way how we concede goals with that backline of ours.

It'd be perfect if we can get a goal keeper and also a CB. We need to improve those 2 units.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2020
thorrvik55:

ATM are not willing to let him go...
does the guy even want to come to Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 10:30am On Jul 29, 2020
Oblak price is outrageous but if they can accept kepa and something around 30 million then I think it's a good deal.

But I prefer nick pope to Onana though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2020
This season, probably is the worst season in Kepa's career. Even ATM will think very well before collecting him in a swap + Cash deal for Oblak.

But we will very fortunate if Marina can pull that deal through.

Kepa is a liability to Chelsea at the moment.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:32am On Jul 29, 2020
Bville02:

We dont want him. He should stay there. He is maddly overrated. He should just glue his ass to Leicester. He is just the English Alonso. There is no point buying a player that won't improve the team.
Our problem is in our defensive game. Wish we could get a younger Cesar for that lb or even a player like Mendy the REAL one, someone that can help protect that left side and help the LCB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
I trust Marina but that 50m+ value on Kepa is a?
would ATM ever collect 50m along with Kepa for Oblak shocked.. To pull off that kind of deal would be mad o

Kepas current asset value is £50m. To sell him for less would result in an accounting loss toward FFP.

I can see a structure where we value Kepa at £50m and add another £70m to make up Oblaks £120m clause.

We then offer Oblak a 6 year contract so his yearly amortisation excluding wages becomes £20m (£120m divided by 6 years). This is no different to buying an £80m player on a 4 year contract.

At the same time, we get rid of Kepas contract from the books. We are then replacing Kepas £10m per year amortisation (£72m fee over 7 years) with Oblak £20m per year amortisation. In accounting terms the yearly difference is only £10m per year.

On the other hand, if we buy Onana for example and can't sell Kepa, we will be adding Onana £7m per year amortisation to Kepas £10m per year making £17m per year.

So the difference between buying Oblak in a swap and buying Onana outright in addition to Kepa could be only £3m per year in accounting terms.

In Atletico Madrid eyes, I can't see why getting £70m free cash plus a younger Spanish number one goalkeeper won't appeal to them. . . unless they think Kepa is totally trash. I would like to think Kepa still has small attraction in Spain given he is their NT goalkeeper.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2020
Bville02:

Chelsea's defense line is an eye sour. I think a commanding and good central will make the entire defense line formidable.

We also need a goal keeper but even oblak will improve in a very little way how we concede goals with that backline of ours.

It'd be perfect if we can get a goal keeper and also a CB. We need to improve those 2 units.

A good goalkeeper might improve the defence by 50%.

In an ideal world, we replace Kepa first, then Chris and Rudiger.

I think the club will see some sense in keeping Rudiger to help the new German players settle in. I personally can't stand his corporate shoe and lack of balance anymore, but I will understand if the club see some sense in keeping him.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Coinvision: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2020
*31yr Old Willian in 8yrs for Chelsea - Never scored 10 PL goals

*18yr Old Mason Greenwood in a season - Scored 10 PL Goals

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:01am On Jul 29, 2020
Ibime:

Kepas current asset value is £50m. To sell him for less would result in an accounting loss toward FFP.

I can see a structure where we value Kepa at £50m and add another £70m to make up Oblaks £120m clause.

We then offer Oblak a 6 year contract so his yearly amortisation excluding wages becomes £20m (£120m divided by 6 years). This is no different to buying an £80m player on a 4 year contract.

At the same time, we get rid of Kepas contract from the books. We are then replacing Kepas £10m per year amortisation (£72m fee over 7 years) with Oblak £20m per year amortisation. In accounting terms the yearly difference is only £10m per year.

On the other hand, if we buy Onana for example and can't sell Kepa, we will be adding Onana £7m per year amortisation to Kepas £10m per year making £17m per year.

So the difference between buying Oblak in a swap and buying Onana outright in addition to Kepa could be only £3m per year in accounting terms.

In Atletico Madrid eyes, I can't see why getting £70m free cash plus a younger Spanish number one goalkeeper won't appeal to them. . . unless they think Kepa is totally trash. I would like to think Kepa still has small attraction in Spain given he is their NT goalkeeper.
There's also loaning Kepa out for a year then selling him for £40m
Oblak's release clause is about £110, €120m, if we add £60m or even £70m plus Kepa ATM might consider it. Even if Kepa is trash they can buy a quality player with that kind of cash. But the real question is if Oblak will leave and if ATM will sell. It's not Oblak wants to leave or ATM have to sell.

Honestly considering what you said, buying Oblak for £60m + Kepa i.e his release clause, his contract would be at least 7years (that's what Kepa signed, maybe 8 cheesy) about £15m per year. Totally worth it.

Then again worse case scenario we buy Onana £27m, 5years and couldn't sell Kepa, that's still about £15m per year. £5.5m for Onana and £10m for Kepa

Or would it be possible to give Ajax Kepa and get Onana and Taglifico cheesy grin hehehehe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:04am On Jul 29, 2020
Bville02:

which CB is it Rice?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by babytoun: 11:16am On Jul 29, 2020
All the keepers from the 3 relegated teams are better than Kepa...

for starters chelsea should get Ben Foster for less than 10m las las he will be our official second choice ...i personally feel chelsea is too big to have cabalero as second choice ..he is getting some look-in because of Kepas abysmal form but i still feel he is not good enough ...we need a backup keeper that puts the main keeper under pressure

i am not a fan of outrageous spending for a goal keeper...monkey smart monkey smart na becuase tree near tree...if the Central defence is woeful even keeper will struggle ..

my take will be to try to sign Onana and Ben foster instead of spending another record breaking fee for another GK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:25am On Jul 29, 2020
Ibime:

I think the club will see some sense in keeping Rudiger to help the new German players settle in. I personally can't stand his corporate shoe and lack of balance anymore, but I will understand if the club see some sense in keeping him.

Corporate Shoe grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 11:27am On Jul 29, 2020
Bville02:

Nick pope or Dean, if United will let go of him .
In your dreams

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2020
For real sha - and on a lighter note - I dislike black boots.

Lemon, white, orange, yellow or light blue boots are the classiest.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:29am On Jul 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:

There's also loaning Kepa out for a year then selling him for £40m
Oblak's release clause is about £110, €120m, if we add £60m or even £70m plus Kepa ATM might consider it. Even if Kepa is trash they can buy a quality player with that kind of cash. But the real question is if Oblak will leave and if ATM will sell. It's not Oblak wants to leave or ATM have to sell.

Honestly considering what you said, buying Oblak for £60m + Kepa i.e his release clause, his contract would be at least 7years (that's what Kepa signed, maybe 8 cheesy) about £15m per year. Totally worth it.

Then again worse case scenario we buy Onana £27m, 5years and couldn't sell Kepa, that's still about £15m per year. £5.5m for Onana and £10m for Kepa

Or would it be possible to give Ajax Kepa and get Onana and Taglifico cheesy grin hehehehe

You get am. I don't see how we would sell Kepa for £40m later. The only big teams in the market for Goalkeeper in Spain are Valencia and Sevilla and they don't have that kind of money, plus cover his high wages (without selling their own goalkeepers), meanwhile Kepa won't sell anywhere else apart from Spain.

All we can do is force Atleti into the market for goalkeeper by taking Oblak and offering them Kepa to cover their need at the same time. I can't see why Oblak will reject more money at Chelsea. The only stumbling block will be in getting ATM to accept Kepa.

£70m plus Kepa for Oblak will make more sense from your calculations that keeping Kepa plus buying Onana ontop.

Another possible angle is swapping Kepa for Cillesen who Valencia are not happy with. We can possibly get them to give us £10m to £15m plus Cillesen with Cillesen valued at £30m. It's then easier to bleed out Cillesens contract if he flops. However, he would be an improvement on Kepa for us. What we would do in that scenario is also buy another mid-level keeper (£5m-£20m) who can do a good job if Cillesen flops like Arreola, Karl Darlow at Newcastle or Ramsdale at Bournemouth. Between Cillesen and one of these, they should amount to the same yearly cost as Kepa with some assurance that at least one of them can do a job, and they will also have a lower wage so we can sell them at anytime. That is another possible way to exit Kepas liability, and Valencia also want to exit Cillesens liability so for us it's a case of swapping a big liability (Kepa) for a smaller liability (Cillesen) who can actually come good, with a backup in case he doesn't. Valencia have more faith in Kepa and we would have more faith in Cillesen so it's a possible win-win.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2020
Nezzjnr:

In your dreams

Face the reality boss. That guy wants the no.1 shirt, and Solskjaer is too in love with De Gea to give him that.

He may want to go elsewhere, and United may be forced to cash out.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 11:31am On Jul 29, 2020
BlueMann:

Face the reality boss. That guy wants the no.1 shirt, and Solskjaer is too in love with De Gea to give him that.

Wow

Dean's agent

Say Hello to him cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by segunzik(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2020
donjazet:

Thanks. You're right about the music, I'm just playing memories by maroon5 and don't cry for me Argentina on repeat. It captures my mood and thoughts.

Sorry for your loss sir.
I googled this other song you posted, is the woman the song about real or fictional?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yA-QaUk-c

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 11:39am On Jul 29, 2020
Ibime:

Rudiger was instrumental in getting Werner. He can warm the bench. He is better off as a substitute.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 11:41am On Jul 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
which CB is it Rice?

Yes, Rice since he is the one currently linked to Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:52am On Jul 29, 2020
Ibime:

True, but I personally wouldn't want to get rid of Chris, cause I know how good he can be when he's at the top of his game. Let the staff try to get him to bulk up, and he should address his inconsistency.

Let him stay and fight for a starting shirt. If next season he still doesn't come good, then we can move on.

But then again, the club may not want want to rid Rudiger cause of his transfer influence like u pointed out, and also the fact that he's the most vocal. Zouma has been our best defender and may have saved his career, while the worst that can happen to Tomori is a loan move.

It will be interesting to see what the club would do in the defence this summer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ibime:

You get am. I don't see how we would sell Kepa for £40m later. The only big teams in the market for Goalkeeper in Spain are Valencia and Sevilla and they don't have that kind of money, plus cover his high wages (without selling their own goalkeepers), meanwhile Kepa won't sell anywhere else apart from Spain.

All we can do is force Atleti into the market for goalkeeper by taking Oblak and offering them Kepa to cover their need at the same time. I can't see why Oblak will reject more money at Chelsea. The only stumbling block will be in getting ATM to accept Kepa.

£70m plus Kepa for Oblak will make more sense from your calculations that keeping Kepa plus buying Onana ontop.

Another possible angle is swapping Kepa for Cillesen who Valencia are not happy with. We can possibly get them to give us £10m to £15m plus Cillesen with Cillesen valued at £30m. It's then easier to bleed out Cillesens contract if he flops. However, he would be an improvement on Kepa for us. What we would do in that scenario is also buy another mid-level keeper (£5m-£20m) who can do a good job if Cillesen flops like Arreola, Karl Darlow at Newcastle or Ramsdale at Bournemouth. Between Cillesen and one of these, they should amount to the same yearly cost as Kepa with some assurance that at least one of them can do a job, and they will also have a lower wage so we can sell them at anytime. That is another possible way to exit Kepas liability, and Valencia also want to exit Cillesens liability so for us it's a case of swapping a big liability (Kepa) for a smaller liability (Cillesen) who can actually come good, with a backup in case he doesn't. Valencia have more faith in Kepa and we would have more faith in Cillesen so it's a possible win-win.
Why Oblak would reject more money at Chelsea??

Chelsea went for Oblak last two summers, he didn't join, instead ATM gave him £350k per week salary increase and made him captain, what will Chelsea offer Oblak now?

Remember when Madrid where chasing De gea, same shit happened Madrid kept chasing de gea till we signed courtios, what did united do, give de gea a new contract of 350k the rest is history.

How much will or should Chelsea offer Oblak, to make him consider leaving ATM to Chelsea. The highest earner in Chelsea is £200k per week I think.

From the beginning of this Oblak story and rumor, as long as I haven't read Oblak wants to leave or ATM need to sell. My hope and mind is not on it at all.

Recall what occured even with Griezmann that wanted to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nezzjnr:

In your dreams
see this one, it's because Henderson prefers to be number 1 and make euros next summer. Sheff united offer his most realistic option so united sending him back on loan won't offend him. If he had more ambition he would seek a transfer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
BlueMann:

True, but I personally wouldn't want to get rid of Chris, cause I know how good he can be when he's at the top of his game. Let the staff try to get him to bulk up, and he should address his inconsistency.

Let him stay and fight for a starting shirt. If next season he still doesn't come good, then we can move on.

But then again, the club may not want want to rid Rudiger cause of his transfer influence like u pointed out, and also the fact that he's the most vocal. Zouma has been our best defender and may have saved his career, while the worst that can happen to Tomori is a loan move.

It will be interesting to see what the club would do in the defence this summer.

Chris does not look like someone that will bulk up. He's been playing professionally for 5 years now in top league and hasn't done so, and we also have Tomori lining up behind him that can already do an equal or better job. It's not just the strength I have concern with but his lack of concentration and losing his man everytime.

Tammy is another one, they should either ship out or give the summer to work on his physicality and hold up play.

Rudiger is not as instrumental to getting these guys. At the end of the day, money talks and as Werner said he was speaking to Lampard everyday. His main consideration would have been how Lampard wants to use him, his career prospects and money first before thinking about Rudiger. Where Rudiger may be important is in helping them settle into the country and dressing room, rather than convincing them to transfer.

Personally I would get a left footed centre-back to partner Zouma like Magalhaeas at Lille and have Tomori as first sub. With the way I see Lampard playing next season with very high-line, speed of centrebacks will be very important and that's where Magalhaeas and Tomori have advantage. Magalhaeas also brings that left-side balance with better physicality to handle set pieces.

I also wouldn't mind Lloyd Kelly as 2nd choice LB and 2nd choice LCB. For under £20m, there is a player that can cover 2 positions.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Why Oblak would reject more money at Chelsea??

Chelsea went for Oblak last two summers, he didn't join, instead ATM gave him £350k per week salary increase and made him captain, what will Chelsea offer Oblak now?

Remember when Madrid where chasing De gea, same shit happened Madrid kept chasing de gea till we signed courtios, what did united do, give de gea a new contract of 350k the rest is history.

How much will or should Chelsea offer Oblak, to make him consider leaving ATM to Chelsea. The highest earner in Chelsea is £200k per week I think.

From the beginning of this Oblak story and rumor, as long as I haven't read Oblak wants to leave or ATM need to sell. My hope and mind is not on it at all.

Recall what occured even with Griezmann that wanted to leave.

Is Oblak on £350k? I find that hard to believe.

If that's the case, the Cillesen swap would be more viable than paying a Goalkeeper almost double everyone else. If Oblak then flops, you have an even bigger liability than Kepa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
BlueMann:

are you minding littlenezz cheesy he thinks Henderson wont leave scummies
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ibime:

Is Oblak on £350k? I find that hard to believe.

If that's the case, the Cillesen swap would be more viable than paying a Goalkeeper almost double everyone else. If Oblak then flops, you have an even bigger liability than Kepa.
he signed a new contract that increased his release clause.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
see this one, it's because Henderson prefers to be number 1 and make euros next summer. Sheff united offer his most realistic option so united sending him back on loan won't offend him. If he had more ambition he would seek a transfer
K

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9416) (9417) (9418) (9419) (9420) (9421) (9422) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.