Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,424 members, 7,843,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10654339 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9700) (9701) (9702) (9703) (9704) (9705) (9706) ... (19311) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
A40:

Back shots actually. It's possible he might lose ability to walk. He was just fortunate to not die, I don't know why you're attributing a lucky coincidence to the officer not shooting to kill this man

Just reading now that it was lower back shots and he is paralysed from the legs down. It is definitely not a shoot-to-kill as the officer was grabbing his shirt while shooting him in the lower back, so these are neutralising shots, although too many. The officer would easily kill him with one shot by raising his gun slightly higher.

This won't go past excessive use of force on any charges and that's due to the number of shots fired. If it was 2 shots, the officer will be back in work, never mind facing charges as taser was first used unsuccessfully.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
pamcode:
Lol. Lampard seems to rate him, I read Ashley Cole rates him as well. I haven't really watched him so I don't know. Make he sha come good cos heaven knows we have wasted money on that side of the team and that is something considering that Chelsea has wasted a lot of money on almost all sides.
all top teams spend and somethings waste in certain areas to improve the team. It happens. Chilwell will come good
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
Manchester City have ruled out letting first-team regulars Bernardo Silva, Riyad Mahrez and Gabriel Jesus leave in any exchange deal for Lionel Messi or anyone else this summer.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking. There's definitely an exchange deal, it just the question of who or what is being offered.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Manchester City have ruled out letting first-team regulars Bernardo Silva, Riyad Mahrez and Gabriel Jesus leave in any exchange deal for Lionel Messi or anyone else this summer.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking. There's definitely an exchange deal, it just the question of who or what is being offered.
well, all well and good, my prayer is that that short man must not come to man city, I know there's no team that can trigger his release clause without breaking FFP rules and I'm very sure barca will not exchange him for low quality players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
A40:

Naah mate. You're the one that is ignoring patterns. In all these killings and shootings you have not produced one example where the people that were shot were actually armed. Scuffles should not lead to people getting shot period else how are they different from China and the other countries they malign for their human rights record

You choose what data you wish to process. There are hundreds of Police shooting armed civilians per year but it is not on Twittersphere because nothing to protest about. 83% of Civilians killed by Police in US last year were armed. On the other hand, 150 Police Officers were killed in line of duty in US last year.

This is why you have Police overreaction in US compared to UK which can go a whole year with zero police deaths in line of duty. Police vs Civilian in US can be like two soldiers facing each other cos they both have right to bear arms. The 17% of unarmed civilians killed by Police in US are mostly victims of Police fearing they could reach for weapon. Mr Blake is simply a victim of a hyperweaponised society where going into your car after a scuffle with Police can be interpreted as an attempt to reach a weapon.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
timbros:

Below is your first comment which I cautioned...

You went on to emphasize your point that Messi can never fail anywhere with the words below...

I went on to show you some biggest stages of football where he actually failed.

Pay attention. The conversation is not WHY Messi failed but IF he can actually fail.

Evidence shows that Messi can't deliver goals ANYWHERE and Everywhere as you claimed. He has played 4 major finals and neither scored nor assisted in any of them. Reason why I asked you to exercise caution. This is football.

Messi can come to Chelsea and fail. But then, there is this ready made excuse of not having supporting cast, which is entirely another argument altogether.

Talking about carrying a team alone, from the knockout stages, did Messi carry Argentina team to World Cup final in 2014 or the team carried him?
Make we rest then.

Since your argument is because he didnt score or assist in the major finals he featured in, he won't come good for us.

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
timbros:

Is Lautaro not 'very good;excellent'?
Fair enough.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
WE HAVE A PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY TOMMOROW. MY LINEUP FOR TOMMOROW BASED ON TRAINING. KEPA JAMES AZPI AMPADU ALONSO KOVACIC LOFTUS-CHEEK GALLAGHER ZIYECH WERNER HUDSON-ODOI
MATSEEN GIROUD LAWRENCE TO BE INVOLVED FROM THE BENCH.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
EarlRagnar2:
Pastor skimple that boy is a deadly finisher ooo
With how many goals contributions to show for it compared to our langy striker?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Make we rest then.

Since your argument is because he didnt score or assist in the major finals he featured in, he won't come good for us.

cool

1. I didn't say he won't come good for us. I'm saying there is a possiblity he won't come good for us. More importantly, I'm saying that he will be a distraction for us. Let us build this team for the long term future.

2. In the world cup, Messi not only fail to score in the final, he failed to score in all the knockout matches... R16, quarter final, semi final, and final.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sulele04:
WE HAVE A PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY TOMMOROW.
MY LINEUP FOR TOMMOROW BASED ON TRAINING.
KEPA
JAMES AZPI AMPADU ALONSO
KOVACIC
LOFTUS-CHEEK GALLAGHER
ZIYECH WERNER HUDSON-ODOI

MATSEEN GIROUD LAWRENCE TO BE INVOLVED FROM THE BENCH.

FFS, can't you type normally?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
MorataFC:
Yeah I'm pleased with all our signings so far, next season is going to be interesting but the only fear I have now is Messi going to man city.
messi is going to PSG to join neymar,, at least he needs to play alongside someone familiar
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
donjazet:

must you critisize everything.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ennyjay72(m): 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
macjireh:

messi is going to PSG to join neymar,, at least he needs to play alongside someone familiar

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by yungmayor02(m): 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
timbros:

1. I didn't say he won't come good for us. I'm saying there is a possiblity he won't come good for us. More importantly, I'm saying that he will be a distraction for us. Let us build this team for the long term future.

2. In the world cup, Messi not only fail to score in the final, he failed to score in all the knockout matches... R16, quarter final, semi final, and final.

All dis one na unnecessary shalaye.
If Messi is leaving Barcelona he'll definitely go to man city

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
donjazet:

cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=ennyjay72 post=93322589][/quote]
They shouldn't try that nonsense o

We have got more attacking minded players

Kante would actually be d best link bw attack and defence.

Recovery of loss balls.

Mk dem kukuma leave donaruma o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
Segedinho:

They shouldn't try that nonsense o

We have got more attacking minded players

Kante would actually be d best link bw attack and defence.

Recovery of loss balls.

Mk dem kukuma leave donaruma o
the reason been Kante's injuries this past 2seasons. Be it Kante or Jorginho, seems Lampard isn't bothered if they stay or leave he just wants Rice. #rumurs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ibime:

You choose what data you wish to process. There are hundreds of Police shooting armed civilians per year but it is not on Twittersphere because nothing to protest about. 83% of Civilians killed by Police in US last year were armed. On the other hand, 150 Police Officers were killed in line of duty in US last year.

This is why you have Police overreaction in US compared to UK which can go a whole year with zero police deaths in line of duty. Police vs Civilian in US can be like two soldiers facing each other cos they both have right to bear arms. The 17% of unarmed civilians killed by Police in US are mostly victims of Police fearing they could reach for weapon. Mr Blake is simply a victim of a hyperweaponised society where going into your car after a scuffle with Police can be interpreted as an attempt to reach a weapon.

A40 if you were to be a cop in America, you shouted to a suspect to stop multiple times but he did not, he was going to the car and you dont know what he has in the car, You have tasered him twice which didnt stop him
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/officials-say-jacob-blake-was-tased-twice-before-shooting-identify-2-other-cops-involved/ar-BB18t9w1?ocid=msedgntp

At that point what do you do

You have less than 5 seconds which might mean you live or you join the other 150 officer dead in line of duty

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
Messi signs for man city, his FPL value would likely be 12 or 13

Havertz would likely be 9.0 (more than 8.0, maybe 10 cheesy)

Man City went from almost been transfered ban, and almost UCL banned, to attempting to sign Messi. How things can change so fast.

Next season Chelsea and Lamprad should get at least 80points, UCL QF and a trophy –this would be a good season. And also conceded far less goals.

I just can't see Pep not winning the UCL with Messi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
BlueAngel444:
the reason been Kante's injuries this past 2seasons. Be it Kante or Jorginho, seems Lampard isn't bothered if they stay or leave he just wants Rice. #rumurs
Rice is closer in ball recovery and work rate than jorginho

Kovacic isn't a proper dm.

I would rather we had kante and monitor his injury probs b4 thinking of letting him leave.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
raumdeuter:

A40 if you were to be a cop in America, you shouted to a suspect to stop multiple times but he did not, he was going to the car and you dont know what he has in the car, You have tasered him twice which didnt stop him
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/officials-say-jacob-blake-was-tased-twice-before-shooting-identify-2-other-cops-involved/ar-BB18t9w1?ocid=msedgntp

You have less than 5 seconds which might mean you live or you join the other 150 officer dead in line of duty

So you shoot him 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 times? Even though the 1st shot left him with his head on the steering which caused the horn to go off for minutes?

So at what point do you stop shooting? I mean if it comes out he was trying to reach for a weapon!

Are they on bullet count audit? What level of fear/ insecurity justifies shooting a man 7 times with no established motive to hurt the officers?

Dayo, you are black man with kids living in America..This can absolutely happen to you even if you follow all the directions they ask! Just pray you meet a sane officer!! We have to stop making these ridiculous excuses.

A friend of mine was pulled over yesterday for no apparent reason and when he asked why they could not come up with any reason. The officers only asked him to go when they realized he was streaming the encounter live on facebook! My friend had his wife and thier new born baby in his car!!!!!

If you are wondering, this friend is a top healthcare executive in my state of residence. So its not about the hood or where you live even though those increase the risks!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chelsea fans who had been born by that time, please enlighten me ON THE SAGA STORY BETWEEN WAYNE BRIDGE AND JOHN TERRY, Who is the villan and who is the victim.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timay(m): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Messi signs for man city, his FPL value would likely be 12 or 13

Havertz would likely be 9.0 (more than 8.0, maybe 10 cheesy)

Man City went from almost been transfered ban, and almost UCL banned, to attempting to sign Messi. How things can change so fast.

Next season Chelsea and Lamprad should get at least 80points, UCL QF and a trophy –this would be a good season. And also conceded far less goals.

I just can't see Pep not winning the UCL with Messi.
FPL doesn't work like that. It works based on reputation. You build reputation in FPL. A new player in the league won't cost much at first. After the season, when he bangs in a lot of points and people use him a lot, the player transfer cost is then increased based on accrued reputation. Fernandes of Man Utd is an example.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sulele04:
Chelsea fans who had been born by that time, please enlighten me ON THE SAGA STORY BETWEEN WAYNE BRIDGE AND JOHN TERRY, Who is the villan and who is the victim.
shocked wait you actually typed in small letters cheesy this in itself is a SAGA shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
timay:

FPL doesn't work like that. It works based on reputation. You build reputation in FPL. A new player in the league won't cost much at first. After the season, when he bangs in a lot of points and people use him a lot, the player transfer cost is then increased based on accrued reputation. Fernandes of Man Utd is an example.
you mean for Messi? Lowest Messi can start with should be 10.0

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
BlueAngel444:
shocked wait you actually typed in small letters cheesy this in itself is a SAGA shocked
grin shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
From Onana to Henderson to Oblak to Pope to Maignan to Mendy and now Donnarumma.

Henderson — signs contract extension
Oblak — considers joining this time, but massive release clause
Pope and Mendy — both clubs asking for 50m shocked imagine

Onana and Maignan — said to be worth 30m yet no news.

Now Donnarumma, abeg Chelsea sign him o, 50m is worth it or straight swap with Kepa.

Donnarumma > Mendy, Maignan, Onana, Pope

Last time we went looking for a GK it was like this. It kept dragging, i like how Chelsea isn't waiting time with any club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
raumdeuter:

I don't shoot him 7 times. That's a start. I won't be suprised if they check that car and no weapons would be found.

We've seen them shoot even the unarmed ones that pose no threat whatsoever so this is just an easy excuse

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
Roland17:

So you shoot him 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 times? Even though the 1st shot left him with his head on the sterring which caused the horn to go off for minutes?

So at what point do you stop shooting? I mean if it comes out he was trying to reach for a weapon!

Are they on bullet count audit? What level of fear/ insecurity justifies shooting a man 7 times with no established motive to hurt the officers?

Dayo, you are black man with kids living in America..This can absolutely happen to you even if you follow all the directions they ask! Just pray you meet a sane officer!! We have to stop making these ridiculous excuses.

A friend of mine was pulled over yesterday for no apparent reason and when he asked why they could not come up with any reason. The officers only asked him to go when they realized he was streaming the encounter live on facebook! My friend had his wife and thier new born baby in his car!!!!!

If you are wondering, this friend is a top healthcare executive in my state of residence. So its not about the hood or where you live even though those increase the risks!
You're going far sef. Didn't we see Masai Ujiri. Raptors GM on live TV in front of 20,000 people. This deputy wearing a body cam still shoved and pushed this Masai twice and lied about it

Imagine they ran into each other on the street I'm sure as Masai is trying to reach out for ID this Sheriff's deputy would have rained bullets on his head.

Plus armed plus unarmed these people kill every day and we know why. It's bizarre to keep reading these excuses and put heads inside sand ignoring that there is a problem and this convenient second amendment excuse can't keep flying

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
A40:
I don't shoot him 7 times. That's a start. I won't be suprised if they check that car and no weapons would be found.

We've seen them shoot even the unarmed ones that pose no threat whatsoever so this is just an easy excuse

They apparently found a Knife under His seat. That's what was said at the Press Conference a day or 2 ago.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ibime:

I promise you nobody is on the streets marching for armed civilians engaging police. This stat is neither here nor there. Far too many unarmed people get killed without consequences. You as a citizen can never kill a police officer and go Scot free. There are institutions that will make your life a living hell. This should be the same for every unarmed civilian that gets killed. You shouldn't be getting paid leave FFS

Ibime:

Again. We have seen police kill unarmed people even when it has been established this person lacks the capacity to harm the police. The overreaction is crazy and uncalled for. And it's not down to purely weapons

In Mr Blake's case there is nothing he did that warranted 7 shots

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9700) (9701) (9702) (9703) (9704) (9705) (9706) ... (19311) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotola90(m), Roland17(m), FergieRaww(m), Android17 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.